Monday, March 26, 2012
Cloo will be airing some classic marathons once again in April and May. As we mentioned, we have already gotten classic Saturday marathons of Mannix and Get Smart, but now we'll get more! On Saturday, April 21, 2012 it's three shows in one day! First, we'll get Get Smart from 6-10am ET! Then its time for some Mannix from 10am-4pm ET and what better way to finish it off with Charlie's Angels from 4pm-6am. It's nice to see Get Smart and Mannix get some play again and Charlie's Angels is always nice to see, as it also airs on sister network Universal HD.
What about in May? There will also be a Cloo Classic Marathon that month. On Saturday, May 19 we will get a full 24-hour marathon of Charlie's Angels! Hello, Angels indeed! We'll of course continue to keep you up to date of any future Cloo Classic marathons and we hope we get plenty more to come! And hopefully some more classics join in on the fun. View the Cloo website to see if you get this cable network.
CBS announced the dates for its 2011-12 series' season finales. Finales include two-hour editions of The Amazing Race, Survivor: One World, NCIS: Los Angeles and Criminal Minds. Also, sitcoms 2 Broke Girls and How I Met Your Mother will both get one-hour season finales! The finales kick-off on Sunday, April 29 with the season finale of The Good Wife in its 9pm timeslot. Then on the following week on May 6, it will be the two-hour season finale of The Amazing Race from 8-10pm. The very next night on Monday, May 7, CBS will air a one-hour season finale of 2 Broke Girls starting at a special time of 8pm, as How I Met Your Mother is preempted. That sitcom will get the one-hour finale treatment the following week on May 14 from 8-9pm. New drama Unforgettable, whose fate is still not revealed, will have its finale on Tuesday, May 8 at 10pm. CSI will end its season on Wednesday, May 9 at 10pm. The Big Bang Theory is ending pretty early as it has its season finale on Thursday, May 10 -- a week before the final Thursday of the season. The Friday finales will also end a week before the final Friday of the season, as these shows end on May 11: Undercover Boss, CSI: NY and Blue Bloods. On Sunday, May 13, it is the Survivor finale event from 8-11pm with a two-hour finale and a live Reunion show at 10pm. Following the Mother finale on Monday, May 14, will be the finales of the other Monday series Two and a Half Men, Mike & Molly and Hawaii Five-0 -- also a week before the final Monday of the season. And CBS continues that pattern on Tuesdays, with the NCIS finale at 8pm and a two-hour NCIS: LA finale from 9-11pm on Tuesday, May 15. Criminal Minds will also get a two-hour finale on Wednesday, May 16 from 9-11pm. No word what airs at 8pm on that night, as Survivor will have its finale Wednesday episode on May 9. On Thursday, May 17, Rules of Engagement will have its season finale at 8:30pm. It looks like a Bang repeat will lead-in. Weird. Dramas Person of Interest and The Mentalist will have their season finales also on that night from 9-11pm.
So everything but the Thursday, May 17 finales are ending early. CBS looks like will air a lot of repeats from May 18-23 (like last season) -- the final week of the season. Look for a new Jesse Stone movie on Sunday, May 20.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.