Sunday, July 24, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of July 11-17)
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 airings - The Sunday ratings for this night are preliminary, as we don't have finals yet. A repeat at 7pm did a prelim 1.72 million and a prelim 0.8 18-49 rating, which was down some from the previous week. A repeat at 9:30pm did a prelim 3.51 million and a prelim 1.7 18-49 rating, which is excellent for summer in 18-49.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did a prelim 3.14 million and a prelim 1.4 18-49 rating, down from previous week.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat at 7:30pm did a prelim 1.76 million and a prelim 0.8 18-49 rating, losing a bit week-to-week.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat at 9pm did a prelim 3.8 million and a a prelim 1.8 18-49 rating, the best of the block again and on par with previous week.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat at 8:30pm did only a prelim 2.91 million and a prelim 1.3 18-49 rating, which was down week-to-week.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 4.16 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8pm was on par with the previous week really.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 5.97 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9pm is up a tick week-to-week.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) 2 airings - 5.51 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating for a repeat in its normal 9:30pm slot, up some from previous week. But an 8:30pm repeat earlier did 4.27 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, was down a tad from previous week.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - preempted.
- The Middle (ABC) - The normal 8pm airing did 4.28 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, up some from previous week when it aired at 8:30pm.
- Modern Family (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 4.14 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, up a good amount from previous week as the 17 Emmy nominations probably helped. A repeat at 8:30pm also probably helped doing 4.14 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.54 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, on par with previous week once again.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat did 6.31 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, which was down a lick from previous week but still the best of week 8 thus far for sitcoms in total viewers.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with 4.98 million and 1.3 18-49 rating, which was up tad from previous week.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 1.96 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, down some from previous week.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - A repeat in its 8:30pm slot did only 1.84 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, on par really with the previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.43 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, best of the low rated block but down some from previous week.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.27 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, also down a lick from previous week.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A Saturday repeat at 9pm only did a prelim 2.09 million and a prelim 0.8 18-49 rating.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A Saturday repeat at 9:30pm of this show did worse with a prelim 1.79 million and a prelim 0.7 18-49 rating.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, and the 9pm Modern Family were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of The Middle, Rules of Engagement) or just plain old terrible (such as the very low NBC Thursday repeats especially, Community). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable all this summer, with the great Hot in Cleveland on Wednesdays at 10pm, followed by week seven (already?) of the decent and getting funnier Happily Divorced starring Fran Drescher this Wednesday at 10:30pm only on TV Land. Also catch the new Comedy Wednesday on ABC Family with the funny Melissa & Joey at 8pm (which has a great new longer opening theme) followed by week five of new comedy State of Georgia starring Raven Symone at 8:30pm! Loretta Devine is very sassy in this series and makes Mrs. Roper look tame! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer repeat blues! Watch them!
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
Bob's Burgers - "Ambergris" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT)
Gene, Louise, and Tina discover a seaweed-covered object at the beach that turns out to be a large hunk of Ambergris - an extremely valuable, but illegal, by-product of whale poop that is used in high-end perfumes. But Louise tries to cheat Gene and Tina out of the profit she hopes to make by selling the treasure on the black market. Meanwhile, Bob and Linda deal with their psychologically unstable landlord who is building them a new bathroom.
American Dad - "Poltergasm" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Francine's "Poltergasm" starts to haunt the Smith household when she is unsatisfied by Stan in the sack, and Roger must conjure a medium named Zelda Rubinstein to help eliminate the ghost. Meanwhile, Hayley introduces her new boy-toy, Mauricio (guest voice Diego Luna), to the family.
The Simpsons - "Married to the Blob" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Comic Book Guy realizes his comics are nothing if he can't share them with anyone. Then he meets Kumiko, a Japanese woman writing an autobiographical manga, and he seeks out Homer's advice on how to date her, ending happily for everyone.
Family Guy - "Life of Brian" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Stewie and Brian travel back to 17th century Jamestown, via Stewie's time machine, they encounter too many close calls with altering the course of mankind. Stewie decides to destroy his time machine, but immediately regrets his decision when an unthinkable event happens and he is unable to go back in time.
Monday, April 21
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Watch Courteney The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jimmie "J.J." Walker (Good Times) - Jimmie appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Billy Bob Thornton (Hears Afire) - Billy Bob is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- George Lopez (Saint George/George Lopez) - George stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (Bad Teacher) - Ari visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon is a guest on @midnight at midnight on Comedy Central.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Joseph appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Gillian Jacobs (Community) - Tune in to see Gillian on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul is a guest on a repeat of The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Brooklyn Decker, Majandra Delfino and Zoe Lister-Jones (Friends with Better Lives) - The women of Friends with Better Lives are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. Zoe will also be on Pop Sugar Now on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Andre Braugher (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andre will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kirstie Alley (Kirstie/Veronica's Closet/Cheers) - Kirstie throws down a figure-friendly chicken dinner on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Ted Lange (The Love Boat) - Ted is a guest on a repeat of The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Brittany Daniel (The Game/That '80s Show) - Brittany shares her story of triumph over non-Hodgkins lymphoma on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Beau Bridges (The Millers) - Beau appears on The Queen Latifah Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Toni Collette (United States of Tara) - Toni will be on HuffPost Live.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Thomas is a guest on HuffPost Live.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/Hot Properties/The Knights of Prosperity) - Sofia visits ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly hosts the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Christine Lakin Step by Step) - Christine will be on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am all this week.