Monday, November 21, 2011
ABC Midseason 2012 Schedule; Watch TV Land's The Exes Before It Premieres; Arrested Development Returns In 2013 With New Episodes On Netflix
Late on Friday ABC announced most of its midseason 2012 schedule. We already knew that The Bachelor is returning on Monday, Jan. 2, 2012 to kick-off the midseason line-up, but now we know much more. On Tuesday, Jan. 3, ABC will premiere new multi-camera sitcom Work It at 8:30pm following Tim Allen's Last Man Standing at 8pm. Work It will be replacing Man Up!, which will not be moving forward after its 13 episode order. It is unclear if all 13 will end up airing, but as of now 8 are scheduled to air with the eighth one scheduled for Dec. 6. Should ABC decide to burn the rest of them off in December, eleven episodes should air so two would still remain to be aired. We'll keep an eye on this of course and let you know. Back to midseason, also on Tuesday, Jan. 3, ABC will air a celebrity version of Wife Swap titled Celebrity Wife Swap on Tuesdays at 9pm in January. Six episodes were ordered, but as of now only 4 will air, as one week in late January will be the State of the Union. Come Tuesday, Feb. 7, ABC will premiere the much anticipated new drama The River at 9pm for seven weeks (eight episodes, so one week will be two-hours). Promos for the drama have started and have been airing all weekend, so watch that here. The drama will be keeping the timeslot warm for Dancing with the Stars: The Results when it returns Tuesday, March 27 (more info on this below).
ABC will have a winter edition of Wipeout ready to go starting Thursday, Jan. 5 at 8pm (in addition to the Deck the Balls holiday episode airing on Dec. 8). About eight episodes have been ordered, but it will be scheduled for ten weeks, so a repeat or preemption will be in there. Starting Thursday, March 15, the timeslot will be given to new drama Missing starring Ashely Judd. The new drama has an episode order for 10 episodes, so it will air for the rest of the season. Moving on to Fridays, ABC will air an all-new season of the hit reality series Shark Tank on Friday nights at 8pm starting Friday, Feb. 3, as 13 episodes were ordered (ten with Mark Cuban as a shark). We assume Extreme Makeover: Home Edition will be trimmed down to an hour and will air at 9pm, but we're still confirming that. ABC also has new episodes of the popular series Primetime: What Would You Do? they can air sometime this midseason. On to Sundays, ABC has ordered an extra episode of Pan Am, so 14 episodes will air this season and it remains in contention for a second season, though we won't know its fate until upfront. The freshman drama will air through February (finale likely on Feb. 19), with new drama GCB starring Leslie Bibb and Kristin Chenoweth starting Sunday, March 4 at 10pm. ABC has ordered 10 episodes of this drama and will air it through May 6 likely, with the Desperate Housewives series finale event likely happening on May 13. Promos for this new drama has been airing randomly this fall, watch it here.
Finally, as mentioned earlier, Dancing with the Stars will return for season 14 this March. The performance show premiere will be Monday, March 19 from 8-10pm, after The Bachelor concludes its run. As always in the spring, the first results show won't be until eight days later, with the results show premiering on Tuesday, March 27 at 9pm. ABC hasn't announced yet what will air at 10pm on Tuesdays in the spring, but in a vote of confidence, sophomore drama Body of Proof has been given three more episodes, bringing its episode total to 20 for the season. The drama should finish its run though by mid-March, but then an unscheduled series should be airing. Premiere dates for the unscheduled Cougar Town, Don't Trust the B---- In Apartment 23, Scandal, Primetime: What Would You Do? and Secret Millionaire will be announced at a later date, so stay tuned. So where will these be scheduled is the question. Read my thoughts on where these series will likely be ending up. Cougar Town's third season will now be 15 episodes though rather than 22, because of so many series ABC has ordered. ABC also has the four-hour miniseries event Titanic ready to air in the spring in conjunction to the 100th anniversary of the ship's crash. And finally, ABC has a sitcom pilot they are taping next month that could be a player for them this spring. It's a new multicamera sitcom starring Kirstie Alley titled The Manzanis. Should it be picked-up, it could be paired with Tim Allen's Last Man Standing when Work It finishes up its 13 episode run.http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
Read more about the ABC midseason 2012 schedule that was announced and stay with us for further information as soon as we get it!
