Friday, January 21, 2011
Mixed Results for Hot in Cleveland and Retired at 35 Premieres on TV Land; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of January 24, 2011)
Hot in Cleveland posted a 1.4 A25-54 rating and 1.4 million A25-54 viewers in the network's target Adults 25-54 audience, up a whopping 243% in rating and 239% in viewers over the network's primetime average. TV Land averaged nearly 3 million total viewers, an increase of 199% over primetime. Among Women 25-54, TV Land scored a 1.6 rating and 819,000 viewers, up 244% in rating and viewers over network channel average. Among the channel's core audience of Adults 40-54, the network scored a 1.9 rating and 1.1 million viewers, an increase of 248% in rating and 247% in viewers over TV Land primetime average.
Retired at 35 averaged over 2 million total viewers, up 104% over channel primetime average. The sitcom scored a 0.9 A25-54 rating and 982,000 viewers in that demo, up 135% in rating and 134% in viewers among A25-54 versus TV Land primetime average. Among Women 25-54, it scored a 1.1 rating and 555,000 viewers, up 133% in rating and viewers over channel norm. Among A40-54, the network posted a 1.4 rating and 798,000 viewers, up 157% in rating and viewers over channel average.
It was a decent start, but Hot in Cleveland was down from its first season finale which did 3.4 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating on Aug. 18. However, the season premiere was up from the two episodes prior to that season finale (on Aug. 4 and 11). And while Hot in Cleveland was #1 for the night on basic cable among originals, a rerun of NCIS on USA Network at 8pm was #1 for the night on basic cable primetime with a 2.6 HH rating and 4.18 million total viewers. Hot in Cleveland is now taking a back seat as the highest rated sitcom on basic cable overall, as it is miles behind BET's The Game on Tuesday nights at 10, which continued its high ratings for week two (5.94 million and a 2.8 18-49 rating).
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Jan. 24-28, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, January 24, 2011
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Watch Valerie on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS and also on The Wendy Williams Show with Jane Leeves (Hot in Cleveland/Frasier) and Wendie Mallick (Hot in Cleveland/Just Shoot Me!/Big Day), so check your listings or watch on BET at 12am.
- Ed O'Neill (Modern Family/Married...with Children) - Catch Ed on the Tavis Smiley Show on PBS, so check you listings for time.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Watch the lovely star on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your listings.
- Regina King (227) - The former sitcom star visits CBS's The Talk at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Catch Joel on The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your listings for time and station.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Watch the funny lady on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:06am.
- Betty White (The Golden Girls/Hot in Cleveland/Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Betty visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT on CBS then in late night on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS at 12:37am.
- Busy Phillips (Cougar Town) - Watch Busy on Lopez Tonight on on TBS at 12 midnight.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) - Watch Yvette on ABC's The View at 11am ET/10am CT-PT on ABC.
- Jerry O'Connell (Carpoolers) - Watch the funnyman on The Rachel Ray Show, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Episodes/Friends/Joey) - Watch Matt on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS at 12:37am.
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) - Catch Jon on Conan on TBS at 11pm.
- Kelsey Grammer (Frasier/Cheers/Back to You/Hank) - Watch Kelsey on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check your listings.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The TODAY Show on NBC so watch him sometime between 7-11am, probably 10am hour.
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company/Step by Step/She's the Sheriff) - Watch Suzanne on The Rachel Ray Show, so check listings.
- Kelsey Grammer (Frasier/Cheers/Back to You/Hank) - Catch Kelsey on a REPEAT of Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jay Mohr (Gary Unmarried) - Watch Jay on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on NBC at 11:35pm.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny) - Catch Fran on the Oprah show so check your local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, December 7
The Goldbergs - "Globetrotters" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Adam attends a Globetrotters game, he falls in love with the “theatrics” of the team and tries doing his own tricks on the court. But when he cuts together a video that makes Barry look like he lost a game to Adam and his friends, Barry demands a rematch, culminating in an epic battle at the school gym. Meanwhile, it’s Murray’s 50th birthday, and, despite his protests, Beverly throws yet another surprise party for him but gets more than she bargained for.
Speechless - " S-L--SLED H-O--HOCKEY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
JJ instantly wants to join a sled hockey team made up entirely of people with disabilities, but Jimmy is not thrilled and thinks it’s dangerous. Meanwhile, Maya takes a CPR class with Kenneth, and she sees how popular he is and realizes that she needs to be nicer in order to keep him as JJ’s aide.
Modern Family - "A Tale of Three Cities" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After recent trips take the Dunphys to New York; Mitch, Cam and Lily to the Midwest; and Jay, Gloria, Manny and Joe to Juarez, Mexico; the Pritchett-Dunphy-Tucker clan reunites.
black-ish - "Nothing but Nepotism" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bow urges Dre to use his connections and secure Zoey a fellowship, but he doesn’t want his daughter relying on nepotism. When Bow finds Zoey a place at the hospital, Dre balks at the idea and successfully pulls some strings at Teen Vogue. Meanwhile, Junior loses his first job at an arcade pizza joint that the twins love after he reports their unclean practices to corporate, and they shut it down.
Younger - "Pigeons, Parrots, and Storks" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Liza and Josh’s future together is thrown into question after having opposing reactions to a near miss.
Impastor - "The Neighbor's Wife" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Buddy deals with the shocking arrival of Alexa’s husband. Dora makes a frightening discovery. Schmidt’s engagement party takes an unexpected turn.
Wednesday, December 7
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - Watch T.J on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Lily appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jane Lynch (Angel from Hell) and Kate Flannery (The Office) - Jane and Kate give a musical performance on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor/Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane) and Mircea Monroe (Impastor/Episodes) - Michael and Mircea are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer and the cast of Office Christmas Party are guests on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Aimee Carrero (Young & Hungry) - Aimee appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emmanuelle is a guest on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10am.