Thursday, July 28, 2011
The other sitcom addition is a new comedy to syndication, but will be getting a second cable home. It's the Brad Garrett comedy 'Til Death, which is also coming on cable to WGN America and local broadcast stations this fall. As we reported earlier this week, the sitcom will air on WGN America in the overnight (3-4am). And Spike TV will be airing it late night as well, however they will just air it a bit earlier. 'Til Death joins the line-up on Monday, October 3, 2011 and will air weeknights (except Wednesday ans Thursday nights) at 1:00am & 1:30am, following The King of Queens. The sitcom lasted four seasons but the last two seasons really were ordered to get a syndication deal, so they mass-produced a bulk of episodes which Fox just simply burned-off, so most of these episodes will be new to everyone as they have aired just once and during weird times and nights (like Christmas Day 2009).
The rest of the Spike TV line-up will be pretty much the same as it is now, with CSI: NY weekdays at 9am, followed by a block of CSI from 10pm-1pm, another CSI: NY at 1pm and another CSI at 2pm. Reality stacks will air from 3pm-8pm with series like Jail, Auction Hunters, 1000 Ways to Die, and UFC Unleashed. The Friday schedule has a marathon of Gangland from 9am-8pm. In primetime, we mentioned The King of Queens from 8-9pm, original series/reality follows until 12 midnight. After The King of Queens and 'Til Death from 12-2am, at 2am will be Spike's Most Amazing Videos from Mon-Wed, The Shield on Thursdays and Son of the Beach on Fridays. At 3am, Spike TV will air Entourage seven days a week, which is leaving broadcast syndication and WGN America this fall, but it will remain on cable on Spike TV. MANswers follows at 3:30am to close the night off. Weekends will have a mix of movies and marathons, with a block of The King of Queens in prime on Sunday nights as I mentioned earlier.
It looks like some series like Walker Texas Ranger and Unsolved Mysteries will be leaving, but those have been airing recently once or twice a week in late night.
View the Spike TV Fall 2011 schedule. Come on back on Monday and every weekday for the rest of the summer for some fall 2011 schedules!
Onto to the TCA Summer 2011 press tour, yesterday Hallmark Channel, GMC, and Lifetime were among the notable networks to present. There wasn't anything big to announce, but we will share news anyway. For Hallmark, their new daytime entry, Emeril's Table, featuring Chef Emeril Lagasse, will debut Monday, September 26 at 11:00 am ET and will air weekdays at 11am ET. Hallmark Channel also announced the September 26 debut of season two of Martha Bakes, a Hallmark Channel Original Series and part of the Hallmark Channel Home block. The 13-episode series airs Mondays at 11:30 a.m. ET/PT.
At Hallmark Channel, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! During the holidays, there is not a more popular retail destination than Hallmark, and for family holiday entertainment, the most popular viewing destination on television is Hallmark Channel. Hallmark Channel announces its most highly anticipated seasonal event, "Countdown to Christmas," will commence on November 12. For those who cannot wait for Christmas, the network is whetting appetites with a sneak peek of its "Countdown to Christmas" campaign with the World Premiere of Mistletoe Over Manhattan, a Hallmark Channel Original Movie starring Tricia Hefler and Greg Bryk on Sunday, November 6 (8 p.m. ET/PT). Before the holiday 2011 season ends, Hallmark Channel will air more than 1300-plus hours of holiday-themed programming, making it America's premier holiday destination on television. Hallmark Channel's programming slate includes 14 Hallmark Channel Original Movies and one-of-a-kind Hallmark Channel Original Animated Specials, like the first-ever, interactive entertainment program Jingle All the Way, starring Hallmark's Jingle, the Husky Pup.(TM) The campaign also includes hours of holiday-themed programs in its daytime block, including episodes of The Martha Stewart Show, Emeril's Table, Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn and Martha Bakes, a Martha Stewart primetime original Christmas special, and the 123rd Tournament of Roses Parade. Among the stars in the Hallmark Channel Original Movies this season are Nancy McKeon, Wes Brown, Julie Mond, Cheryl Ladd, Bruce Boxleitner, Kim Delaney, Martin Mull, Rhea Pearlman, Catherine Bell, Chris Potter, Elizabeth Berkley, Judd Nelson, Dean Cain, Rachel Blanchard, Tom Cavanagh, Faith Ford, Sir Roger Moore, Maria Thayer, Vivica A. Fox, Sam Page, Ryan Bittle, Vicki Lawrence, Melissa Gilbert, and Billy Ray Cyrus.
There was nothing noteworthy to report from Lifetime and GMC. Stay tuned tomorrow for more updates from the cable portion.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Dependence Transcedence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Tensions rise when the boys struggle to complete their government project on time and Sheldon tries an energy drink to stay awake. Also, Penny and Amy go to a “party” at Bert (Brian Posehn) the geologist’s house, and Kooothrappali learns Bernadette’s true feelings about her pregnancy when they clean out the future baby room. Dean Norris returns as Air Force Representative Colonel Williams.
Man with a Plan - "Assisted Living" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam's parents visit unannounced, they reveal surprising plans for their future living arrangements. Emmy Award winner Swoosie Kurtz and Stacy Keach guest star as Bev and Joe, Adam and Don’s parents.
Superior Donuts - "Takin' It to the Streets" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Franco and Sweatpants discover their new landlord, Fawz, wants to convert their apartment building into luxury condos, they decide to organize a protest. Also, Randy realizes she needs to be nicer to James in order to get a good recommendation for her sergeant’s exam.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Dad Day Afternoon" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Han’s new therapist suggests that Max needs to confront her “daddy issues” and fear of intimacy, she reluctantly heads to Rhode Island to track down her birth father with the diner gang in tow. Also, Oleg is up in arms when Sophie wants him to help out around the house.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.