Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Cougar Town Returns On Valentine's Day On ABC; Sheen's New Sitcom Anger Management Premieres In June On FX
Yesterday we hinted that the Cougar Town season premiere date would be revealed and it was. We broke the news on Twitter that the series will return for its third season on Tuesday, Feb. 14 - Valentine's Day - at 8:30pm. The comedy will air Tuesdays at 8:30pm. It has a 15 episode order (down from the original 22 it was given last May) since it is launching in mid-season. The series will air repeat free from Feb. 14 to May 15. On the third season premiere episode "Ain't Love Strange," Jules (Courteney Cox) is miffed when Grayson (Josh Hopkins), who has an ulterior motive, calls her "predictable," while Ellie (Christa Miller) frets that little Stan is turning into a "devil child," or even worse, could grow up to be like Laurie (Busy Phillips) and Travis (Dan Byrd) likes his new off campus housing, until Bobby (Brian Van Holt) tries to convince him to take dog Travis in.
Cougar Town is essentially replacing Work It, which was pulled after just two episodes. Repeats of Last Man Standing are airing for the rest of January in this timeslot. It is unclear right now what is airing at 8:30pm on Feb. 7, but Cougar Town will launch the week after on Feb. 14. Show some love and watch Cougar Town on Valentine's Day! Penny can!
FX announced Sunday at the TCA Winter 2012 Press Tour that Charlie Sheen's sitcom adaptation of the Adam Sandler-Jack Nicholson big screen comedy Anger Management will premiere in June 2012. Previously it was announced just as "Summer 2012." He'll fill the Nicholson role of an anger management counselor. The series of course will mark Sheen's return to television following his firing from the CBS sitcom Two and a Half Men last year following his erratic behavior. Sheen was on hand at the TCA winter press tour on Sunday.
FX also airs reruns of Two and a Half Men, so the new sitcom is a perfect fit for them. Ten episodes will air for sure of this new comedy and if ti does well, it will get a bulk order of about 90 episodes. There is plenty still to come on Anger Management, such as an actual premiere date and timeslot. So you'll want to stay with us, but we just had to mention that it was being introduced at the TCA winter press tour.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, November 25
The Middle - "Thanksgiving VI" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The Hecks agree to forgo Thanksgiving after Frankie finds out that she’s out of a job until January and must pick up a holiday position, which requires her to work on Thanksgiving in order to make ends meet. Much to her dismay, she ends up once again having to portray an overworked 19th century woman back at Heritage Village during the Harvest Feast and finds herself going face-to-face with Sheila (Faith Ford), a woman who definitely takes her job too seriously. Meanwhile, Sue goes back to work at Spudsy’s over her holiday break in the hopes that she’ll once again run into Logan – the dreamy Abercrombie guy, Axl finds himself in foreign territory when he starts becoming emotional over how his life has turned out, and Mike and Brick find themselves needing to find a bonding experience when the electricity goes out at the house and they are forced to interact with each other.
The Goldbergs - "A Goldberg Thanksgiving" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
As a bet, Beverly challenges Erica to participate in Jazzercise after she thinks her mom’s obsession is lame. When she wins, Erica decides to opt out of celebrating Thanksgiving, so Beverly must find a way to win her daughter back to celebrate the holiday with the family. Meanwhile, uncle Marvin shows up for his annual visit to the Goldberg home and unexpectedly bonds with Adam, which annoys Murray.
Modern Family - "Three Turkeys" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Phil is cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year with Luke as his sous chef, and Claire has no confidence in them and prepares a secret turkey of her own as backup. Meanwhile, Jay and Gloria had plans to spend the holiday away, but when the trip gets canceled last minute, they decide not to tell anyone, which quickly becomes the worst idea ever since the family dinner gets suddenly moved to their house, and it turns into a mad scramble to cover their tracks. And Mitch is tired of always being the bad cop, so when Lily refuses to wear a nice dress to dinner, he forces Cameron to deal with it, and he comes up with a very unconventional approach.
black-ish - "30 Something" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Things begin to fall apart, in more ways than one, when Dre hurts himself playing basketball right before his 40th birthday. He hands the planning of his big party over to his much younger, hipper assistant, fearing he really is getting too old to be cool. Bow and Ruby face off over who can get Dre the best gift, and the kids try to figure out what to give their dad for his special day.
Talia in the Kitchen - "After the Storm" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Will steals Talia's spices, she hides from the hurricane.until a mysterious boy discovers her.
Wednesday, November 25
- Nathan Lane (Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Watch Nathan on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jay Duplass (Togetherness/Transparent) - Jay appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Vanessa Lachey (Truth Be Told/Dads) - Vanessa and FABLife stylists put audience members to the test with a Thanksgiving preparation trivia challenge and turkey bowling competition for prizes on FABLife, so check your local listings.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo talks about the fight against cancer in children and her Thanksgiving tribute to her dear friend Robin Williams on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Greg Evigan (My Two Dads) - Greg and his daughter Briana talk about the new Hallmark Channel original movie Once Upon a Holiday on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John O'Hurley (Seinfeld/The Mullets) - John talks about The National Dog Show on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo appears on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly talk about starring in the upcoming holiday movie Angel of Christmas on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) - Candace is tentatively scheduled to appear on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Maura Tierney (NewsRadio) - Maura appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.