Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Antenna TV 2011 Christmas and New Year's Marathon Schedule; Dancing with the Stars Repeats Coming to GSN
As we hinted previously, Antenna TV will have a marathon of Christmas episodes on Christmas Eve and Day and then a marathon of Burns & Allen and Jack Benny Program on New Year's Eve! Spend the holidays with your favorite sitcom stars as Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's multicast broadcast network, airs a full weekend of holiday episodes on Christmas weekend, and a Burns and Allen Show and a Jack Benny Program marathon on New Year's Eve. Antenna TV, which airs on 52 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 57% of TV households, will feature a weekend of holiday programming beginning at 1pm ET on Saturday, December 24, 2011 and running through 11pm ET on Sunday, December 25, 2011. Programs include holiday episodes of: The Burns and Allen Show, Father Knows Best, Dennis the Menace, Hazel, The Flying Nun, McHale's Navy, The Monkees, The Partridge Family, The Monkees, Dragnet, Here Come the Brides, Adventures of Rin Tin Tin, The Nanny, Married...with Children, NewsRadio, Good Times, Sanford and Son, Too Close for Comfort, Three's Company, All in the Family and Maude. And if that's not all, watch The Yule Log from 3-7am ET bright and early on Christmas Day! View the complete schedule for the Christmas episodes on Christmas Eve and Day (scroll down below the regular schedule).
On New Year's Eve, Antenna TV will ring in 2012 with a Burns and Allen Show and a Jack Benny Program marathon (34 episodes/17 hours.) Beginning at 3pm ET on Saturday, December 31 and running through 8am ET on Sunday, January 1, the Burns and Allen episodes will feature the top rated episodes and the Jack Benny episodes will feature celebrity guest-star episodes like Lucile Ball, Bob Hope, and Carol Burnett! The marathon will have an episode each in an hour, so for example Burns and Allen Show at 3pm, followed by Jack Benny Program at 3:30pm, and then back to Burns & Allen at 4pm, and so on. Then on New Year's Day when the marathon is over by 8am ET, watch The Three Stooges all day on the first day of the year from 8am-12am ET! More info on that will come soon, as episode info is not available yet. For now, view the full New Year's Eve schedule of episodes for Burns & Allen and Jack Benny (scroll down below the regular schedule).
Antenna TV has some good stunts and surprises planned for 2012, so you'll want to keep it right here for the up-to-date news and schedule! Can't believe Antenna TV will be on the air a year by Jan. 1.
GSN (Game Show Network) announced recently that it has acquired the exclusive off-network rights to ABC's Dancing with the Stars from Disney-ABC Domestic Television, which will make GSN the only network on which previous seasons of the mega-hit dance competition can be seen. GSN has acquired seasons 4 through 13 (season 13 just finished last week on ABC), and will begin airing them in January 2012. The agreement also includes the upcoming 14th season that starts in March on ABC.
Dancing with the Stars episodes on GSN will feature a wide variety of celebrities who have brought glamour, humor, and even some lively controversy to the show - including Chaz Bono, Bristol Palin, Kim Kardashian, Cloris Leachman, Susan Lucci, Tom DeLay, Kate Gosselin, David Hasselhoff, Laila Ali, Joey Fatone, Lance Bass, Michael Bolton, Florence Henderson, Jennifer Grey, Wayne Newton, Marie Osmond, Donnie Osmond, Melissa Joan Hart, Mel B, Shawn Johnson, Kelly Osbourne, Pamela Anderson, Nancy Grace, Ricki Lake, J.R. Martinez, and Kirstie Alley, among many others.
The first season (the fourth season) of Dancing with the Stars to air on GSN features a diverse cross-section of celebrities from television, movies, music, sports, fashion and society, each paired with a professional dancer.
Dancing with the Stars was last seen on cable on BBC America in early 2008 back when they aired season two with stars like Drew Lachey, Stacey Keibler, Master P and Kenny Mayne. No word if they hold the rights to seasons 1-3, but GSN doesn't have the rights to those seasons, so we won't see stars like Mario Lopez, Emmit Smith and Kelly Monaco. Stay with us for more information, such as the GSN premiere date and regular air times. Stay tuned!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, February 6
Game Shakers - "Shark Explosion" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Triple G's mom Jackie invites the Game Shakers on her yacht to see fireworks. But she and Double G have doubled booked the yacht, causing Dub to compete with her for the kids' affection.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Doggy Door Afternoon" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Squishy Paws runs away when the Quads are home alone and they have an argument they've been having since before they were born: who should be in charge. They must work together to find Squishy Paws before their parents get home.
100 Things to Do Before High School - "Meet Your Idol Thing!" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Our friends set out to meet their idols, but when their carefully laid plans begin to unravel, they realize the importance of patience and recognizing the idols in your everyday life. Guest Stars: Louie Vito, Neil deGrasse Tyson.
Sunday, February 7
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Catch Tina on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Adam DeVine (Modern Family/Workaholics) - Adam is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Brie Larson (United States of Tara/Raising Dad) - Watch Brie on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rebel Wilson (Super Fun Night) - Rebel visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Gillian Jacobs (Community) - Gillian is a guest on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Trevor Noah at 11pm. She also talks about Love on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- David Koechner (F Is for Family/Hank/The Office) - David will be on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Jim is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Julie visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Ben Feldman (Superstore/A to Z/Living with Fran) - Ben discusses Superstore on The Meredith Vieira Show (check your local listings) and on People Now.
- Rachael Harris (Surviving Jack/My Boys/Notes from the Underbelly) - Rachael talks about Deadpool on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri takes viewers behind the scenes of the Super Bowl on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Rhea Seehorn (Whitney/I'm with You) - Rhea talks about Better Call Saul on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Britt Lower (Man Seeking Woman) - Britt is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.