Wednesday, March 02, 2011
Empty Nest will replace Little House on the Prairie from 3-5pm, but Little House will remain at 5pm and will now air from 6-8pm as well, replacing Who's the Boss? So, it is Empty Nest from 3-5pm and Little House on the Prairie from 5-8pm every weekday late afternoon/evening. Who's the Boss? will remain airing on the schedule in the late night/early morning times of 4-6am every single day. Let's hope it returns to a good time slot soon, though, but at least it is still airing. One more piece of bad news is the Who's the Boss? full-day 24-hour marathon for this Saturday (March 5) has been canceled. No reason for the change was given. The regular Saturday line-up will air consisting of I Love Lucy and Golden Girls in the mornings, then movies the rest of the day with Golden Girls and Cheers in late night. The Cheers 24-hour marathon the following day (March 6) will remain on the schedule.
There are no other schedule changes, but view our March 2011 schedule for more info and to discuss these changes!
We have many network notes to recap for you. First, last night's 20/20 special with Charlie Sheen had to preempt Detroit 1-8-7 at 10pm, as you know. ABC will now bump that episode to next week, as expected, and the following episode will air on March 15, but the season finale will air on a special night on Sunday, March 20, preempting a Brothers & Sisters repeat. The Charlie Sheen interview last night did big ratings and won its 10pm hour easily.
Yesterday we gave you the celebrities appearing on Dancing with the Stars Season 12, today we have the pro pairings! Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy (who is back for his tenth season), "Psycho" Mike Catherwood and "Racey" Lacey Schwimmer (who is back for her fourth season), Chris Jericho and Cheryl Burke (who is back for his eleventh season), Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas (who returns for his eighth season), Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunsakaya (who returns for her seventh season), Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff (who returns for her eighth season), Petra Nemcova and Dmitry Chaplin (who returns for his third season), Romeo and Chelsie Hightower (who returns for her fifth season), Hines Ward and Kym Johnson (who returns for her ninth season), Kendra Wilkinson and Louis van Amstel (who returns for his eighth season), and finally Wendy Williams and Tony Dovolani (who is back for his eleventh season). Missing from this last from last season are Derek Hough, who will be back for season 13, and Corky Ballas, while Dmitry Chaplin returns. The season premiere is Monday, March 21 at 8pm.
Meanwhile, Grammy Award winner Cee Lo Green and fellow Grammy Award winner Adam Levine (Maroon 5) have been named as two of the four musician coaches on NBC's new musical competition series The Voice, a show about real vocal talent that will premiere on Tuesday, April 26 from 9-11 p.m. ET. Following the premiere, The Voice will also air on Tuesday, May 3 from 9-11 p.m. ET and then move to its regular time period beginning May 10 from 8-9 p.m. ET that will last through at least Tuesday, June 28. This means The Biggest Loser will be reduced to one-hour on April 26 and May 3, then it will be back to two-hour episodes, but it will move to 9-11pm instead. 10pm drama Parenthood will wrap up its 22-episode season on Tuesday, April 19. The Biggest Loser season finale is on Tuesday, May 24, so it is unclear what will air from 9-11pm starting May 31, but of course NBC has America's Got Talent coming back but no schedule has been announced yet. Last season it returned on this same Tuesday (June 1, 2010) from 8-10pm, so it is likely it returns this season on this night.
Finally, beginning Monday, March 7, The Hills repeats will be airing on TV Guide Network every weekday at 5:00 p.m. ET and 5:30 p.m. ET, as the series finds a cable home in syndication. Encores will also air at 1:00 a.m. and 1:30 a.m. The series will move Punk'd to 4 p.m. & 4:30 p.m., as Curb Your Enthusiasm is replaced. Ugly Betty will remain at 12 noon, 6pm & 7pm. Curb Your Enthusiasm will now only air in its Saturday morning schedule of 1:00am & 11:30am. Weeds will remain Thursday and Saturday nights and an airing on Sunday nights. The Hills, which aired on MTV, follows budding fashion designer Lauren Conrad and her friends as they navigate life, love and friendships. In addition to Conrad, The Hills launched the careers of reality stars such as Audrina Patridge, Whitney Port, Brody Jenner and Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt. Audrina Patridge appeared on season eleven of Dancing with the Stars this past fall.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.