Sunday, July 24, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of July 11-17)
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 airings - The Sunday ratings for this night are preliminary, as we don't have finals yet. A repeat at 7pm did a prelim 1.72 million and a prelim 0.8 18-49 rating, which was down some from the previous week. A repeat at 9:30pm did a prelim 3.51 million and a prelim 1.7 18-49 rating, which is excellent for summer in 18-49.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did a prelim 3.14 million and a prelim 1.4 18-49 rating, down from previous week.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat at 7:30pm did a prelim 1.76 million and a prelim 0.8 18-49 rating, losing a bit week-to-week.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat at 9pm did a prelim 3.8 million and a a prelim 1.8 18-49 rating, the best of the block again and on par with previous week.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat at 8:30pm did only a prelim 2.91 million and a prelim 1.3 18-49 rating, which was down week-to-week.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 4.16 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8pm was on par with the previous week really.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 5.97 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9pm is up a tick week-to-week.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) 2 airings - 5.51 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating for a repeat in its normal 9:30pm slot, up some from previous week. But an 8:30pm repeat earlier did 4.27 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, was down a tad from previous week.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - preempted.
- The Middle (ABC) - The normal 8pm airing did 4.28 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, up some from previous week when it aired at 8:30pm.
- Modern Family (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 4.14 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, up a good amount from previous week as the 17 Emmy nominations probably helped. A repeat at 8:30pm also probably helped doing 4.14 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.54 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, on par with previous week once again.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat did 6.31 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, which was down a lick from previous week but still the best of week 8 thus far for sitcoms in total viewers.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with 4.98 million and 1.3 18-49 rating, which was up tad from previous week.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 1.96 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, down some from previous week.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - A repeat in its 8:30pm slot did only 1.84 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, on par really with the previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.43 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, best of the low rated block but down some from previous week.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.27 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, also down a lick from previous week.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A Saturday repeat at 9pm only did a prelim 2.09 million and a prelim 0.8 18-49 rating.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A Saturday repeat at 9:30pm of this show did worse with a prelim 1.79 million and a prelim 0.7 18-49 rating.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, and the 9pm Modern Family were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of The Middle, Rules of Engagement) or just plain old terrible (such as the very low NBC Thursday repeats especially, Community). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable all this summer, with the great Hot in Cleveland on Wednesdays at 10pm, followed by week seven (already?) of the decent and getting funnier Happily Divorced starring Fran Drescher this Wednesday at 10:30pm only on TV Land. Also catch the new Comedy Wednesday on ABC Family with the funny Melissa & Joey at 8pm (which has a great new longer opening theme) followed by week five of new comedy State of Georgia starring Raven Symone at 8:30pm! Loretta Devine is very sassy in this series and makes Mrs. Roper look tame! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer repeat blues! Watch them!
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, July 24
The Big Bang Theory - "The Discovery Dissipation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Leonard and Amy help Sheldon cope with the shame he’s feeling after his accidental contribution to science is disproved. Meanwhile, Raj must stay with Howard and Bernadette for a week.
The Millers - "Driving Miss Crazy" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Nathan gets frustrated after he’s forced to drive Carol around town for errands once again, he demands that she either learn how to drive or find another chauffeur. But when Debbie volunteers Adam to drive Carol, everyone’s surprised when they form an unexpected bond.
Welcome to Sweden - "Proving Love/Lagenhet" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bruce (Greg Poehler) and Emma (Josephine Bornebusch) move into an apartment in Stockholm and Bruce tries his best to introduce himself to the neighbors. Meanwhile, the couple is forced to prove their relationship at the immigration office, but the interviews don’t go quite as planned. Elsewhere, Emma suspects one of Bruce’s former clients, Aubrey Plaza (guest starring as herself), may be stalking him, while another, Amy Poehler (guest starring as herself), is in desperate need of his professional assistance.
Working the Engels - "Jenna's Friend" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Jimmy (Benjamin Arthur) gives their grandmother’s ring to a stripper, Jenna (Kacey Rohl) is forced to intervene to get it back – and makes an unlikely friend in the process. Meanwhile, Sandy (Azura Skye) wins free mother/daughter hip-hop classes and brings Ceil (Andrea Martin) along, but they quickly realize the class isn't meant for them. Ceil is ready to get out of there, until a former friend makes fun of Sandy, and then Ceil is determined not only that they stay, but that they win the dance competition. Rachel Wilson, Rebecca Dalton and Shawn Byfield guest star.
Married - "The Shower" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
A.J. and Jess hijack Russ and Lina's night out.
You're the Worst - "Insouciance" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Jimmy attempts to take Gretchen on a date.
Love That Girl - "The Hot Seat" (TV One, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Imunique agrees to throw a bachelorette party for DeMiracle's fiance.
Thursday, July 24
- David Duchovny (Californication) - Catch David on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman) - Mary Lynn stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Tune in to see Kristin on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) and Nat Faxon (Married/Ben and Kate) - Judy and Nat talk about their new FX series Married on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. They will also be on HuffPost Live.
- Adrienne Barbeau (Maude) - Adrienne discusses her role in the Hallmark Movie Channel original movie The Memory Book on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Greg Poehler (Welcome to Sweden) - Greg is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Leah Remini (The King of Queens/Family Tools) - Leah appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig will be on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Jennie and Tori are guests on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel at 7:45am. Jennie will also be on HuffPost Live.