Sunday, July 24, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of July 11-17)
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 airings - The Sunday ratings for this night are preliminary, as we don't have finals yet. A repeat at 7pm did a prelim 1.72 million and a prelim 0.8 18-49 rating, which was down some from the previous week. A repeat at 9:30pm did a prelim 3.51 million and a prelim 1.7 18-49 rating, which is excellent for summer in 18-49.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did a prelim 3.14 million and a prelim 1.4 18-49 rating, down from previous week.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat at 7:30pm did a prelim 1.76 million and a prelim 0.8 18-49 rating, losing a bit week-to-week.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat at 9pm did a prelim 3.8 million and a a prelim 1.8 18-49 rating, the best of the block again and on par with previous week.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat at 8:30pm did only a prelim 2.91 million and a prelim 1.3 18-49 rating, which was down week-to-week.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 4.16 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8pm was on par with the previous week really.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 5.97 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9pm is up a tick week-to-week.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) 2 airings - 5.51 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating for a repeat in its normal 9:30pm slot, up some from previous week. But an 8:30pm repeat earlier did 4.27 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, was down a tad from previous week.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - preempted.
- The Middle (ABC) - The normal 8pm airing did 4.28 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, up some from previous week when it aired at 8:30pm.
- Modern Family (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 4.14 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, up a good amount from previous week as the 17 Emmy nominations probably helped. A repeat at 8:30pm also probably helped doing 4.14 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.54 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, on par with previous week once again.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat did 6.31 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, which was down a lick from previous week but still the best of week 8 thus far for sitcoms in total viewers.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with 4.98 million and 1.3 18-49 rating, which was up tad from previous week.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 1.96 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, down some from previous week.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - A repeat in its 8:30pm slot did only 1.84 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, on par really with the previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.43 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, best of the low rated block but down some from previous week.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.27 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, also down a lick from previous week.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A Saturday repeat at 9pm only did a prelim 2.09 million and a prelim 0.8 18-49 rating.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A Saturday repeat at 9:30pm of this show did worse with a prelim 1.79 million and a prelim 0.7 18-49 rating.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, and the 9pm Modern Family were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of The Middle, Rules of Engagement) or just plain old terrible (such as the very low NBC Thursday repeats especially, Community). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable all this summer, with the great Hot in Cleveland on Wednesdays at 10pm, followed by week seven (already?) of the decent and getting funnier Happily Divorced starring Fran Drescher this Wednesday at 10:30pm only on TV Land. Also catch the new Comedy Wednesday on ABC Family with the funny Melissa & Joey at 8pm (which has a great new longer opening theme) followed by week five of new comedy State of Georgia starring Raven Symone at 8:30pm! Loretta Devine is very sassy in this series and makes Mrs. Roper look tame! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer repeat blues! Watch them!
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
Last Man Standing - "Eve's Boyfriend" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Eve has a new boyfriend but refuses to talk about him. After Vanessa pressures her for some good ol’ girl talk, Eve concedes and opens up, much to Vanessa’s joy. But when Mandy and Kristin catch wind that Eve’s boyfriend is taking part in the same overnight Junior ROTC camping trip as Eve, their past mistakes prompt them to be concerned.
The Neighbors - "Balle Balle!" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Marty and Debbie are worried when Larry Bird tells them his Indian co-worker at the coffee shop has invited him to a traditional Indian wedding. Despite their pleas, Larry decides to attend without their approval and he and Jackie get carried away when trying to come up with a wedding gift. After Larry does research on Indian weddings, he concludes all weddings take place in “Bollywood” and decides to give his friend a full scale Bollywood number.
Enlisted - "Parade Duty" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
After Cody assigns the platoon "Parade Duty" Pete tries to inspire his team, but finds he is being sabotaged by his own brother. After things go terribly wrong, all three brothers learn a bit more about what it means to be a soldier in Rear D.
Raising Hope - "Baby Phat" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Burt and Virginia are in desperate need of a vacation and, at Barney's suggestion, head to a resort for a little R&R. But the "resort" turns out to be a different kind of place than they were hoping for. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Sabrina decide they want to have a baby.
Jessie - "Snack Attack" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jessie notices a famous casting director in the park and tries to impress him by volunteering to help his daughter befriend the Ross kids.
Dog with a Blog - "I Want My Nikki Back, Nikki Back, Nikki Back" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Tyler decides to try and get Nikki back as his girlfriend but Avery is hesitant to help him for fear of being caught between her friend and brother.
Love That Girl - "Assets and Liabilities" (TV One, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Delroy finds a way out of paying his taxes; Imunique and Jasmine are both into the same guy.
Friday, March 7
- Ellen DeGeneres (Ellen) - Watch Ellen on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Kenan Thompson (Kenan & Kel) - Kenan appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Patrick Duffy (Step by Step) - Patrick discusses the new season of Dallas on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason is a guest on Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A.) - Scott joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judy Gold (All-American Girl) - Judy weighs in on hot topics on The Couch on WLNY 10/55 in New York between 7-9am.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea answers calls from the Foodie Phone Booth on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Stephanie Beatriz (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Stephanie discusses Brooklyn Nine-Nine on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena will be on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Patrick Warburton (Rules of Engagement/Seinfeld) - Patrick appears on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Christine Lakin (Step by Step) - Christine is a guest on Big Morning Buzz Live with Nick Lachey on VH1 at 10am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice) - Henry visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.