Thursday, July 28, 2011
The other sitcom addition is a new comedy to syndication, but will be getting a second cable home. It's the Brad Garrett comedy 'Til Death, which is also coming on cable to WGN America and local broadcast stations this fall. As we reported earlier this week, the sitcom will air on WGN America in the overnight (3-4am). And Spike TV will be airing it late night as well, however they will just air it a bit earlier. 'Til Death joins the line-up on Monday, October 3, 2011 and will air weeknights (except Wednesday ans Thursday nights) at 1:00am & 1:30am, following The King of Queens. The sitcom lasted four seasons but the last two seasons really were ordered to get a syndication deal, so they mass-produced a bulk of episodes which Fox just simply burned-off, so most of these episodes will be new to everyone as they have aired just once and during weird times and nights (like Christmas Day 2009).
The rest of the Spike TV line-up will be pretty much the same as it is now, with CSI: NY weekdays at 9am, followed by a block of CSI from 10pm-1pm, another CSI: NY at 1pm and another CSI at 2pm. Reality stacks will air from 3pm-8pm with series like Jail, Auction Hunters, 1000 Ways to Die, and UFC Unleashed. The Friday schedule has a marathon of Gangland from 9am-8pm. In primetime, we mentioned The King of Queens from 8-9pm, original series/reality follows until 12 midnight. After The King of Queens and 'Til Death from 12-2am, at 2am will be Spike's Most Amazing Videos from Mon-Wed, The Shield on Thursdays and Son of the Beach on Fridays. At 3am, Spike TV will air Entourage seven days a week, which is leaving broadcast syndication and WGN America this fall, but it will remain on cable on Spike TV. MANswers follows at 3:30am to close the night off. Weekends will have a mix of movies and marathons, with a block of The King of Queens in prime on Sunday nights as I mentioned earlier.
It looks like some series like Walker Texas Ranger and Unsolved Mysteries will be leaving, but those have been airing recently once or twice a week in late night.
View the Spike TV Fall 2011 schedule. Come on back on Monday and every weekday for the rest of the summer for some fall 2011 schedules!
Onto to the TCA Summer 2011 press tour, yesterday Hallmark Channel, GMC, and Lifetime were among the notable networks to present. There wasn't anything big to announce, but we will share news anyway. For Hallmark, their new daytime entry, Emeril's Table, featuring Chef Emeril Lagasse, will debut Monday, September 26 at 11:00 am ET and will air weekdays at 11am ET. Hallmark Channel also announced the September 26 debut of season two of Martha Bakes, a Hallmark Channel Original Series and part of the Hallmark Channel Home block. The 13-episode series airs Mondays at 11:30 a.m. ET/PT.
At Hallmark Channel, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! During the holidays, there is not a more popular retail destination than Hallmark, and for family holiday entertainment, the most popular viewing destination on television is Hallmark Channel. Hallmark Channel announces its most highly anticipated seasonal event, "Countdown to Christmas," will commence on November 12. For those who cannot wait for Christmas, the network is whetting appetites with a sneak peek of its "Countdown to Christmas" campaign with the World Premiere of Mistletoe Over Manhattan, a Hallmark Channel Original Movie starring Tricia Hefler and Greg Bryk on Sunday, November 6 (8 p.m. ET/PT). Before the holiday 2011 season ends, Hallmark Channel will air more than 1300-plus hours of holiday-themed programming, making it America's premier holiday destination on television. Hallmark Channel's programming slate includes 14 Hallmark Channel Original Movies and one-of-a-kind Hallmark Channel Original Animated Specials, like the first-ever, interactive entertainment program Jingle All the Way, starring Hallmark's Jingle, the Husky Pup.(TM) The campaign also includes hours of holiday-themed programs in its daytime block, including episodes of The Martha Stewart Show, Emeril's Table, Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn and Martha Bakes, a Martha Stewart primetime original Christmas special, and the 123rd Tournament of Roses Parade. Among the stars in the Hallmark Channel Original Movies this season are Nancy McKeon, Wes Brown, Julie Mond, Cheryl Ladd, Bruce Boxleitner, Kim Delaney, Martin Mull, Rhea Pearlman, Catherine Bell, Chris Potter, Elizabeth Berkley, Judd Nelson, Dean Cain, Rachel Blanchard, Tom Cavanagh, Faith Ford, Sir Roger Moore, Maria Thayer, Vivica A. Fox, Sam Page, Ryan Bittle, Vicki Lawrence, Melissa Gilbert, and Billy Ray Cyrus.
