Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Antenna TV 2011 Christmas and New Year's Marathon Schedule; Dancing with the Stars Repeats Coming to GSN
As we hinted previously, Antenna TV will have a marathon of Christmas episodes on Christmas Eve and Day and then a marathon of Burns & Allen and Jack Benny Program on New Year's Eve! Spend the holidays with your favorite sitcom stars as Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's multicast broadcast network, airs a full weekend of holiday episodes on Christmas weekend, and a Burns and Allen Show and a Jack Benny Program marathon on New Year's Eve. Antenna TV, which airs on 52 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 57% of TV households, will feature a weekend of holiday programming beginning at 1pm ET on Saturday, December 24, 2011 and running through 11pm ET on Sunday, December 25, 2011. Programs include holiday episodes of: The Burns and Allen Show, Father Knows Best, Dennis the Menace, Hazel, The Flying Nun, McHale's Navy, The Monkees, The Partridge Family, The Monkees, Dragnet, Here Come the Brides, Adventures of Rin Tin Tin, The Nanny, Married...with Children, NewsRadio, Good Times, Sanford and Son, Too Close for Comfort, Three's Company, All in the Family and Maude. And if that's not all, watch The Yule Log from 3-7am ET bright and early on Christmas Day! View the complete schedule for the Christmas episodes on Christmas Eve and Day (scroll down below the regular schedule).
On New Year's Eve, Antenna TV will ring in 2012 with a Burns and Allen Show and a Jack Benny Program marathon (34 episodes/17 hours.) Beginning at 3pm ET on Saturday, December 31 and running through 8am ET on Sunday, January 1, the Burns and Allen episodes will feature the top rated episodes and the Jack Benny episodes will feature celebrity guest-star episodes like Lucile Ball, Bob Hope, and Carol Burnett! The marathon will have an episode each in an hour, so for example Burns and Allen Show at 3pm, followed by Jack Benny Program at 3:30pm, and then back to Burns & Allen at 4pm, and so on. Then on New Year's Day when the marathon is over by 8am ET, watch The Three Stooges all day on the first day of the year from 8am-12am ET! More info on that will come soon, as episode info is not available yet. For now, view the full New Year's Eve schedule of episodes for Burns & Allen and Jack Benny (scroll down below the regular schedule).
Antenna TV has some good stunts and surprises planned for 2012, so you'll want to keep it right here for the up-to-date news and schedule! Can't believe Antenna TV will be on the air a year by Jan. 1.
GSN (Game Show Network) announced recently that it has acquired the exclusive off-network rights to ABC's Dancing with the Stars from Disney-ABC Domestic Television, which will make GSN the only network on which previous seasons of the mega-hit dance competition can be seen. GSN has acquired seasons 4 through 13 (season 13 just finished last week on ABC), and will begin airing them in January 2012. The agreement also includes the upcoming 14th season that starts in March on ABC.
Dancing with the Stars episodes on GSN will feature a wide variety of celebrities who have brought glamour, humor, and even some lively controversy to the show - including Chaz Bono, Bristol Palin, Kim Kardashian, Cloris Leachman, Susan Lucci, Tom DeLay, Kate Gosselin, David Hasselhoff, Laila Ali, Joey Fatone, Lance Bass, Michael Bolton, Florence Henderson, Jennifer Grey, Wayne Newton, Marie Osmond, Donnie Osmond, Melissa Joan Hart, Mel B, Shawn Johnson, Kelly Osbourne, Pamela Anderson, Nancy Grace, Ricki Lake, J.R. Martinez, and Kirstie Alley, among many others.
The first season (the fourth season) of Dancing with the Stars to air on GSN features a diverse cross-section of celebrities from television, movies, music, sports, fashion and society, each paired with a professional dancer.
Dancing with the Stars was last seen on cable on BBC America in early 2008 back when they aired season two with stars like Drew Lachey, Stacey Keibler, Master P and Kenny Mayne. No word if they hold the rights to seasons 1-3, but GSN doesn't have the rights to those seasons, so we won't see stars like Mario Lopez, Emmit Smith and Kelly Monaco. Stay with us for more information, such as the GSN premiere date and regular air times. Stay tuned!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - The Comedians - The Complete Series
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/17 - Weird Loners - The Complete Series
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, November 28
Henry Danger - "Christmas Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man gets arrested for committing a petty crime, he is forced to spend Christmas in jail. Henry and Charlotte must try to help Captain Man have a good Christmas in jail.
Game Shakers - "A Reggae Potato Christmas" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Game Shakers visit Double G on the set of his live, self-indulgent "Double G's Christmas Special." During the opening number, his hair catches on fire and they must finish the show without him.
Monday, November 30
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Aziz The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Richard Kind (Spin City/Mad About You) - Richard is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alan Tudyk (Suburgatory) - Alan appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Brent Morin and Rick Glassman (Undateable) - Brent and Rick are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Kim Fields (The Facts of Life/Living Single) - Kim dishes on the new season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta and talks about why she decided to join the show on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A./Scrubs) - Scott drops by The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America talks about her new series Superstore on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Fuller House/How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm/Suburgatory) - Cheryl talks about her movie Christmas Eve on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.