Tuesday, December 13, 2011
ION Television 2011 Holiday Marathons Has Sitcoms, Acquires Cold Case For 2012; AMC Acquires CSI Miami
ION Television will air sitcoms in some of their holiday stunts this holiday season! ION has been airing Christmas movies since Thanksgiving weekend, but there will be some non-movie stunts. On Christmas Eve (Saturday, Dec. 24), ION will air a holiday episode marathon of their series starting at 7pm through 3am. Starting it off will be the comedic drama Monk with three holiday episodes from 7pm-10pm. Then at 10pm & 11pm, ION will air two holiday episodes of Psych. At midnight, sitcoms take over with every Christmas episode of George Lopez from 12-2am. And closing the stunt off will be two Christmas episodes of comedy My Name Is Earl from 2-3am, its only sighting on the schedule for the near future.
Then to ring in the new year, what better way to do that then by airing a marathon of sitcom George Lopez all day and night on Sunday, Jan. 1 from 1pm-3am! That's 14 hours of non-stop George Lopez. Shewowwwww! And speaking of George, when the holiday movies are finally over, it will return to a normal schedule and air everyday at 1pm and sometimes at 1:30pm, too. It's the only sitcom on the schedule, so make the most of it, as My Name is Earl is no where to be found regularly. We hope to have the January schedule soon, if anything has even changed.
ION Television has acquired all seven seasons (156 episodes) of the hit crime drama Cold Case, in a deal with Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution. The series will join the ION Television lineup in Q1 2012, adding to the network's continued focus on building a strong foundation of high-quality syndicated series. As part of the deal, ION is also extending and expanding its rights to the drama Without a Trace, which has performed well for the network over the past season.
Cold Case is a procedural drama about Lilly Rush (Kathryn Morris), a dedicated female detective in the Philadelphia homicide squad, who finds her niche when she's assigned to "cold cases" -- crimes that have never been solved. Previously, she used her instinctive understanding of the criminal mind on current murders. Now, she's interrogating witnesses whose lives and circumstances have since changed, making use of today's new science and finding fresh clues to solve cases that were previously unsolvable -- all of which appeals to this smart, driven detective.
Rush's team includes her respected mentor, Lt. John Stillman (John Finn); Det. Scotty Valens (Danny Pino), Rush's confident and strong-willed partner; Det. Will Jeffries (Thom Barry), who's been around long enough to serve as Rush's link to the past; Det. Nick Vera (Jeremy Ratchford), a tough cop who's considered the go-to guy for getting a confession; and, later, Kat Miller (Tracie Thoms), a new member of the team who is eager to prove her worthiness. Rush sees her new assignment as a turning point in her career, when she decides to make it her business to make sure that no victim is ever forgotten. Cold Case aired for seven seasons on the CBS Television Network, concluding in 2010.
Stay with us for exact airtimes and start date for Cold Case on ION Television, as we await the January schedule still (it is not necessarily starting in January, though).
AMC announced that it has entered into a program license agreement for CSI: Miami with CBS Television Distribution. The deal includes the first ten seasons of the franchise, which premiered on CBS beginning in 2002, as well as the next two seasons if produced. CSI: Miami is a spin-off of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and stars David Caruso. The series is a fast-paced drama that follows a South Florida team of forensic investigators who use both cutting-edge scientific methods and old-fashioned police work to solve crimes. CSI: Miami premieres on AMC on Monday, January 2, 2012 at 5pm ET and airs regularly at 5pm, 6pm & 7pm Monday through Friday (with a late night encore from 1am-4am). CSI: Miami will launch on AMC with a marathon on Jan. 2 from 5pm-4am ET.
CSI: Miami has been airing on cable network A&E for a while and the network will continue to air the series in the mornings (usually 7am and 10am). A&E also airs dramas Criminal Minds and The Sopranos. As for AMC, besides their original series, they air Three Stooges and The Rifleman.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, June 29
The Middle - "Land of the Lost" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Frankie becomes worried about Mike, who is being more quiet and distant than usual, and calls on Reverend TimTom to come over and try to find out what’s troubling him. Meanwhile, Sue invites an excited Brick to spend a weekend with her at college, which includes a tour of the library. But when Sue bumps into Logan — the hunky Abercrombie guy who had asked her out to prom — and once again falls under his dreamy spell, she realizes that Brick is no longer with her and is now missing; and Axl and Hutch decide to take matters into their own hands by complaining to the city when their house is completely overrun with ants, and they discover that they may have even more problems than an insect infestation.
