Thursday, June 23, 2011
Nick at Nite July 2011 Has Summer Marathons And Married with Children; Ricky Gervais Producing New HBO/BBC2 Comedy
There is no real reason why it keeps moving from network to network in the Viacom family, as it did pretty well in the ratings on TV Land I know. Married...with Children will air on Nick at Nite's summer marathons starting this July, but there is no word if it will be anything more than that. The marathons kick off with George Lopez on Mondays from 11pm-5am starting July 4. Tuesdays will have The Nanny air from 11pm-5am. Wednesdays will be the night for Married...with Children, but it will only air from 11pm-3am, as TBS has the rights in the overnight and early mornings. So, airing from 3am-7am will be an expanded Family Matters (instead of its normal 5-7am). On Thursdays Nick at Nite will air marathons of That '70s Show from 11pm-5am. And the marathons start late on Friday nights as My Wife & Kids will air on Friday nights from 1am-5am, after the regular schedule from 9pm-1am.
Marathons will not air on weekends, so expect the current regular weekend schedule. There will be one slight change, though. Home Improvement will be removed from the schedule after its airing this weekend and it won't air Sunday nights (early Monday mornings) from 4am-6am anymore and will be replaced by more Family Matters. It's just too bad Urkel and the Winslows are not airing anytime before 3am anymore. One other show that will be reduced a lot will be Everybody Hates Chris. Due to the marathons, it will only be airing Sunday nights from 2-3am.
We will have more on Nick at Nite July 2011 soon, if there is anything further to elaborate. Whoaaaaaaaa Bundy!
Production has begun in London on Life's Too Short, the new comedy series from Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant (creators of the Golden Globe-winning BBC comedy series The Office and the HBO series Extras and The Ricky Gervais Show). The seven-episode series will debut on BBC2 later this year and on HBO in 2012.
Life's Too Short is a faux documentary starring actor Warwick Davis (Willow, the Harry Potter and Star Wars films) as a fictionalized version of himself: a down-and-out little person desperately trying to hustle and connive his way back into the spotlight. Each episode will feature cameos by top stars, including Johnny Depp, Sting and Steve Carell, along with Gervais and Merchant playing themselves in minor roles. Other cast regulars include Jo Enright as Davis' wife Sue, and Rosamund Hanson as his assistant Cheryl.
Life's Too Short is written, directed and executive produced by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant; produced by Charlie Hanson.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/26 - Family Mattters - The Complete Seventh Season
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, July 26
Wrecked - "The Adventures of Beth and Lamar" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Danny and Owen start a new camp; two survivors try to escape the island; the island makes a discovery that could change everything.
Best Friends Whenever - "Worst Night Whenever" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bret and Chet worry about their sixth grade dance; haunted by the memories of their own experience, Cyd and Shelby go back in time for a do-over.
In the Cut - "Very Superstitious" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Kenny becomes a savvy saver; everyone thinks the shop is haunted.
Tuesday, July 26
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - Catch David on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She will also be on People Now at 8:30am.
- Maria Bamford (Lady Dynamite) - Maria visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Rex Lee (Young & Hungry/Suburgatory) - Rex is a guest on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Marilu talks about how she stays slim and fit for life. She reveals her number one anti-aging beauty secret on The Dr. Oz Show, so chek your local listings.
- Paul Reiser (Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul talks about Aliens on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Busy Phillips (Cougar Town) - Busy flashes back to her Freaks and Geeks audition tape on People Now at 8:30am.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Jason talks about Amateur Night on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Ashley Williams (The Jim Gaffigan Show/Good Morning, Miami) - Ashley is a guest on People Now at 8:30am.
- Michael Ian Black (The Jim Gaffigan Show/Ed) - Michael visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.