Friday, November 11, 2011
ION Television kicks off the 2011 holiday season with six all-new original movies, starting Sunday, November 27. ION Television will premiere the new holiday movies along with returning favorites on Sundays throughout the season. New titles for ION this year include 12 Wishes of Christmas, Mandie and the Forgotten Christmas, Holiday Heist, A Golden Christmas 2, Christmas Mail, and A Christmas Kiss. It all kicks off on Sunday, Nov. 27 at 1pm and the highlight of the day is the primetime movie 12 Wishes of Christmas starring Elisa Donovan, Gabrielle Carteris, Sarah Thompson, and Fred Willard. Among the other stars on the six all-new holiday movies are Lacey Chabert, Vivica Fox, Chris Kattan, Julie Gonzalo, Bruce Davison, Kelly Stables, Alley Mills and Nicholas Brendon.
As for the regular schedule, this means the Sunday night George Lopez block is on hiatus for the holidays starting Nov. 27, but you can still catch the series in filler airings from time-to-time in the early afternoon. The series recently lost its other regular airings, such as Thursday and Friday afternoons. ION Television has a whole lot of Criminal Minds, Without a Trace, Ghost Whisperer, Monk and Psych dominating the regular schedule. ION also started airing new episodes of Flashpoint on Tuesday nights (since Oct. 18), with the premiere night delivering the network's highest-rated night of the season. The Flashpoint network premiere at 10pm ET/PT delivered 1.3 million total viewers, 949,000 households, and 589,000 viewers among A18-49 on that night. ION Television also ranked #9 among all cable networks for the night.
Among marathons, ION has a Thanksgiving Day movie marathon and a Criminal Minds marathon the day after from 4pm-3am. Stay with us for further updates, but as of now, this is all to report.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of November 14-18, 2011, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, November 14, 2011
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron and his daughter Bryce Dallas appear on NBC's Today between 7-9am and later he will be on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Mr. Warmth stops by LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect) - Sherri is a guest on The Chew on ABC at 1pm et/12pt/c.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly appears on Nate Berkus, so check your local listings.
- Angela Kinsey (The Office) - Catch Angela on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days) - Henry guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Melissa is a guest on Anderson, so check your local listings.
- Rico Rodriguez (Modern Family) - The funny and talented Rico appears on Nate Berkus, so check your local listings.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Watch Jerry on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Robin Williams (Mork & Mindy) - Robin drops by The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Improvement) - Tim is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Angela Kinsey (The Office) - Angela appears as the voice of Geoff on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric visits Good Morning America on ABC between 7-9am.
- Robin Williams (Mork & Mindy) - Robin continues to make the rounds on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings and later he will be on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Megyn Price (Rules of Engagement/Grounded for Life) - Megyn guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Fran Drescher (Happily Divorced/The Nanny) - Fran visits The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch the double Emmy winner Jim on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don continues to make the rounds on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Beth Behrs (2 Broke Girls) - Catch Beth on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell) - Mario guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT and will also be on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/05 - Cheers - The Complete Series
05/12 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete Fourth Season
05/12 - The Hotwives of Orlando - The Complete First Season
05/12 - Mister Ed - The Final (Sixth) Season (Shout! Factory)
05/19 - American Dad - Volume 10
05/19 - C.P.O. Sharkey - The Complete Season 1
05/19 - The Larry Sanders Show - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Nine (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - NewsRadio - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete First Season
05/26 - Hello Ladies - Season 1
05/26 - The Nanny - The Complete Series
05/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Third Season
05/26 - The Wonder Years - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, May 6
The Middle - "Mother's Day Reservations" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Tired of getting lousy Mother’s Day gifts year-after-year, Frankie informs Mike that she wants him to take her out for a proper afternoon tea. But Mike’s ineptness at setting up reservations online could end in disaster. Meanwhile, Mike orders Axl, Sue and Brick to put some effort into choosing a great Mother’s Day gift for Frankie; and Frankie doesn’t get the answers she was expecting when she asks each of the kids what things they would do differently than her when they become parents.
The Goldbergs - "Bill/Murray" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
As Erica works on her application to Julliard, Adam and Beverly think she needs to do something big to stand out, so they decide to create a music video starring Erica. However, the music video does not go as Adam planned. Meanwhile, Murray ends up bonding with Lainey’s dad Bill, and Murray learns what it means to be a real friend.
Modern Family - "Patriot Games" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Alex’s worst nightmare is realized when she gets news that she has to share the Valedictorian title with her number one competitor, Sunjay! Both sets of parents get equally caught up in the rivalry and convince Principal Brown to let them break the tie via a gym grade they both have not completed – a one mile run. Elsewhere, Gloria is studying for her upcoming U.S. citizenship test and a visit from Javier (guest star Benjamin Bratt) throws her off her game, and Mitch and Cam blindly agree to join a protest against a local restaurant that they are actually secretly excited about.
black-ish - "Please Don't Ask, Please Don't Tell" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dre’s sister, Rhonda (guest star Raven-Symone), is in town for Mother’s Day and although she hasn’t come out to the family, everyone knows she’s gay – except Ruby (guest star Jenifer Lewis) — and Bow thinks Dre should tell her the truth. Meanwhile, Zoey tries to help Junior have better ‘gaydar,’ and Diane and Jack compete to see who will have the perfect Mother’s Day gift.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Ferris Wheel" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi creates an awkward situation for Josh when she comes up with a creative gift idea for Shauna.
Hot in Cleveland - "All About Elka" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Victoria directs her mother and son in a musical. Elka auditions for a part. Joy and Melanie try to fire a touchy-feely waiter.
The Soul Man - "Wife of a Preacherman" (TV Land, 11:00PM ET/PT)
In Boyce and Barton’s absence, Lolli must deliver a last-minute sermon. The congregation responds positively and much to Boyce’s chagrin, Lolli gets the preaching bug. Meanwhile, Stamps wants to date a single mom.
Schitt's Creek - "Town for Sale" (Pop, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Johnny finds a potential buyer for the town; David and Alexis realize they have become attached to Schitt's Creek.
Wednesday, May 6
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Watch Martin on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Dana Carvey (One of the Boys) - Dana visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Helen Hunt (Mad About You/It Takes Two) - Helen appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS. She will also be on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Alan Thicke (Unusally Thicke/Growing Pains) - Alan talks about the new season of his POP show Unusually Thicke on NBC's Today in the 9am hour, on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations, and on HuffPost Live at 2pm.
- Jennie Garth (Mystery Girls/What I Like About You) - Jennie opens up about her recent engagement, her plans for the summer and more on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry co-hosts Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company/She's the Sheriff/Step by Step) - Suzanne teaches us about hidden toxins in our daily lives and discusses her new book on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Free Agents) - Kathryn talks about her role in the new comedy She's Funny That Way and shares details on starring in the Showtime series Happyish on HuffPost Live at 2:30pm and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Raven-Symoné (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven-Symoné guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jeff Garlin (The Goldbergs/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Jeff guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Brad Garrett ('Til Death/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Brad will be on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Titus Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Scmmidht) - Titus talks about Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) - Candace talks about her Hallmark Channel original movie Just the Way You Are, which premieres May 9 at 9pm/8c, on Fox & Friends at 7:30am on Fox News Channel.