Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Cougar Town Returns On Valentine's Day On ABC; Sheen's New Sitcom Anger Management Premieres In June On FX
Yesterday we hinted that the Cougar Town season premiere date would be revealed and it was. We broke the news on Twitter that the series will return for its third season on Tuesday, Feb. 14 - Valentine's Day - at 8:30pm. The comedy will air Tuesdays at 8:30pm. It has a 15 episode order (down from the original 22 it was given last May) since it is launching in mid-season. The series will air repeat free from Feb. 14 to May 15. On the third season premiere episode "Ain't Love Strange," Jules (Courteney Cox) is miffed when Grayson (Josh Hopkins), who has an ulterior motive, calls her "predictable," while Ellie (Christa Miller) frets that little Stan is turning into a "devil child," or even worse, could grow up to be like Laurie (Busy Phillips) and Travis (Dan Byrd) likes his new off campus housing, until Bobby (Brian Van Holt) tries to convince him to take dog Travis in.
Cougar Town is essentially replacing Work It, which was pulled after just two episodes. Repeats of Last Man Standing are airing for the rest of January in this timeslot. It is unclear right now what is airing at 8:30pm on Feb. 7, but Cougar Town will launch the week after on Feb. 14. Show some love and watch Cougar Town on Valentine's Day! Penny can!
FX announced Sunday at the TCA Winter 2012 Press Tour that Charlie Sheen's sitcom adaptation of the Adam Sandler-Jack Nicholson big screen comedy Anger Management will premiere in June 2012. Previously it was announced just as "Summer 2012." He'll fill the Nicholson role of an anger management counselor. The series of course will mark Sheen's return to television following his firing from the CBS sitcom Two and a Half Men last year following his erratic behavior. Sheen was on hand at the TCA winter press tour on Sunday.
FX also airs reruns of Two and a Half Men, so the new sitcom is a perfect fit for them. Ten episodes will air for sure of this new comedy and if ti does well, it will get a bulk order of about 90 episodes. There is plenty still to come on Anger Management, such as an actual premiere date and timeslot. So you'll want to stay with us, but we just had to mention that it was being introduced at the TCA winter press tour.
Last Man Standing - "Eve's Boyfriend" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Eve has a new boyfriend but refuses to talk about him. After Vanessa pressures her for some good ol’ girl talk, Eve concedes and opens up, much to Vanessa’s joy. But when Mandy and Kristin catch wind that Eve’s boyfriend is taking part in the same overnight Junior ROTC camping trip as Eve, their past mistakes prompt them to be concerned.
The Neighbors - "Balle Balle!" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Marty and Debbie are worried when Larry Bird tells them his Indian co-worker at the coffee shop has invited him to a traditional Indian wedding. Despite their pleas, Larry decides to attend without their approval and he and Jackie get carried away when trying to come up with a wedding gift. After Larry does research on Indian weddings, he concludes all weddings take place in “Bollywood” and decides to give his friend a full scale Bollywood number.
Enlisted - "Parade Duty" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
After Cody assigns the platoon "Parade Duty" Pete tries to inspire his team, but finds he is being sabotaged by his own brother. After things go terribly wrong, all three brothers learn a bit more about what it means to be a soldier in Rear D.
Raising Hope - "Baby Phat" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Burt and Virginia are in desperate need of a vacation and, at Barney's suggestion, head to a resort for a little R&R. But the "resort" turns out to be a different kind of place than they were hoping for. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Sabrina decide they want to have a baby.
Jessie - "Snack Attack" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jessie notices a famous casting director in the park and tries to impress him by volunteering to help his daughter befriend the Ross kids.
Dog with a Blog - "I Want My Nikki Back, Nikki Back, Nikki Back" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Tyler decides to try and get Nikki back as his girlfriend but Avery is hesitant to help him for fear of being caught between her friend and brother.
Love That Girl - "Assets and Liabilities" (TV One, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Delroy finds a way out of paying his taxes; Imunique and Jasmine are both into the same guy.
Friday, March 7
- Ellen DeGeneres (Ellen) - Watch Ellen on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Kenan Thompson (Kenan & Kel) - Kenan appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Patrick Duffy (Step by Step) - Patrick discusses the new season of Dallas on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason is a guest on Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A.) - Scott joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judy Gold (All-American Girl) - Judy weighs in on hot topics on The Couch on WLNY 10/55 in New York between 7-9am.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea answers calls from the Foodie Phone Booth on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Stephanie Beatriz (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Stephanie discusses Brooklyn Nine-Nine on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena will be on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Patrick Warburton (Rules of Engagement/Seinfeld) - Patrick appears on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Christine Lakin (Step by Step) - Christine is a guest on Big Morning Buzz Live with Nick Lachey on VH1 at 10am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice) - Henry visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.