Tuesday, July 05, 2011
TV Land August 2011 Highlights; Home Improvement Back on Nick at Nite, To Air Wednesday Late Nights Following The Bundys
For Hot in Cleveland (Wednesdays at 10pm) the season finale is on Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2011 at 10pm. The August 2011 episodes are #222 "Arch Enemies" on Aug. 3, #218 Too Hot For TV (clip show) on Aug. 10, #217 "Indecent Proposals" on Aug. 17, #219 "Bridezelka" on Aug. 24 and the season finale #220 "Elka's Big Day" on Aug. 31. Among the guest stars in August are Buck Henry, Huey Lewis and Cedric the Entertainer. The weekend before the season finale, watch the "Hot in Cleveland Weekend" on TV Land on Saturday, Aug. 27, 2011 from 9am-9pm and Sunday, Aug. 28, 2011 from 9am-12am! More info on this will be released soon, but you'll have two seasons worth of episodes here!
The only other item of note on TV Land August 2011 is the feature film premiere of the blockbuster hit Titanic on Sunday, Aug. 7, 2011 from 9pm-12:30am. This is the only movie airing on TV Land in August, a far cry from what they used to air, as the Monday morning movies will be removed.
A couple of weeks ago we announced the Nick at Nite summer marathons line-up that start July 4. Everything is still on target, but Wednesday nights (starting July 6) will see some time changes and the return of Home Improvement. Wednesdays from 11pm-2am will be Married...with Children, not the planned 11pm-3am slot because Nick at Nite cannot air the series from 2am-7am because TBS has rights during those hours. So because of that, instead of starting Family Matters earlier, they will just bring back Home Improvement and air it from 2am-4am on Wednesday nights leading into Family Matters from 4am-7am. Previously Family Matters was scheduled from 3am-7am. So, it's not a big change, but it does bring back Tim Allen and family on Nick at Nite after a couple of weeks off. They will remain on TV Land as well on Tuesday nights from 2am-5am. The Nick at Nite summer line-up started yesterday with George Lopez Mondays (11pm-5am). Watch the premiere of Married...with Children on Nick at Nite, tomorrow night at 11pm!
Last Man Standing - "Spanking" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After giving his great-grandson Boyd a spanking, Bud (Robert Forster) is surprised that Mike agrees with Kristen and Ryan about not using that style of discipline as a last resort. Meanwhile, when Mandy gives boyfriend Kyle a porkpie hat, he thinks it’s because she wants to “brand” him.
The Neighbors - "Supreme Like Me" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When a water pipe bursts in the Weaver house, Mother Joyner and Father Kersee help the Weavers clean up the mess. Marty and Debbie are so eager to finally have the company of warm, supportive parents that they don’t realize they’re inadvertently causing a rift between Jackie and her parents. Will they ever be able to make up? Meanwhile, Larry steps up his job hunting to prove to Jackie’s parents that he can get a job and support his family. Meredith Baxter and Reginald VelJohnson return as Jackie’s parents.
Raising Hope - "Murder, She Hoped" / Dysfunction Function" (Fox, 9:00-10:00PM ET/PT)
Burt and Virginia get new back-fence neighbors, and Burt is convinced that there is something suspicious about them. Then, Virginia and Burt fear that Jimmy and Sabrina's marriage has lost its spark. So they use their own relationship experiences to try and shake things up.
A.N.T. Farm - "silANT Night" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Grundy tries to surprise the ANTs by dressing up as Santa Claus, but things take a turn when the backup computer locks the kids in the school.
Dog with a Blog - "Twas the Fight Before Christmas" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Avery's Aunt Sigourney plans to visit so she decides to plan the perfect Christmas.
Love That Girl - "Happy Hold Up Day" (TV One, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The gang gets taken hostage on Christmas Eve.
Friday, December 6
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne) - Watch Johnny on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Josh Gad (1600 Penn/Back to You) - Josh appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - Jennie guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Danny DeVito (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia/Taxi) - Danny and Mara Wilson talk about Matilda on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- John Goodman (Roseanne) - John will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He also chats about the new film Inside Llewyn Davis on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/Hot Properties/The Knights of Prosperity) - Sofia dresses audience members in looks from Kmart on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Tim Conway (McHale's Navy/Rango) - Tim will be on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.