Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Antenna TV 2011 Christmas and New Year's Marathon Schedule; Dancing with the Stars Repeats Coming to GSN
As we hinted previously, Antenna TV will have a marathon of Christmas episodes on Christmas Eve and Day and then a marathon of Burns & Allen and Jack Benny Program on New Year's Eve! Spend the holidays with your favorite sitcom stars as Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's multicast broadcast network, airs a full weekend of holiday episodes on Christmas weekend, and a Burns and Allen Show and a Jack Benny Program marathon on New Year's Eve. Antenna TV, which airs on 52 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 57% of TV households, will feature a weekend of holiday programming beginning at 1pm ET on Saturday, December 24, 2011 and running through 11pm ET on Sunday, December 25, 2011. Programs include holiday episodes of: The Burns and Allen Show, Father Knows Best, Dennis the Menace, Hazel, The Flying Nun, McHale's Navy, The Monkees, The Partridge Family, The Monkees, Dragnet, Here Come the Brides, Adventures of Rin Tin Tin, The Nanny, Married...with Children, NewsRadio, Good Times, Sanford and Son, Too Close for Comfort, Three's Company, All in the Family and Maude. And if that's not all, watch The Yule Log from 3-7am ET bright and early on Christmas Day! View the complete schedule for the Christmas episodes on Christmas Eve and Day (scroll down below the regular schedule).
On New Year's Eve, Antenna TV will ring in 2012 with a Burns and Allen Show and a Jack Benny Program marathon (34 episodes/17 hours.) Beginning at 3pm ET on Saturday, December 31 and running through 8am ET on Sunday, January 1, the Burns and Allen episodes will feature the top rated episodes and the Jack Benny episodes will feature celebrity guest-star episodes like Lucile Ball, Bob Hope, and Carol Burnett! The marathon will have an episode each in an hour, so for example Burns and Allen Show at 3pm, followed by Jack Benny Program at 3:30pm, and then back to Burns & Allen at 4pm, and so on. Then on New Year's Day when the marathon is over by 8am ET, watch The Three Stooges all day on the first day of the year from 8am-12am ET! More info on that will come soon, as episode info is not available yet. For now, view the full New Year's Eve schedule of episodes for Burns & Allen and Jack Benny (scroll down below the regular schedule).
Antenna TV has some good stunts and surprises planned for 2012, so you'll want to keep it right here for the up-to-date news and schedule! Can't believe Antenna TV will be on the air a year by Jan. 1.
GSN (Game Show Network) announced recently that it has acquired the exclusive off-network rights to ABC's Dancing with the Stars from Disney-ABC Domestic Television, which will make GSN the only network on which previous seasons of the mega-hit dance competition can be seen. GSN has acquired seasons 4 through 13 (season 13 just finished last week on ABC), and will begin airing them in January 2012. The agreement also includes the upcoming 14th season that starts in March on ABC.
Dancing with the Stars episodes on GSN will feature a wide variety of celebrities who have brought glamour, humor, and even some lively controversy to the show - including Chaz Bono, Bristol Palin, Kim Kardashian, Cloris Leachman, Susan Lucci, Tom DeLay, Kate Gosselin, David Hasselhoff, Laila Ali, Joey Fatone, Lance Bass, Michael Bolton, Florence Henderson, Jennifer Grey, Wayne Newton, Marie Osmond, Donnie Osmond, Melissa Joan Hart, Mel B, Shawn Johnson, Kelly Osbourne, Pamela Anderson, Nancy Grace, Ricki Lake, J.R. Martinez, and Kirstie Alley, among many others.
The first season (the fourth season) of Dancing with the Stars to air on GSN features a diverse cross-section of celebrities from television, movies, music, sports, fashion and society, each paired with a professional dancer.
Dancing with the Stars was last seen on cable on BBC America in early 2008 back when they aired season two with stars like Drew Lachey, Stacey Keibler, Master P and Kenny Mayne. No word if they hold the rights to seasons 1-3, but GSN doesn't have the rights to those seasons, so we won't see stars like Mario Lopez, Emmit Smith and Kelly Monaco. Stay with us for more information, such as the GSN premiere date and regular air times. Stay tuned!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, March 30
The Big Bang Theory - "The Collaboration Fluctuation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Leonard, Penny and Raj adjust to their new living arrangement, and Sheldon takes an interest in Amy’s work.
The Great Indoors - "Cubicles" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Jack can’t concentrate because of the millennials’ distracting juvenile behavior, Brooke installs cubicles in the bullpen.
Mom - "Black Mold and an Old Hot Dog" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy helps Jill adjust to being a new foster mother, and Bonnie has trouble convincing tenants that she’s a good building manager.
Life in Pieces - "Sleepover Dream Light Haze" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Matt and Colleen take a strong sleep aid, they start experiencing crazy sleepwalking adventures. Also, Greg gets upset when Jen reveals she had a sex dream about a member of the family; Tim regrets missing a slumber party when he was a kid so he insists on helping Sophia make it through a friend’s sleepover; and John installs a motion-sensor light in the yard that flashes repeatedly, keeping them up at night. Fortune Feimster returns as Colleen’s roommate, Dougie, and J.B. Smoove returns as John and Joan’s neighbor, Darryl.
Superstore - "Seasonal Help" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Much to Amy's (America Ferrera) dismay, Glenn (Mark McKinney) hires Amy's husband, Adam (guest star Ryan Gaul), for some extra help, exposing her in ways in which she is not prepared. Frustrated with the lazy, noncommittal temps, Jonah (Ben Feldman) and Garrett (Colton Dunn) start an employee draft to place bets on who will quit first while Glenn tries to find the perfect person to play Santa at the store for Christmas.
Powerless - "I'ma Friend You" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emily (Vanessa Hudgens) learns that Jackie (Christina Kirk) is in need of some extra cash, she can't help but try and do what she can to help her out. Meanwhile, Van (Alan Tudyk) is on a witch hunt and has his eyes set on Teddy (Danny Pudi), Ron (Ron Funches) and Wendy (Jennie Pierson).
Thursday, March 30
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine/Friends) - Catch Matthew on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and the AOL Build Show at 4pm.
- Louis C.K. (Louie/Lucky Louie) - Louie appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Regina King (227) - Regina stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marissa is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Christine Baranski (Cybill/Happy Family/Welcome to New York) - Christine appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kristen Schaal (The Last Man on Earth/Bob's Burgers/Flight of the Conchords) - Kristen visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on a repeat of The Real, so check your listings.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) and Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Alec and Lisa talk about The Baby Boss on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Katey Sagal (Superior Donuts/Married with Children/8 Simple Rules) - Katey discusses her new book Grace Notes: My Recollections on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Zach Braff (Scrubs) - Zach will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig is a guest on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.