Tuesday, January 03, 2012
The good doctor is back! The Dick Van Dyke '90s drama Diagnosis Murder, where he played Dr. Sloan, has now started airing on Encore Suspense. The series started airing weeknights at 10pm as of yesterday. It is airing back-to-back with The Alfred Hitchcock Hour, which airs at 11pm. This is now the second Encore network airing TV series. The first of course is Encore Westerns which airs Marshall Dillon, Gunsmoke, Rawhide, Have Gun Will Travel, Wagon Train, Laredo, and Lawman -- all weekdays from 2-8pm. Encore Westerns also airs Dead Man's Gun on weekends.
As for Diagnosis Murder, the series also stars Barry Van Dyke and Scott Baio. It was last seen on cable on The Hallmark Channel and previously also aired on PAX (and then on the later renamed ION Television). Hallmark Movie Channel recently aired the two-hour movies and two-part episodes, alongside Matlock and Murder, She Wrote, both of which still air on the network. Diagnosis Murder started on Encore Suspense with a New Year's Day marathon on Jan. 1.
After just three months, TNT has moved Smallville from weekdays at 12 noon to weekdays at 5am. This change started yesterday. The series began its run on TNT in October but it doesn't look like the ratings were that great. TNT will move up the two-hour block of Las Vegas to now 12-2pm instead of 1-3pm. TNT will now add a five-days-a-week slot for original series Leverage at 2pm leading into original series reruns of The Closer at 3pm. Supernatural will remain at 10am and 11am and the series will get a President's Day marathon on Monday, Feb. 20, 2012 from 9am-7pm.
As for Smallville, there is no word on if and when it will get another time period, but as for now at least it is airing. 5am is better than no airing at all. Smallville replaces a Law & Order airing, but that remains airing in the overnight at 3am and 4am (in addition to its 4pm-7pm block). Smallville had previously been in syndication on ABC Family from 2004-07.
New sitcom Work It premieres tonight at 8:30/7:30c on ABC.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, July 28
2 Broke Girls - "And the Icing on the Cake" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Deke invites Max’s friends over for a gathering at his dumpster, Caroline learns an enormous secret about his background.
Mom - "Jail Jail and Japanese Porn" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Christy puts her new relationship ahead of friends and family, Bonnie has to pick up the slack. Academy Award winner Octavia Spencer returns as Regina. Nick Zano returns as David.
Mike & Molly - "They Shoot Asses, Don't They?" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mike decides he needs to live every day like it’s his last after being shot during a robbery. As a result, he tells Carl it’s time for him to quit the police force.
Two and a Half Men - "Clank, Clank, Drunken Skank" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Walden starts partying with Jenny and her hot friends. Meanwhile, Alan and Lyndsey’s illicit affair is jeopardized.
Monday, July 28
- Will Arnett (The Millers/Up All Night/Arrested Development) - Watch Will on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Rachelle Lefevre (Life on a Stick/Big Wolf on Campus) - Rachelle visits on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/Carpoolers) - T.J. is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi talks about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke interviews Queen on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Swoosie Kurtz (Mike & Molly/Love, Sidney) - Swoosie is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Mr. Warmth appears on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony joins the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement) - Wendi is a guest on a repeat of The Better Show, so check your local listings.