Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Sitcom wise, CABLEready is entering the scripted programming arena for the first time, offering up two sitcoms, including one with Married... with Children's David Faustino! The two original comedies are being produced by Dan Garcia Productions. Things We Do For Love is a half-hour multi-camera sitcom with a cast that includes Alfonso Ribeiro, Maria Conchita Alonzo, Tamara Mowry and James Avery. Darren (Alfonso Ribeiro) and his lovely wife Lourdes (Tamara Mowry) have recently been married. They struggle with life as newlyweds sustaining a family owned business. Once their zany in-laws move in (Lourdes' mom and Darren's father), their lives change forever. 5 episodes have been ordered and taped. Clunkers is a half-hour semi-scripted, single-camera comedy with Carl Anthony Payne, David Faustino, Katherine Rose and Sherman Hemsley. The comedy reunites high school best friends Ritchie (Carl Anthony Payne) and Shaun (David Faustino) at a used car lot in the deep south. With a feel of Curb Your Enthusiasm meets Sanford and Son, the show revolves around a former local baseball star, Ritchie, who must swallow his pride and return to his hometown after an injury keeps him from making it in the major leagues. 9 episodes have been ordered and shot. Hopefully more news on these two potential sitcoms will come soon, including what cable networks will pick these up. Our buddy Sean Compton, President of Programming at Tribune, wants original sitcoms in first-run syndication, so these two would be a great start for that even though they are being offered for cable. Stay tuned for further updates!
We hope to have our annual list of what is available for Fall 2011 by tomorrow.
Meanwhile, CBS has moved the premiere date of mid-season sitcom Mad Love to Valentine's Day (Monday, Feb. 14) at 8:30pm. The series was originally slated to premiere a week later on Monday, Feb. 21. This means Rules of Engagement will have its last Monday airing on Feb. 7 now but it will still move to Thursdays at 8:30pm starting Feb. 24. 13 episodes of Mad Love will air, while Rules of Engagement will have 9 episodes to air (from its 24 episode order) on its new night of Thursday.
The sitcom stars Jason Biggs, Sarah Chalke, Tyler Labine and Judy Greer. Matt Tarses and Jamie Tarses are executive producers for Sony Pictures Television in association with CBS Television Studios. Look for our review of the pilot closer to premiere date.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, February 12
Bunk'd - "Luke's Back" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Luke gets some summer school help from Ravi and reunites with his siblings; Camp Kikiwaka and its rival engage in a turf war.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets Commonism" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Auggie experiences an existential crisis while trying to figure out what he wants to be; Farkle and Maya are caught cheating on a test and must face the school honor board.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Second Thoughts" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Troy discusses her marriage troubles with Hattie.
Friday, February 12
- George Clooney (The Facts of Life/Roseanne) - Watch George on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Raymond appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia is a guest on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jack McBrayer (30 Rock) - Jack is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Christine Taylor (Hey Dude) - Christine talks about Zoolander 2 on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy/American Dad!/The Cleveland Show) - Seth discusses his Grammy nomination on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Anders Holm (Workaholics/The Mindy Project) - Anders is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner (The Cosby Show/Malcolm & Eddie) - Malcolm-Jamal discusses his role as Al Cowlings in FX's American Crime Story: The People v. OJ Simpson on Access Hollywood Live (check your local listings) and on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Bailee Madison (Trophy Wife) - Bailee discusses her shows Good Witch, Once Upon a Time, and attending Fashion Week for the first time on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Meagan Good (Mr. Robinson/Raising Dad/Cousin Skeeter) - Meagan is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Dakota Johnson (Ben and Kate) - Dakota talks about How to Be Single on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM Hits 1 at 8am.