Tuesday, July 26, 2011
WGN America Fall 2011 Schedule; MeTV Network Celebrates Lucille Ball's 100th Birthday With 100 Episodes of Lucy Series
Premiering first on WGN America this fall will be 'Til Death starting Monday, Sept. 12, 2011. The Brad Garrett comedy will air weeknights at 3:00am & 3:30am, replacing Paid Programming. It will also air on Saturday nights at 3:00am & 3:30am. The sitcom will also be entering broadcast syndication, so check your listings. WGN America will also add an hour of Dharma & Greg at 4:00am & 4:30am starting Sept. 12 replacing Star Trek: The Next Generation, which leaves syndication. And we mentioned in the past, Entourage and Curb Your Enthusiasm will be leaving syndication after just one season due to low ratings, and WGN America will replace them with two-hours of AFV from 1am-3am, for the week of Sept. 12 only.
The actual fall schedule will begin a week later on Monday, Sept. 19, 2011. First up, classic TV fans will see Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie move into the 8am hour with an episode each replacing an hour of The Beverly Hillbillies, which will be leaving the schedule. The morning and afternoon dramas will remain intact with back-to-back Matlock and In The Heat of the Night from 9am-1pm, followed by a News break, then two airings of Walker, Texas Ranger at 2pm & 3pm. The 4pm hour will now be an hour of the 80s/90s comedy Cheers, replacing Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie, which moved to mornings. The 5pm hour will see back-to-back episodes of new acquisition Mad About You, replacing Cheers. The 6pm hour will now have Old Christine, as it replaces Dharma & Greg, which will be moving to 4am. AFV will remain at 7pm.
In primetime, new addition 30 Rock and How I Met Your Mother will fill the block from 8-10pm. 30 Rock will air for two-hours on Mondays and How I Met Your Mother will be two-hours on Thursday, due to network conflicts from NBC and CBS. After a break at 10pm for the news, the new late night line-up begins with lots of comedy. Scrubs will continue to kick-it off at 11pm, but its 11:30pm airing will now be a 30 Rock airing. The duo will air on Saturday nights as well from 11pm-12am. At midnight, WGN America will premiere It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia airing Mon-Sat from 12-1am replacing South Park, but that comedy will air later in the night. Sunny will also air Saturday nights from 1-2am, creating a 12-2am block on Saturday nights. Who needs SNL? Next, Sunny will lead into another new acquisition, the animated comedy Futurama which will air Mon-Fri from 1-2am replacing Entourage/Curb Your Enthusiasm. Bender and company will also air Saturday nights from 2-3am. South Park will move to weeknights at 2am & 2:30am replacing another hour of Entourage/Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Weekends are pretty much the same with In the Heat of the Night, Walker Texas Ranger and Law & Order: Criminal Intent pretty much covering daytime on Saturdays, but Bones will be leaving the line-up so an airing each of The Unit and America's Funniest Home Videos will air in primetime. Saturday late nights will be comedies, as we mentioned above, from 11pm-4am, followed by a movie at 4am. Sundays will have Matlock and In the Heat of the Night start it off at 9am followed by movies. Scrubs will remain in the 5pm hour, followed by Old Christine at 6pm. At 7pm, an episode of 30 Rock will air replacing How I Met Your Mother, which will still air its Sunday block but now from 7:30pm-10pm. The news follows at 10pm, with three airings of Monk remaining from 11pm-2am, followed by a movie and AFV at 5am.
View the FULL WGN America Fall 2011 schedule. Stay tuned tomorrow for another cable fall 2011 schedule and also updates from the TCA Summer 2011 press tour, which starts today.
It's a weekend long tribute to America's favorite redhead on MeTV Network! MeTV Network presents "Lucy's 100th Birthday Celebration," featuring 100 of the most popular episodes of I Love Lucy, We Love Lucy and The Lucy Show. The party starts on Friday, August 5 at 12AM ET/11PM CT, and the festivities end on Monday, August 8 at 8AM ET/7 AM CT (The selection of Lucille Ball series and episodes may vary by market, so check your local MeTV Network listings).
This tribute carries on the MeTV Network tradition of paying homage to the lives and careers of classic TV stars. Click here to watch the promo. Currently, MeTV Network is on-air and under contract in more than 50% of the country. Stations to recently launch MeTV include: WFMZ-TV in Philadelphia/Allentown, WESH-TV in Orlando, WLWT-TV in Cincinnati, KCCI-TV in Des Moines and WKOW-TV in Madison, WI.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - Season Seven - The Farewell Season
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series
06/02 - Soap - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
06/02 - The Abbott and Costello Show - The Ultimate Collection
06/09 - The Facts of Life - Season Six
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 7 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 7 & 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series
06/16 - The Odd Couple - The Complete Series
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Twelfth and Final Season
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Series
06/23 - George Lopez - The Complete Fourth Season
06/23 - Workaholics - Season Five (Blu-ray)
06/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 3 (MPI Home Video)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, July 6
2 Broke Girls - "And a Loan for Christmas" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Max and Caroline get a bank loan so they can mass produce their cupcake t-shirts to sell at high-end boutiques.
Mike & Molly - "Buy the Book" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Molly’s excited her book is finally out and available for purchase, but worries obsessively that no one will buy it.
Odd Mom Out - "Midwife Crisis" (Bravo, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Jill gets a frantic call from Brooke who is going into labor a day before her scheduled cesarean section; when the ambulance refuses to take Brooke to the upscale hospital of her choice, Jill must rely on her wits to deliver the baby.
Monday, July 6
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Watch Melissa on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Hannah Simone (New Girl) - Hannah appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Tune in to see Cristela on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry Ferrara (Entourage) - Jerry is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Damon Wayans Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) - Damon appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Nick drops by The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- John O'Hurley (Seinfeld) - John appears on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Lea Thompson (Caroline in the City) - Lea is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Raven-Symone (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven-Symone chats on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Zachary Levi (Less Than Perfect) - Zachary talks about Geeks Who Drink on NBC's Today in the 10am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He will also be on People Now and the AOL Build Show.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Malibu Country/Less Than Perfect) - Sara discusses her new TV Land comedy Impastor on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Ashley Tisdale (Clipped/The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) - Ashley is tentatively scheduled to appear on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Sheryl Lee Ralph (Instant Mom/Moesha/It's a Living) - Sheryl is tentatively scheduled to be part of the Plugged-In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso appears on The Boris and Nicole Show, which airs on select Fox-owned stations, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Ari Parker (Second Time Around) - Nicole and her husband Boris Kodjoe are guests on People Now.