Wednesday, November 09, 2011
After just two full weeks, TV Land has changed their schedule once again. As of this past Monday (Nov. 7), TV Land has drastically changed their morning and early evening line-up. Leave it to Beaver, Bewitched, Good Times and The Jeffersons are all back on the schedule, while The Andy Griffith Show is back on weekdays. Kicking it off in the mornings are back-to-back episodes of Leave it to Beaver at 8am & 8:34am. Then The Dick Van Dyke Show moves to 9:07am and 9:41am. Both shows will replace Bonanza's morning airings. At 10:14am, TV Land brings back some magic by airing Bewitched, with The Andy Griffith Show following at 10:50am & 11:25am. Both of these series replace three airings of The Dick Van Dyke Show. Then at 12 noon, it is the return of Good Times, followed by the return of The Jeffersons at 12:30pm. And Sanford & Son follows at 1pm, as that gets cut from three airings (12pm-1:36pm) to one airing. Bonanza remains from 1:36pm-5pm, but it will also now get the 5pm hour, replacing The Dick Van Dyke Show. Then starting at 6:05pm, M*A*S*H gets three airings now instead of two, lasting until 7:48pm. Roseanne follows from 7:48pm-9pm. So what does this mean? It means Married...with Children is off the schedule once again.
Everything else on weekdays remains the same as we announced on Oct. 24 when The King of Queens joined the TV Land line-up. The weekend schedule will also remain as is. View and discuss these changes on the TV Land Fall 2011 schedule discussion thread.
Jennie Garth (Beverly Hills 90210, What I Like About You) has been cast as the lead in the ABC Family comedy pilot, Village People, from executive producer Meg DeLoatch (Eve, One on One). Garth will play Alexa, a single, high-powered career woman who adopts a baby from a teen mother -- whom she ends up caring for as well. Garth will also serve as Executive Producer of the multi-camera half-hour pilot that centers on a single, high-powered career woman who adopts a baby from a teen mother -- whom she ends up caring for as well. Garth has also appeared on ABC's Dancing with the Stars in season five, along with the revival 90210 series reprising the role of Kelly Taylor.
This pilot is one of two that has ABC Family is in the pipe-line, as we mentioned early last week. Along with the sitcom pilot Baby Daddy, this is just a pilot order. We will let you know if this makes it to series or not. Hopefully both make it to series. Stay tuned!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, February 12
Bunk'd - "Luke's Back" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Luke gets some summer school help from Ravi and reunites with his siblings; Camp Kikiwaka and its rival engage in a turf war.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets Commonism" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Auggie experiences an existential crisis while trying to figure out what he wants to be; Farkle and Maya are caught cheating on a test and must face the school honor board.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Second Thoughts" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Troy discusses her marriage troubles with Hattie.
Friday, February 12
- George Clooney (The Facts of Life/Roseanne) - Watch George on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Raymond appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia is a guest on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jack McBrayer (30 Rock) - Jack is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Christine Taylor (Hey Dude) - Christine talks about Zoolander 2 on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy/American Dad!/The Cleveland Show) - Seth discusses his Grammy nomination on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Anders Holm (Workaholics/The Mindy Project) - Anders is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner (The Cosby Show/Malcolm & Eddie) - Malcolm-Jamal discusses his role as Al Cowlings in FX's American Crime Story: The People v. OJ Simpson on Access Hollywood Live (check your local listings) and on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Bailee Madison (Trophy Wife) - Bailee discusses her shows Good Witch, Once Upon a Time, and attending Fashion Week for the first time on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Meagan Good (Mr. Robinson/Raising Dad/Cousin Skeeter) - Meagan is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Dakota Johnson (Ben and Kate) - Dakota talks about How to Be Single on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM Hits 1 at 8am.