Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Melissa & Joey, premiering Wednesday nights at 8:00PM ET/PT, is a half-hour multi-cam comedy executive-produced by Bob Young & David Kendall, Paula Hart, Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence. As part of ABC Family's new original one-hour comedy block, the network launched its half-hour sitcom, State of Georgia, starring Raven-Symoné, Majandra Delfino and Loretta Devine, on Wednesday nights at 8:30PM ET/PT.
Melissa & Joey launched in summer 2010 as ABC Family's No. 1 comedy debut ever in Total Viewers, Viewers 12-34 and across Key 18-34 and 18-49 demos. The season 1B summer premiere on June 29 delivered the series' No. 2 telecast of all time in Teens 12-17, ranked as Wednesday's No. 1 telecast in Prime in Females 12-34, and was the No. 1 cable telecast in its time period in Adults 18-34, Women 18-34, Women 18-49 and Females 12-34. The 1B debut outperformed its season 1A fall finale across the board, including by 18% in Adults 18-34, by 29% in Women 18-34, by 18% in Women 18-49, by 23% in Viewers 12-34 and by 44% in Females 12-34. Moreover, Melissa & Joey doubled and tripled year-ago time period averages among key demos.
In week two of the summer season it did 1.08 million total viewers and a 0.4 18-49 rating, which lead into week two of State of Georgia, which did 807,000 total viewers and a 0.3 18-49 rating.
TV Land's original sitcom Happily Divorced is a huge success for the network! Fran Drescher, John Michael Higgins, Rita Moreno, Tichina Arnold, Valente Rodriguez and the entire cast continue to draw millions of viewers to TV Land every week. According to Nielsen, Happily Divorced is attracting 2.3 million total viewers and is averaging a 1.0 rating among A25-54 and a 1.3 rating among W25-54 season-to-date, posting triple digit gains over the network's primetime average. In week four of the season, Happily Divorced scored its best ratings yet among A25-54 and W25-54. Episode four averaged 1.82 million total viewers, coming out of 2.25 million from its leas-in, holding a good chuck of its lead-in's ratings.
Happily Divorced airs on Wednesday nights at 10:30pm ET/PT immediately following new episodes of Hot in Cleveland. Inspired by Fran Drescher's own life, Happily Divorced is filmed in front of a live studio audience and follows Los Angeles florist Fran (Drescher) whose 18-year marriage ends suddenly when her husband (Higgins) announces he's gay. And if that weren't enough, he can't afford to move out. They figured out how to be Happily Divorced, but her being single and his being gay, while living under one roof, is a whole other story. The series also features Fran's best friend Judi (Arnold), her parents Dori and Glen (Moreno and Robert Walden) and her flower delivery employee Cesar (Valente Rodriguez).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - The Comedians - The Complete Series
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/17 - Weird Loners - The Complete Series
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, November 30
Superstore - "Pilot" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
onah (Ben Feldman) begins his first day on the job at big-box store Cloud 9 and immediately starts a rocky relationship with floor supervisor Amy (America Ferrera) when he comes off as elitist and mistakenly marks appliances for only a quarter. He is also the romantic target of aggressive assistant manager Dina (Lauren Ash), whose bible is the employee code of conduct. Pregnant Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) shares a memorable moment with her boyfriend, Bo (guest star Johnny Pemberton).
Superstore - "Magazine Profile" (NBC, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Store manager Glenn (Mark McKinney) gets overly excited when the Cloud 9 corporate magazine, Stratus, is interested in a story. The reporter, Cynthia (guest star Eliza Coupe), is more focused on Jonah (Ben Feldman), however, and the two develop a more-than-business relationship, which Amy (America Ferrera) had suspected. Garrett (Colton Dunn) does his best to avoid be photographed for the magazine's cover. Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) asks her boyfriend, Bo (guest star Johnny Pemberton), to come up with a corporate jingle to help earn money to pay expenses for their upcoming baby.
Talia in the Kitchen - "Storm and Grubb" (Nickelodeon, 7:00PM ET/PT)
Talia hides from the hurricane, until a mysterious boy discovers her. Aunt Tilly returns to take Talia and Julie back to Boston.
Monday, November 30
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?) - Watch Terry on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Schneider (Rob) - Rob appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Richard Kind (Spin City/Mad About You) - Richard is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alan Tudyk (Suburgatory) - Alan appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Brent Morin and Rick Glassman (Undateable) - Brent and Rick are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Kim Fields (The Facts of Life/Living Single) - Kim dishes on the new season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta and talks about why she decided to join the show on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A./Scrubs) - Scott drops by The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America talks about her new series Superstore on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Fuller House/How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm/Suburgatory) - Cheryl talks about her movie Christmas Eve on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.