Sunday, July 24, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of July 11-17)
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 airings - The Sunday ratings for this night are preliminary, as we don't have finals yet. A repeat at 7pm did a prelim 1.72 million and a prelim 0.8 18-49 rating, which was down some from the previous week. A repeat at 9:30pm did a prelim 3.51 million and a prelim 1.7 18-49 rating, which is excellent for summer in 18-49.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did a prelim 3.14 million and a prelim 1.4 18-49 rating, down from previous week.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat at 7:30pm did a prelim 1.76 million and a prelim 0.8 18-49 rating, losing a bit week-to-week.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat at 9pm did a prelim 3.8 million and a a prelim 1.8 18-49 rating, the best of the block again and on par with previous week.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat at 8:30pm did only a prelim 2.91 million and a prelim 1.3 18-49 rating, which was down week-to-week.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 4.16 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8pm was on par with the previous week really.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 5.97 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9pm is up a tick week-to-week.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) 2 airings - 5.51 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating for a repeat in its normal 9:30pm slot, up some from previous week. But an 8:30pm repeat earlier did 4.27 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, was down a tad from previous week.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - preempted.
- The Middle (ABC) - The normal 8pm airing did 4.28 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, up some from previous week when it aired at 8:30pm.
- Modern Family (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 4.14 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, up a good amount from previous week as the 17 Emmy nominations probably helped. A repeat at 8:30pm also probably helped doing 4.14 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.54 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, on par with previous week once again.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat did 6.31 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, which was down a lick from previous week but still the best of week 8 thus far for sitcoms in total viewers.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with 4.98 million and 1.3 18-49 rating, which was up tad from previous week.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 1.96 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, down some from previous week.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - A repeat in its 8:30pm slot did only 1.84 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, on par really with the previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.43 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, best of the low rated block but down some from previous week.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.27 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, also down a lick from previous week.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A Saturday repeat at 9pm only did a prelim 2.09 million and a prelim 0.8 18-49 rating.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A Saturday repeat at 9:30pm of this show did worse with a prelim 1.79 million and a prelim 0.7 18-49 rating.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, and the 9pm Modern Family were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of The Middle, Rules of Engagement) or just plain old terrible (such as the very low NBC Thursday repeats especially, Community). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable all this summer, with the great Hot in Cleveland on Wednesdays at 10pm, followed by week seven (already?) of the decent and getting funnier Happily Divorced starring Fran Drescher this Wednesday at 10:30pm only on TV Land. Also catch the new Comedy Wednesday on ABC Family with the funny Melissa & Joey at 8pm (which has a great new longer opening theme) followed by week five of new comedy State of Georgia starring Raven Symone at 8:30pm! Loretta Devine is very sassy in this series and makes Mrs. Roper look tame! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer repeat blues! Watch them!
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, August 27
Last Man Standing - "The Marriage Doctor" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Mike finds out future son-in-law Kyle fears meeting with the church’s new minister (guest star Bill Engvall), Mike tells Kyle to use him and Vanessa as a strong marriage example. But a recent argument ends up sending them to the minister instead. Meanwhile, Ryan helps Eve with her assignment to debate from the opposite side of her politically conservative beliefs.
Dr. Ken - "Korean Men's Club" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Ken, at the insistence of Allison, reluctantly joins a civics-minded community group – but it may not be what it seems. Randall Park (“Fresh Off the Boat”) guest stars as Gary Chon, the leader of the Korean Men’s Club group.
Saturday, August 27
- Kathy Garver (Family Affair) - Kathy reunites with her former co-star Johnny Whitaker on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Watch Tika on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She also talks about Southside with You on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Jerrod is a guest on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Walton Goggins (Vice Principals) - Walton appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identiy) - Jerry is a guest on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12:05am on BET or on your local stations.
- Chris D'Elia, Ron Funches, Rick Glassman and Brent Morin - The cast of Undateable are guests on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Sally Field (Gidget/The Flying Nun) - Sally whips up a delicious Pea Pesto & Potatoes with Mario Batali on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Valerie bakes up her Sicilian Love Cake for dessert on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Tyler Labine (Deadbeat/Animal Practice/Mad Love/Sons of Tucson) - Tyler talks about Zoom on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril explains the surprising origins of his catchphrase “Bam!” on People Now at 8:30am.