Tuesday, December 13, 2011
ION Television 2011 Holiday Marathons Has Sitcoms, Acquires Cold Case For 2012; AMC Acquires CSI Miami
ION Television will air sitcoms in some of their holiday stunts this holiday season! ION has been airing Christmas movies since Thanksgiving weekend, but there will be some non-movie stunts. On Christmas Eve (Saturday, Dec. 24), ION will air a holiday episode marathon of their series starting at 7pm through 3am. Starting it off will be the comedic drama Monk with three holiday episodes from 7pm-10pm. Then at 10pm & 11pm, ION will air two holiday episodes of Psych. At midnight, sitcoms take over with every Christmas episode of George Lopez from 12-2am. And closing the stunt off will be two Christmas episodes of comedy My Name Is Earl from 2-3am, its only sighting on the schedule for the near future.
Then to ring in the new year, what better way to do that then by airing a marathon of sitcom George Lopez all day and night on Sunday, Jan. 1 from 1pm-3am! That's 14 hours of non-stop George Lopez. Shewowwwww! And speaking of George, when the holiday movies are finally over, it will return to a normal schedule and air everyday at 1pm and sometimes at 1:30pm, too. It's the only sitcom on the schedule, so make the most of it, as My Name is Earl is no where to be found regularly. We hope to have the January schedule soon, if anything has even changed.
ION Television has acquired all seven seasons (156 episodes) of the hit crime drama Cold Case, in a deal with Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution. The series will join the ION Television lineup in Q1 2012, adding to the network's continued focus on building a strong foundation of high-quality syndicated series. As part of the deal, ION is also extending and expanding its rights to the drama Without a Trace, which has performed well for the network over the past season.
Cold Case is a procedural drama about Lilly Rush (Kathryn Morris), a dedicated female detective in the Philadelphia homicide squad, who finds her niche when she's assigned to "cold cases" -- crimes that have never been solved. Previously, she used her instinctive understanding of the criminal mind on current murders. Now, she's interrogating witnesses whose lives and circumstances have since changed, making use of today's new science and finding fresh clues to solve cases that were previously unsolvable -- all of which appeals to this smart, driven detective.
Rush's team includes her respected mentor, Lt. John Stillman (John Finn); Det. Scotty Valens (Danny Pino), Rush's confident and strong-willed partner; Det. Will Jeffries (Thom Barry), who's been around long enough to serve as Rush's link to the past; Det. Nick Vera (Jeremy Ratchford), a tough cop who's considered the go-to guy for getting a confession; and, later, Kat Miller (Tracie Thoms), a new member of the team who is eager to prove her worthiness. Rush sees her new assignment as a turning point in her career, when she decides to make it her business to make sure that no victim is ever forgotten. Cold Case aired for seven seasons on the CBS Television Network, concluding in 2010.
Stay with us for exact airtimes and start date for Cold Case on ION Television, as we await the January schedule still (it is not necessarily starting in January, though).
AMC announced that it has entered into a program license agreement for CSI: Miami with CBS Television Distribution. The deal includes the first ten seasons of the franchise, which premiered on CBS beginning in 2002, as well as the next two seasons if produced. CSI: Miami is a spin-off of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and stars David Caruso. The series is a fast-paced drama that follows a South Florida team of forensic investigators who use both cutting-edge scientific methods and old-fashioned police work to solve crimes. CSI: Miami premieres on AMC on Monday, January 2, 2012 at 5pm ET and airs regularly at 5pm, 6pm & 7pm Monday through Friday (with a late night encore from 1am-4am). CSI: Miami will launch on AMC with a marathon on Jan. 2 from 5pm-4am ET.
CSI: Miami has been airing on cable network A&E for a while and the network will continue to air the series in the mornings (usually 7am and 10am). A&E also airs dramas Criminal Minds and The Sopranos. As for AMC, besides their original series, they air Three Stooges and The Rifleman.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - Season Seven - The Farewell Season
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series
06/02 - Soap - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
06/02 - The Abbott and Costello Show - The Ultimate Collection
06/09 - The Facts of Life - Season Six
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 7 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 7 & 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series
06/16 - The Odd Couple - The Complete Series
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Twelfth and Final Season
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Series
06/23 - George Lopez - The Complete Fourth Season
06/23 - Workaholics - Season Five (Blu-ray)
06/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 3 (MPI Home Video)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, July 6
2 Broke Girls - "And a Loan for Christmas" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Max and Caroline get a bank loan so they can mass produce their cupcake t-shirts to sell at high-end boutiques.
Mike & Molly - "Buy the Book" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Molly’s excited her book is finally out and available for purchase, but worries obsessively that no one will buy it.
Odd Mom Out - "Midwife Crisis" (Bravo, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Jill gets a frantic call from Brooke who is going into labor a day before her scheduled cesarean section; when the ambulance refuses to take Brooke to the upscale hospital of her choice, Jill must rely on her wits to deliver the baby.
Monday, July 6
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Watch Melissa on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Hannah Simone (New Girl) - Hannah appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Tune in to see Cristela on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry Ferrara (Entourage) - Jerry is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Damon Wayans Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) - Damon appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Nick drops by The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- John O'Hurley (Seinfeld) - John appears on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Lea Thompson (Caroline in the City) - Lea is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Raven-Symone (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven-Symone chats on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Zachary Levi (Less Than Perfect) - Zachary talks about Geeks Who Drink on NBC's Today in the 10am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He will also be on People Now and the AOL Build Show.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Malibu Country/Less Than Perfect) - Sara discusses her new TV Land comedy Impastor on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Ashley Tisdale (Clipped/The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) - Ashley is tentatively scheduled to appear on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Sheryl Lee Ralph (Instant Mom/Moesha/It's a Living) - Sheryl is tentatively scheduled to be part of the Plugged-In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso appears on The Boris and Nicole Show, which airs on select Fox-owned stations, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Ari Parker (Second Time Around) - Nicole and her husband Boris Kodjoe are guests on People Now.