The Goldbergs - "Magic Is Real" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Inspired by David Copperfield’s walk through The Great Wall of China, Adam becomes a magician in order to impress a girl at school. Meanwhile, Barry has no interest in taking the PSAT, but when he discovers his friends and girlfriend plan to do so, he’s hit with a harsh reality.
Modern Family - "Spread Your Wings" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sick of having the ducklings around the house, Claire and the kids seize an opportunity to help expedite the ducks leaving the nest while Phil is off visiting Alex at college. Meanwhile, Jay helps Mitch with Lily’s sleepover with her friends from her Vietnamese dance troupe; and Gloria and Cam are off on a hot pepper heist carefully orchestrated by Manny in order to meet a big hot sauce delivery deadline.
black-ish - "The Leftovers" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Dre and Bow realize they don’t have a legal guardian for their kids, they make it their mission to find replacement parents should anything happen to them. Meanwhile, Zoey and Junior reveal the truth to Jack about their old dog’s death and other family secrets he naively accepted.
Fresh Off the Boat - "We Done Son" (ABC, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jessica and Honey’s friendship hits a rough patch after an argument about the investment property. Louis’s old friend Barry (J.B. Smoove) overstays his welcome. And Eddie starts a part-time job working for DMX.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Book Club" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eileen faces her book club for the first time after her family’s “outing,” but things take a surprising turn when instead of shunning her the ladies begin opening up – way too much – about their own problems. Kenny’s first trip to the “gayborhood” coffee shop is everything he’d hoped for, until Pat tags along with him to a gay dodge ball match.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Fostered" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Elliot and Alan's new foster daughter turns out to be a teenager with an attitude problem.
Baby Daddy - "Unholy Matrimony" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Ben pretends to be Bonnie's husband; Danny's fake relationship causes Riley to return to Ross.
Wednesday, June 29
- Adam Devine (Workaholics/Modern Family) - Watch Adam and Zac Efron on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Walton Goggins (Vice Principals) - Walton stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Jennifer appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- George Lopez (Lopez/Saint George/George Lopez) - George is a guest on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Dave Franco (Scrubs/Do Not Disturb) - Dave appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Julie Klausner (Difficult People) - Julie visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Ellie is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric Christian Olsen (The Loop) - Eric appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Jim is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Brett Gelman (Married/Go On) - Brett appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Shiri Appleby (Sunday Dinner) - Shiri stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Megan Fox (Hope & Faith) - Megan appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Candace Cameron Bure, Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Candace, Jodie and Andrea are guests on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Arrested Development/Miss Guided) - Judy discusses her roles in everything from The Wedding Planner to 13 Going on 30 and Jurassic World on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Adrian Grenier (Entourage) - Adrian talks about his new movie, Marauders, out Friday, July 1, on People Now at 8:30am.
- Jolene Purdy (Benched/10 Things I Hate About You) - Jolene drops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Craig Bierko (Unhitched/Madman of the People/Sydney) - Craig talks about the new season of UnREAL on People Now at 8:30am.
- Malin Akerman (Sin City Saints/Trophy Wife) - Malin is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Sarah and Erin Foster (Barely Famous) - Sarah and Erin talk about VH1's Barely Famous on NBC's Today in the 10am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) and Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Jason and Eric are guests on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Ricky Schroder (Silver Spoons) - Ricky talks about The Fighting Season on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Donald Faison (The Exes/Scrubs) - Donald guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Rannells (Girls/The New Normal) - Andrew joins Clinton Kelly to recreate one of his childhood favorites, a Cheeseburger “Funza” Sandwich, on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jaime King (Gary Unmarried/The Class/Kitchen Confidential) - Jaime guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.