Thursday, January 19, 2012
Hallmark Channel's movie network The Hallmark Movie Channel will bring back reruns of Perry Mason starting President's Day! The classic Raymond Burr series will start off with a 24-hour President's Day Marathon on Monday, Feb. 20, 2012 starting bright and early at 6am! Perry Mason will then start airing every weekday as well starting Tuesday, Feb. 21 and will air weekdays at 12 noon ET and 1pm ET, replacing Matlock. It seems Matlock will be off the schedule, but the two-hour movies will still pop-up on weekends from time to time. No word on when the regular Matlock airings will return, but you can still catch it on WGN America and in local syndication (if your market airs it). Perry Mason will be the lead-in to Murder, She Wrote, which remains weekdays at 2pm & 3pm ET. The Angela Lansbury drama will also still air at 12am & 1am, but Perry Mason will not get an encore. As you know, Murder, She Wrote also airs on TV Land, while Perry Mason can also be seen on MeTV Network and the two-hour movies pop-up from time to time on Encore Suspense.
No other series airs on The Hallmark Movie Channel and rightfully so, since it is a movie network. Stay with us for any further updates and we'll let you know if Matlock does indeed return at some point, but for now the verdict is in and Perry Mason is in!
Trifecta Entertainment & Media announced a two year deal to bring Leverage, the hit TNT television drama from Dean Devlin's Electric Entertainment, to the CBS-owned stations in 13 markets, beginning in Fall 2012. The fast-paced, light hearted caper series, recently picked up for its fifth season on TNT, will air on weekends on WCBS in New York, KCAL/KCBS in Los Angeles, WBBM in Chicago, KYW/WPSG in Philadelphia, KTVT/KTXA in Dallas, KPIX/KBCW in San Francisco, WBZ/WSBK in Boston, WUPA in Atlanta, WWJ/WKBD in Detroit, KSTW in Seattle, WCCO in Minneapolis, WPCW in Pittsburgh and WJZ in Baltimore.
Leverage follows a five-person team: a grifter, a hacker, a thief, a retrieval specialist, and their leader, former insurance investigator Nathan Ford (Hutton), who use their skills to right corporate and governmental injustices inflicted on ordinary citizens. In its fourth season, Leverage averaged more than 4.8 million viewers, up 10% over season three.
Speaking of syndication, the annual NATPE conference is Jan. 23-25 from Miami and we will bring you some news from that next week. We promise some classic TV sitcom news will come out of this as well. What will it be? Stay with us next week and find out!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)
07/07 - Archie Bunker's Place - Season One (Mill Creek)
07/07 - Barney Miller - The Final (Eighth) Season
07/07 - Married with Children - Season Eleven (Mill Creek)
07/07 - Married with Children - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
07/07 - The Michael J. Fox Show - The Complete First Season
07/07 - Playing House - Season 1
07/14 - Growing Pains - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
07/14 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Third Season
07/28 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites - Season 7
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, July 30
The Big Bang Theory - "The Fortification Implementation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Sheldon and Amy build a blanket fort, they come to major crossroads in their relationship. Also, Wolowitz meets the half-brother he never knew he had, and when Penny is invited to appear on Wil Wheaton’s podcast, she and Leonard have a huge, on-air argument.
Mom - "Nudes and a Six-Day Cleanse" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After realizing she's been a waitress longer than she planned, Christy takes steps towards a new career. Also, Bonnie and Alvin try to recapture their youth.
Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll - "Lust for Life" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Johnny dies. On the internet. And decides to stay dead for financial reasons. Which leads to a big break for Gigi.
Married - "The Sandwich" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Russ and Lina go on separate dates.
Thursday, July 30
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/It's Your Move/Silver Spoons) - Catch Jason on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Bella Thorne (Shake It Up) - Bella visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Christine Baranski (Cybill/Welcome to New York/Happy Family) - Christine stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Jesse/Married with Children) - Christina drops The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Seth Morris (The Hotwives of Orlando/Go On/Happy Endings) - Seth appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ed Helms (The Office) - Ed visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) and Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/Getting On/Reno 911!) - Cedric and Niecy dish about The Soul Man on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Tamela and David Mann (Mann & Wife/Meet the Browns) - Tamela and David are guests on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril cooks on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Tahj Mowry (Baby Daddy/Smart Guy) - Tahj appears on The Boris and Nicole Show on select Fox-owned stations, so check your local listings.
- Bobcat Goldthwait (Unhappily Ever After) - Bobcat is a guest on the AOL Build Show.
- Casey Wilson (Marry Me/Happy Endings) - Casey appears on a repeat of Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi talks about her new single and participation in the upcoming iHeartRadio Music Festival on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Vivica A. Fox (Out All Night/Arsenio) - Vivica talks about her new movie Ways to Die on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Jessie T. Usher (Survivor's Remorse) - Jessie will be on Essence Live.
- Damon Wayans, Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) - Damon is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.