Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Melissa & Joey, premiering Wednesday nights at 8:00PM ET/PT, is a half-hour multi-cam comedy executive-produced by Bob Young & David Kendall, Paula Hart, Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence. As part of ABC Family's new original one-hour comedy block, the network launched its half-hour sitcom, State of Georgia, starring Raven-Symoné, Majandra Delfino and Loretta Devine, on Wednesday nights at 8:30PM ET/PT.
Melissa & Joey launched in summer 2010 as ABC Family's No. 1 comedy debut ever in Total Viewers, Viewers 12-34 and across Key 18-34 and 18-49 demos. The season 1B summer premiere on June 29 delivered the series' No. 2 telecast of all time in Teens 12-17, ranked as Wednesday's No. 1 telecast in Prime in Females 12-34, and was the No. 1 cable telecast in its time period in Adults 18-34, Women 18-34, Women 18-49 and Females 12-34. The 1B debut outperformed its season 1A fall finale across the board, including by 18% in Adults 18-34, by 29% in Women 18-34, by 18% in Women 18-49, by 23% in Viewers 12-34 and by 44% in Females 12-34. Moreover, Melissa & Joey doubled and tripled year-ago time period averages among key demos.
In week two of the summer season it did 1.08 million total viewers and a 0.4 18-49 rating, which lead into week two of State of Georgia, which did 807,000 total viewers and a 0.3 18-49 rating.
TV Land's original sitcom Happily Divorced is a huge success for the network! Fran Drescher, John Michael Higgins, Rita Moreno, Tichina Arnold, Valente Rodriguez and the entire cast continue to draw millions of viewers to TV Land every week. According to Nielsen, Happily Divorced is attracting 2.3 million total viewers and is averaging a 1.0 rating among A25-54 and a 1.3 rating among W25-54 season-to-date, posting triple digit gains over the network's primetime average. In week four of the season, Happily Divorced scored its best ratings yet among A25-54 and W25-54. Episode four averaged 1.82 million total viewers, coming out of 2.25 million from its leas-in, holding a good chuck of its lead-in's ratings.
Happily Divorced airs on Wednesday nights at 10:30pm ET/PT immediately following new episodes of Hot in Cleveland. Inspired by Fran Drescher's own life, Happily Divorced is filmed in front of a live studio audience and follows Los Angeles florist Fran (Drescher) whose 18-year marriage ends suddenly when her husband (Higgins) announces he's gay. And if that weren't enough, he can't afford to move out. They figured out how to be Happily Divorced, but her being single and his being gay, while living under one roof, is a whole other story. The series also features Fran's best friend Judi (Arnold), her parents Dori and Glen (Moreno and Robert Walden) and her flower delivery employee Cesar (Valente Rodriguez).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, September 30
Last Man Standing - "Gameday Forecast: Showers" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When a Jack and Jill wedding shower for Mandy and Kyle is announced, Mike is disappointed to learn it’s on the same day as the big Broncos-Chargers game. In an effort to catch the game with Joe (Jay Leno) and the guys, Mike convinces the couple to hold separate showers. Ryan offers to host the men’s festivities at his place, and to Mike’s dismay, he’s more into party planning than anyone would have thought. Meanwhile, Ed’s convinced that sticking to his superstitious rituals is the only way to see to it that the Broncos pull out a big win, even if it means interfering with Mandy’s wedding shower.
Dr. Ken - "Ken and Allison Share a Patient" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Allison’s first work day at Welltopia, she and Ken try to prove the other wrong when it comes to a patient’s diagnosis. After Damona introduces her new boyfriend, Eric, to co-workers, Pat surprises everyone and announces he’s also dating someone. Meanwhile, it’s Dave’s first day of middle school, and he’s nervous he won’t be able to make friends, so he turns to D.K. to help reinvent his image.
Liv and Maddie - "Linda & Heather-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Liv thinks she landed a small role on a hit show called ``Linda and Heather'' but her part turns out to be much bigger; Joey experiences relationship woes.
Bunk'd - "Luke Out Below" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Luke comes back to camp and takes Griff and Zuri on an adventure to prove that he's just as responsible as the other CITs.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Three Times" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Leslie and Angela try to fix their seemingly broken friendship with Jennifer.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "The Flower Delivery" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Keisha manages to intercept Richard's gift for his new love interest.
Friday, September 30
- Minnie Driver (Speechless/About a Boy) - Watch Minnie on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Clark Gregg (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Clark is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Ashley Williams (The Jim Gaffigan Show/How I Met Your Mother/Good Morning, Miami) - Ashley talks about her Hallmark Channel original movie Love on a Limb on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah stops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim talks about Madam Secretary on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Less Than Perfect) and Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor) - Sara and Michael talks about Season 2 of TV Land's Impastor on People Now at 8:30am.