Tuesday, November 01, 2011
We are still over 6 weeks away from TV Land's annual Merrython, TV Land's annual holiday episode party, but we have to break the news to you today on what shows to expect! Kick-start the holiday season with TV Land's 12th Annual Merrython on Sunday, December 11 starting at 8pm, as TV Land delivers holiday cheer to viewers during this festive marathon featuring multiple holiday episodes from popular newer series Everybody Loves Raymond, The King of Queens, Roseanne, The Nanny and Home Improvement until 6am. That's not all! TV Land will present more holiday episodes starting on Christmas Eve (Saturday, Dec. 24) with a 24-hour marathon of holiday episodes starting at 9pm. On this portion we will see those shows from Dec. 11 again to kick it off then on Christmas Day we will also see the classics: Three's Company, Sanford & Son, The Andy Griffith Show, Bewitched, The Jeffersons, Good Times, The Dick Van Dyke Show, M*A*S*H, and Married...with Children. It's certainly good to see a few series not airing regularly on this holiday line-up like The Jeffersons, Bewitched, Good Times and Home Improvement. They will not be returning to the regular schedule, as of now, so tune in during the Merrython for multiple holiday episodes of each!
Tune in with loved ones and celebrate the holiday season with TV Land! We will have more info on this when we have our TV Land December 2011 breakdown, along with more details on the third season premiere of Hot in Cleveland and series premiere of The Exes, both starting on Wednesday, November 30 at 10/9 central! So please do come back for that!
Fox announced late last week that they will air two specials based on the groundbreaking sketch comedy series In Living Color! The two half-sour specials are set to air in Spring 2012, as Fox will celebrate its 25th anniversary. Two snaps up! Exact dates to be announced, but Fox is planning a two-hour 25th anniversary special on Sunday, April 1, 2012. As for the In Living Color specials, they will be hosted and executive-produced by original series creator/executive producer Keenen Ivory Wayans. This is a modern-day take on the hit sketch comedy show that will feature a new cast of fresh, young talent, as well as musical performances by special guests. In Living Color of course aired from 1990 to 1994 on Fox and is still in reruns today on cable on Centric and MTV2. Starring Keenen Ivory Wayans and Damon Wayans, the show launched both of their careers, as well as those of siblings Shawn, Marlon and Kim, not to mention featured players Jim Carrey, Jamie Foxx, David Alan Grier, and "Fly Girls" Jennifer Lopez & Carrie Ann Inaba. The iconic series put a hip, edgy spin on popular culture and featured characters and sketches that became part of the American vernacular, such as "Men on Film," starring flamboyant film critics Blaine Edwards (Damon Wayans) and Antoine Merriweather (David Alan Grier); Homey D. Clown (Damon Wayans), a dour urban kiddie entertainer whose catchphrase was "Homey don't play that!"; streetwise scam artists "The Home Boys" (Keenen Ivory and Damon Wayans); and Fire Marshall Bill (Jim Carrey), a disfigured safety expert.
Stay with us for much more on this, including when these two specials will air as we get closer to the spring.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 29
Henry Danger - "Stuck in Two Holes" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Whaaaat?!? Captain Man and Kid Danger are each stuck in a hole?!? Charlotte and Jasper better go help, 'cuz Schwoz is takin' a bean bath!
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "I Want My Mae B. Back" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Mae starts to spend more time with her new boyfriend, Dawn begins to get jealous so enlists Nicky, Ricky, and Dicky to help separate them so that she can have her friend back.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.