Tuesday, July 05, 2011
TV Land August 2011 Highlights; Home Improvement Back on Nick at Nite, To Air Wednesday Late Nights Following The Bundys
For Hot in Cleveland (Wednesdays at 10pm) the season finale is on Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2011 at 10pm. The August 2011 episodes are #222 "Arch Enemies" on Aug. 3, #218 Too Hot For TV (clip show) on Aug. 10, #217 "Indecent Proposals" on Aug. 17, #219 "Bridezelka" on Aug. 24 and the season finale #220 "Elka's Big Day" on Aug. 31. Among the guest stars in August are Buck Henry, Huey Lewis and Cedric the Entertainer. The weekend before the season finale, watch the "Hot in Cleveland Weekend" on TV Land on Saturday, Aug. 27, 2011 from 9am-9pm and Sunday, Aug. 28, 2011 from 9am-12am! More info on this will be released soon, but you'll have two seasons worth of episodes here!
The only other item of note on TV Land August 2011 is the feature film premiere of the blockbuster hit Titanic on Sunday, Aug. 7, 2011 from 9pm-12:30am. This is the only movie airing on TV Land in August, a far cry from what they used to air, as the Monday morning movies will be removed.
A couple of weeks ago we announced the Nick at Nite summer marathons line-up that start July 4. Everything is still on target, but Wednesday nights (starting July 6) will see some time changes and the return of Home Improvement. Wednesdays from 11pm-2am will be Married...with Children, not the planned 11pm-3am slot because Nick at Nite cannot air the series from 2am-7am because TBS has rights during those hours. So because of that, instead of starting Family Matters earlier, they will just bring back Home Improvement and air it from 2am-4am on Wednesday nights leading into Family Matters from 4am-7am. Previously Family Matters was scheduled from 3am-7am. So, it's not a big change, but it does bring back Tim Allen and family on Nick at Nite after a couple of weeks off. They will remain on TV Land as well on Tuesday nights from 2am-5am. The Nick at Nite summer line-up started yesterday with George Lopez Mondays (11pm-5am). Watch the premiere of Married...with Children on Nick at Nite, tomorrow night at 11pm!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, May 4
The Middle - "Not Mother's Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After enduring year after year of botched Mother’s Days, Frankie declares that the family gets to take a pass on doing anything at all for her this year. But after a man offers to buy Frankie’s groceries at the market when she discovers that she forgot her wallet – and tells her to pay the kindly gesture forward – she decides to have the family pull each other’s names out of a hat and do something nice for that person, which doesn’t go as smoothly as planned.
The Goldbergs - "Smother's Day" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Barry and Erica forget to get Beverly a Mother’s Day gift and make last minute “Mom Coupons” instead. Beverly is understandably hurt, and decides to get revenge by cashing in every coupon they have made. Meanwhile, Adam tries to get Murray to let him go to space camp and accuses him of being as dream crushing as Pop-Pop.
Modern Family - "Promposal" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
With Closet-Con right around the corner, Claire is on high alert and convinced there is a mole in the company. Meanwhile, Phil goes vigilante when he and Gloria confront Auntie Alice for stealing her hot sauce recipe. Jay tries to teach Joe how to do some manly handy work, and with prom coming up, Mitch helps Luke with his “promposal” while Cam helps with Manny’s, but Cam goes a little overboard, revealing that there maybe something deeper going on.
black-ish - "Super Rich Kids" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dre has always felt his older son was never like him, but when he finally meets Junior’s cool friends, Dre is all in and happy that his son may have the opportunity for an actual social life. Meanwhile, Bow is dealing with Ruby, Zoey, Jack and Diane not confessing to things breaking around the house and decides to handle it her own way after some judgment from Vivian.
Lopez - "George Hosts a Golf Tournament" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
George hosts a celebrity golf tournament to bolster his Vegas residency credentials in the midst of personal chaos with his AWOL daughter.
The Soul Man - "Soul Train" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When Lolli gets kicked off a wine train, she forces Boyce to have her back, even though he knows she’s in the wrong. Stamps helps Alicia relieve her campaign stress.
Schitt's Creek - "Moira's Nudes" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Moira is worried that racy photos from her past will jeopardize the campaign; Johnny asks for financial help; Alexis gets a job.
Wednesday, May 4
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Watch Julie on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Rob is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Being Charlie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour, on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT and on the AOL Build Show at 2pm.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tom Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Tom is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jussie Smollett (On Our Own) - Jussie sings for his supper and helps Rachael cook up Chicken Milanese on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- CCH Pounder (Brothers/Women in Prison) - CCH is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse talks about his Broadway show Fully Committed on People Now.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Garry Marshall (Creator of Happy Days/Laverne & Shirley/Mork & Mindy) - Garry is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.