Thursday, July 28, 2011
The other sitcom addition is a new comedy to syndication, but will be getting a second cable home. It's the Brad Garrett comedy 'Til Death, which is also coming on cable to WGN America and local broadcast stations this fall. As we reported earlier this week, the sitcom will air on WGN America in the overnight (3-4am). And Spike TV will be airing it late night as well, however they will just air it a bit earlier. 'Til Death joins the line-up on Monday, October 3, 2011 and will air weeknights (except Wednesday ans Thursday nights) at 1:00am & 1:30am, following The King of Queens. The sitcom lasted four seasons but the last two seasons really were ordered to get a syndication deal, so they mass-produced a bulk of episodes which Fox just simply burned-off, so most of these episodes will be new to everyone as they have aired just once and during weird times and nights (like Christmas Day 2009).
The rest of the Spike TV line-up will be pretty much the same as it is now, with CSI: NY weekdays at 9am, followed by a block of CSI from 10pm-1pm, another CSI: NY at 1pm and another CSI at 2pm. Reality stacks will air from 3pm-8pm with series like Jail, Auction Hunters, 1000 Ways to Die, and UFC Unleashed. The Friday schedule has a marathon of Gangland from 9am-8pm. In primetime, we mentioned The King of Queens from 8-9pm, original series/reality follows until 12 midnight. After The King of Queens and 'Til Death from 12-2am, at 2am will be Spike's Most Amazing Videos from Mon-Wed, The Shield on Thursdays and Son of the Beach on Fridays. At 3am, Spike TV will air Entourage seven days a week, which is leaving broadcast syndication and WGN America this fall, but it will remain on cable on Spike TV. MANswers follows at 3:30am to close the night off. Weekends will have a mix of movies and marathons, with a block of The King of Queens in prime on Sunday nights as I mentioned earlier.
It looks like some series like Walker Texas Ranger and Unsolved Mysteries will be leaving, but those have been airing recently once or twice a week in late night.
View the Spike TV Fall 2011 schedule. Come on back on Monday and every weekday for the rest of the summer for some fall 2011 schedules!
Onto to the TCA Summer 2011 press tour, yesterday Hallmark Channel, GMC, and Lifetime were among the notable networks to present. There wasn't anything big to announce, but we will share news anyway. For Hallmark, their new daytime entry, Emeril's Table, featuring Chef Emeril Lagasse, will debut Monday, September 26 at 11:00 am ET and will air weekdays at 11am ET. Hallmark Channel also announced the September 26 debut of season two of Martha Bakes, a Hallmark Channel Original Series and part of the Hallmark Channel Home block. The 13-episode series airs Mondays at 11:30 a.m. ET/PT.
At Hallmark Channel, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! During the holidays, there is not a more popular retail destination than Hallmark, and for family holiday entertainment, the most popular viewing destination on television is Hallmark Channel. Hallmark Channel announces its most highly anticipated seasonal event, "Countdown to Christmas," will commence on November 12. For those who cannot wait for Christmas, the network is whetting appetites with a sneak peek of its "Countdown to Christmas" campaign with the World Premiere of Mistletoe Over Manhattan, a Hallmark Channel Original Movie starring Tricia Hefler and Greg Bryk on Sunday, November 6 (8 p.m. ET/PT). Before the holiday 2011 season ends, Hallmark Channel will air more than 1300-plus hours of holiday-themed programming, making it America's premier holiday destination on television. Hallmark Channel's programming slate includes 14 Hallmark Channel Original Movies and one-of-a-kind Hallmark Channel Original Animated Specials, like the first-ever, interactive entertainment program Jingle All the Way, starring Hallmark's Jingle, the Husky Pup.(TM) The campaign also includes hours of holiday-themed programs in its daytime block, including episodes of The Martha Stewart Show, Emeril's Table, Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn and Martha Bakes, a Martha Stewart primetime original Christmas special, and the 123rd Tournament of Roses Parade. Among the stars in the Hallmark Channel Original Movies this season are Nancy McKeon, Wes Brown, Julie Mond, Cheryl Ladd, Bruce Boxleitner, Kim Delaney, Martin Mull, Rhea Pearlman, Catherine Bell, Chris Potter, Elizabeth Berkley, Judd Nelson, Dean Cain, Rachel Blanchard, Tom Cavanagh, Faith Ford, Sir Roger Moore, Maria Thayer, Vivica A. Fox, Sam Page, Ryan Bittle, Vicki Lawrence, Melissa Gilbert, and Billy Ray Cyrus.
There was nothing noteworthy to report from Lifetime and GMC. Stay tuned tomorrow for more updates from the cable portion.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - TARGET="_blank">Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 20
The Big Bang Theory - "The Expedition Approximation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Sheldon and Raj test whether they could survive a dark-matter research expedition in a salt mine by simulating the conditions in a steam tunnel. Meanwhile, Leonard and Penny seek advice from Wolowitz and Bernadette after they fight about money.
The Millers - "Movin' Out (Carol's Song) (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Carol begins her search for a new apartment, causing Nathan and Debbie to race each other to find her a place that is the farthest away from each of them. During the course of her house-hunting, Carol meets and develops an instant bond with Kip Finkle, her new best friend. Emmy Award winner Sean Hayes joins the cast as Kip Finkle.
American Dad - "Blonde Ambition" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Hayley decides she might get more attention if she becomes a blonde, while Steve and Stan search for a new home for the Smiths.
When her efforts to save the planet prove hopeless, Hayley decides that she might get more attention if she becomes a blonde. Meanwhile, Stan and Steve go on a mission to find a new home for the Smiths.
Monday, October 20
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Watch Jason on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Casey Wilson (Marry Me/Happy Endings) - Casey stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jim Rash (Community) - Jim visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Tori stops by LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. She also discusses her show True Tori on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She can be heard on the Howard Stern Show on SiriusXM channel 100.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena chats on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Tom Lennon (Reno 911!/Sean Saves the World) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Melissa appears NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- The Cast of The Wonder Years - Danica McKellar, Fred Savage and Josh Saviano reunite on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Kirk Cameron (Growing Pains/Kirk) - Kirk talks about bringing faith and family back to the holidays in his new film Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim talks about his book (Food: A Lovey Story) on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Clark Gregg (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Clark chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on HuffPost Live at 12:30pm. He can be heard on Morning Mash-Up on SiriusXM Hits 1 channel 2 at at 9:45am.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A.) - Scott chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Michael Rapaport (The War at Home) - Michael is a guest on HuffPost Live at 2:30pm.
- Jonathan Kite (2 Broke Girls) - Jonathan talks about 2 Broke Girls on Arise TV at 7pm on Centric.
- Katey Sagal (Marry Me/8 Simple Rules/Married with Children) - Katey appears on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Mike will be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:50am.