Friday, April 15, 2011
BET's The Game & Let's Stay Together Renewed, New Sitcom Ordered; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 18, 2011)
BET has also renewed freshman comedy Let's Stay Together for a second season. The first season was a companion series for The Game and averaged a healthy 2.9 million for its 13 episodes. BET will also air a full-season of 22 episodes for this comedy's second season also set to premiere in January 2012.
It is also being reported that BET has plans for a new comedy titled Reed Between the Lines, a family comedy starring Malcolm-Jamal Warner (The Cosby Show) and Tracee Ross Ellis (Girlfriends), set to premiere this October, 2011. They'll play professional parents (she's a psychologist, he's an English professor) of three kids. We will have more info to come very soon! And also two more new comedies are on tap for next summer. We will have more on that as well when it is official by next week when BET has its 2011-2012 upfront. Comedy is thriving on BET and that is always a good thing!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of April 18-22, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, April 18, 2011
- Chris Rock (Everybody Hates Chris) - Watch the funnyman Chris on a repeat from March on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Tune in to see Betty on a repeat from March on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Catch Courteney on an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC. Cougar Town returns at a special time of 9:30pm ET/PT after Dancing with the Stars on Monday before airing at its regular Wednesday time of 9:30pm ET/PT on ABC.
- Kunal Nayaar (The Big Bang Theory) - Kunal appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Tina drops by the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy visits Lopez Tonight at 12am on TBS.
- Judy Greer (Mad Love/Arrested Development/Miss Guided) - Watch Judy on Lopez Tonight at 12am on TBS.
- Josh Hopkins (Cougar Town) - Catch Josh on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show - Jamie stops by The Gayle King Show at 10am on OWN.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Watch Kathy on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Tina continues to make the rounds on The Ellen DeGeneres Show (check local listings) and later visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Robin Williams (Mork & Mindy) - Robin chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Catch Courteney on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- The Game Cast - Part 2 of The Game Reunion airs on The Mo'nique Show at 9pm ET/PT and re-airs at 11pm ET/PT on BET.
- Kirstie Alley (Cheers/Veronica's Closet) - Catch Kirstie on a March repeat of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Watch the funny lady Amy on a March repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - The lovely Ms. Bowen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian is the guest host on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check your listings.
- Reno Wilson (Mike & Molly) - Reno drops by The Mo'nique Show at 11pm on BET.
- Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Catch Selena on a repeat from March on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show - Watch Sinbad on The Gayle King Show at 10am on OWN. His own reality show called Sinbad: It's Just Family airs on WE tv.
- Danny McBride (Eastbound & Down) - Danny appears on a repeat from March on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Watch Josh on a March repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:37am on NBC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy visits The Gayle King Show at 10am on OWN.
- Kirstie Alley (Cheers/Veronica's Closet) - Kirstie discusses her Dancing with the Stars journey on Good Morning America at 7-9am on ABC.
- John Larroquette (Night Court/The John Larroquette Show) - John talks about starring in Broadway’s How to Succeed in Business... at 10am on NBC's Today.
Leave us comments on our message board or Tweet/Facebook us to let us know what you think of this Friday feature! We do listen!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, March 28
The Middle - "Look Who's Not Talking" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Although excited about finding a new discount store that sells oddly shaped fruits and vegetables, Frankie is devastated when Axl refuses to talk to her or even answer her texts after inadvertently admitting how she feels about April in front of him. Meanwhile, Brick develops a new quirky tick in the form of a repetitive phrase and lands in detention, and Brad surprises Sue by coming out for a weekend visit at her college.
American Housewife - "Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Oliver tells his parents that he’s so embarrassed by their modest house that he’d rather not have a birthday party at all. Katie decides to teach him a lesson by ambushing him with a surprise party at home with all his wealthy friends.
American Housewife - "The Man Date" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Greg is delighted to finally have made a friend in Westport, fellow history buff Stan (guest star Timothy Omundson), but Katie isn’t as happy, especially since Stan is married to her nemesis, Chloe Brown Mueller (Jessica St. Clair).
Fresh Off the Boat - "The Taming of the Dads" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
To celebrate their one-year anniversary, Eddie reluctantly agrees to take Alison to the see a modern remake of Romeo and Juliet. But when Louis and Alison’s dad bond over their love of Shakespeare and crash their date, Alison wonders if she and Eddie’s relationship has lost its spark. Meanwhile, Jessica gets called for jury duty and campaigns to be the “Jury Boss,” and Emery and Evan struggle with the responsibilities of raising a Tamagotchi digital pet.
New Girl - "San Diego" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jess continues to stay with her dad (guest star Rob Reiner) in Portland, they unexpectedly help one another with their love lives. Meanwhile, Nick turns to a reluctant Aly for help with his relationship with Reagan, and Schmidt contemplates using his first name.
The Mick - "The Bully" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The tables are turned when a cyber bully targets Sofia, leading Mickey to come up with a plan for revenge. Meanwhile, Jimmy teaches Chip and Ben how to be self-sufficient, resulting in a painful disaster.
Trial & Error - "Right-Hand Man" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A new piece of evidence emerges that leads Josh (Nicholas D'Agosto) an unlikely, and dangerous, new suspect: Larry's (John Lithgow) brother-in-law, Jeremiah Jefferson Davis. Meanwhile, the case takes another turn when the search for the murder weapon leads Dwayne (Steven Boyer) to find a dismembered human arm.
Trial & Error - "Secrets & Lies" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
As Josh (Nicholas D'Agosto) focuses on his new suspect, Larry (John Lithgow) insists on taking a lie-detector test to help prove his innocence, but the results drop a bombshell on the case and the family. Dwayne (Steven Boyer) briefly becomes a hometown celebrity as the man who found an arm in the lake, and the team gets a surprising new benefactor.
The Detour - "The Heat" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The Parkers settle into a seemingly normal New York City routine but are being surveilled by federal agents who see more than they had suspected they would see.
Mann & Wife - "Take Me to the Mann" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The new Lieutenant arrives at the precinct, and everyone soon learns that she and Hobbs have a romantic past; A cable installer confuses Toni for singer Tamela Mann.
Mann & Wife - "Pressured by the Mann" (Bounce TV, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Toni faces a moral dilemma when the administrators at her school decide to change the students' standardized test results; Hobbs' mother brings her new fiance for a visit.
Tuesday, March 28
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Catch Alec on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Hank Azaria (The Simpsons/Free Agents/Herman's Head) - Hank visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Adam Pally (Making History/The Mindy Project/Happy Endings) - Adam drops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Judy appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kevin James (Kevin Can Wait/The King of Queens) - Kevin is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea drops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke reveals what it’s really like being a child star, plus, the truth behind her struggles with anxiety and depression on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Todd Grinnell (One Day at a Time/Four Kings) - Todd appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard talks about Shots Fired on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- George Lopez (Lopez/George Lopez) - George chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Melissa Peterman (Baby Daddy/Reba) - Melissa share her recipe for Mexican pizza on People Now at 8:30am.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) and Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Jenna and Rachel talk about Imaginary Mary on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.