Tuesday, December 13, 2011
ION Television 2011 Holiday Marathons Has Sitcoms, Acquires Cold Case For 2012; AMC Acquires CSI Miami
ION Television will air sitcoms in some of their holiday stunts this holiday season! ION has been airing Christmas movies since Thanksgiving weekend, but there will be some non-movie stunts. On Christmas Eve (Saturday, Dec. 24), ION will air a holiday episode marathon of their series starting at 7pm through 3am. Starting it off will be the comedic drama Monk with three holiday episodes from 7pm-10pm. Then at 10pm & 11pm, ION will air two holiday episodes of Psych. At midnight, sitcoms take over with every Christmas episode of George Lopez from 12-2am. And closing the stunt off will be two Christmas episodes of comedy My Name Is Earl from 2-3am, its only sighting on the schedule for the near future.
Then to ring in the new year, what better way to do that then by airing a marathon of sitcom George Lopez all day and night on Sunday, Jan. 1 from 1pm-3am! That's 14 hours of non-stop George Lopez. Shewowwwww! And speaking of George, when the holiday movies are finally over, it will return to a normal schedule and air everyday at 1pm and sometimes at 1:30pm, too. It's the only sitcom on the schedule, so make the most of it, as My Name is Earl is no where to be found regularly. We hope to have the January schedule soon, if anything has even changed.
ION Television has acquired all seven seasons (156 episodes) of the hit crime drama Cold Case, in a deal with Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution. The series will join the ION Television lineup in Q1 2012, adding to the network's continued focus on building a strong foundation of high-quality syndicated series. As part of the deal, ION is also extending and expanding its rights to the drama Without a Trace, which has performed well for the network over the past season.
Cold Case is a procedural drama about Lilly Rush (Kathryn Morris), a dedicated female detective in the Philadelphia homicide squad, who finds her niche when she's assigned to "cold cases" -- crimes that have never been solved. Previously, she used her instinctive understanding of the criminal mind on current murders. Now, she's interrogating witnesses whose lives and circumstances have since changed, making use of today's new science and finding fresh clues to solve cases that were previously unsolvable -- all of which appeals to this smart, driven detective.
Rush's team includes her respected mentor, Lt. John Stillman (John Finn); Det. Scotty Valens (Danny Pino), Rush's confident and strong-willed partner; Det. Will Jeffries (Thom Barry), who's been around long enough to serve as Rush's link to the past; Det. Nick Vera (Jeremy Ratchford), a tough cop who's considered the go-to guy for getting a confession; and, later, Kat Miller (Tracie Thoms), a new member of the team who is eager to prove her worthiness. Rush sees her new assignment as a turning point in her career, when she decides to make it her business to make sure that no victim is ever forgotten. Cold Case aired for seven seasons on the CBS Television Network, concluding in 2010.
Stay with us for exact airtimes and start date for Cold Case on ION Television, as we await the January schedule still (it is not necessarily starting in January, though).
AMC announced that it has entered into a program license agreement for CSI: Miami with CBS Television Distribution. The deal includes the first ten seasons of the franchise, which premiered on CBS beginning in 2002, as well as the next two seasons if produced. CSI: Miami is a spin-off of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and stars David Caruso. The series is a fast-paced drama that follows a South Florida team of forensic investigators who use both cutting-edge scientific methods and old-fashioned police work to solve crimes. CSI: Miami premieres on AMC on Monday, January 2, 2012 at 5pm ET and airs regularly at 5pm, 6pm & 7pm Monday through Friday (with a late night encore from 1am-4am). CSI: Miami will launch on AMC with a marathon on Jan. 2 from 5pm-4am ET.
CSI: Miami has been airing on cable network A&E for a while and the network will continue to air the series in the mornings (usually 7am and 10am). A&E also airs dramas Criminal Minds and The Sopranos. As for AMC, besides their original series, they air Three Stooges and The Rifleman.
Bob's Burgers - "The Frond Files" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT)
Bob and Linda visit school and learn that their kids' essays about their fantasy version of Wagstaff are "too creative" and "offensive." Eugene transforms the school into a "Fart School for the Gifted" (watch out for Keyboard Jail); Tina, to her delight, depicts a world where she is romanced by countless zombie teenage boys; and Louise creates a school where she takes down a robotic Mr. Frond from the future ("We need more creamed corn!").
The Simpsons - "Diggs" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
Bart is rescued from a confrontation with Springfield Elementary's bullies by Diggs (guest voice Daniel Radcliffe), a recent transfer student and aspiring champion in the niche sport of falconry. But, Bart soon discovers that Diggs wants to do more than just wrangle falcons: he wants to take to the sky himself.
The Simpsons - "The Man Who Grew Too Much" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
On a research trip, Lisa is shocked to discover that Sideshow Bob is now the chief scientist at a massive chemical engineering company, but her fears are allayed as she becomes enamored with his likeminded appreciation of high-culture. Meanwhile, Marge's attempt to preach healthy sexual practices to a teen church group goes awry.
Family Guy - "Mom's the Word" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Peter's mother passes away, he forms a special friendship with her longtime pal, Evelyn (guest voice Lauren Bacall), who attempts to seduce Peter. Meanwhile, Stewie is distraught when he understands the reality of death for the first time.
Liv and Maddie - "Slump-A-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Maddie and Willow are excited to try out for the school's varsity softball team but Willow is in a slump and Maddie figures out why.
I Didn't Do It - "If It Takes Like a Brussels Sprout" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jasmine and Logan invent a spray that makes vegetables taste even more delicious.
Austin & Ally - "Cupids & Cuties" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Trish is nervous about an upcoming visit from a boy she has a crush on and acts strangely when he takes her on a date.
Monday, March 10
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Watch Steve on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Minnie Driver (About a Boy) - Minnie is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Weeds) - Kevin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nia Long (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air), Zulay Henao (Love Thy Neighbor), Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) and Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs) - The cast of The Single Moms Club are guests on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul appears on The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten talks about her new movie Veronica Mars on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - Jennie joins Clinton Kelly and prepares a savory layered dish with mushrooms and polenta and discusses her new book (Deep Thoughts from a Hollywood Blonde) on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey and Troy Gentile (The Goldbergs) - Wendi and Troy will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings. Wendi will also be on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Chris Lowell (Enlisted) - Chris talks about the new Veronica Mars movie on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jenna Elfman (Growing Up Fisher/1600 Penn/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- The Cast of Mixology - The cast of Mixology will be guests on Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.