Wednesday, July 27, 2011
FX Fall 2011 Schedule Has How I Met Your Mother; The Nanny Reunion on Happily Divorced; TCA Summer 2011 Press Tour: Cable
You can expect How I Met Your Mother usually weekdays anytime between 2pm-10pm, but looks like it isn't airing on Wednesdays. As we mentioned a few weeks ago, they are airing the game show Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? as a filler on some weekday mornings, usually in the 7am hour. How I Met Your Mother will also remain on Lifetime and broadcast syndication on WGN America and your local stations. That's legendary status airings!
Of course FX is known for their original series. FX opens its fall season with the return of the award-winning hit drama Sons of Anarchy on September 6, and will continue to run Tuesdays at 10 PM ET/PT. The 13-episode season kicks off with a special 90-minute premiere episode.
Next, a mainstay on FX's fall schedule since 2007, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia begins its seventh season on September 15, airing Thursdays at 10 PM ET/PT for 13 weeks. Sunny has grown into a huge success to become one of the top scripted comedies on cable. FX's new drama series American Horror Story makes its debut on October 5 and will run Wednesdays at 10 PM ET/PT. The akl-star cast features Dylan McDermott, Connie Britton, Taissa Farmiga, Jessica Lange, Evan Peters and Denis O'Hare.
Comedy The League kicks off its third season on October 6, airing Thursdays at 10:30 PM ET/PT for a 13-episode run. The League, which debuted in September of 2009, is set against the backdrop of a fantasy football league. Finally, FX's acclaimed animated series Archer will get a special three-week run with all new episodes September 15, 22 and 29, Thursdays at 10:30 ET/PT behind It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It will officially be launching its third season in early 2012 with a 13-episode run.
This summer FX is getting strong performances from its original series. The new critically acclaimed comedy series Wilfred is delivering the highest first-season ratings ever of any FX comedy. Wilfred's season one finale airs on Thursday, September 8 at 10 PM ET/PT. Louie, starring Louis C.K., is having an impressive second season, posting year-over-year gains and C.K. recently received Emmy(R) Award nominations for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series (an FX first) and Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series. The season two finale of Louie airs on Thursday, September 8 at 10:30 PM ET/PT. And finally this summer, FX's award-winning drama Rescue Me debuted its seventh and final season last Wednesday. The groundbreaking series will air its series finale on Wednesday, September 7.
There's going to be a sitcom reunion on TV Land's original sitcom Happily Divorced starring Fran Drescher! Charles Shaughnessy (The Nanny), who played Fran's employer-turned-husband in the popular sitcom, The Nanny, guest stars as Gregory, a guy that both Fran and her ex-husband Peter (John Michael Higgins) want to date in the season finale of Happily Divorced, airing August 17. To date, the series is averaging over 2.2 million viewers every week. Last week, Happily Divorced was renewed for a second season of 12 episodes.
And that's not all! Also making a special guest appearance this season will be Fran's nosy and overbearing mother from The Nanny, Renée Taylor, who will play Marilyn, an old friend of Fran's mother, Dori (Rita Moreno) on the August 3 episode. Additionally, Angie Everhart guest stars as the sister of Fran's ex-boyfriend, Elliot (D.W. Moffett), Lou Diamond Phillips will appear as a man that chooses Judi (Tichina Arnold) over Fran, and Jennifer Holliday will guest star as herself. Most recently, Ian Ziering (Beverly Hills, 90210) guest-starred as a handsome support group leader who helps Fran realize that she has not moved on from her divorce.
Happily Divorced airs on Wednesday nights at 10:30pm ET/PT immediately following new episodes of Hot in Cleveland.
Finally the TCA Summer 2011 Press Tour started yesterday with cable day one and there wasn't much to update. The only thing of note is that truTV will air their off-network acquisition Wipeout (which we announced in April) on Friday nights at 8:00pm beginning Friday, Sept. 2. truTV has acquired exclusive, off-network cable rights to air this exciting series in which contestants face wildly outrageous barriers, from Big Balls to complex contraptions, for the chance at winning a cash prize. Wipeout, which is also shown in numerous international versions around the globe, ranks among the world's top-rated game shows. The series was recently voted by Entertainment Weekly's readers as "Reality TV's Guiltiest Pleasure" and is a big hit on ABC, now in its fourth season.
Stay with us for more notable updates from cable and then more in-depth coverage of the broadcast networks.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, July 25
Jessie - "Space Out" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Ravi scores a trip to outer space for his birthday with Jessie and the Ross kids; when Ravi remains on Earth, the trip takes a startling turn.
Girls Meets World - "Girl Meets Father" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
It's time for the Matthews' annual trip to Coney Island for roller coasters and family bonding; this year, Riley would rather go to the school dance; while processing his daughter's adolescence, Cory also deals with giving Maya an ``F.''
Dog with a Blog - "Pod People From Pasadena" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Avery's been chosen to create a float for the town parade and enlists her father's help; after watching a movie, Chloe's convinced that her family has been taken over by aliens and that the float is a spaceship.
Friday, July 25
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris and the rest of the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress) - John appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Mike Vogel (Grounded for Life) - Mike stops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Mary McCormack (Welcome to the Family) - Mary is part of the guest panel on a repeat of Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney is part of the guest panel on a repeat of Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Kelsey Grammer (Partners/Frasier/Cheers) - Kelsey chats about his upcoming FX series Partners on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) and Nat Faxon (Married/Ben and Kate) - Judy and Nat talk about their new FX series Married on Wake Up on Taylor on SiriusXM Stars Channel 109 sometime between 7-10am.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman) - Mary Lynn is a guest on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:35am. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. Finally, she is a guest on Arise TV at 3pm.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran will be on HuffPost Live.