Tuesday, December 27, 2011
So Wings has just left USA Network as we mentioned, but it has quickly found another cable home. ReelzChannel TV has picked-up the rights to air the '90 sitcom and will begin airing it on Tuesday, Jan. 3. The sitcom will air in better time periods than the filler style airings it was getting on USA Network. ReelzChannel TV will air it weekdays at 2:00pm & 2:30pm ET and it will encore in the late night at 1:00am & 1:30am ET. The sitcom joins the ReelzChannel line-up filled with other '90s style comedies. To recap their schedule, they have Spin City in the 9am hour, followed by an hour of Becker, a half-hour of 3rd Rock from the Sun at 11am, then a break for an original series, an hour of Cheers at 12 noon, then another hour of Spin City at 1pm leading into Wings at 2pm. Then at 3pm we have another hour of Cheers, followed by a triple shot of Coach from 4-5:30pm. An original series follows, then the 6pm hour has more Becker and the 7pm hour has back-to-back 3rd Rock from the Sun. Movies air in primetime at 8pm and 10pm, then sitcoms return at 12 midnight with yet another hour of Cheers leading into Wings at 1am. More originals air after that from 2-4am, then paid programming rounds out the night until 7am.
On weekends, for sitcoms we have Spin City at 10:30am, followed by an hour of Wings at 11am. Then sitcoms return in early evening with Becker at 6pm and Cheers at 7pm. Cheers also airs in late night if a movie doesn't go over, anytime after 10pm. With the addition of Wings, ReelzChannel has a nice group of similar style sitcoms that ran in the 90s. Perhaps for the future they could add more sitcoms like Night Court, Mad About You, Suddenly Susan and Caroline in the City? They would certainly fit. Anyway, for now it is just the addition of Wings to a nice sitcom line-up. Get on board for Tim Daly, Steven Weber, Crystal Bernard, David Schramm, Rebecca Schull, Thomas Haden Church, Amy Yasbeck, Farrah Forke, and Tony Shalhoub. Stay with us for any further updates.
We told you ION Television has acquired the drama Cold Case, but now we have a start date and timeslots! The crime drama will launch on the network on Monday, Jan. 9, 2012 and air at 7pm, 8pm and 9pm. The drama will air in these time periods on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. On Fridays it will air in a four episode block from 5pm-9pm and then back-to-back at 11pm & 12am. ION will be airing 15 episodes per week (with six of those on Fridays).
The drama joins a line-up of other dramas like Criminal Minds, Ghost Whisperer, Monk, Without a Trace, Flashpoint and Psych. ION also airs sitcom George Lopez and theatrical movies. There are no other real schedule changes besides the addition of Cold Case.
Cold Case is a procedural drama about Lilly Rush (Kathryn Morris), a dedicated female detective in the Philadelphia homicide squad, who finds her niche when she's assigned to "cold cases" -- crimes that have never been solved. Previously, she used her instinctive understanding of the criminal mind on current murders. Now, she's interrogating witnesses whose lives and circumstances have since changed, making use of today's new science and finding fresh clues to solve cases that were previously unsolvable -- all of which appeals to this smart, driven detective.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.