Thursday, February 16, 2012
Centric Adds Bernie Mac, Plus Weekend Marathons Info; MeTV Network Adds Affiliates In Toledo and Richmond
Centric will be adding Bernie Mac to its sitcom line-up starting on Monday, Feb. 27. The sitcom airs on sister network BET every weekday morning from 8-10am, but it will now also air on Centric. The cable network will air it weekdays from 2-3pm and again from 7-8pm. Both hours will replace The Jamie Foxx Show, which as of now, will be off the line-up completely. As of now, BET is keeping Bernie Mac on the schedule when Centric adds the series, but if that changes, we'll let you know. And we'll let you know if Jamie Foxx heads to BET or returns to Centric at some point.
Centric will welcome Bernie to the line-up with a weekend marathon on Saturday, Feb. 25 and Sunday, Feb. 26 from 10am-9pm on both days. Elsewhere on Centric, they will have a "The Cosby Show: Bill Cosby For President" marathon on President's Day (Monday, Feb. 20) from 9am-9pm, but that's not all! They will also air the 2002 two-hour retrospective special The Cosby Show: A Look Back from 7-9am (encores 11:30pm-1:30am). Additionally, the Centric premiere of the 2009 half-hour special The Cosby Show 25th Anniversary Special, which originally aired on WGN America and in syndication, airs at 9pm (encores 1:30am). Other stunts include weekend marathons of The Steve Harvey Show (Mar 3-4), In Living Color (Mar 10-11), The Wayans Bros. (Mar 17-18), Girlfriends (Mar 24-25), and 227 (Mar 31-Apr 1).
If you don't know, the weekday Centric schedule starts off with NY Undercover at 6am, followed by '80s classics The A-Team and Miami Vice. After a two-hour break for some music, two-full hours of 227 airs from 11am-1pm, child. Afternoons has Girlfriends in the 1pm hour, followed by Bernie Mac at 2pm. Then the Centric movie airs at 3pm leading into the evening sitcoms starting at 5pm with an hour each of The Wayans Bros., The Steve Harvey Show and more Bernie Mac. In primetime, the '80s classic The Cosby Show leads it off at 8pm, followed by an hour each of Girfriends and The Wayans Bros. In late night, The A-Team will continue to protect 11pm, leading into The Steve Harvey Show and The Cosby Show from 12am-2am. In the overnight, the encore of the afternoon movie will air at 2am leading into an hour of In Living Color at 4am and an airing of drama The Unit at 5am. So it's a nice mix of sitcoms and dramas, but let's hope we get more series soon, too. Perhaps an older series in the vein of 227 and Cosby Show? We'll let you know if that happens, but for now enjoy this schedule with the addition of Bernie Mac and all of the weekend marathons that will start on Feb. 25.
The MeTV Network announced affiliation agreements with Raycom Media-owned WTOL-TV, Toledo and WWBT-TV, Richmond. These two stations join the Network's three other Raycom affiliates: WOIO-TV, Cleveland, KOLD-TV, Tucson and WQWQ-TV, Paducah. The addition of these two stations and other signed affiliation agreements will bring the Network’s clearance to more than 77% of the country. MeTV has more than 115 affiliates. WTOL-TV launched on January 30, 2012 and carries MeTV over the air on channel 11.2, as well as on Comcast cable channel 247, Comcast Clinton cable channel 250, Buckeye CableSystem channel 111 and Time Warner cable channel 992. WWBT-TV launched on February 6, 2012 and carries MeTV over the air on channel 12.2, as well as on Comcast cable channel 208 and FiOS cable channel 460.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.