There was nothing noteworthy to report from Lifetime and GMC. Stay tuned tomorrow for more updates from the cable portion.
New Girl - "Big News" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The morning after their break-up, Jess and Nick scramble to keep it a secret from the loftmates. Meanwhile, Winston passes his police academy entrance exam, and demands that the gang throw him a "Honey Roast".
The Mindy Project - "Think Like a Peter" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Peter encourages Mindy to think more like a man. To test his advice, they head out to a bar, where they meet Lee (guest star Max Greenfield), a smooth-talking first-grade teacher who is up to no good. Meanwhile, Danny tries to give relationship advice to Tamra.
About a Boy - "About a Slopmaster" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Fiona (Minnie Driver) volunteers to run a project for Marcus’s (Benjamin Stockham) class – a miniature society modeled after Dickensian London. Wanting to be King of the mock economy, Fiona instead selects him as the lowly slopmaster, much to his dismay, prompting him to figure out a clever yet questionable solution to turn things around. Meanwhile, Will (David Walton) takes Marcus out on a spending spree, thanks to his latest royalty check and then does his best to throw the perfect party to impress Sam (guest star Adrianne Palicki).
Growing Up Fisher - "The Man with the Spider Tattoo" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
find a new plus-one for an important charity event, and he’s determined to show his peers that his post-divorce life is going smoothly. Katie (Ava Deluca-Verley) becomes invested in helping her dad find a plus-one, as her secret party at her dad’s apartment is in jeopardy if Mel doesn’t attend the event. Meanwhile, Runyen’s (Lance Lim) mom (guest star Lela Lee) thinks Henry (Eli Baker) is a bad influence on her son, so Joyce (Jenna Elfman) confronts her in order to defend the Fisher family honor.
The Game - "Mommy Dearest" (BET, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chardonnay plans an extravagant vow-renewal ceremony; Malki and Yana have a plan to remove the tension between them.
Let's Stay Together - "Breakdown and Billy Clubs" (BET, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Stacy and Tasha invite themselves on Charles and Jamal's fishing trip; Crystal helps Kita write a love letter to Troy.
Tuesday, April 15
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Catch Jerry on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Wendie Malick (Hot in Cleveland/Just Shoot Me!) - Wendie stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Rash (Community/Help Me Help You) - Jim visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Woods (The Office) - Zach stops by The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm. He will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Billy Bob Thortnon (Hearts Afire) - Billy Bob speaks about the new FX series Fargo on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Don Cheadle (The Golden Palace) - Don appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob talks about his TV career, doing stand-up and his new memoir, Dirty Daddy: The Chronicles of a Family Man Turned Filthy Comedian, on Katie, so check your local listings. He will also be on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is a guest on The Tracy Morgan Show, so check your local listings.
- Doris Roberts (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Doris appears on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi talks about her new Lifetime movie A Day Late and a Dollar Short on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Tichina Arnold (Martin/Everybody Hates Chris/Happily Divorced) - Tichina talks about her new Lifetime movie A Day Late and a Dollar Short on SiriusXM Radio on Morning Jolt with Larry Flick at 9:35am, Hip Hop Nation at 10:05am, and Shade 45 with Sway at 10:30am.
- Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl helps Michael Symon make a winter ratatouille sandwich on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Brandy Norwood (The Game/Moesha) - Brandy will be on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin will be on Pop Sugar Now on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.