Tuesday, December 13, 2011
ION Television 2011 Holiday Marathons Has Sitcoms, Acquires Cold Case For 2012; AMC Acquires CSI Miami
ION Television will air sitcoms in some of their holiday stunts this holiday season! ION has been airing Christmas movies since Thanksgiving weekend, but there will be some non-movie stunts. On Christmas Eve (Saturday, Dec. 24), ION will air a holiday episode marathon of their series starting at 7pm through 3am. Starting it off will be the comedic drama Monk with three holiday episodes from 7pm-10pm. Then at 10pm & 11pm, ION will air two holiday episodes of Psych. At midnight, sitcoms take over with every Christmas episode of George Lopez from 12-2am. And closing the stunt off will be two Christmas episodes of comedy My Name Is Earl from 2-3am, its only sighting on the schedule for the near future.
Then to ring in the new year, what better way to do that then by airing a marathon of sitcom George Lopez all day and night on Sunday, Jan. 1 from 1pm-3am! That's 14 hours of non-stop George Lopez. Shewowwwww! And speaking of George, when the holiday movies are finally over, it will return to a normal schedule and air everyday at 1pm and sometimes at 1:30pm, too. It's the only sitcom on the schedule, so make the most of it, as My Name is Earl is no where to be found regularly. We hope to have the January schedule soon, if anything has even changed.
ION Television has acquired all seven seasons (156 episodes) of the hit crime drama Cold Case, in a deal with Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution. The series will join the ION Television lineup in Q1 2012, adding to the network's continued focus on building a strong foundation of high-quality syndicated series. As part of the deal, ION is also extending and expanding its rights to the drama Without a Trace, which has performed well for the network over the past season.
Cold Case is a procedural drama about Lilly Rush (Kathryn Morris), a dedicated female detective in the Philadelphia homicide squad, who finds her niche when she's assigned to "cold cases" -- crimes that have never been solved. Previously, she used her instinctive understanding of the criminal mind on current murders. Now, she's interrogating witnesses whose lives and circumstances have since changed, making use of today's new science and finding fresh clues to solve cases that were previously unsolvable -- all of which appeals to this smart, driven detective.
Rush's team includes her respected mentor, Lt. John Stillman (John Finn); Det. Scotty Valens (Danny Pino), Rush's confident and strong-willed partner; Det. Will Jeffries (Thom Barry), who's been around long enough to serve as Rush's link to the past; Det. Nick Vera (Jeremy Ratchford), a tough cop who's considered the go-to guy for getting a confession; and, later, Kat Miller (Tracie Thoms), a new member of the team who is eager to prove her worthiness. Rush sees her new assignment as a turning point in her career, when she decides to make it her business to make sure that no victim is ever forgotten. Cold Case aired for seven seasons on the CBS Television Network, concluding in 2010.
Stay with us for exact airtimes and start date for Cold Case on ION Television, as we await the January schedule still (it is not necessarily starting in January, though).
AMC announced that it has entered into a program license agreement for CSI: Miami with CBS Television Distribution. The deal includes the first ten seasons of the franchise, which premiered on CBS beginning in 2002, as well as the next two seasons if produced. CSI: Miami is a spin-off of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and stars David Caruso. The series is a fast-paced drama that follows a South Florida team of forensic investigators who use both cutting-edge scientific methods and old-fashioned police work to solve crimes. CSI: Miami premieres on AMC on Monday, January 2, 2012 at 5pm ET and airs regularly at 5pm, 6pm & 7pm Monday through Friday (with a late night encore from 1am-4am). CSI: Miami will launch on AMC with a marathon on Jan. 2 from 5pm-4am ET.
CSI: Miami has been airing on cable network A&E for a while and the network will continue to air the series in the mornings (usually 7am and 10am). A&E also airs dramas Criminal Minds and The Sopranos. As for AMC, besides their original series, they air Three Stooges and The Rifleman.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)
07/07 - Archie Bunker's Place - Season One (Mill Creek)
07/07 - Barney Miller - The Final (Eighth) Season
07/07 - Married with Children - Season Eleven (Mill Creek)
07/07 - Married with Children - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
07/07 - The Michael J. Fox Show - The Complete First Season
07/07 - Playing House - Season 1
07/14 - Growing Pains - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
07/14 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Third Season
07/28 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites - Season 7
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, July 31
Bunk'd - "Welcome to Camp Kikiwaka" (Disney Channel, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Upon arriving at camp, the Ross kids discover that the camp owner, Gladys, is scarier than the legendary creature haunting the grounds; Gladys' old rivalry with the kids' mom sparks her fury.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Vegas" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Troy and Danny inevitably do something stupid in Las Vegas.
Friday, July 31
- Ed Helms (The Office) - Watch Ed on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Brie Larson (United States of Tara/Raising Dad) - Brie is a guest on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Carla Gugino (The Brink/Spin City) - Tune in to see Carla on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Jim appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Bridgit Mendler (Undateable/Good Luck Charlie) - Bridgit is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- George Lopez (George Lopez/Saint George) - George talks about his movie Spare Parts on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Anne Heche (Save Me/The Michael J. Fox Show) - Anne is a guest on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Laurence Fishburne (black-ish) - Laurence appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Rocky Carroll (Roc) - Rocky is a guest on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Jesse/Married with Children) - Christina can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM Hits 1.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David dishes on his new book, new music, and new show on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Brooke Burns (Miss Guided/Out of the Blue) - Brooke discusses her upcoming ing Hallmark Movies & Mysteries original Gourmet Detective: A Healthy Place to Die on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret is a guest on The Boris and Nicole Show on select Fox-owned stations, so check your local listings.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Denis Leary (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/The Job) - Denis is a guest on Popcorn with Peter Travers on ABC News.
- Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor/Breaking In) - Michael will be on People Now.
- Damon Wayans, Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) - Damon appears on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.