Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Sitcom wise, CABLEready is entering the scripted programming arena for the first time, offering up two sitcoms, including one with Married... with Children's David Faustino! The two original comedies are being produced by Dan Garcia Productions. Things We Do For Love is a half-hour multi-camera sitcom with a cast that includes Alfonso Ribeiro, Maria Conchita Alonzo, Tamara Mowry and James Avery. Darren (Alfonso Ribeiro) and his lovely wife Lourdes (Tamara Mowry) have recently been married. They struggle with life as newlyweds sustaining a family owned business. Once their zany in-laws move in (Lourdes' mom and Darren's father), their lives change forever. 5 episodes have been ordered and taped. Clunkers is a half-hour semi-scripted, single-camera comedy with Carl Anthony Payne, David Faustino, Katherine Rose and Sherman Hemsley. The comedy reunites high school best friends Ritchie (Carl Anthony Payne) and Shaun (David Faustino) at a used car lot in the deep south. With a feel of Curb Your Enthusiasm meets Sanford and Son, the show revolves around a former local baseball star, Ritchie, who must swallow his pride and return to his hometown after an injury keeps him from making it in the major leagues. 9 episodes have been ordered and shot. Hopefully more news on these two potential sitcoms will come soon, including what cable networks will pick these up. Our buddy Sean Compton, President of Programming at Tribune, wants original sitcoms in first-run syndication, so these two would be a great start for that even though they are being offered for cable. Stay tuned for further updates!
We hope to have our annual list of what is available for Fall 2011 by tomorrow.
Meanwhile, CBS has moved the premiere date of mid-season sitcom Mad Love to Valentine's Day (Monday, Feb. 14) at 8:30pm. The series was originally slated to premiere a week later on Monday, Feb. 21. This means Rules of Engagement will have its last Monday airing on Feb. 7 now but it will still move to Thursdays at 8:30pm starting Feb. 24. 13 episodes of Mad Love will air, while Rules of Engagement will have 9 episodes to air (from its 24 episode order) on its new night of Thursday.
The sitcom stars Jason Biggs, Sarah Chalke, Tyler Labine and Judy Greer. Matt Tarses and Jamie Tarses are executive producers for Sony Pictures Television in association with CBS Television Studios. Look for our review of the pilot closer to premiere date.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)
04/07 - Barney Miller - The Complete Seventh Season
04/07 - The Brady Bunch - The Complete Series
04/07 - Frasier - The Complete Series
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 9th Season
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 10th Season
04/21 - What's Happening!! - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
04/28 - I Love Lucy - I Love Mom Edition
04/28 - The Jeffersons - Season Seven
04/28 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites: Season 5
04/28 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, April 2
The Big Bang Theory - "The Skywalker Incursion" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Leonard and Sheldon are invited to speak at UC Berkeley, they take a detour to try to meet an idol. Also, when Bernadette and Howard battle over the fate of his Dr. Who TARDIS, Raj and Amy offer to settle the dispute with a game of ping pong.
The Odd Couple - "The Wedding Deception" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar and Felix attend the wedding of an old college friend, Oscar aims to reconnect with an old flame while Felix is determined to show his ex-wife that he’s a changed man.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Focus Attentuation" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Amy and Bernadette accuse Penny of being a “buzzkill” after she gets an email from work during their Vegas weekend. Meanwhile, the guys try to invent something cool, but only come up with new ways to procrastinate.
Mom - "Dropped Soap and a Big Guy on a Throne" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie face temptation when Bonnie is prescribed pain medication for a back injury.
Thursday, April 2
- Kelly Ripa (Hope & Faith) - Catch Kelly on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Rob Corddry (The Winner) - Rob is a guest on a repeat of Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony accuses Meredith of cheating on Millionaire and chats about being booed off stage during his first comedy show on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Bridgit Mendler (Undateable/Wizards of Waverly Place) - Bridgit talks about living with her co-star and her long-lasting relationship with singer boyfriend Shane Harper on The Merdith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Becki Newton (Weird Loners/The Goodwin Games/How I Met Your Mother) and Zachary Knighton (Weird Loners/Happy Endings) - Becki and Zachary talk about their new show Weird Loners on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mackenzie Aladjem (Nurse Jackie) - Mackenzie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Bella Thorne (Shake It Up) - Bella will be on the AOL Build Show. She is also a guest on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel at 7:52am.
- Regina King (227) - Regina appears on People Now.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa guest hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Marilu gives a peek at her new Hallmark Movies & Mysteries original, A Bone to Pick: An Aurora Teagarden Mystery, on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Jason is a guest on Morning Joe on MSNBC sometime between 6-9am.