Thursday, May 26, 2011
We won't reveal the exact timeslots yet for Mad About You and 'Til Death, because we have our annual fall schedules posts coming up this summer where we will reveal the full schedules for all the cable networks who air comedies.
As previously announced, WGN America will launch the syndication premieres of 30 Rock, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Futurama this fall as well in the late night block following Scrubs. After just one season in syndication, Warner Bros. will remove Curb Your Enthusiasm and Entourage from syndication (on WGN America and local stations), due to low ratings.
Just how will all these sitcoms be scheduled? Stay with us this summer and you'll find out!
CBS has announced some summer schedule updates. First, they will burn-off the 10 remaining episodes of the canceled drama series Chaos starting this Saturday from 8-10pm. The drama will then move to 8pm the following week for eight weeks. And it looks like we have seen the last of canceled comedy Mad Love and the canceled Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior. CBS will not be airing repeats in the summer, as How I Met Your Mother will also repeat at 8:30pm on Monday nights instead of Mad Love. As of now, this will run through June, but could be extended longer. Meanwhile, Friday drama Blue Bloods will take over for Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior for four weeks starting June 1, before CSI moves into its new night and time starting Wednesday, June 29. The long-running crime drama will be airing new episodes on this night and time starting in September. The Thursdays at 9pm airings will be ending June 30, as Big Brother will take over in July.
In other updates, CBS will air repeats of Undercover Boss on Wednesdays at 8pm for four weeks starting June 8 before Big Brother takes over in July. Sundays at 8pm will be also Big Brother starting in July, but before that, look for a mix of crime repeats and award shows on the night.
New Girl - "Big News" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The morning after their break-up, Jess and Nick scramble to keep it a secret from the loftmates. Meanwhile, Winston passes his police academy entrance exam, and demands that the gang throw him a "Honey Roast".
The Mindy Project - "Think Like a Peter" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Peter encourages Mindy to think more like a man. To test his advice, they head out to a bar, where they meet Lee (guest star Max Greenfield), a smooth-talking first-grade teacher who is up to no good. Meanwhile, Danny tries to give relationship advice to Tamra.
About a Boy - "About a Slopmaster" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Fiona (Minnie Driver) volunteers to run a project for Marcus’s (Benjamin Stockham) class – a miniature society modeled after Dickensian London. Wanting to be King of the mock economy, Fiona instead selects him as the lowly slopmaster, much to his dismay, prompting him to figure out a clever yet questionable solution to turn things around. Meanwhile, Will (David Walton) takes Marcus out on a spending spree, thanks to his latest royalty check and then does his best to throw the perfect party to impress Sam (guest star Adrianne Palicki).
Growing Up Fisher - "The Man with the Spider Tattoo" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
find a new plus-one for an important charity event, and he’s determined to show his peers that his post-divorce life is going smoothly. Katie (Ava Deluca-Verley) becomes invested in helping her dad find a plus-one, as her secret party at her dad’s apartment is in jeopardy if Mel doesn’t attend the event. Meanwhile, Runyen’s (Lance Lim) mom (guest star Lela Lee) thinks Henry (Eli Baker) is a bad influence on her son, so Joyce (Jenna Elfman) confronts her in order to defend the Fisher family honor.
The Game - "Mommy Dearest" (BET, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chardonnay plans an extravagant vow-renewal ceremony; Malki and Yana have a plan to remove the tension between them.
Let's Stay Together - "Breakdown and Billy Clubs" (BET, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Stacy and Tasha invite themselves on Charles and Jamal's fishing trip; Crystal helps Kita write a love letter to Troy.
Tuesday, April 15
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Catch Jerry on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Wendie Malick (Hot in Cleveland/Just Shoot Me!) - Wendie stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Rash (Community/Help Me Help You) - Jim visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Woods (The Office) - Zach stops by The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm. He will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Billy Bob Thortnon (Hearts Afire) - Billy Bob speaks about the new FX series Fargo on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Don Cheadle (The Golden Palace) - Don appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob talks about his TV career, doing stand-up and his new memoir, Dirty Daddy: The Chronicles of a Family Man Turned Filthy Comedian, on Katie, so check your local listings. He will also be on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is a guest on The Tracy Morgan Show, so check your local listings.
- Doris Roberts (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Doris appears on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi talks about her new Lifetime movie A Day Late and a Dollar Short on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Tichina Arnold (Martin/Everybody Hates Chris/Happily Divorced) - Tichina talks about her new Lifetime movie A Day Late and a Dollar Short on SiriusXM Radio on Morning Jolt with Larry Flick at 9:35am, Hip Hop Nation at 10:05am, and Shade 45 with Sway at 10:30am.
- Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl helps Michael Symon make a winter ratatouille sandwich on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Brandy Norwood (The Game/Moesha) - Brandy will be on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin will be on Pop Sugar Now on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.