Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Melissa & Joey, premiering Wednesday nights at 8:00PM ET/PT, is a half-hour multi-cam comedy executive-produced by Bob Young & David Kendall, Paula Hart, Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence. As part of ABC Family's new original one-hour comedy block, the network launched its half-hour sitcom, State of Georgia, starring Raven-Symoné, Majandra Delfino and Loretta Devine, on Wednesday nights at 8:30PM ET/PT.
Melissa & Joey launched in summer 2010 as ABC Family's No. 1 comedy debut ever in Total Viewers, Viewers 12-34 and across Key 18-34 and 18-49 demos. The season 1B summer premiere on June 29 delivered the series' No. 2 telecast of all time in Teens 12-17, ranked as Wednesday's No. 1 telecast in Prime in Females 12-34, and was the No. 1 cable telecast in its time period in Adults 18-34, Women 18-34, Women 18-49 and Females 12-34. The 1B debut outperformed its season 1A fall finale across the board, including by 18% in Adults 18-34, by 29% in Women 18-34, by 18% in Women 18-49, by 23% in Viewers 12-34 and by 44% in Females 12-34. Moreover, Melissa & Joey doubled and tripled year-ago time period averages among key demos.
In week two of the summer season it did 1.08 million total viewers and a 0.4 18-49 rating, which lead into week two of State of Georgia, which did 807,000 total viewers and a 0.3 18-49 rating.
TV Land's original sitcom Happily Divorced is a huge success for the network! Fran Drescher, John Michael Higgins, Rita Moreno, Tichina Arnold, Valente Rodriguez and the entire cast continue to draw millions of viewers to TV Land every week. According to Nielsen, Happily Divorced is attracting 2.3 million total viewers and is averaging a 1.0 rating among A25-54 and a 1.3 rating among W25-54 season-to-date, posting triple digit gains over the network's primetime average. In week four of the season, Happily Divorced scored its best ratings yet among A25-54 and W25-54. Episode four averaged 1.82 million total viewers, coming out of 2.25 million from its leas-in, holding a good chuck of its lead-in's ratings.
Happily Divorced airs on Wednesday nights at 10:30pm ET/PT immediately following new episodes of Hot in Cleveland. Inspired by Fran Drescher's own life, Happily Divorced is filmed in front of a live studio audience and follows Los Angeles florist Fran (Drescher) whose 18-year marriage ends suddenly when her husband (Higgins) announces he's gay. And if that weren't enough, he can't afford to move out. They figured out how to be Happily Divorced, but her being single and his being gay, while living under one roof, is a whole other story. The series also features Fran's best friend Judi (Arnold), her parents Dori and Glen (Moreno and Robert Walden) and her flower delivery employee Cesar (Valente Rodriguez).
Bob's Burgers - "Ambergris" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT)
Gene, Louise, and Tina discover a seaweed-covered object at the beach that turns out to be a large hunk of Ambergris - an extremely valuable, but illegal, by-product of whale poop that is used in high-end perfumes. But Louise tries to cheat Gene and Tina out of the profit she hopes to make by selling the treasure on the black market. Meanwhile, Bob and Linda deal with their psychologically unstable landlord who is building them a new bathroom.
American Dad - "Poltergasm" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Francine's "Poltergasm" starts to haunt the Smith household when she is unsatisfied by Stan in the sack, and Roger must conjure a medium named Zelda Rubinstein to help eliminate the ghost. Meanwhile, Hayley introduces her new boy-toy, Mauricio (guest voice Diego Luna), to the family.
The Simpsons - "Married to the Blob" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Comic Book Guy realizes his comics are nothing if he can't share them with anyone. Then he meets Kumiko, a Japanese woman writing an autobiographical manga, and he seeks out Homer's advice on how to date her, ending happily for everyone.
Family Guy - "Life of Brian" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Stewie and Brian travel back to 17th century Jamestown, via Stewie's time machine, they encounter too many close calls with altering the course of mankind. Stewie decides to destroy his time machine, but immediately regrets his decision when an unthinkable event happens and he is unable to go back in time.
Monday, April 21
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Watch Courteney The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jimmie "J.J." Walker (Good Times) - Jimmie appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Billy Bob Thornton (Hears Afire) - Billy Bob is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- George Lopez (Saint George/George Lopez) - George stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (Bad Teacher) - Ari visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon is a guest on @midnight at midnight on Comedy Central.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Joseph appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Gillian Jacobs (Community) - Tune in to see Gillian on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul is a guest on a repeat of The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Brooklyn Decker, Majandra Delfino and Zoe Lister-Jones (Friends with Better Lives) - The women of Friends with Better Lives are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. Zoe will also be on Pop Sugar Now on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Andre Braugher (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andre will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kirstie Alley (Kirstie/Veronica's Closet/Cheers) - Kirstie throws down a figure-friendly chicken dinner on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Ted Lange (The Love Boat) - Ted is a guest on a repeat of The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Brittany Daniel (The Game/That '80s Show) - Brittany shares her story of triumph over non-Hodgkins lymphoma on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Beau Bridges (The Millers) - Beau appears on The Queen Latifah Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Toni Collette (United States of Tara) - Toni will be on HuffPost Live.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Thomas is a guest on HuffPost Live.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/Hot Properties/The Knights of Prosperity) - Sofia visits ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly hosts the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Christine Lakin Step by Step) - Christine will be on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am all this week.