Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Cougar Town Returns On Valentine's Day On ABC; Sheen's New Sitcom Anger Management Premieres In June On FX
Yesterday we hinted that the Cougar Town season premiere date would be revealed and it was. We broke the news on Twitter that the series will return for its third season on Tuesday, Feb. 14 - Valentine's Day - at 8:30pm. The comedy will air Tuesdays at 8:30pm. It has a 15 episode order (down from the original 22 it was given last May) since it is launching in mid-season. The series will air repeat free from Feb. 14 to May 15. On the third season premiere episode "Ain't Love Strange," Jules (Courteney Cox) is miffed when Grayson (Josh Hopkins), who has an ulterior motive, calls her "predictable," while Ellie (Christa Miller) frets that little Stan is turning into a "devil child," or even worse, could grow up to be like Laurie (Busy Phillips) and Travis (Dan Byrd) likes his new off campus housing, until Bobby (Brian Van Holt) tries to convince him to take dog Travis in.
Cougar Town is essentially replacing Work It, which was pulled after just two episodes. Repeats of Last Man Standing are airing for the rest of January in this timeslot. It is unclear right now what is airing at 8:30pm on Feb. 7, but Cougar Town will launch the week after on Feb. 14. Show some love and watch Cougar Town on Valentine's Day! Penny can!
FX announced Sunday at the TCA Winter 2012 Press Tour that Charlie Sheen's sitcom adaptation of the Adam Sandler-Jack Nicholson big screen comedy Anger Management will premiere in June 2012. Previously it was announced just as "Summer 2012." He'll fill the Nicholson role of an anger management counselor. The series of course will mark Sheen's return to television following his firing from the CBS sitcom Two and a Half Men last year following his erratic behavior. Sheen was on hand at the TCA winter press tour on Sunday.
FX also airs reruns of Two and a Half Men, so the new sitcom is a perfect fit for them. Ten episodes will air for sure of this new comedy and if ti does well, it will get a bulk order of about 90 episodes. There is plenty still to come on Anger Management, such as an actual premiere date and timeslot. So you'll want to stay with us, but we just had to mention that it was being introduced at the TCA winter press tour.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, May 4
The Middle - "Not Mother's Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After enduring year after year of botched Mother’s Days, Frankie declares that the family gets to take a pass on doing anything at all for her this year. But after a man offers to buy Frankie’s groceries at the market when she discovers that she forgot her wallet – and tells her to pay the kindly gesture forward – she decides to have the family pull each other’s names out of a hat and do something nice for that person, which doesn’t go as smoothly as planned.
The Goldbergs - "Smother's Day" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Barry and Erica forget to get Beverly a Mother’s Day gift and make last minute “Mom Coupons” instead. Beverly is understandably hurt, and decides to get revenge by cashing in every coupon they have made. Meanwhile, Adam tries to get Murray to let him go to space camp and accuses him of being as dream crushing as Pop-Pop.
Modern Family - "Promposal" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
With Closet-Con right around the corner, Claire is on high alert and convinced there is a mole in the company. Meanwhile, Phil goes vigilante when he and Gloria confront Auntie Alice for stealing her hot sauce recipe. Jay tries to teach Joe how to do some manly handy work, and with prom coming up, Mitch helps Luke with his “promposal” while Cam helps with Manny’s, but Cam goes a little overboard, revealing that there maybe something deeper going on.
black-ish - "Super Rich Kids" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dre has always felt his older son was never like him, but when he finally meets Junior’s cool friends, Dre is all in and happy that his son may have the opportunity for an actual social life. Meanwhile, Bow is dealing with Ruby, Zoey, Jack and Diane not confessing to things breaking around the house and decides to handle it her own way after some judgment from Vivian.
Lopez - "George Hosts a Golf Tournament" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
George hosts a celebrity golf tournament to bolster his Vegas residency credentials in the midst of personal chaos with his AWOL daughter.
The Soul Man - "Soul Train" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When Lolli gets kicked off a wine train, she forces Boyce to have her back, even though he knows she’s in the wrong. Stamps helps Alicia relieve her campaign stress.
Schitt's Creek - "Moira's Nudes" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Moira is worried that racy photos from her past will jeopardize the campaign; Johnny asks for financial help; Alexis gets a job.
Wednesday, May 4
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Watch Julie on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Rob is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Being Charlie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour, on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT and on the AOL Build Show at 2pm.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tom Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Tom is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jussie Smollett (On Our Own) - Jussie sings for his supper and helps Rachael cook up Chicken Milanese on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- CCH Pounder (Brothers/Women in Prison) - CCH is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse talks about his Broadway show Fully Committed on People Now.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Garry Marshall (Creator of Happy Days/Laverne & Shirley/Mork & Mindy) - Garry is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.