Friday, January 21, 2011
Mixed Results for Hot in Cleveland and Retired at 35 Premieres on TV Land; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of January 24, 2011)
Hot in Cleveland posted a 1.4 A25-54 rating and 1.4 million A25-54 viewers in the network's target Adults 25-54 audience, up a whopping 243% in rating and 239% in viewers over the network's primetime average. TV Land averaged nearly 3 million total viewers, an increase of 199% over primetime. Among Women 25-54, TV Land scored a 1.6 rating and 819,000 viewers, up 244% in rating and viewers over network channel average. Among the channel's core audience of Adults 40-54, the network scored a 1.9 rating and 1.1 million viewers, an increase of 248% in rating and 247% in viewers over TV Land primetime average.
Retired at 35 averaged over 2 million total viewers, up 104% over channel primetime average. The sitcom scored a 0.9 A25-54 rating and 982,000 viewers in that demo, up 135% in rating and 134% in viewers among A25-54 versus TV Land primetime average. Among Women 25-54, it scored a 1.1 rating and 555,000 viewers, up 133% in rating and viewers over channel norm. Among A40-54, the network posted a 1.4 rating and 798,000 viewers, up 157% in rating and viewers over channel average.
It was a decent start, but Hot in Cleveland was down from its first season finale which did 3.4 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating on Aug. 18. However, the season premiere was up from the two episodes prior to that season finale (on Aug. 4 and 11). And while Hot in Cleveland was #1 for the night on basic cable among originals, a rerun of NCIS on USA Network at 8pm was #1 for the night on basic cable primetime with a 2.6 HH rating and 4.18 million total viewers. Hot in Cleveland is now taking a back seat as the highest rated sitcom on basic cable overall, as it is miles behind BET's The Game on Tuesday nights at 10, which continued its high ratings for week two (5.94 million and a 2.8 18-49 rating).
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Jan. 24-28, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, January 24, 2011
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Watch Valerie on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS and also on The Wendy Williams Show with Jane Leeves (Hot in Cleveland/Frasier) and Wendie Mallick (Hot in Cleveland/Just Shoot Me!/Big Day), so check your listings or watch on BET at 12am.
- Ed O'Neill (Modern Family/Married...with Children) - Catch Ed on the Tavis Smiley Show on PBS, so check you listings for time.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Watch the lovely star on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your listings.
- Regina King (227) - The former sitcom star visits CBS's The Talk at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Catch Joel on The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your listings for time and station.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Watch the funny lady on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:06am.
- Betty White (The Golden Girls/Hot in Cleveland/Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Betty visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT on CBS then in late night on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS at 12:37am.
- Busy Phillips (Cougar Town) - Watch Busy on Lopez Tonight on on TBS at 12 midnight.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) - Watch Yvette on ABC's The View at 11am ET/10am CT-PT on ABC.
- Jerry O'Connell (Carpoolers) - Watch the funnyman on The Rachel Ray Show, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Episodes/Friends/Joey) - Watch Matt on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS at 12:37am.
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) - Catch Jon on Conan on TBS at 11pm.
- Kelsey Grammer (Frasier/Cheers/Back to You/Hank) - Watch Kelsey on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check your listings.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The TODAY Show on NBC so watch him sometime between 7-11am, probably 10am hour.
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company/Step by Step/She's the Sheriff) - Watch Suzanne on The Rachel Ray Show, so check listings.
- Kelsey Grammer (Frasier/Cheers/Back to You/Hank) - Catch Kelsey on a REPEAT of Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jay Mohr (Gary Unmarried) - Watch Jay on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on NBC at 11:35pm.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny) - Catch Fran on the Oprah show so check your local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.