Friday, January 21, 2011
Mixed Results for Hot in Cleveland and Retired at 35 Premieres on TV Land; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of January 24, 2011)
Hot in Cleveland posted a 1.4 A25-54 rating and 1.4 million A25-54 viewers in the network's target Adults 25-54 audience, up a whopping 243% in rating and 239% in viewers over the network's primetime average. TV Land averaged nearly 3 million total viewers, an increase of 199% over primetime. Among Women 25-54, TV Land scored a 1.6 rating and 819,000 viewers, up 244% in rating and viewers over network channel average. Among the channel's core audience of Adults 40-54, the network scored a 1.9 rating and 1.1 million viewers, an increase of 248% in rating and 247% in viewers over TV Land primetime average.
Retired at 35 averaged over 2 million total viewers, up 104% over channel primetime average. The sitcom scored a 0.9 A25-54 rating and 982,000 viewers in that demo, up 135% in rating and 134% in viewers among A25-54 versus TV Land primetime average. Among Women 25-54, it scored a 1.1 rating and 555,000 viewers, up 133% in rating and viewers over channel norm. Among A40-54, the network posted a 1.4 rating and 798,000 viewers, up 157% in rating and viewers over channel average.
It was a decent start, but Hot in Cleveland was down from its first season finale which did 3.4 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating on Aug. 18. However, the season premiere was up from the two episodes prior to that season finale (on Aug. 4 and 11). And while Hot in Cleveland was #1 for the night on basic cable among originals, a rerun of NCIS on USA Network at 8pm was #1 for the night on basic cable primetime with a 2.6 HH rating and 4.18 million total viewers. Hot in Cleveland is now taking a back seat as the highest rated sitcom on basic cable overall, as it is miles behind BET's The Game on Tuesday nights at 10, which continued its high ratings for week two (5.94 million and a 2.8 18-49 rating).
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Jan. 24-28, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, January 24, 2011
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Watch Valerie on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS and also on The Wendy Williams Show with Jane Leeves (Hot in Cleveland/Frasier) and Wendie Mallick (Hot in Cleveland/Just Shoot Me!/Big Day), so check your listings or watch on BET at 12am.
- Ed O'Neill (Modern Family/Married...with Children) - Catch Ed on the Tavis Smiley Show on PBS, so check you listings for time.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Watch the lovely star on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your listings.
- Regina King (227) - The former sitcom star visits CBS's The Talk at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Catch Joel on The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your listings for time and station.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Watch the funny lady on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:06am.
- Betty White (The Golden Girls/Hot in Cleveland/Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Betty visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT on CBS then in late night on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS at 12:37am.
- Busy Phillips (Cougar Town) - Watch Busy on Lopez Tonight on on TBS at 12 midnight.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) - Watch Yvette on ABC's The View at 11am ET/10am CT-PT on ABC.
- Jerry O'Connell (Carpoolers) - Watch the funnyman on The Rachel Ray Show, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Episodes/Friends/Joey) - Watch Matt on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS at 12:37am.
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) - Catch Jon on Conan on TBS at 11pm.
- Kelsey Grammer (Frasier/Cheers/Back to You/Hank) - Watch Kelsey on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check your listings.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The TODAY Show on NBC so watch him sometime between 7-11am, probably 10am hour.
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company/Step by Step/She's the Sheriff) - Watch Suzanne on The Rachel Ray Show, so check listings.
- Kelsey Grammer (Frasier/Cheers/Back to You/Hank) - Catch Kelsey on a REPEAT of Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jay Mohr (Gary Unmarried) - Watch Jay on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on NBC at 11:35pm.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny) - Catch Fran on the Oprah show so check your local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, February 24
Last Man Standing - "Take Me to Church" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa become increasingly worried their daughters don’t attend church anymore, so they decide to take it upon themselves to make church more interesting for everyone involved. When Ryan has Kyle as his guest on his podcast, they don’t expect their wives to hear their conversation.
Dr. Ken - "Allison Finds a Lump" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
During a self-exam, Allison finds a suspicious lump in her breast, causing Ken and the HMO gang to rally around her for support while she anxiously waits for the doctor’s diagnosis. Meanwhile, Dave has questions for how he will portray the character he’s playing in the school play, and Pat and Damona share an unexpected moment.
Stuck in the Middle - "Stuck in a Slushy War" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A slushy war breaks out when Harley's Slushy Shack faces new competition.
Friday, February 24
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Charlie Lawrence/Encore! Encore!) - Watch Nathan on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Zosia Mamet (Girls) - Zosia is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne) - Johnny is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Hayley Orrantia (The Goldbergs) - Hayley gives a musical performance on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kenan Thompson (Kenan & Kel) - Kenan appears on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.