Tuesday, November 01, 2011
We are still over 6 weeks away from TV Land's annual Merrython, TV Land's annual holiday episode party, but we have to break the news to you today on what shows to expect! Kick-start the holiday season with TV Land's 12th Annual Merrython on Sunday, December 11 starting at 8pm, as TV Land delivers holiday cheer to viewers during this festive marathon featuring multiple holiday episodes from popular newer series Everybody Loves Raymond, The King of Queens, Roseanne, The Nanny and Home Improvement until 6am. That's not all! TV Land will present more holiday episodes starting on Christmas Eve (Saturday, Dec. 24) with a 24-hour marathon of holiday episodes starting at 9pm. On this portion we will see those shows from Dec. 11 again to kick it off then on Christmas Day we will also see the classics: Three's Company, Sanford & Son, The Andy Griffith Show, Bewitched, The Jeffersons, Good Times, The Dick Van Dyke Show, M*A*S*H, and Married...with Children. It's certainly good to see a few series not airing regularly on this holiday line-up like The Jeffersons, Bewitched, Good Times and Home Improvement. They will not be returning to the regular schedule, as of now, so tune in during the Merrython for multiple holiday episodes of each!
Tune in with loved ones and celebrate the holiday season with TV Land! We will have more info on this when we have our TV Land December 2011 breakdown, along with more details on the third season premiere of Hot in Cleveland and series premiere of The Exes, both starting on Wednesday, November 30 at 10/9 central! So please do come back for that!
Fox announced late last week that they will air two specials based on the groundbreaking sketch comedy series In Living Color! The two half-sour specials are set to air in Spring 2012, as Fox will celebrate its 25th anniversary. Two snaps up! Exact dates to be announced, but Fox is planning a two-hour 25th anniversary special on Sunday, April 1, 2012. As for the In Living Color specials, they will be hosted and executive-produced by original series creator/executive producer Keenen Ivory Wayans. This is a modern-day take on the hit sketch comedy show that will feature a new cast of fresh, young talent, as well as musical performances by special guests. In Living Color of course aired from 1990 to 1994 on Fox and is still in reruns today on cable on Centric and MTV2. Starring Keenen Ivory Wayans and Damon Wayans, the show launched both of their careers, as well as those of siblings Shawn, Marlon and Kim, not to mention featured players Jim Carrey, Jamie Foxx, David Alan Grier, and "Fly Girls" Jennifer Lopez & Carrie Ann Inaba. The iconic series put a hip, edgy spin on popular culture and featured characters and sketches that became part of the American vernacular, such as "Men on Film," starring flamboyant film critics Blaine Edwards (Damon Wayans) and Antoine Merriweather (David Alan Grier); Homey D. Clown (Damon Wayans), a dour urban kiddie entertainer whose catchphrase was "Homey don't play that!"; streetwise scam artists "The Home Boys" (Keenen Ivory and Damon Wayans); and Fire Marshall Bill (Jim Carrey), a disfigured safety expert.
Stay with us for much more on this, including when these two specials will air as we get closer to the spring.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.