Thursday, November 24, 2011
Before we let you all go back to your families (or special friends), we want to let you know the marathons on TV you and your family might want to watch during the day and after Thanksgiving dinner. We love TV marathons and you all come here on each holiday to see what marathons are airing, so as always we will do that today, too, of course!
We have told you about many of the sitcom related marathons already in our regular news stories. Our pick of the weekend is the Three's Company marathon today (Thanksgiving Day) from 1pm-1am ET on Antenna TV! Non-stop laughter with episodes featuring all three blondes--Chrissy, Cindy and Terri. TV Land has its annual Overstuffed Weekend with a marathon of The Andy Griffith Show on Thanksgiving Day from 8am-6:30pm. The fun continues all weekend long with a marathon of Hot in Cleveland. Nick at Nite has a Friends marathon that started last night and will run through Sunday night, all-night long. BET and Centric have sitcom marathons today through Sunday. Centric will feature a Proud Family marathon today from 9am-6am, while sister network BET will feature a My Wife & Kids marathon from 8am-6pm. BET then will air a marathon of original sitcom Read Between the Lines from 6pm-1am tonight. On to Friday, BET has The Parkers marathon from 8am-12am, while Centric will present a Sister, Sister marathon from 9am-6am. Then the weekend will feature a Steve Harvey Show marathon on Centric, while BET will have a marathon of Everybody Hates Chris on Saturday and Bernie Mac on Sunday. MTV2 will feature a Martin marathon today from 3pm-9pm. And New York City is lucky to have a marathon again of The Odd Couple today on WPIX from 11am-5pm! So yeah we told you about all these already either recently or many moons ago.
We didn't get a chance to mention IFC's Arrested Development Thanksgiving Day marathon airing today from 6am-6am. Tomorrow they will also feature a Malcolm in the Middle marathon but from 6pm-10pm. TV Guide Channel will present a Designing Women marathon today from 3pm-8pm, following Thanksgiving episodes of their various series from 11am-3pm. While MTV2 has a Martin marathon, TV One will feature an earlier marathon from 6am-4pm. TBS has a Tyler Perry marathon tomorrow starting at 9:30am with his movies, House of Payne and Meet the Browns, along with new series For Better or Worse. GMC on Saturday will feature its regular Sister, Sister and 227 blocks, but a Cosby marathon will follow from 4pm-7pm. And Oxygen has a Roseanne marathon from 7am-7pm. There are a lot of sitcom marathons this season!
Non-sitcom wise, we told you about SOAPnet's Walker Family Thanksgiving Marathon with a marathon of Brothers & Sisters today from 5pm-1am. ION Television has a Criminal Minds marathon tomorrow from 4pm-3am. INSP has marathon of The Big Valley tomorrow. For things we haven't told you yet, USA Network will have a NCIS marathon today starting at 10am, while a Bones marathon airs on TNT from 10am-8pm, followed by CSI: NY in primetime from 8pm-2am. Other notables for Thanksgiving Thursday include a Star Trek: The Next Generation marathon on BBC America starting at 8am, a Buffy the Vampire Slayer marathon on Chiller from 6am-4pm, a Firefly marathon on Saturday on Science Channel, and a The Waltons marathon on GMC from 12pm-11pm. We also have a Deal or No Deal marathon on GSN from 8am-12am, a Law & Order: Criminal Intent marathon on Oxygen from 7pm-2am, American Guns marathon on Discovery Channel, Top Chef marathon on Bravo from 6am-12pm, Cake Boss marathon on TLC, Supernanny marathon on style, and many many movies marathons on networks like ABC Family, Chiller, Cloo, Lifetime, ReelzChannel, and Syfy's James Bond Movies marathon. VS. has a Rocky movie marathon.
Check out more TV marathons on Thanksgiving weekend, from our friends at TV Tango!
And don't forget classic holiday specials, as tonight at 8pm on ABC the holiday classic A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving airs. It's an annual tradition to watch! Can't get enough of old Chuck! If you haven't seen it already, view our 2011 Network TV Holiday Specials and Movies Guide, so you don't miss anything on network TV this holiday season. This morning & Friday morning, watch MeTV for the "MeTV Merry-Thon" special. Classic cartoons, including Casper's Haunted Christmas, The Little Drummer Boy and A Snow White Christmas will air. And also view our ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas schedule, because that is the place to be as always during the holiday season with classics like A Flintstone Christmas and Mickey's Christmas Carol and soooooooooo many more!
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, August 23
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bet" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake and Amy’s ongoing bet about who can make more arrests comes to a close. Meanwhile, Charles receives the Medal of Valor for getting shot in the line of duty, but the pain medication he is taking causes him to reveal his true opinions about his colleagues.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Pontiac Bandit" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake is interested in one of Rosa’s perps, Doug Judy (Guest Star Craig Robinson, “The Office”), who has information about the “Pontiac Bandit”, a car thief whom Jake has been tracking for years. Meanwhile, the station tries to accommodate a scooter-bound Charles’ every need when he returns to work, but he proves to be too much to handle. And Captain Holt struggles to find a home for two puppies.
Sunday, August 24
- Maggie Wheeler (Friends/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Maggie talks about how she won the role of Janice on Friends and what it has done for her career on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm Et/PT on OWN. She will also share about her family life and her latest projects. They will also have a special tribute to Robin Williams, with Oprah's favorite moments from Robin Williams' 14 appearances on the Oprah show.
- Michael Cera (Arrested Development) - Watch Michael on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress) - Catch John on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Simon is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Josh Meyers (That '70s Show) - Josh appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Jim chats on a repeat of Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Tune in to see Kathy on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Rachael Harris (Surviving Jack/My Boys/In the Motherhood) - Rachael is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Brittany Daniel (The Game/That '80s Show) - Brittany chats on a repeat of Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer shares her fitness secrets on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Anna Chlumsky (Veep) - Anna will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.