Tuesday, July 26, 2011
WGN America Fall 2011 Schedule; MeTV Network Celebrates Lucille Ball's 100th Birthday With 100 Episodes of Lucy Series
Premiering first on WGN America this fall will be 'Til Death starting Monday, Sept. 12, 2011. The Brad Garrett comedy will air weeknights at 3:00am & 3:30am, replacing Paid Programming. It will also air on Saturday nights at 3:00am & 3:30am. The sitcom will also be entering broadcast syndication, so check your listings. WGN America will also add an hour of Dharma & Greg at 4:00am & 4:30am starting Sept. 12 replacing Star Trek: The Next Generation, which leaves syndication. And we mentioned in the past, Entourage and Curb Your Enthusiasm will be leaving syndication after just one season due to low ratings, and WGN America will replace them with two-hours of AFV from 1am-3am, for the week of Sept. 12 only.
The actual fall schedule will begin a week later on Monday, Sept. 19, 2011. First up, classic TV fans will see Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie move into the 8am hour with an episode each replacing an hour of The Beverly Hillbillies, which will be leaving the schedule. The morning and afternoon dramas will remain intact with back-to-back Matlock and In The Heat of the Night from 9am-1pm, followed by a News break, then two airings of Walker, Texas Ranger at 2pm & 3pm. The 4pm hour will now be an hour of the 80s/90s comedy Cheers, replacing Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie, which moved to mornings. The 5pm hour will see back-to-back episodes of new acquisition Mad About You, replacing Cheers. The 6pm hour will now have Old Christine, as it replaces Dharma & Greg, which will be moving to 4am. AFV will remain at 7pm.
In primetime, new addition 30 Rock and How I Met Your Mother will fill the block from 8-10pm. 30 Rock will air for two-hours on Mondays and How I Met Your Mother will be two-hours on Thursday, due to network conflicts from NBC and CBS. After a break at 10pm for the news, the new late night line-up begins with lots of comedy. Scrubs will continue to kick-it off at 11pm, but its 11:30pm airing will now be a 30 Rock airing. The duo will air on Saturday nights as well from 11pm-12am. At midnight, WGN America will premiere It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia airing Mon-Sat from 12-1am replacing South Park, but that comedy will air later in the night. Sunny will also air Saturday nights from 1-2am, creating a 12-2am block on Saturday nights. Who needs SNL? Next, Sunny will lead into another new acquisition, the animated comedy Futurama which will air Mon-Fri from 1-2am replacing Entourage/Curb Your Enthusiasm. Bender and company will also air Saturday nights from 2-3am. South Park will move to weeknights at 2am & 2:30am replacing another hour of Entourage/Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Weekends are pretty much the same with In the Heat of the Night, Walker Texas Ranger and Law & Order: Criminal Intent pretty much covering daytime on Saturdays, but Bones will be leaving the line-up so an airing each of The Unit and America's Funniest Home Videos will air in primetime. Saturday late nights will be comedies, as we mentioned above, from 11pm-4am, followed by a movie at 4am. Sundays will have Matlock and In the Heat of the Night start it off at 9am followed by movies. Scrubs will remain in the 5pm hour, followed by Old Christine at 6pm. At 7pm, an episode of 30 Rock will air replacing How I Met Your Mother, which will still air its Sunday block but now from 7:30pm-10pm. The news follows at 10pm, with three airings of Monk remaining from 11pm-2am, followed by a movie and AFV at 5am.
View the FULL WGN America Fall 2011 schedule. Stay tuned tomorrow for another cable fall 2011 schedule and also updates from the TCA Summer 2011 press tour, which starts today.
It's a weekend long tribute to America's favorite redhead on MeTV Network! MeTV Network presents "Lucy's 100th Birthday Celebration," featuring 100 of the most popular episodes of I Love Lucy, We Love Lucy and The Lucy Show. The party starts on Friday, August 5 at 12AM ET/11PM CT, and the festivities end on Monday, August 8 at 8AM ET/7 AM CT (The selection of Lucille Ball series and episodes may vary by market, so check your local MeTV Network listings).
This tribute carries on the MeTV Network tradition of paying homage to the lives and careers of classic TV stars. Click here to watch the promo. Currently, MeTV Network is on-air and under contract in more than 50% of the country. Stations to recently launch MeTV include: WFMZ-TV in Philadelphia/Allentown, WESH-TV in Orlando, WLWT-TV in Cincinnati, KCCI-TV in Des Moines and WKOW-TV in Madison, WI.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)
04/07 - Barney Miller - The Complete Seventh Season
04/07 - The Brady Bunch - The Complete Series
04/07 - The Crazy Ones - The Complete First Season
04/07 - Frasier - The Complete Series
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 9th Season
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 10th Season
04/07 - 1600 Penn - The Complete Season 1
04/07 - Wanda at Large - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
04/07 - Wilfred - The Complete Season 4
04/14 - Growing Pains - The Complete Fourth Season (WBShop.com)
04/21 - What's Happening!! - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
04/28 - I Love Lucy - I Love Mom Edition
04/28 - The Jeffersons - Season Seven
04/28 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites: Season 5
04/28 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, April 27
2 Broke Girls - "And the Look of the Irish" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Max and Caroline try to break Nash (Austin Falk) into the modeling business in an effort to bring in extra money acting as his managers. Also, Sophie and Oleg attempt to keep celibate for 30 days before their wedding.
Mike & Molly - "Mother From Another Mudlick" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Mike meets his Aunt Rosemary for the first time and is instantly smitten by her warmth and positive attitude – which is the polar opposite of his mother.
Monday, April 27
- Jane Krakowski (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/30 Rock) - Watch Jane on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - Henry visits Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Pollak (Mom/Work with Me) - Kevin is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Tom Rhodes (Mr. Rhodes) - Tom appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe chats on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) - Kunal drops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men/The Famous Teddy Z) - Jon appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Casey Wilson (Marry Me/Happy Endings) - Casey is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. She sets the record straight on the Hollywood controversy and the important life change that helped her lose 100 pounds on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Penelope Ann Miller (A Minute with Stan Hooper/The Popcorn Kid) - Penelope chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. She talks about her latest role in ABC's American Crime on HuffPost Live at 2pm.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.