Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Cougar Town Returns On Valentine's Day On ABC; Sheen's New Sitcom Anger Management Premieres In June On FX
Yesterday we hinted that the Cougar Town season premiere date would be revealed and it was. We broke the news on Twitter that the series will return for its third season on Tuesday, Feb. 14 - Valentine's Day - at 8:30pm. The comedy will air Tuesdays at 8:30pm. It has a 15 episode order (down from the original 22 it was given last May) since it is launching in mid-season. The series will air repeat free from Feb. 14 to May 15. On the third season premiere episode "Ain't Love Strange," Jules (Courteney Cox) is miffed when Grayson (Josh Hopkins), who has an ulterior motive, calls her "predictable," while Ellie (Christa Miller) frets that little Stan is turning into a "devil child," or even worse, could grow up to be like Laurie (Busy Phillips) and Travis (Dan Byrd) likes his new off campus housing, until Bobby (Brian Van Holt) tries to convince him to take dog Travis in.
Cougar Town is essentially replacing Work It, which was pulled after just two episodes. Repeats of Last Man Standing are airing for the rest of January in this timeslot. It is unclear right now what is airing at 8:30pm on Feb. 7, but Cougar Town will launch the week after on Feb. 14. Show some love and watch Cougar Town on Valentine's Day! Penny can!
FX announced Sunday at the TCA Winter 2012 Press Tour that Charlie Sheen's sitcom adaptation of the Adam Sandler-Jack Nicholson big screen comedy Anger Management will premiere in June 2012. Previously it was announced just as "Summer 2012." He'll fill the Nicholson role of an anger management counselor. The series of course will mark Sheen's return to television following his firing from the CBS sitcom Two and a Half Men last year following his erratic behavior. Sheen was on hand at the TCA winter press tour on Sunday.
FX also airs reruns of Two and a Half Men, so the new sitcom is a perfect fit for them. Ten episodes will air for sure of this new comedy and if ti does well, it will get a bulk order of about 90 episodes. There is plenty still to come on Anger Management, such as an actual premiere date and timeslot. So you'll want to stay with us, but we just had to mention that it was being introduced at the TCA winter press tour.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)
10/06 - Bewitched - The Complete Collection
10/06 - Grace Under Fire - The Complete Collection
10/06 - Happyish - Season One
10/06 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/06 - Party Down - The Complete Series
10/06 - South Park - The Complete Eighteenth Season (Blu-ray)
10/20 - C.P.O. Sharkey - Mr. Warmth: The Ultimate Don Rickles TV Collection
10/20 - The Facts of Life - Season Seven
10/20- King of the Hill - The Complete 13th Season (Blu-ray)
10/20 - My Favorite Martian - The Complete Series
10/20 - Nurse Jackie - Season Seven ((Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 13
The Muppets - "Pig Out" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The gang has an epic night out when they run into Ed Helms at Rowlf’s Tavern and they all perform their favorite karaoke jams, but Kermit is not pleased when no one shows up to work the next day. Meanwhile, Fozzie has an unfortunate accident during the show.
Fresh Off the Boat - "The Fall Ball" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
As Eddie’s first school dance approaches, Louis is determined to make the night as perfect as a John Hughes film. Meanwhile, Jessica spends the day with Grandma Huang in hopes of getting on her good side so she will invest in her new business venture.
Grandfathered - "Guys' Night" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Jimmy realizes that he doesn’t know much about Gerald, he decides to take him out for a night on the town. Meanwhile Annelise hires a new mixologist to spice things up at the restaurant.
The Grinder - "The Curious Disappearance of Mr. Donovan" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Convinced that the only explanation for Claire’s non-interest in him is that she’s a mole, Dean tells Stewart that Claire is sharing secrets with a rival firm. Although Stewart dismisses the accusation, Dean is set on proving his brother wrong. Meanwhile, Deb and Claire strike up a friendship, the gossipy nature of which propels Stewart to question whether Claire can be trusted after all.
Family Time - "Forbidden Fruits" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tony gets a new client, who happens to be a very attractive woman; Lisa and Tony are struggling to complete a ten-day all juice diet.
Tuesday, October 13
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Catch Michael on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also talks about his new book on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Sarah Silverman (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Sarah visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sophia Bush (Partners) - Sophia appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Josh Meyers (That '70s Show) - Josh stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Scott Weinger (Fuller House/Full House) - Scott and the cast of Aladdin reunite on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. They will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1pm and HuffPost Live at 2pm..
- Miles Brown (black-ish) - Miles appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Keshia Knight Pulliam (The Cosby Show/Tyler Perry's House of Payne) - Keshia talks about Will to Love on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will also be on HuffPost Live at 1pm.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe and Charlie Puth announce nominees in six categories for the 2015 American Music Awards on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Nick will be on FABLife, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Steve visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.