Wednesday, November 09, 2011
After just two full weeks, TV Land has changed their schedule once again. As of this past Monday (Nov. 7), TV Land has drastically changed their morning and early evening line-up. Leave it to Beaver, Bewitched, Good Times and The Jeffersons are all back on the schedule, while The Andy Griffith Show is back on weekdays. Kicking it off in the mornings are back-to-back episodes of Leave it to Beaver at 8am & 8:34am. Then The Dick Van Dyke Show moves to 9:07am and 9:41am. Both shows will replace Bonanza's morning airings. At 10:14am, TV Land brings back some magic by airing Bewitched, with The Andy Griffith Show following at 10:50am & 11:25am. Both of these series replace three airings of The Dick Van Dyke Show. Then at 12 noon, it is the return of Good Times, followed by the return of The Jeffersons at 12:30pm. And Sanford & Son follows at 1pm, as that gets cut from three airings (12pm-1:36pm) to one airing. Bonanza remains from 1:36pm-5pm, but it will also now get the 5pm hour, replacing The Dick Van Dyke Show. Then starting at 6:05pm, M*A*S*H gets three airings now instead of two, lasting until 7:48pm. Roseanne follows from 7:48pm-9pm. So what does this mean? It means Married...with Children is off the schedule once again.
Everything else on weekdays remains the same as we announced on Oct. 24 when The King of Queens joined the TV Land line-up. The weekend schedule will also remain as is. View and discuss these changes on the TV Land Fall 2011 schedule discussion thread.
Jennie Garth (Beverly Hills 90210, What I Like About You) has been cast as the lead in the ABC Family comedy pilot, Village People, from executive producer Meg DeLoatch (Eve, One on One). Garth will play Alexa, a single, high-powered career woman who adopts a baby from a teen mother -- whom she ends up caring for as well. Garth will also serve as Executive Producer of the multi-camera half-hour pilot that centers on a single, high-powered career woman who adopts a baby from a teen mother -- whom she ends up caring for as well. Garth has also appeared on ABC's Dancing with the Stars in season five, along with the revival 90210 series reprising the role of Kelly Taylor.
This pilot is one of two that has ABC Family is in the pipe-line, as we mentioned early last week. Along with the sitcom pilot Baby Daddy, this is just a pilot order. We will let you know if this makes it to series or not. Hopefully both make it to series. Stay tuned!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 31
Fresh Off the Boat - "Tight Two" (ABC, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Louis prides himself on being a fun dad, but after he has an accident and is forced to stay home with the boys, he scrambles to find ways to entertain the kids. And while Louis is stuck at home, Jessica struggles to manage the staff and the new takeout service at Cattleman’s Ranch.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Phillip Goldstein" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eddie tries to befriend the only other Chinese kid in school (guest star Albert Tsai, “Trophy Wife”), but he’s in for a letdown after he finds out that they have nothing in common; Louis feels betrayed when Mitch (Paul Scheer) accepts a job at the rival Golden Saddle.
Tuesday, May 31
- Megan Fox (Hope & Faith) - Catch Megan on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley) - Thomas drops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) - Melissa is a guest on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris appears on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) - Kunal is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Rob Corddry (Ballers/The Winner) - Rob appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Paul F. Tompkins (DAG) - Paul is a guest on a repeat of The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Maya talks about Maya and Marty on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin talks about Maya and Marty on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 9am hour.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- David Schwimmer (Friends) - David will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michael Urie (Partners) - Michael discusses hosting the 61st Drama Desk Awards on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Ashley Tisdale (Clipped/The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) - Ashley discusses her first ever beauty line Illuminate by Ashley Tisdale on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Jenna Elfman (Dharma & Greg/Courting Alex/Accidentally on Purpose) - Jenna and her husband Bodhi discuss their hit podcast Kicking and Screaming on the the AOL Build Show at 5pm.
- Kenan Thompson (Kenan & Kel) - Kenan talks about Maya and Marty on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Laura Marano (Austin & Ally/Back to You) - Laura appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.