Friday, December 16, 2011
Happy Birthday Antenna TV! This January, Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's digital multicast channel, celebrates one year on air with total clearances on 59 television stations across the country and a special birthday marathon. Last January, Antenna TV made its debut with The Three Stooges. In honor of that first milestone, on January 1, 2012 Antenna TV will air a Three Stooges Marathon from 8am ET to Midnight to commemorate the anniversary, as we hinted a few weeks ago.
In the first year on air, Antenna TV has cleared 57% of the country with affiliation agreements covering 8 of top 10 US markets, including WPIX-TV (11.4) New York, KTLA-TV (5.2) Los Angeles, and WGN-TV (9.2) Chicago, and 19 of top 25 markets. And this January, Antenna TV will add additional affiliates including: Atlanta (WATL-Gannett,) Las Vegas (KSNV-Intermountain West,) Buffalo (WGRZ-Gannett,) Lexington (WTVQ – Morris,) Chattanooga (WRCB- Sarkes Tarzian,) Ft. Wayne (WANE – LIN,) and Idaho Falls (KPVI- Intermountain West.) These new affiliates will increase Antenna TV's reach to 59 markets across the U.S. covering 57% of TV households. In addition to Tribune and Local TV, Antenna TV has partnered with several broadcast groups including Cox, Gannett, LIN, Media General and Capitol Broadcasting.
You'll start seeing these new affiliates in the next few weeks, with the first launching in Atlanta on WATL 36.3 on Christmas Eve, with the rest launching as early as Jan. 1. Check out the affiliates section for all your listing needs! And as always, stay with us for everything Antenna TV, such as programming updates and affiliate clearances!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of December 19-23, 2011, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, December 19, 2011
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days) - Henry guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jeremy Sisto (Suburgatory) - Catch Jeremy on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Tune in to see Melissa on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Thomas visits The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Married with Children) - Watch Christina on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Jason Lee (My Name Is Earl) - Jason drops by Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Louis appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Zack Ward (Titus) - Zack and Scott Schwartz from A Christmas Story chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Ashton Kutcher (Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Charlie Sheen (Two and a Half Men/Spin City) - Tune in to see Charlie on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Childish Gambino (Donald Glover) (Community) - Childish Gambino is a musical guest on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Judy Greer (Two and a Half Men/Mad Love/Arrested Development) - Catch Judy on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Jerry O'Connell (Carpoolers/My Secret Identiy) - Jerry drops by Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Thomas continues to make the rounds on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Watch Maya on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia is a guest on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jay Thomas (Love & War/Murphy Brown/Cheers) - Watch Jay on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret stops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, November 25
The Middle - "Thanksgiving VI" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The Hecks agree to forgo Thanksgiving after Frankie finds out that she’s out of a job until January and must pick up a holiday position, which requires her to work on Thanksgiving in order to make ends meet. Much to her dismay, she ends up once again having to portray an overworked 19th century woman back at Heritage Village during the Harvest Feast and finds herself going face-to-face with Sheila (Faith Ford), a woman who definitely takes her job too seriously. Meanwhile, Sue goes back to work at Spudsy’s over her holiday break in the hopes that she’ll once again run into Logan – the dreamy Abercrombie guy, Axl finds himself in foreign territory when he starts becoming emotional over how his life has turned out, and Mike and Brick find themselves needing to find a bonding experience when the electricity goes out at the house and they are forced to interact with each other.
The Goldbergs - "A Goldberg Thanksgiving" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
As a bet, Beverly challenges Erica to participate in Jazzercise after she thinks her mom’s obsession is lame. When she wins, Erica decides to opt out of celebrating Thanksgiving, so Beverly must find a way to win her daughter back to celebrate the holiday with the family. Meanwhile, uncle Marvin shows up for his annual visit to the Goldberg home and unexpectedly bonds with Adam, which annoys Murray.
Modern Family - "Three Turkeys" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Phil is cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year with Luke as his sous chef, and Claire has no confidence in them and prepares a secret turkey of her own as backup. Meanwhile, Jay and Gloria had plans to spend the holiday away, but when the trip gets canceled last minute, they decide not to tell anyone, which quickly becomes the worst idea ever since the family dinner gets suddenly moved to their house, and it turns into a mad scramble to cover their tracks. And Mitch is tired of always being the bad cop, so when Lily refuses to wear a nice dress to dinner, he forces Cameron to deal with it, and he comes up with a very unconventional approach.
black-ish - "30 Something" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Things begin to fall apart, in more ways than one, when Dre hurts himself playing basketball right before his 40th birthday. He hands the planning of his big party over to his much younger, hipper assistant, fearing he really is getting too old to be cool. Bow and Ruby face off over who can get Dre the best gift, and the kids try to figure out what to give their dad for his special day.
Talia in the Kitchen - "After the Storm" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Will steals Talia's spices, she hides from the hurricane.until a mysterious boy discovers her.
Wednesday, November 25
- Nathan Lane (Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Watch Nathan on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jay Duplass (Togetherness/Transparent) - Jay appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Vanessa Lachey (Truth Be Told/Dads) - Vanessa and FABLife stylists put audience members to the test with a Thanksgiving preparation trivia challenge and turkey bowling competition for prizes on FABLife, so check your local listings.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo talks about the fight against cancer in children and her Thanksgiving tribute to her dear friend Robin Williams on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Greg Evigan (My Two Dads) - Greg and his daughter Briana talk about the new Hallmark Channel original movie Once Upon a Holiday on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John O'Hurley (Seinfeld/The Mullets) - John talks about The National Dog Show on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo appears on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly talk about starring in the upcoming holiday movie Angel of Christmas on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) - Candace is tentatively scheduled to appear on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Maura Tierney (NewsRadio) - Maura appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.