Tuesday, November 01, 2011
We are still over 6 weeks away from TV Land's annual Merrython, TV Land's annual holiday episode party, but we have to break the news to you today on what shows to expect! Kick-start the holiday season with TV Land's 12th Annual Merrython on Sunday, December 11 starting at 8pm, as TV Land delivers holiday cheer to viewers during this festive marathon featuring multiple holiday episodes from popular newer series Everybody Loves Raymond, The King of Queens, Roseanne, The Nanny and Home Improvement until 6am. That's not all! TV Land will present more holiday episodes starting on Christmas Eve (Saturday, Dec. 24) with a 24-hour marathon of holiday episodes starting at 9pm. On this portion we will see those shows from Dec. 11 again to kick it off then on Christmas Day we will also see the classics: Three's Company, Sanford & Son, The Andy Griffith Show, Bewitched, The Jeffersons, Good Times, The Dick Van Dyke Show, M*A*S*H, and Married...with Children. It's certainly good to see a few series not airing regularly on this holiday line-up like The Jeffersons, Bewitched, Good Times and Home Improvement. They will not be returning to the regular schedule, as of now, so tune in during the Merrython for multiple holiday episodes of each!
Tune in with loved ones and celebrate the holiday season with TV Land! We will have more info on this when we have our TV Land December 2011 breakdown, along with more details on the third season premiere of Hot in Cleveland and series premiere of The Exes, both starting on Wednesday, November 30 at 10/9 central! So please do come back for that!
Fox announced late last week that they will air two specials based on the groundbreaking sketch comedy series In Living Color! The two half-sour specials are set to air in Spring 2012, as Fox will celebrate its 25th anniversary. Two snaps up! Exact dates to be announced, but Fox is planning a two-hour 25th anniversary special on Sunday, April 1, 2012. As for the In Living Color specials, they will be hosted and executive-produced by original series creator/executive producer Keenen Ivory Wayans. This is a modern-day take on the hit sketch comedy show that will feature a new cast of fresh, young talent, as well as musical performances by special guests. In Living Color of course aired from 1990 to 1994 on Fox and is still in reruns today on cable on Centric and MTV2. Starring Keenen Ivory Wayans and Damon Wayans, the show launched both of their careers, as well as those of siblings Shawn, Marlon and Kim, not to mention featured players Jim Carrey, Jamie Foxx, David Alan Grier, and "Fly Girls" Jennifer Lopez & Carrie Ann Inaba. The iconic series put a hip, edgy spin on popular culture and featured characters and sketches that became part of the American vernacular, such as "Men on Film," starring flamboyant film critics Blaine Edwards (Damon Wayans) and Antoine Merriweather (David Alan Grier); Homey D. Clown (Damon Wayans), a dour urban kiddie entertainer whose catchphrase was "Homey don't play that!"; streetwise scam artists "The Home Boys" (Keenen Ivory and Damon Wayans); and Fire Marshall Bill (Jim Carrey), a disfigured safety expert.
Stay with us for much more on this, including when these two specials will air as we get closer to the spring.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - The Comedians - The Complete Series
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/17 - Weird Loners - The Complete Series
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, December 1
The Muppets - "Going, Going, Gonzo" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
after a show-stopping duet with Miss Piggy on “Up Late with Miss Piggy,” Joseph Gordon-Levitt joins Scooter, Pepe and the gang for poker night; The Great Gonzo gears up to perform his dream stunt; and Dave Grohl challenges Animal to a drum-off.
Fresh Off the Boat - "We Done Son" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jessica and Honey’s friendship hits a rough patch after an argument about the investment property. Louis’s old friend Barry (J.B. Smoove) overstays his welcome. And Eddie starts a part-time job working for DMX.
Grandfathered - "Jimmy & Sons" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jimmy hires Gerald as the new host at his restaurant and gives him a crash course in hospitality. Meanwhile, Vanessa teaches Sara how to take sexy photos for Bruce (guest star Andy Daly), and Annelise encourages Ravi to crack down on the comedy in the kitchen.
The Grinder - "Grinder Rests in Peace" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
“The Grinder: New Orleans” -- a spinoff of the original hit series, asks Dean to film a scene giving closure to his beloved character, Mitch Grinder. Not surprisingly, Dean struggles with being replaced by his TV brother, Rake (guest star Timothy Olyphant). Meanwhile Stewart, who has also been feeling replaced by his brother in Ethan's eyes, jumps at the opportunity to get Dean back into acting and out of his hair.
Family Time - "Bright Lights, Dusty House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tony's mother comes over to help out now that Lisa has started a full time job; Donnie convinces tony to shoot an ad for his business.
Tuesday, December 1
- Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy/American Dad!) - Catch Seth on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Paul Reiser (Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker) - Ted appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Oliver Hudson (Rules of Engagement) - Oliver visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Michaela Watkins (Trophy Wife) - Michaela is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) - Kunal stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Fuller House/How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is a guest on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Wendy Raquel Robinson (The Game/The Steve Harvey Show) - Wendy guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry join Chrissy Teigen in the kitchen to make breakfast toast cups and crème brûlée on FABLife, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Mindy Kaling (The Mindy Project/The Office) - Mindy is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Fuller House/Full House) - Candace appears on People Now.