Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Cougar Town Returns On Valentine's Day On ABC; Sheen's New Sitcom Anger Management Premieres In June On FX
Yesterday we hinted that the Cougar Town season premiere date would be revealed and it was. We broke the news on Twitter that the series will return for its third season on Tuesday, Feb. 14 - Valentine's Day - at 8:30pm. The comedy will air Tuesdays at 8:30pm. It has a 15 episode order (down from the original 22 it was given last May) since it is launching in mid-season. The series will air repeat free from Feb. 14 to May 15. On the third season premiere episode "Ain't Love Strange," Jules (Courteney Cox) is miffed when Grayson (Josh Hopkins), who has an ulterior motive, calls her "predictable," while Ellie (Christa Miller) frets that little Stan is turning into a "devil child," or even worse, could grow up to be like Laurie (Busy Phillips) and Travis (Dan Byrd) likes his new off campus housing, until Bobby (Brian Van Holt) tries to convince him to take dog Travis in.
Cougar Town is essentially replacing Work It, which was pulled after just two episodes. Repeats of Last Man Standing are airing for the rest of January in this timeslot. It is unclear right now what is airing at 8:30pm on Feb. 7, but Cougar Town will launch the week after on Feb. 14. Show some love and watch Cougar Town on Valentine's Day! Penny can!
FX announced Sunday at the TCA Winter 2012 Press Tour that Charlie Sheen's sitcom adaptation of the Adam Sandler-Jack Nicholson big screen comedy Anger Management will premiere in June 2012. Previously it was announced just as "Summer 2012." He'll fill the Nicholson role of an anger management counselor. The series of course will mark Sheen's return to television following his firing from the CBS sitcom Two and a Half Men last year following his erratic behavior. Sheen was on hand at the TCA winter press tour on Sunday.
FX also airs reruns of Two and a Half Men, so the new sitcom is a perfect fit for them. Ten episodes will air for sure of this new comedy and if ti does well, it will get a bulk order of about 90 episodes. There is plenty still to come on Anger Management, such as an actual premiere date and timeslot. So you'll want to stay with us, but we just had to mention that it was being introduced at the TCA winter press tour.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)
08/04 - The Comeback - The Complete Series
08/04 - I Love Lucy - Ultimate Season 2 (Blu-ray)
08/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - Season Three
08/11 - The Jeffersons - Season Eight
08/11 - Maude - The Complete Second Season
08/11 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fourth Season
08/11 - The Jeff Foxworthy Show - The COmplete Series (Mill Creek)
08/18 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fifth Season
08/18 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Final (Fourth) Season
08/25 - King of the Hill - The Complete 11th Season
08/25 - The Mindy Project - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, August 4
The Last Man on Earth - "Alive in Tucson" / "The Elephant in the Room" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
THE LAST MAN ON EARTH chronicles the life and adventures of an average guy – and humanity’s last hope – who discovers what life is like when no one is telling you what you can and cannot do. The year is 2020, and after a deadly virus has swept the planet, only one man is left on earth: Phil Miller (Forte). He used to be just an average guy who loved his family and hated his job. Now, in his RV, Phil searches the country for other survivors. He has traveled to every city, every town and every outpost in the United States, Mexico and Canada, and has found no one. As he returns to his hometown of Tucson, Phil comes to the realization that he is almost certainly the last living being on the face of the earth. Then, Phil meets Carol, who may be the last woman on earth. At the very least, she’s the most annoying woman on earth. As Phil arrives at the painful realization that the fate of the world rests with them, Carol demands they wed before repopulating the earth.
Clipped - "The Gambler" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
When the guys learn that Buzzy is gambling with the money he'd set aside for his mother's medication, A.J. and Mo decide to lose a poker game to him on purpose, but it isn't as easy to convince Ben to do the right thing. Danni, Charmaine, and Joy make up the Doyle Sisters for a wedding and discuss what makes for a strong marriage, which causes Joy questions her relationship with Bart.
Playing House - "Hello, Old Friend" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Season Premiere)
Maggie, Emma and Charlotte pose for an awkward family picture; Bruce and his mother prepare a traditional family recipe.
Playing House - "Sleepless in Pinebrook" (USA Network, 10:30PM ET/PT)
The Property Brothers make over Maggie's body; Emma creates an online dating profile for Maggie; Bruce and Zach spend time with Charlotte.
Tuesday, August 4
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Catch Mr. Warmth on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Craig Robinson (Mr. Robinson/The Office) - Craig appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC, on the AOL Build Show and on SI Now.
- Michael Ian Black (The Jim Gaffigan Show/Ed) - Michael is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Josh Charles (Sports Night) - Josh visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Denis Leary (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/The Job) - Denis stops by Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Judy appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Tom Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Tom will be on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jessica St. Clair (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/In the Motherhood) and Lennon Parham (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/Accidentally on Purpose) - Jessica and Lennon talk about Playing House on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. Jessica will also be on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason talks about the film The End of the Hour on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy talks about how he almost walked away from Hollywood before landing the leading role on his hit sitcom and what really happened at his first shoot with co-star Melissa McCarthy on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Tim Bagley (Mr. Robinson/Web Therapy/Will & Grace) - Tim talks about his new series Mr. Robinson on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Jerrod appears on the AOL Build Show.
- Brandy Norwood (The Game/Moesha) - Brandy talks about her incognito NYC subway performance and her exciting new role on Broadway's Chicago on a repeat of Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- David Alan Grier (The Carmichael Show/Life with Bonnie/DAG) - David is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Fuller House/Full House) - Candace talks about her new book Dancing Through Life: Steps of Courage and Conviction on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel sometime between 6-9am. She also guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.