Wednesday, November 09, 2011
After just two full weeks, TV Land has changed their schedule once again. As of this past Monday (Nov. 7), TV Land has drastically changed their morning and early evening line-up. Leave it to Beaver, Bewitched, Good Times and The Jeffersons are all back on the schedule, while The Andy Griffith Show is back on weekdays. Kicking it off in the mornings are back-to-back episodes of Leave it to Beaver at 8am & 8:34am. Then The Dick Van Dyke Show moves to 9:07am and 9:41am. Both shows will replace Bonanza's morning airings. At 10:14am, TV Land brings back some magic by airing Bewitched, with The Andy Griffith Show following at 10:50am & 11:25am. Both of these series replace three airings of The Dick Van Dyke Show. Then at 12 noon, it is the return of Good Times, followed by the return of The Jeffersons at 12:30pm. And Sanford & Son follows at 1pm, as that gets cut from three airings (12pm-1:36pm) to one airing. Bonanza remains from 1:36pm-5pm, but it will also now get the 5pm hour, replacing The Dick Van Dyke Show. Then starting at 6:05pm, M*A*S*H gets three airings now instead of two, lasting until 7:48pm. Roseanne follows from 7:48pm-9pm. So what does this mean? It means Married...with Children is off the schedule once again.
Everything else on weekdays remains the same as we announced on Oct. 24 when The King of Queens joined the TV Land line-up. The weekend schedule will also remain as is. View and discuss these changes on the TV Land Fall 2011 schedule discussion thread.
Jennie Garth (Beverly Hills 90210, What I Like About You) has been cast as the lead in the ABC Family comedy pilot, Village People, from executive producer Meg DeLoatch (Eve, One on One). Garth will play Alexa, a single, high-powered career woman who adopts a baby from a teen mother -- whom she ends up caring for as well. Garth will also serve as Executive Producer of the multi-camera half-hour pilot that centers on a single, high-powered career woman who adopts a baby from a teen mother -- whom she ends up caring for as well. Garth has also appeared on ABC's Dancing with the Stars in season five, along with the revival 90210 series reprising the role of Kelly Taylor.
This pilot is one of two that has ABC Family is in the pipe-line, as we mentioned early last week. Along with the sitcom pilot Baby Daddy, this is just a pilot order. We will let you know if this makes it to series or not. Hopefully both make it to series. Stay tuned!
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, August 22
Last Man Standing - "Hard-ass Teacher" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eve has decided she wants to go to college at West Point. In order to do so she needs to get straight A’s, which might be a problem considering her geometry teacher, Mr. Hardin, is called “Hard-ass” Hardin for a reason. In turn, Eve asks Mike and Vanessa for their approval to switch teachers to an easier class -- a move Vanessa approves of but one that Mike sees as just the easy way out.
Last Man Standing - "April, Come She Will" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Vanessa’s mooching sister April comes to visit, Mike suspects it’s because she needs money. Sure enough, April explains that she’s decided to have a baby but doesn’t have the funds for a donor egg. While Vanessa and Mike aren’t on board, Mandy comes up with a solution. Meanwhile at Outdoor Man, Mike tries pulling a prank on Chuck Larabee that gives him some new perspective.
Jessie - "Coffee Talk" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jessie scores two VIP wristbands to Emma and Zuri's dream concert and the girls compete for the extra spot; Bertram is obsessed with his new talking coffee maker.
Dog with a Blog - "Karl Finds Out Stan's Secret" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Stan's secret talent is revealed to the family's neighbor, Karl; he doesn't find out about the blog, the moon walking or the driving, though.
Friday, August 22
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep/The New Adventures of Old Christine/Seinfeld) - Catch Julia on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Damon Wayans, Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) and Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Watch the stars of Let's Be Cops on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman) - Tune in to see Mary on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison is a guest on a repeat of Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney is part of the guest panel on a repeat of Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Brandy (The Game/Moesha) - Brandy appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Tune in to see Mayim on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Jason is a guest on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Learn how Cedric is killing his cholesterol on a repeat of The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Valerie joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.