Tuesday, December 13, 2011
ION Television 2011 Holiday Marathons Has Sitcoms, Acquires Cold Case For 2012; AMC Acquires CSI Miami
ION Television will air sitcoms in some of their holiday stunts this holiday season! ION has been airing Christmas movies since Thanksgiving weekend, but there will be some non-movie stunts. On Christmas Eve (Saturday, Dec. 24), ION will air a holiday episode marathon of their series starting at 7pm through 3am. Starting it off will be the comedic drama Monk with three holiday episodes from 7pm-10pm. Then at 10pm & 11pm, ION will air two holiday episodes of Psych. At midnight, sitcoms take over with every Christmas episode of George Lopez from 12-2am. And closing the stunt off will be two Christmas episodes of comedy My Name Is Earl from 2-3am, its only sighting on the schedule for the near future.
Then to ring in the new year, what better way to do that then by airing a marathon of sitcom George Lopez all day and night on Sunday, Jan. 1 from 1pm-3am! That's 14 hours of non-stop George Lopez. Shewowwwww! And speaking of George, when the holiday movies are finally over, it will return to a normal schedule and air everyday at 1pm and sometimes at 1:30pm, too. It's the only sitcom on the schedule, so make the most of it, as My Name is Earl is no where to be found regularly. We hope to have the January schedule soon, if anything has even changed.
ION Television has acquired all seven seasons (156 episodes) of the hit crime drama Cold Case, in a deal with Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution. The series will join the ION Television lineup in Q1 2012, adding to the network's continued focus on building a strong foundation of high-quality syndicated series. As part of the deal, ION is also extending and expanding its rights to the drama Without a Trace, which has performed well for the network over the past season.
Cold Case is a procedural drama about Lilly Rush (Kathryn Morris), a dedicated female detective in the Philadelphia homicide squad, who finds her niche when she's assigned to "cold cases" -- crimes that have never been solved. Previously, she used her instinctive understanding of the criminal mind on current murders. Now, she's interrogating witnesses whose lives and circumstances have since changed, making use of today's new science and finding fresh clues to solve cases that were previously unsolvable -- all of which appeals to this smart, driven detective.
Rush's team includes her respected mentor, Lt. John Stillman (John Finn); Det. Scotty Valens (Danny Pino), Rush's confident and strong-willed partner; Det. Will Jeffries (Thom Barry), who's been around long enough to serve as Rush's link to the past; Det. Nick Vera (Jeremy Ratchford), a tough cop who's considered the go-to guy for getting a confession; and, later, Kat Miller (Tracie Thoms), a new member of the team who is eager to prove her worthiness. Rush sees her new assignment as a turning point in her career, when she decides to make it her business to make sure that no victim is ever forgotten. Cold Case aired for seven seasons on the CBS Television Network, concluding in 2010.
Stay with us for exact airtimes and start date for Cold Case on ION Television, as we await the January schedule still (it is not necessarily starting in January, though).
AMC announced that it has entered into a program license agreement for CSI: Miami with CBS Television Distribution. The deal includes the first ten seasons of the franchise, which premiered on CBS beginning in 2002, as well as the next two seasons if produced. CSI: Miami is a spin-off of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and stars David Caruso. The series is a fast-paced drama that follows a South Florida team of forensic investigators who use both cutting-edge scientific methods and old-fashioned police work to solve crimes. CSI: Miami premieres on AMC on Monday, January 2, 2012 at 5pm ET and airs regularly at 5pm, 6pm & 7pm Monday through Friday (with a late night encore from 1am-4am). CSI: Miami will launch on AMC with a marathon on Jan. 2 from 5pm-4am ET.
CSI: Miami has been airing on cable network A&E for a while and the network will continue to air the series in the mornings (usually 7am and 10am). A&E also airs dramas Criminal Minds and The Sopranos. As for AMC, besides their original series, they air Three Stooges and The Rifleman.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, May 29
The Carmichael Show - "President Trump" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Joe decides to vote for Trump after meeting him, much to the dismay of Maxine, as each family member takes up for their candidate. Meanwhile Jerrod attempts to hear all sides of the election debate and attends a Trump rally with Joe.
The Carmichael Show - "The Blues" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Maxine (Amber Stevens West) finds Cynthia (Loretta Devine) in the kitchen crying, she uncovers an uncomfortable possibility that is hard for the whole family to face: Cynthia may be suffering from depression and in need of therapy.
Monday, May 30
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Watch Anthony on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara (Schitt's Creek) - Eugene and Catherine are guests on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ariana Grande (Sam & Cat/Victorious) - Ariana is a musical guest on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Jason is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Riki Lindhome (Another Period/Super Fun Night) - Riki appears on a repeat of The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Tom Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jussie Smollett (On Our Own) - Jussie guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Zendaya (K.C. Undercover/Shake It Up) - Zendaya appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael races against the clock in a celebrity guessing game on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.