Thursday, May 26, 2011
We won't reveal the exact timeslots yet for Mad About You and 'Til Death, because we have our annual fall schedules posts coming up this summer where we will reveal the full schedules for all the cable networks who air comedies.
As previously announced, WGN America will launch the syndication premieres of 30 Rock, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Futurama this fall as well in the late night block following Scrubs. After just one season in syndication, Warner Bros. will remove Curb Your Enthusiasm and Entourage from syndication (on WGN America and local stations), due to low ratings.
Just how will all these sitcoms be scheduled? Stay with us this summer and you'll find out!
CBS has announced some summer schedule updates. First, they will burn-off the 10 remaining episodes of the canceled drama series Chaos starting this Saturday from 8-10pm. The drama will then move to 8pm the following week for eight weeks. And it looks like we have seen the last of canceled comedy Mad Love and the canceled Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior. CBS will not be airing repeats in the summer, as How I Met Your Mother will also repeat at 8:30pm on Monday nights instead of Mad Love. As of now, this will run through June, but could be extended longer. Meanwhile, Friday drama Blue Bloods will take over for Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior for four weeks starting June 1, before CSI moves into its new night and time starting Wednesday, June 29. The long-running crime drama will be airing new episodes on this night and time starting in September. The Thursdays at 9pm airings will be ending June 30, as Big Brother will take over in July.
In other updates, CBS will air repeats of Undercover Boss on Wednesdays at 8pm for four weeks starting June 8 before Big Brother takes over in July. Sundays at 8pm will be also Big Brother starting in July, but before that, look for a mix of crime repeats and award shows on the night.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Cooper Extraction" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
While Sheldon is away in Texas, everyone gathers to decorate the apartment Christmas tree, and they each realize how much he has changed their lives.
The Millers - "Carol's Parents Are Coming to Town" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Carol's overbearing mother and father announce they’re coming to visit for Christmas, Carol recruits Nate and Tom to cover up their failed relationships and present a happy facade. However, Nate begins to believe the lie, and considers getting back together with his ex, Janice. June Squibb and Jerry Van Dyke guest star as Carol's parents. Eliza Coupe returns as Nathan’s ex-wife.
The Crazy Ones - "The Intern" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Sydney’s insecurities about how she is perceived resurface when the bratty daughter of an important client becomes their intern. Ashley Tisdale guest stars as Lewis, Roberts and Roberts’ latest intern.
Two and a Half Men - "On Vodka, On Soda, On Blender, On Mixer!" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Walden helps Jenny get a second date with a one-night stand and Alan’s transgender girlfriend’s ex-wife hits on him. Meanwhile, in the spirit of the holidays, Alan receives a Japanese delicacy from Jake for Christmas, and Walden’s Malibu house is alive with questionable Christmas carol lyrics. Aly Michalka guest stars as Jenny’s one-night stand, Paula Marshall returns as Alan’s transgender girlfriend and Diane Farr guest stars as her ex-wife.
Sean Saves the World - "Best Friends for Never" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Sean (Sean Hayes) finds a new best friend, Tippy (guest star Sarah Baker) who proves to be a handful, after discovering a secret Liz (Megan Hilty) has been keeping. Meanwhile, Max (Thomas Lennon) strong-arms Hunter (Echo Kellum) and Sean to help fix a bulky mistake he made.
The Michael J. Fox Show - "Christmas" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Mike (Michael J. Fox) and Annie's (Betsy Brandt) awesome gift exchange hits a snag when Mike learns he has to anchor the news on Christmas Eve. Ian (Conor Romero) tries to keep the magic of Christmas alive for Graham (Jack Gore). After attending a friend's Hanukkah celebration, Eve (Juliette Goglia) becomes intrigued by the ideals of Judaism. With special guest star: Sting.
Ground Floor - "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
When Jenny and Mansfield each invite Brody to the same baseball game, Brody has to make a choice. Sit in the nosebleeds with his girlfriend or in the luxury box with his mentor. He ends up making neither happy and has to put things right with a gesture that has the whole stadium watching. Meanwhile Threepeat jockeys for position with Mansfield, and Harvard ends up out of his element in the wonderland that is the company luxury suite.
Anger Management - "Charlie and Lacey Shack Up" (FX, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Charlie's hot, bad-girl patient, Lacey, gets sentenced to house arrest and moves in with Charlie.
Thursday, December 12
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A.) - Catch Scott on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Alexis Knapp (Ground Floor) - Alexis drops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tim Conway (McHale's Navy/Rango) - Tim is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ellie Kemper (The Office) - Ellie appears on The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Debra Messing and Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - Debra and Eric reunite on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- John C. McGinley (Ground Floor/Scrubs) - John shares behind-the-scenes stories from his new sitcom Ground Floor on Home & Family at 10am on Hallmark Channel.
- Soleil Moon Frye (Punky Brewster/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch) - Soleil stops by Home & Family at 10am on Hallmark Channel.
- Megan Mullally (Will & Grace/Breaking In) - Megan is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam will be on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/Reno 911!) - Niecy appears on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York at 9:05am.
- The Murphy Brown Cast Reunion - Murphy Brown stars Candice Bergen, Faith Ford, Charles Kimbrough, Joe Regalbuto and Grant Shaud along with creator Diane English reunite to share behind-the-scenes stories in celebration for the show's 25th Anniversary on Katie, so check your local listings.