Tuesday, December 27, 2011
So Wings has just left USA Network as we mentioned, but it has quickly found another cable home. ReelzChannel TV has picked-up the rights to air the '90 sitcom and will begin airing it on Tuesday, Jan. 3. The sitcom will air in better time periods than the filler style airings it was getting on USA Network. ReelzChannel TV will air it weekdays at 2:00pm & 2:30pm ET and it will encore in the late night at 1:00am & 1:30am ET. The sitcom joins the ReelzChannel line-up filled with other '90s style comedies. To recap their schedule, they have Spin City in the 9am hour, followed by an hour of Becker, a half-hour of 3rd Rock from the Sun at 11am, then a break for an original series, an hour of Cheers at 12 noon, then another hour of Spin City at 1pm leading into Wings at 2pm. Then at 3pm we have another hour of Cheers, followed by a triple shot of Coach from 4-5:30pm. An original series follows, then the 6pm hour has more Becker and the 7pm hour has back-to-back 3rd Rock from the Sun. Movies air in primetime at 8pm and 10pm, then sitcoms return at 12 midnight with yet another hour of Cheers leading into Wings at 1am. More originals air after that from 2-4am, then paid programming rounds out the night until 7am.
On weekends, for sitcoms we have Spin City at 10:30am, followed by an hour of Wings at 11am. Then sitcoms return in early evening with Becker at 6pm and Cheers at 7pm. Cheers also airs in late night if a movie doesn't go over, anytime after 10pm. With the addition of Wings, ReelzChannel has a nice group of similar style sitcoms that ran in the 90s. Perhaps for the future they could add more sitcoms like Night Court, Mad About You, Suddenly Susan and Caroline in the City? They would certainly fit. Anyway, for now it is just the addition of Wings to a nice sitcom line-up. Get on board for Tim Daly, Steven Weber, Crystal Bernard, David Schramm, Rebecca Schull, Thomas Haden Church, Amy Yasbeck, Farrah Forke, and Tony Shalhoub. Stay with us for any further updates.
We told you ION Television has acquired the drama Cold Case, but now we have a start date and timeslots! The crime drama will launch on the network on Monday, Jan. 9, 2012 and air at 7pm, 8pm and 9pm. The drama will air in these time periods on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. On Fridays it will air in a four episode block from 5pm-9pm and then back-to-back at 11pm & 12am. ION will be airing 15 episodes per week (with six of those on Fridays).
The drama joins a line-up of other dramas like Criminal Minds, Ghost Whisperer, Monk, Without a Trace, Flashpoint and Psych. ION also airs sitcom George Lopez and theatrical movies. There are no other real schedule changes besides the addition of Cold Case.
Cold Case is a procedural drama about Lilly Rush (Kathryn Morris), a dedicated female detective in the Philadelphia homicide squad, who finds her niche when she's assigned to "cold cases" -- crimes that have never been solved. Previously, she used her instinctive understanding of the criminal mind on current murders. Now, she's interrogating witnesses whose lives and circumstances have since changed, making use of today's new science and finding fresh clues to solve cases that were previously unsolvable -- all of which appeals to this smart, driven detective.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Dependence Transcedence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Tensions rise when the boys struggle to complete their government project on time and Sheldon tries an energy drink to stay awake. Also, Penny and Amy go to a “party” at Bert (Brian Posehn) the geologist’s house, and Kooothrappali learns Bernadette’s true feelings about her pregnancy when they clean out the future baby room. Dean Norris returns as Air Force Representative Colonel Williams.
Man with a Plan - "Assisted Living" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam's parents visit unannounced, they reveal surprising plans for their future living arrangements. Emmy Award winner Swoosie Kurtz and Stacy Keach guest star as Bev and Joe, Adam and Don’s parents.
Superior Donuts - "Takin' It to the Streets" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Franco and Sweatpants discover their new landlord, Fawz, wants to convert their apartment building into luxury condos, they decide to organize a protest. Also, Randy realizes she needs to be nicer to James in order to get a good recommendation for her sergeant’s exam.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Dad Day Afternoon" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Han’s new therapist suggests that Max needs to confront her “daddy issues” and fear of intimacy, she reluctantly heads to Rhode Island to track down her birth father with the diner gang in tow. Also, Oleg is up in arms when Sophie wants him to help out around the house.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.