Tuesday, January 03, 2012
The good doctor is back! The Dick Van Dyke '90s drama Diagnosis Murder, where he played Dr. Sloan, has now started airing on Encore Suspense. The series started airing weeknights at 10pm as of yesterday. It is airing back-to-back with The Alfred Hitchcock Hour, which airs at 11pm. This is now the second Encore network airing TV series. The first of course is Encore Westerns which airs Marshall Dillon, Gunsmoke, Rawhide, Have Gun Will Travel, Wagon Train, Laredo, and Lawman -- all weekdays from 2-8pm. Encore Westerns also airs Dead Man's Gun on weekends.
As for Diagnosis Murder, the series also stars Barry Van Dyke and Scott Baio. It was last seen on cable on The Hallmark Channel and previously also aired on PAX (and then on the later renamed ION Television). Hallmark Movie Channel recently aired the two-hour movies and two-part episodes, alongside Matlock and Murder, She Wrote, both of which still air on the network. Diagnosis Murder started on Encore Suspense with a New Year's Day marathon on Jan. 1.
After just three months, TNT has moved Smallville from weekdays at 12 noon to weekdays at 5am. This change started yesterday. The series began its run on TNT in October but it doesn't look like the ratings were that great. TNT will move up the two-hour block of Las Vegas to now 12-2pm instead of 1-3pm. TNT will now add a five-days-a-week slot for original series Leverage at 2pm leading into original series reruns of The Closer at 3pm. Supernatural will remain at 10am and 11am and the series will get a President's Day marathon on Monday, Feb. 20, 2012 from 9am-7pm.
As for Smallville, there is no word on if and when it will get another time period, but as for now at least it is airing. 5am is better than no airing at all. Smallville replaces a Law & Order airing, but that remains airing in the overnight at 3am and 4am (in addition to its 4pm-7pm block). Smallville had previously been in syndication on ABC Family from 2004-07.
New sitcom Work It premieres tonight at 8:30/7:30c on ABC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, June 28
The Middle - "Risky Business" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Frankie is completely gobsmacked when Mike’s brother Rusty (Norm Macdonald) pays an unexpected visit and offers him an opportunity to partner on one of his crazy business ideas — and Mike wants in. Meanwhile, Axl goes to extreme measures to prove to Mike that he can handle riding his dad’s new motorcycle; and unbeknownst to her parents, Sue tells Brad that her college roommate is so horrible that she’s resorted to living in her car.<> black-ish - "Churched" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In the Johnson home, Sundays involve SAT prep and sports, so when the family is invited to Church on Sunday by the neighbors, Dre goes against his instinct of always saying “no” and agrees. When they end up having one of the best Sundays they can remember, they realize they should say “yes” to things more often. Meanwhile, Jack and Diane find out they were never baptized, and take it upon themselves to do whatever they want.
Uncle Buck - "Going to Jail Party" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Alexis is convinced that Buck is to blame for Miles’ new, impulsive attitude after she catches him attempting a risky stunt for his YouTube channel. With Miles’ punishment looming, Buck decides to throw a “going to jail” party while Mom and Dad are out, but unfortunately a creepy neighbor calls the cops and ruins their celebration. Buck, Miles, Tia and Maizy seek revenge and end up in a prank war.
Uncle Buck - "I Got This" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Buck and his buddy Cy have a tradition of watching the Bulls games on TV together with Buck’s lucky basketball beside them (or the Bulls lose). But Buck’s multi-tasking skills are pushed to the limit as Tia, Miles and Maizy all have separate crises on the night of a big game, and Will and Alexis are out celebrating their anniversary.
Wrecked - "The Community Pile" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Pack goes on a vision quest; Danny helps Owen relax; Todd makes a power play to take control; the survivors make a discovery that could change everything.
Tuesday, June 28
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Catch Jim on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Sarah and Erin Foster (Barely Famous) - Sarah and Erin are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Paul Scheer (The League/Fresh Off the Boat) - Paul is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Sherri Shepherd (Lesss Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Busy Philipps (Vice Principals/Cougar Town) - Busy discusses her new HBO show Vice Principals, a new comedy series, created by Danny McBride and Jody Hill, that follows a high school and the two people who almost run it on the AOL Build Show at 1pm. She will also be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime in the 9am hour.
- Jonathan Groff (Looking) - Jonathan talks about Looking on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Constance Zimmer (Good Morning, Miami), Shiri Appleby (Sunday Dinner) and Craig Bierko (Unhitched/Madman of the People/Sydney) - The stars of Lifetime's UnREAL are guests on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Arsenio guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.