Monday, March 26, 2012
Cloo will be airing some classic marathons once again in April and May. As we mentioned, we have already gotten classic Saturday marathons of Mannix and Get Smart, but now we'll get more! On Saturday, April 21, 2012 it's three shows in one day! First, we'll get Get Smart from 6-10am ET! Then its time for some Mannix from 10am-4pm ET and what better way to finish it off with Charlie's Angels from 4pm-6am. It's nice to see Get Smart and Mannix get some play again and Charlie's Angels is always nice to see, as it also airs on sister network Universal HD.
What about in May? There will also be a Cloo Classic Marathon that month. On Saturday, May 19 we will get a full 24-hour marathon of Charlie's Angels! Hello, Angels indeed! We'll of course continue to keep you up to date of any future Cloo Classic marathons and we hope we get plenty more to come! And hopefully some more classics join in on the fun. View the Cloo website to see if you get this cable network.
CBS announced the dates for its 2011-12 series' season finales. Finales include two-hour editions of The Amazing Race, Survivor: One World, NCIS: Los Angeles and Criminal Minds. Also, sitcoms 2 Broke Girls and How I Met Your Mother will both get one-hour season finales! The finales kick-off on Sunday, April 29 with the season finale of The Good Wife in its 9pm timeslot. Then on the following week on May 6, it will be the two-hour season finale of The Amazing Race from 8-10pm. The very next night on Monday, May 7, CBS will air a one-hour season finale of 2 Broke Girls starting at a special time of 8pm, as How I Met Your Mother is preempted. That sitcom will get the one-hour finale treatment the following week on May 14 from 8-9pm. New drama Unforgettable, whose fate is still not revealed, will have its finale on Tuesday, May 8 at 10pm. CSI will end its season on Wednesday, May 9 at 10pm. The Big Bang Theory is ending pretty early as it has its season finale on Thursday, May 10 -- a week before the final Thursday of the season. The Friday finales will also end a week before the final Friday of the season, as these shows end on May 11: Undercover Boss, CSI: NY and Blue Bloods. On Sunday, May 13, it is the Survivor finale event from 8-11pm with a two-hour finale and a live Reunion show at 10pm. Following the Mother finale on Monday, May 14, will be the finales of the other Monday series Two and a Half Men, Mike & Molly and Hawaii Five-0 -- also a week before the final Monday of the season. And CBS continues that pattern on Tuesdays, with the NCIS finale at 8pm and a two-hour NCIS: LA finale from 9-11pm on Tuesday, May 15. Criminal Minds will also get a two-hour finale on Wednesday, May 16 from 9-11pm. No word what airs at 8pm on that night, as Survivor will have its finale Wednesday episode on May 9. On Thursday, May 17, Rules of Engagement will have its season finale at 8:30pm. It looks like a Bang repeat will lead-in. Weird. Dramas Person of Interest and The Mentalist will have their season finales also on that night from 9-11pm.
So everything but the Thursday, May 17 finales are ending early. CBS looks like will air a lot of repeats from May 18-23 (like last season) -- the final week of the season. Look for a new Jesse Stone movie on Sunday, May 20.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.