Wednesday, July 27, 2011
FX Fall 2011 Schedule Has How I Met Your Mother; The Nanny Reunion on Happily Divorced; TCA Summer 2011 Press Tour: Cable
You can expect How I Met Your Mother usually weekdays anytime between 2pm-10pm, but looks like it isn't airing on Wednesdays. As we mentioned a few weeks ago, they are airing the game show Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? as a filler on some weekday mornings, usually in the 7am hour. How I Met Your Mother will also remain on Lifetime and broadcast syndication on WGN America and your local stations. That's legendary status airings!
Of course FX is known for their original series. FX opens its fall season with the return of the award-winning hit drama Sons of Anarchy on September 6, and will continue to run Tuesdays at 10 PM ET/PT. The 13-episode season kicks off with a special 90-minute premiere episode.
Next, a mainstay on FX's fall schedule since 2007, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia begins its seventh season on September 15, airing Thursdays at 10 PM ET/PT for 13 weeks. Sunny has grown into a huge success to become one of the top scripted comedies on cable. FX's new drama series American Horror Story makes its debut on October 5 and will run Wednesdays at 10 PM ET/PT. The akl-star cast features Dylan McDermott, Connie Britton, Taissa Farmiga, Jessica Lange, Evan Peters and Denis O'Hare.
Comedy The League kicks off its third season on October 6, airing Thursdays at 10:30 PM ET/PT for a 13-episode run. The League, which debuted in September of 2009, is set against the backdrop of a fantasy football league. Finally, FX's acclaimed animated series Archer will get a special three-week run with all new episodes September 15, 22 and 29, Thursdays at 10:30 ET/PT behind It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It will officially be launching its third season in early 2012 with a 13-episode run.
This summer FX is getting strong performances from its original series. The new critically acclaimed comedy series Wilfred is delivering the highest first-season ratings ever of any FX comedy. Wilfred's season one finale airs on Thursday, September 8 at 10 PM ET/PT. Louie, starring Louis C.K., is having an impressive second season, posting year-over-year gains and C.K. recently received Emmy(R) Award nominations for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series (an FX first) and Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series. The season two finale of Louie airs on Thursday, September 8 at 10:30 PM ET/PT. And finally this summer, FX's award-winning drama Rescue Me debuted its seventh and final season last Wednesday. The groundbreaking series will air its series finale on Wednesday, September 7.
There's going to be a sitcom reunion on TV Land's original sitcom Happily Divorced starring Fran Drescher! Charles Shaughnessy (The Nanny), who played Fran's employer-turned-husband in the popular sitcom, The Nanny, guest stars as Gregory, a guy that both Fran and her ex-husband Peter (John Michael Higgins) want to date in the season finale of Happily Divorced, airing August 17. To date, the series is averaging over 2.2 million viewers every week. Last week, Happily Divorced was renewed for a second season of 12 episodes.
And that's not all! Also making a special guest appearance this season will be Fran's nosy and overbearing mother from The Nanny, Renée Taylor, who will play Marilyn, an old friend of Fran's mother, Dori (Rita Moreno) on the August 3 episode. Additionally, Angie Everhart guest stars as the sister of Fran's ex-boyfriend, Elliot (D.W. Moffett), Lou Diamond Phillips will appear as a man that chooses Judi (Tichina Arnold) over Fran, and Jennifer Holliday will guest star as herself. Most recently, Ian Ziering (Beverly Hills, 90210) guest-starred as a handsome support group leader who helps Fran realize that she has not moved on from her divorce.
Happily Divorced airs on Wednesday nights at 10:30pm ET/PT immediately following new episodes of Hot in Cleveland.
Finally the TCA Summer 2011 Press Tour started yesterday with cable day one and there wasn't much to update. The only thing of note is that truTV will air their off-network acquisition Wipeout (which we announced in April) on Friday nights at 8:00pm beginning Friday, Sept. 2. truTV has acquired exclusive, off-network cable rights to air this exciting series in which contestants face wildly outrageous barriers, from Big Balls to complex contraptions, for the chance at winning a cash prize. Wipeout, which is also shown in numerous international versions around the globe, ranks among the world's top-rated game shows. The series was recently voted by Entertainment Weekly's readers as "Reality TV's Guiltiest Pleasure" and is a big hit on ABC, now in its fourth season.
Stay with us for more notable updates from cable and then more in-depth coverage of the broadcast networks.
Bob's Burgers - "Ambergris" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT)
Gene, Louise, and Tina discover a seaweed-covered object at the beach that turns out to be a large hunk of Ambergris - an extremely valuable, but illegal, by-product of whale poop that is used in high-end perfumes. But Louise tries to cheat Gene and Tina out of the profit she hopes to make by selling the treasure on the black market. Meanwhile, Bob and Linda deal with their psychologically unstable landlord who is building them a new bathroom.
American Dad - "Poltergasm" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Francine's "Poltergasm" starts to haunt the Smith household when she is unsatisfied by Stan in the sack, and Roger must conjure a medium named Zelda Rubinstein to help eliminate the ghost. Meanwhile, Hayley introduces her new boy-toy, Mauricio (guest voice Diego Luna), to the family.
The Simpsons - "Married to the Blob" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Comic Book Guy realizes his comics are nothing if he can't share them with anyone. Then he meets Kumiko, a Japanese woman writing an autobiographical manga, and he seeks out Homer's advice on how to date her, ending happily for everyone.
Family Guy - "Life of Brian" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Stewie and Brian travel back to 17th century Jamestown, via Stewie's time machine, they encounter too many close calls with altering the course of mankind. Stewie decides to destroy his time machine, but immediately regrets his decision when an unthinkable event happens and he is unable to go back in time.
Monday, April 21
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Watch Courteney The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jimmie "J.J." Walker (Good Times) - Jimmie appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Billy Bob Thornton (Hears Afire) - Billy Bob is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- George Lopez (Saint George/George Lopez) - George stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (Bad Teacher) - Ari visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon is a guest on @midnight at midnight on Comedy Central.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Joseph appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Gillian Jacobs (Community) - Tune in to see Gillian on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul is a guest on a repeat of The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Brooklyn Decker, Majandra Delfino and Zoe Lister-Jones (Friends with Better Lives) - The women of Friends with Better Lives are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. Zoe will also be on Pop Sugar Now on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Andre Braugher (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andre will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kirstie Alley (Kirstie/Veronica's Closet/Cheers) - Kirstie throws down a figure-friendly chicken dinner on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Ted Lange (The Love Boat) - Ted is a guest on a repeat of The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Brittany Daniel (The Game/That '80s Show) - Brittany shares her story of triumph over non-Hodgkins lymphoma on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Beau Bridges (The Millers) - Beau appears on The Queen Latifah Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Toni Collette (United States of Tara) - Toni will be on HuffPost Live.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Thomas is a guest on HuffPost Live.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/Hot Properties/The Knights of Prosperity) - Sofia visits ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly hosts the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Christine Lakin Step by Step) - Christine will be on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am all this week.