Friday, November 11, 2011
ION Television kicks off the 2011 holiday season with six all-new original movies, starting Sunday, November 27. ION Television will premiere the new holiday movies along with returning favorites on Sundays throughout the season. New titles for ION this year include 12 Wishes of Christmas, Mandie and the Forgotten Christmas, Holiday Heist, A Golden Christmas 2, Christmas Mail, and A Christmas Kiss. It all kicks off on Sunday, Nov. 27 at 1pm and the highlight of the day is the primetime movie 12 Wishes of Christmas starring Elisa Donovan, Gabrielle Carteris, Sarah Thompson, and Fred Willard. Among the other stars on the six all-new holiday movies are Lacey Chabert, Vivica Fox, Chris Kattan, Julie Gonzalo, Bruce Davison, Kelly Stables, Alley Mills and Nicholas Brendon.
As for the regular schedule, this means the Sunday night George Lopez block is on hiatus for the holidays starting Nov. 27, but you can still catch the series in filler airings from time-to-time in the early afternoon. The series recently lost its other regular airings, such as Thursday and Friday afternoons. ION Television has a whole lot of Criminal Minds, Without a Trace, Ghost Whisperer, Monk and Psych dominating the regular schedule. ION also started airing new episodes of Flashpoint on Tuesday nights (since Oct. 18), with the premiere night delivering the network's highest-rated night of the season. The Flashpoint network premiere at 10pm ET/PT delivered 1.3 million total viewers, 949,000 households, and 589,000 viewers among A18-49 on that night. ION Television also ranked #9 among all cable networks for the night.
Among marathons, ION has a Thanksgiving Day movie marathon and a Criminal Minds marathon the day after from 4pm-3am. Stay with us for further updates, but as of now, this is all to report.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of November 14-18, 2011, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, November 14, 2011
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron and his daughter Bryce Dallas appear on NBC's Today between 7-9am and later he will be on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Mr. Warmth stops by LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect) - Sherri is a guest on The Chew on ABC at 1pm et/12pt/c.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly appears on Nate Berkus, so check your local listings.
- Angela Kinsey (The Office) - Catch Angela on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days) - Henry guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Melissa is a guest on Anderson, so check your local listings.
- Rico Rodriguez (Modern Family) - The funny and talented Rico appears on Nate Berkus, so check your local listings.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Watch Jerry on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Robin Williams (Mork & Mindy) - Robin drops by The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Improvement) - Tim is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Angela Kinsey (The Office) - Angela appears as the voice of Geoff on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric visits Good Morning America on ABC between 7-9am.
- Robin Williams (Mork & Mindy) - Robin continues to make the rounds on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings and later he will be on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Megyn Price (Rules of Engagement/Grounded for Life) - Megyn guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Fran Drescher (Happily Divorced/The Nanny) - Fran visits The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch the double Emmy winner Jim on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don continues to make the rounds on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Beth Behrs (2 Broke Girls) - Catch Beth on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell) - Mario guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT and will also be on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, October 23
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of last season’s Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-a-Witch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
The Simpsons - "Trust But Clarify" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
Son of Zorn - "A Taste of Zephyria" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After learning how Zephyria is depicted in the media, Zorn attempts to teach Alan about his culture. Meanwhile, Edie wages war with her new neighbors over their talking garden gnome.
Family Guy - "Inside Family Guy" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
FAMILY GUY takes viewers behind the scenes of a regular “FAMILY GUY” production week, with James Woods as the guide. See the ins-and-outs of what goes into the making of a “FAMILY GUY” episode and watch the drama unfold as Peter is replaced and ends up in the office of Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman to pitch his very own new series.
The Last Man on Earth - "Five Hoda Kotbs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
A post-apocalyptic road trip has everyone at war with each other and Gail is really pushed to her breaking point.
Bizaardvark - "Spoiler Alert: Belissa Returns" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Paige and Frankie hit a writing slump and other bad things start happening to them, Paige begins to think they are cursed; Amelia and Dirk are at odds when the lifestyle Diva declutters the Dare Lair.
Sunday, October 23
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.