Wednesday, November 09, 2011
After just two full weeks, TV Land has changed their schedule once again. As of this past Monday (Nov. 7), TV Land has drastically changed their morning and early evening line-up. Leave it to Beaver, Bewitched, Good Times and The Jeffersons are all back on the schedule, while The Andy Griffith Show is back on weekdays. Kicking it off in the mornings are back-to-back episodes of Leave it to Beaver at 8am & 8:34am. Then The Dick Van Dyke Show moves to 9:07am and 9:41am. Both shows will replace Bonanza's morning airings. At 10:14am, TV Land brings back some magic by airing Bewitched, with The Andy Griffith Show following at 10:50am & 11:25am. Both of these series replace three airings of The Dick Van Dyke Show. Then at 12 noon, it is the return of Good Times, followed by the return of The Jeffersons at 12:30pm. And Sanford & Son follows at 1pm, as that gets cut from three airings (12pm-1:36pm) to one airing. Bonanza remains from 1:36pm-5pm, but it will also now get the 5pm hour, replacing The Dick Van Dyke Show. Then starting at 6:05pm, M*A*S*H gets three airings now instead of two, lasting until 7:48pm. Roseanne follows from 7:48pm-9pm. So what does this mean? It means Married...with Children is off the schedule once again.
Everything else on weekdays remains the same as we announced on Oct. 24 when The King of Queens joined the TV Land line-up. The weekend schedule will also remain as is. View and discuss these changes on the TV Land Fall 2011 schedule discussion thread.
Jennie Garth (Beverly Hills 90210, What I Like About You) has been cast as the lead in the ABC Family comedy pilot, Village People, from executive producer Meg DeLoatch (Eve, One on One). Garth will play Alexa, a single, high-powered career woman who adopts a baby from a teen mother -- whom she ends up caring for as well. Garth will also serve as Executive Producer of the multi-camera half-hour pilot that centers on a single, high-powered career woman who adopts a baby from a teen mother -- whom she ends up caring for as well. Garth has also appeared on ABC's Dancing with the Stars in season five, along with the revival 90210 series reprising the role of Kelly Taylor.
This pilot is one of two that has ABC Family is in the pipe-line, as we mentioned early last week. Along with the sitcom pilot Baby Daddy, this is just a pilot order. We will let you know if this makes it to series or not. Hopefully both make it to series. Stay tuned!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, June 27
Mom - "Snickerdoodle and a Nip Slip" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Christy catches the eye of Candace’s wealthy, charming father, Fred, Candace and Baxter are outraged, while Bonnie pushes Christy to give him a chance. Harry Hamlin guest stars as Candace’s wealthy father, Fred. Sara Rue returns as Candace.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Basketball Jones" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Oleg’s pro-basketball playing cousin comes to town to play a game against Max’s favorite team and gifts her with two free tickets, but chaos ensues when the girls interfere with the game and risk ruining their cupcake business’ reputation in the process.
American Dad - "Standard Deviation" (TBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
To avoid a suicide mission, Stan must beat Bullock in a DJ battle; Jeff starts drinking psychedelic teas and builds an imaginary musical instrument with Roger's help.
Angie Tribeca - "A Coldie but a Goodie" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tribeca believes that a 102-year-old's death isn't as natural as everyone thinks, but her concerns aren't heard because of her probation.
Odd Mom Out - "Fasting and Furious" (Bravo, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Jill's parents come to town to celebrate Yom Kippur and to take care of a matter of life and death; Vanessa flirts with the idea of a breakup; Brooke continues to punish Lex for betraying her.
Monday, June 27
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Watch Eric on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Marc Maron (Maron) - Marc appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jenny Slate (Married/Bob's Burgers) - Jenny stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Natasha Leggero (Another Period/Free Agents) - Natasha appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Woods (Silicon Valley/Playing House/The Office) - Zach appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Greg Proops (True Jackson, VP) - Greg is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jill Kargman (Odd Mom Out) - Jill visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kellita Smith (The First Family/The Bernie Mac Show) - Kellita stops by The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) - Jamie reveals that her husband and daughter are hounding her for more children on People Now at 8:30am.
- Craig Bierko (Unhitched/Madman of the People/Sydney) - Craig is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela talks about Hulu's Casual on the AOL Build ShoW at 11am.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) and Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Louis and Kevin talk about The Secret Life of Pets on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Tony Shalhoub (We Are Men/Wings)- Tony will be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Arsenio guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.