Friday, December 03, 2010
IFC Acquires Larry Sanders Show and Short-Lived Series; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of December 6, 2010)
IFC will air these critically acclaimed and award winning series within a new 90-minute comedy block, which will feature exclusive new interviews with writers, creators and stars of each show along with comedians who have been influenced by them. Each interviewee will give anecdotes and behind-the-scenes commentary and reveal personal stories related to each series. Hosted by comedian Scott Aukerman, founder of the Comedy Death-Ray weekly live comedy show in Los Angeles, the comedy block will launch on Monday, January 3 and air on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10:00-11:30PM ET/PT. The debut will feature interviews with actors Andy Dick (The Ben Stiller Show) and Sarah Silverman (Mr. Show).
The Larry Sanders Show will air Mon-Wed in the 11PM half-hour beginning Jan. 3; The Ben Stiller Show will air Wednesdays in the 10:30pm half-hour beginning Jan. 5; Mr. Show with Bob and David will air Fridays at 11:30pm half-hour beginning Jan. 7; and Action starring Jay Mohr will launch sometime later in 2011 (4th quarter). Arrested Development airs Mon-Wed at 10 and Undeclared Mon-Tues at 10:30pm.
IFC will offer viewers a sneak peek of Mr. Show and The Larry Sanders Show during special New Year's Eve and Day marathons. Mr. Show will air on New Year's Eve from midnight to 6am on New Year's Day. IFC will also showcase 24 hours of The Larry Sanders Show beginning New Year's Day at 6am and ending on Sunday, January 2 at 6am. More back-to-back episodes of Mr. Show will then air on Sunday from 6am to 6pm.
View more on these series in the press release.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Dec. 6-10, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, December 6, 2010
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Watch Ray on CBS Early Show sometime btween 7-9am, then on an all-new LIVE! with Regis & Kelly on your local affiliate and later that night on Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Catch the lovely Alyssa Milano on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly on your local stations and then on NBC TODAY show in the 10am hour, as her Lifetime movie premieres tonight at 9pm!
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show/Family Guy) - Mila appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on ABC at 12:06am.
- Nicole Sullivan ($#*! My Dad Says, King of Queens/Rita Rocks) - Catch Nicole on The Talk at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT on CBS.
- Busy Phillips (Cougar Town) - Catch Busy on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on at 12:37am on NBC.
- Rainn Wilson (The Office) - Watch Rainn on Conan on TBS at 11pm.
- Bob Saget (Full House/Surviving Suburbia/Entourage/Raising Dad) - Catch Bob on Lopez Tonight on TBS at 12am.
- Portia de Rossi (Arrested Development/Better Off Ted) - Watch Portia on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Ty Burell (Modern Family/Back to You) - Catch Ty on an all-new The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your local listings.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Catch Marlo with Phil Donahue on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your listings.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Catch Steve on ABC's Good Morning America, sometime between 7-9am.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Catch Ray on an all-new Conan on TBS at 11pm.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Catch Julie on a REPEAT of The Rachel Ray Show, so check listings for some Modern Family stars secrets!
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Catch Steve on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on your local station then later on Lopez Tonight at 12am on TBS.
- Florence Henderson (The Brady Bunch) - Watch Florence on an all-new The Joy Behar Show on HLN at 9pm.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser M.D.) - Catch Neil on an all-new Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
Michael J. Fox appears on Weekend TODAY show on Sunday (Dec. 12) at 9am on NBC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 20
Kevin Can Wait - "Neighborhood Watch" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Donna’s cousin, Irene (Claire Coffee), comes to visit with her chatty husband, Stuart (Alexander Chaplin), Kevin concocts an elaborate plan to avoid spending time with them by forming a neighborhood watch group with his buddies, including his neighbor, Rootger (Bas Rutten).
Man with a Plan - "Kate's First Date" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Kate is asked out on her first date, Adam can’t curb his overprotective ways. Also, Don enlists Lowell’s help to buy the perfect anniversary gift for Marcy.
Superior Donuts - "Trust Me" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Arthur is reluctant to let Franco make the shop’s bank deposit, Franco accuses his boss of not trusting him. Also, James regrets confiding in Randy after she shares an embarrassing secret about him with other cops at the station.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Jessica Shmessica" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Bobby (Christopher Gorham) invites Caroline to a party to meet his family, she is eager to make a good impression but isn’t prepared for the torch that his mother and sisters still carry for Bobby’s ex-girlfriend. Also, Caroline’s nerves are even more frayed when the diner gang decides to tag along. Guest stars include Nora Dunn as Bobby’s mother, Teresa, and Kerri Kenney-Silver as his sister, Denise.
Monday, February 20
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr (M*A*S*H) - Mike, Loretta and Jamie are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Anne-Marie Johnson (What's Happening Now!!) - Anne-Marie discusses diversity at the Oscars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Regina Hall (Grandfathered) - Regina appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/The Louie Show/Life with Louie) - Louie is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.