Tuesday, December 13, 2011
ION Television 2011 Holiday Marathons Has Sitcoms, Acquires Cold Case For 2012; AMC Acquires CSI Miami
ION Television will air sitcoms in some of their holiday stunts this holiday season! ION has been airing Christmas movies since Thanksgiving weekend, but there will be some non-movie stunts. On Christmas Eve (Saturday, Dec. 24), ION will air a holiday episode marathon of their series starting at 7pm through 3am. Starting it off will be the comedic drama Monk with three holiday episodes from 7pm-10pm. Then at 10pm & 11pm, ION will air two holiday episodes of Psych. At midnight, sitcoms take over with every Christmas episode of George Lopez from 12-2am. And closing the stunt off will be two Christmas episodes of comedy My Name Is Earl from 2-3am, its only sighting on the schedule for the near future.
Then to ring in the new year, what better way to do that then by airing a marathon of sitcom George Lopez all day and night on Sunday, Jan. 1 from 1pm-3am! That's 14 hours of non-stop George Lopez. Shewowwwww! And speaking of George, when the holiday movies are finally over, it will return to a normal schedule and air everyday at 1pm and sometimes at 1:30pm, too. It's the only sitcom on the schedule, so make the most of it, as My Name is Earl is no where to be found regularly. We hope to have the January schedule soon, if anything has even changed.
ION Television has acquired all seven seasons (156 episodes) of the hit crime drama Cold Case, in a deal with Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution. The series will join the ION Television lineup in Q1 2012, adding to the network's continued focus on building a strong foundation of high-quality syndicated series. As part of the deal, ION is also extending and expanding its rights to the drama Without a Trace, which has performed well for the network over the past season.
Cold Case is a procedural drama about Lilly Rush (Kathryn Morris), a dedicated female detective in the Philadelphia homicide squad, who finds her niche when she's assigned to "cold cases" -- crimes that have never been solved. Previously, she used her instinctive understanding of the criminal mind on current murders. Now, she's interrogating witnesses whose lives and circumstances have since changed, making use of today's new science and finding fresh clues to solve cases that were previously unsolvable -- all of which appeals to this smart, driven detective.
Rush's team includes her respected mentor, Lt. John Stillman (John Finn); Det. Scotty Valens (Danny Pino), Rush's confident and strong-willed partner; Det. Will Jeffries (Thom Barry), who's been around long enough to serve as Rush's link to the past; Det. Nick Vera (Jeremy Ratchford), a tough cop who's considered the go-to guy for getting a confession; and, later, Kat Miller (Tracie Thoms), a new member of the team who is eager to prove her worthiness. Rush sees her new assignment as a turning point in her career, when she decides to make it her business to make sure that no victim is ever forgotten. Cold Case aired for seven seasons on the CBS Television Network, concluding in 2010.
Stay with us for exact airtimes and start date for Cold Case on ION Television, as we await the January schedule still (it is not necessarily starting in January, though).
AMC announced that it has entered into a program license agreement for CSI: Miami with CBS Television Distribution. The deal includes the first ten seasons of the franchise, which premiered on CBS beginning in 2002, as well as the next two seasons if produced. CSI: Miami is a spin-off of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and stars David Caruso. The series is a fast-paced drama that follows a South Florida team of forensic investigators who use both cutting-edge scientific methods and old-fashioned police work to solve crimes. CSI: Miami premieres on AMC on Monday, January 2, 2012 at 5pm ET and airs regularly at 5pm, 6pm & 7pm Monday through Friday (with a late night encore from 1am-4am). CSI: Miami will launch on AMC with a marathon on Jan. 2 from 5pm-4am ET.
CSI: Miami has been airing on cable network A&E for a while and the network will continue to air the series in the mornings (usually 7am and 10am). A&E also airs dramas Criminal Minds and The Sopranos. As for AMC, besides their original series, they air Three Stooges and The Rifleman.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March)
03/03 - CHiPs - The Complete Third Season
03/10 - Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - The Complete Series
03/10 - Hey Dude - The Complete Series (Walmart Exclusive)
03/10 - Petticoat Junction - Family Favorite Episodes
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Maude - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete First Season (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory)
03/24 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 2 (MPI Home Video)
03/31 - Silicon Valley - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
03/31 - Veep - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 6
Dog with a Blog - "Stan's New BFF" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Stan spends the night at Karl's house and Avery is jealous; Chloe's hooked on wrestling thanks to Bennett.
Friday, March 6
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Lennon Parham (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/Accidentally on Purpose) - Lennon appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- The Cast of Parks and Recreation) - The cast of Parks and Recreation are guests on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Jada Pinkett Smith (A Different World) - Jada talks about Gotham on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Ellie talks about Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Laura Marano (Austin & Ally/Back to You) - Laura talks about her show and new movie on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Anne Heche (SAve Me/The Michael J. Fox Show) - Anne is a guest on People Now.
- Juliette Lewis (I Married Dora) - Juliette appears on People Now.