Thursday, June 23, 2011
Nick at Nite July 2011 Has Summer Marathons And Married with Children; Ricky Gervais Producing New HBO/BBC2 Comedy
There is no real reason why it keeps moving from network to network in the Viacom family, as it did pretty well in the ratings on TV Land I know. Married...with Children will air on Nick at Nite's summer marathons starting this July, but there is no word if it will be anything more than that. The marathons kick off with George Lopez on Mondays from 11pm-5am starting July 4. Tuesdays will have The Nanny air from 11pm-5am. Wednesdays will be the night for Married...with Children, but it will only air from 11pm-3am, as TBS has the rights in the overnight and early mornings. So, airing from 3am-7am will be an expanded Family Matters (instead of its normal 5-7am). On Thursdays Nick at Nite will air marathons of That '70s Show from 11pm-5am. And the marathons start late on Friday nights as My Wife & Kids will air on Friday nights from 1am-5am, after the regular schedule from 9pm-1am.
Marathons will not air on weekends, so expect the current regular weekend schedule. There will be one slight change, though. Home Improvement will be removed from the schedule after its airing this weekend and it won't air Sunday nights (early Monday mornings) from 4am-6am anymore and will be replaced by more Family Matters. It's just too bad Urkel and the Winslows are not airing anytime before 3am anymore. One other show that will be reduced a lot will be Everybody Hates Chris. Due to the marathons, it will only be airing Sunday nights from 2-3am.
We will have more on Nick at Nite July 2011 soon, if there is anything further to elaborate. Whoaaaaaaaa Bundy!
Production has begun in London on Life's Too Short, the new comedy series from Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant (creators of the Golden Globe-winning BBC comedy series The Office and the HBO series Extras and The Ricky Gervais Show). The seven-episode series will debut on BBC2 later this year and on HBO in 2012.
Life's Too Short is a faux documentary starring actor Warwick Davis (Willow, the Harry Potter and Star Wars films) as a fictionalized version of himself: a down-and-out little person desperately trying to hustle and connive his way back into the spotlight. Each episode will feature cameos by top stars, including Johnny Depp, Sting and Steve Carell, along with Gervais and Merchant playing themselves in minor roles. Other cast regulars include Jo Enright as Davis' wife Sue, and Rosamund Hanson as his assistant Cheryl.
Life's Too Short is written, directed and executive produced by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant; produced by Charlie Hanson.
Last Man Standing - "Eve's Boyfriend" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Eve has a new boyfriend but refuses to talk about him. After Vanessa pressures her for some good ol’ girl talk, Eve concedes and opens up, much to Vanessa’s joy. But when Mandy and Kristin catch wind that Eve’s boyfriend is taking part in the same overnight Junior ROTC camping trip as Eve, their past mistakes prompt them to be concerned.
The Neighbors - "Balle Balle!" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Marty and Debbie are worried when Larry Bird tells them his Indian co-worker at the coffee shop has invited him to a traditional Indian wedding. Despite their pleas, Larry decides to attend without their approval and he and Jackie get carried away when trying to come up with a wedding gift. After Larry does research on Indian weddings, he concludes all weddings take place in “Bollywood” and decides to give his friend a full scale Bollywood number.
Enlisted - "Parade Duty" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
After Cody assigns the platoon "Parade Duty" Pete tries to inspire his team, but finds he is being sabotaged by his own brother. After things go terribly wrong, all three brothers learn a bit more about what it means to be a soldier in Rear D.
Raising Hope - "Baby Phat" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Burt and Virginia are in desperate need of a vacation and, at Barney's suggestion, head to a resort for a little R&R. But the "resort" turns out to be a different kind of place than they were hoping for. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Sabrina decide they want to have a baby.
Jessie - "Snack Attack" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jessie notices a famous casting director in the park and tries to impress him by volunteering to help his daughter befriend the Ross kids.
Dog with a Blog - "I Want My Nikki Back, Nikki Back, Nikki Back" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Tyler decides to try and get Nikki back as his girlfriend but Avery is hesitant to help him for fear of being caught between her friend and brother.
Love That Girl - "Assets and Liabilities" (TV One, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Delroy finds a way out of paying his taxes; Imunique and Jasmine are both into the same guy.
Friday, March 7
- Ellen DeGeneres (Ellen) - Watch Ellen on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Kenan Thompson (Kenan & Kel) - Kenan appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Patrick Duffy (Step by Step) - Patrick discusses the new season of Dallas on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason is a guest on Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A.) - Scott joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judy Gold (All-American Girl) - Judy weighs in on hot topics on The Couch on WLNY 10/55 in New York between 7-9am.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea answers calls from the Foodie Phone Booth on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Stephanie Beatriz (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Stephanie discusses Brooklyn Nine-Nine on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena will be on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Patrick Warburton (Rules of Engagement/Seinfeld) - Patrick appears on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Christine Lakin (Step by Step) - Christine is a guest on Big Morning Buzz Live with Nick Lachey on VH1 at 10am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice) - Henry visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.