Yahoo! TV has an exclusive first look at the full premiere episode of the upcoming TV Land original sitcom The Exes before it airs! TV Land is poised to launch this new comedy starring veteran actors Donald Faison (Scrubs), Kristen Johnston (3rd Rock from the Sun) and Wayne Knight (Seinfeld) about starting over after a divorce.
The Exes centers on Stuart (David Alan Basche), a newly divorced man whose divorce attorney, Holly (Johnston), helps him move in with two other divorced guys, Phil (Faison) and Haskell (Knight). Holly's assistant, Eden (Kelly Stables), keeps an eye on Holly's work schedule -- and personal life. Oh, and did we mention Holly is also the landlord of the guys' building and lives right across the hall? Let the old-school sitcom hi-jinks ensue!
See the premiere in its entirety before it premieres ob TV Land on Wednesday, November 30 (at 10:30pm following the third season premiere of Hot in Cleveland) only on Yahoo! TV.
As we broke on Digital Digest, in a landmark deal, all-new episodes of the Emmy Award-winning comedy series Arrested Development will be coming exclusively to Netflix for its U.S. members to watch instantly, beginning in the first half of 2013. For the first time in their histories, Twentieth Century Fox Television and Imagine Television will produce original first-run entertainment content for the world's leading internet subscription service, bringing back the acclaimed series to production on all-new episodes five years after its cancellation on Fox. One of Time Magazine's "100 Best TV Shows of All-TIME," the tale of the formerly wealthy, deeply eccentric Bluth clan aired for three seasons, 2003-2006, on Fox and was honored with the Emmy award for Outstanding Comedy Series after its first season on the air.
The Emmy-winning comedy had its final broadcast on February 10, 2006 and concerned Michael Bluth (Jason Bateman) and his eccentric family comprised of his son George Michael (Michael Cera), his father George Bluth Sr. (Jeffrey Tambor), his mother Lucille (Jessica Walter), his brothers George Oscar Bluth II (Will Arnett), Buster Bluth (Tony Hale) and sister Lindsay Funke (Portia de Rossi), and Lindsay's husband Tobias (David Cross) and their daughter Maeby (Alia Shawkat). Henry Winkler and Scott Baio also appeared on the series. We will have more on this as we get near 2013, but the Bluths are coming back!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)
07/07 - Archie Bunker's Place - Season One (Mill Creek)
07/07 - Barney Miller - The Final (Eighth) Season
07/07 - Married with Children - Season Eleven (Mill Creek)
07/07 - Married with Children - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
07/07 - The Michael J. Fox Show - The Complete First Season
07/07 - Playing House - Season 1
07/14 - Growing Pains - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
07/14 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Third Season
07/28 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites - Season 7
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, July 31
Bunk'd - "Welcome to Camp Kikiwaka" (Disney Channel, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Upon arriving at camp, the Ross kids discover that the camp owner, Gladys, is scarier than the legendary creature haunting the grounds; Gladys' old rivalry with the kids' mom sparks her fury.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Vegas" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Troy and Danny inevitably do something stupid in Las Vegas.
Friday, July 31
- Ed Helms (The Office) - Watch Ed on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Brie Larson (United States of Tara/Raising Dad) - Brie is a guest on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Carla Gugino (The Brink/Spin City) - Tune in to see Carla on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Jim appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Bridgit Mendler (Undateable/Good Luck Charlie) - Bridgit is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- George Lopez (George Lopez/Saint George) - George talks about his movie Spare Parts on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Anne Heche (Save Me/The Michael J. Fox Show) - Anne is a guest on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Laurence Fishburne (black-ish) - Laurence appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Rocky Carroll (Roc) - Rocky is a guest on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Jesse/Married with Children) - Christina can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM Hits 1.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David dishes on his new book, new music, and new show on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Brooke Burns (Miss Guided/Out of the Blue) - Brooke discusses her upcoming ing Hallmark Movies & Mysteries original Gourmet Detective: A Healthy Place to Die on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret is a guest on The Boris and Nicole Show on select Fox-owned stations, so check your local listings.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Denis Leary (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/The Job) - Denis is a guest on Popcorn with Peter Travers on ABC News.
- Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor/Breaking In) - Michael will be on People Now.
- Damon Wayans, Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) - Damon appears on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.