Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Sheen will retain a significant ownership stake in the series inspired by the film, in which a mild-mannered, non-confrontational man is ordered to attend group anger management sessions led by a therapist who could probably use some anger management himself.
"I chose Anger Management because, while it might be a big stretch for me to play a guy with serious anger management issues, I think it is a great concept," Sheen said. "It also provides me with real ownership in the series, a certain amount of creative control and the chance to be back in business with one of my favorite movie producers of all time, Joe Roth."
Roth and Sheen have worked together on five features, including Major League, Young Guns and Three Musketeers. Roth is also currently working with Lionsgate's Debmar-Mercury and Ice Cube's Cube Vision on the TBS hit Are We There Yet? It is one of three hugely successful sitcoms (along with Tyler Perry's House of Payne and Meet The Browns) that are the result of a unique sitcom business model created by Marcus and Bernstein. All three sitcoms air on TBS, but as of now, Anger Management does not have a network home. As soon as we find out, we will let you know, but as with other Lionsgate series, it will be given a 10-episode order and if they like it, they will produce a whole bunch more very quickly (likely 90 more episodes).
Fans of Friday Night Lights will once again be able to recapture the excitement of the Dillon Panthers as ESPN will air the entire series. The series started on ESPN last Tuesday (July 12, 2011) as they celebrated the kick-off of the football-themed drama with episodes one and two from season one and aired it back-to-back in primetime on ESPN at 8pm and 9pm ET.
And then for those who are new to the series, a crash course in Friday Night Lights was offered via a "Season 1 FNL Marathon" on ESPN Classic last Thursday and Friday (July 14 and 15).
Now, beginning Thursday, July 21, ESPN Classic will become the new cable home for Friday Night Lights, airing each season in sequential order beginning with season one/episode one, with "new" episodes each Thursday night at 9pm and 10pm ET. Longhorn Network, the ESPN owned and operated 24-hour network dedicated to Texas athletics in partnership with UT and IMG College, will also air the entire five seasons of Friday Night Lights upon its August launch.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Read Our Review
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, November 25
New Girl - "Thanksgiving IV" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
With winter coming and everyone still single, Schmidt initiates a “Bangs-giving”-themed Thanksgiving dinner party, to which everyone must bring someone compatible for someone else.
The Mindy Project - "How to Lose a Mon in Ten Days" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Mindy sets up Danny’s mom, Annette, (guest star Rhea Pearlman) on a blind date that leads to a crazy sequence of events culminating in a date – and possibly even true love.
Marry Me - "Bruges Me" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
After a meeting with Annie (Casey Wilson) and their wedding officiant Dawn (guest star Mo Gaffney), Jake (Ken Marino) decides he should get to know Annie’s dads better. When Jake and Kevin 1 (Tim Meadows) bond over their love of motorcycles, however, it leads to some pretty serious family trouble, particularly with Kevin 2 (Dan Bucatinsky). Meanwhile, Gil (John Gemberling) is very excited about his booth at the annual Flemish Pride Parade and enlists Annie to help him prepare a special musical production.
About a Boy - "About a Balcony" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Marcus (Benjamin Stockham) is ecstatic when a popular new teacher, Mr. Chris (guest star Chris Diamantopoulos) casts him as Romeo in the school production of notable Shakespeare scenes. Marcus asks Will (David Walton) to build the balcony set for his scene, however Will is more interested in watching “The Three Stooges” marathon with Marcus instead. Threatened by Mr. Chris’ growing relationship with Marcus, Will tries to impress them with the construction of his balcony. Elsewhere, Mr. Chris not only has gained a fan in Marcus, but Fiona (Minnie Driver) as well.
Benched - "Shark, Actually" (USA Network, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Nina worries that she is being played; a stenographer rejects Phil's advances because he is too immature.
Family Time - "Powering Down" (Bounce TV, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Tony feels his family is drifting apart so he bans technology in the household.
Tuesday, November 25
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Catch Aubrey on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Breckin Meyer (Married to the Kellys/Inside Schwartz) - Breckin is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS. She discusses her new album (Coming Home) and performs live on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl talks about marrying a Kennedy and love scenes with Larry David on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael delivers a special message to this parents on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Valerie Harper (The Mary Tyler Moore Show/Rhoda/Valerie) - Valerie continues to stun doctors on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) - Candace weighs in on Dancing with the Stars performances on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on VH1 Big Morning Buzz in the 9am hour. Candace's Christmas Under Wraps premieres on November 29 at 8/7C on Hallmark Channel.
- Tony Danza (Who's the Boss?/Taxi) - Tony will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- John O'Hurley (Seinfeld) - John is a guest on HuffPost Live at 2:00pm. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm.
- Michael J. Fox (Family Ties/Spin City/The Michael J. Fox Show) - Michael appears on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.