Thursday, February 16, 2012
Centric Adds Bernie Mac, Plus Weekend Marathons Info; MeTV Network Adds Affiliates In Toledo and Richmond
Centric will be adding Bernie Mac to its sitcom line-up starting on Monday, Feb. 27. The sitcom airs on sister network BET every weekday morning from 8-10am, but it will now also air on Centric. The cable network will air it weekdays from 2-3pm and again from 7-8pm. Both hours will replace The Jamie Foxx Show, which as of now, will be off the line-up completely. As of now, BET is keeping Bernie Mac on the schedule when Centric adds the series, but if that changes, we'll let you know. And we'll let you know if Jamie Foxx heads to BET or returns to Centric at some point.
Centric will welcome Bernie to the line-up with a weekend marathon on Saturday, Feb. 25 and Sunday, Feb. 26 from 10am-9pm on both days. Elsewhere on Centric, they will have a "The Cosby Show: Bill Cosby For President" marathon on President's Day (Monday, Feb. 20) from 9am-9pm, but that's not all! They will also air the 2002 two-hour retrospective special The Cosby Show: A Look Back from 7-9am (encores 11:30pm-1:30am). Additionally, the Centric premiere of the 2009 half-hour special The Cosby Show 25th Anniversary Special, which originally aired on WGN America and in syndication, airs at 9pm (encores 1:30am). Other stunts include weekend marathons of The Steve Harvey Show (Mar 3-4), In Living Color (Mar 10-11), The Wayans Bros. (Mar 17-18), Girlfriends (Mar 24-25), and 227 (Mar 31-Apr 1).
If you don't know, the weekday Centric schedule starts off with NY Undercover at 6am, followed by '80s classics The A-Team and Miami Vice. After a two-hour break for some music, two-full hours of 227 airs from 11am-1pm, child. Afternoons has Girlfriends in the 1pm hour, followed by Bernie Mac at 2pm. Then the Centric movie airs at 3pm leading into the evening sitcoms starting at 5pm with an hour each of The Wayans Bros., The Steve Harvey Show and more Bernie Mac. In primetime, the '80s classic The Cosby Show leads it off at 8pm, followed by an hour each of Girfriends and The Wayans Bros. In late night, The A-Team will continue to protect 11pm, leading into The Steve Harvey Show and The Cosby Show from 12am-2am. In the overnight, the encore of the afternoon movie will air at 2am leading into an hour of In Living Color at 4am and an airing of drama The Unit at 5am. So it's a nice mix of sitcoms and dramas, but let's hope we get more series soon, too. Perhaps an older series in the vein of 227 and Cosby Show? We'll let you know if that happens, but for now enjoy this schedule with the addition of Bernie Mac and all of the weekend marathons that will start on Feb. 25.
The MeTV Network announced affiliation agreements with Raycom Media-owned WTOL-TV, Toledo and WWBT-TV, Richmond. These two stations join the Network's three other Raycom affiliates: WOIO-TV, Cleveland, KOLD-TV, Tucson and WQWQ-TV, Paducah. The addition of these two stations and other signed affiliation agreements will bring the Network’s clearance to more than 77% of the country. MeTV has more than 115 affiliates. WTOL-TV launched on January 30, 2012 and carries MeTV over the air on channel 11.2, as well as on Comcast cable channel 247, Comcast Clinton cable channel 250, Buckeye CableSystem channel 111 and Time Warner cable channel 992. WWBT-TV launched on February 6, 2012 and carries MeTV over the air on channel 12.2, as well as on Comcast cable channel 208 and FiOS cable channel 460.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.