Friday, December 03, 2010
IFC Acquires Larry Sanders Show and Short-Lived Series; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of December 6, 2010)
IFC will air these critically acclaimed and award winning series within a new 90-minute comedy block, which will feature exclusive new interviews with writers, creators and stars of each show along with comedians who have been influenced by them. Each interviewee will give anecdotes and behind-the-scenes commentary and reveal personal stories related to each series. Hosted by comedian Scott Aukerman, founder of the Comedy Death-Ray weekly live comedy show in Los Angeles, the comedy block will launch on Monday, January 3 and air on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10:00-11:30PM ET/PT. The debut will feature interviews with actors Andy Dick (The Ben Stiller Show) and Sarah Silverman (Mr. Show).
The Larry Sanders Show will air Mon-Wed in the 11PM half-hour beginning Jan. 3; The Ben Stiller Show will air Wednesdays in the 10:30pm half-hour beginning Jan. 5; Mr. Show with Bob and David will air Fridays at 11:30pm half-hour beginning Jan. 7; and Action starring Jay Mohr will launch sometime later in 2011 (4th quarter). Arrested Development airs Mon-Wed at 10 and Undeclared Mon-Tues at 10:30pm.
IFC will offer viewers a sneak peek of Mr. Show and The Larry Sanders Show during special New Year's Eve and Day marathons. Mr. Show will air on New Year's Eve from midnight to 6am on New Year's Day. IFC will also showcase 24 hours of The Larry Sanders Show beginning New Year's Day at 6am and ending on Sunday, January 2 at 6am. More back-to-back episodes of Mr. Show will then air on Sunday from 6am to 6pm.
View more on these series in the press release.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Dec. 6-10, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, December 6, 2010
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Watch Ray on CBS Early Show sometime btween 7-9am, then on an all-new LIVE! with Regis & Kelly on your local affiliate and later that night on Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Catch the lovely Alyssa Milano on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly on your local stations and then on NBC TODAY show in the 10am hour, as her Lifetime movie premieres tonight at 9pm!
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show/Family Guy) - Mila appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on ABC at 12:06am.
- Nicole Sullivan ($#*! My Dad Says, King of Queens/Rita Rocks) - Catch Nicole on The Talk at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT on CBS.
- Busy Phillips (Cougar Town) - Catch Busy on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on at 12:37am on NBC.
- Rainn Wilson (The Office) - Watch Rainn on Conan on TBS at 11pm.
- Bob Saget (Full House/Surviving Suburbia/Entourage/Raising Dad) - Catch Bob on Lopez Tonight on TBS at 12am.
- Portia de Rossi (Arrested Development/Better Off Ted) - Watch Portia on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Ty Burell (Modern Family/Back to You) - Catch Ty on an all-new The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your local listings.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Catch Marlo with Phil Donahue on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your listings.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Catch Steve on ABC's Good Morning America, sometime between 7-9am.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Catch Ray on an all-new Conan on TBS at 11pm.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Catch Julie on a REPEAT of The Rachel Ray Show, so check listings for some Modern Family stars secrets!
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Catch Steve on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on your local station then later on Lopez Tonight at 12am on TBS.
- Florence Henderson (The Brady Bunch) - Watch Florence on an all-new The Joy Behar Show on HLN at 9pm.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser M.D.) - Catch Neil on an all-new Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
Michael J. Fox appears on Weekend TODAY show on Sunday (Dec. 12) at 9am on NBC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.