Friday, December 03, 2010
IFC Acquires Larry Sanders Show and Short-Lived Series; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of December 6, 2010)
IFC will air these critically acclaimed and award winning series within a new 90-minute comedy block, which will feature exclusive new interviews with writers, creators and stars of each show along with comedians who have been influenced by them. Each interviewee will give anecdotes and behind-the-scenes commentary and reveal personal stories related to each series. Hosted by comedian Scott Aukerman, founder of the Comedy Death-Ray weekly live comedy show in Los Angeles, the comedy block will launch on Monday, January 3 and air on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10:00-11:30PM ET/PT. The debut will feature interviews with actors Andy Dick (The Ben Stiller Show) and Sarah Silverman (Mr. Show).
The Larry Sanders Show will air Mon-Wed in the 11PM half-hour beginning Jan. 3; The Ben Stiller Show will air Wednesdays in the 10:30pm half-hour beginning Jan. 5; Mr. Show with Bob and David will air Fridays at 11:30pm half-hour beginning Jan. 7; and Action starring Jay Mohr will launch sometime later in 2011 (4th quarter). Arrested Development airs Mon-Wed at 10 and Undeclared Mon-Tues at 10:30pm.
IFC will offer viewers a sneak peek of Mr. Show and The Larry Sanders Show during special New Year's Eve and Day marathons. Mr. Show will air on New Year's Eve from midnight to 6am on New Year's Day. IFC will also showcase 24 hours of The Larry Sanders Show beginning New Year's Day at 6am and ending on Sunday, January 2 at 6am. More back-to-back episodes of Mr. Show will then air on Sunday from 6am to 6pm.
View more on these series in the press release.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Dec. 6-10, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, December 6, 2010
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Watch Ray on CBS Early Show sometime btween 7-9am, then on an all-new LIVE! with Regis & Kelly on your local affiliate and later that night on Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Catch the lovely Alyssa Milano on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly on your local stations and then on NBC TODAY show in the 10am hour, as her Lifetime movie premieres tonight at 9pm!
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show/Family Guy) - Mila appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on ABC at 12:06am.
- Nicole Sullivan ($#*! My Dad Says, King of Queens/Rita Rocks) - Catch Nicole on The Talk at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT on CBS.
- Busy Phillips (Cougar Town) - Catch Busy on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on at 12:37am on NBC.
- Rainn Wilson (The Office) - Watch Rainn on Conan on TBS at 11pm.
- Bob Saget (Full House/Surviving Suburbia/Entourage/Raising Dad) - Catch Bob on Lopez Tonight on TBS at 12am.
- Portia de Rossi (Arrested Development/Better Off Ted) - Watch Portia on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Ty Burell (Modern Family/Back to You) - Catch Ty on an all-new The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your local listings.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Catch Marlo with Phil Donahue on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your listings.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Catch Steve on ABC's Good Morning America, sometime between 7-9am.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Catch Ray on an all-new Conan on TBS at 11pm.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Catch Julie on a REPEAT of The Rachel Ray Show, so check listings for some Modern Family stars secrets!
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Catch Steve on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on your local station then later on Lopez Tonight at 12am on TBS.
- Florence Henderson (The Brady Bunch) - Watch Florence on an all-new The Joy Behar Show on HLN at 9pm.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser M.D.) - Catch Neil on an all-new Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
Michael J. Fox appears on Weekend TODAY show on Sunday (Dec. 12) at 9am on NBC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, January 24
The Middle - "A Tough Pill to Swallow" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When a devastated Sue discovers that she has been kicked out of college because she forgot to renew her financial aid, Mike tries to come to her rescue and convince a tough college bursar to reinstate her. Meanwhile, having only taken oral liquid medication all of his life, a frustrated Frankie does everything in her power to teach Brick how to swallow a pill when he gets an ear infection; and Hutch becomes angry with Axl after he keeps driving the Winnebago without permission to Orson to visit new girlfriend April – leaving Hutch without any means of transportation to get to class.
American Housewife - "Art Show" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Anna-Kat draws a super plus-sized portrait of Katie for the school art show, Katie sets out to retrieve it by any means necessary. Meanwhile, with Katie away, Doris is left in charge of Oliver and Taylor. She’s determined to whip them into shape with her Tiger Mom skills, but she may have met her match.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Coming From America" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Louis flies the entire family to Taiwan in an effort to make things right with Gene (Ken Jeong). Upon meeting Gene’s beautiful fiancé, Margaret, and seeing the wonderful life he has built for himself, Louis questions whether his life in Orlando is just as great as it could be in Taiwan. Meanwhile, Jessica takes Eddie, Emery and Evan to her favorite childhood locales, including Dihua Street and Shilin Night Market.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Match" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Jimmy recruits a reluctant Kenny to join his wrestling team for a one-time match, a surprise victory gives him the confidence to join the team full time to become the first, openly gay athlete at St. Barklays. Kenny’s newfound stardom makes Jimmy feel a bit replaced, but when an opponent refuses to wrestle his brother, Jimmy puts his feelings aside and rallies the team around Kenny. Meanwhile, Pat injures his back trying to help Eileen prepare for a weekend getaway, but things only get worse when she tries to be the perfect caregiver to impress VP Murray but fails miserably.
New Girl - "The Hike" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
While on a day hike, Jess and Robby (guest star Nelson Franklin) discover something unexpected about their relationship. Also, Winston throws a surprise welcome home party for Aly (guest star Nasim Pedrad). Meanwhile, Schmidt and Cece fail to impress their new neighbors.
The Mick - "The Master" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
All hell breaks loose, as the kids fight over who will take the master bedroom. Also, Mickey pursues a wealthy businessman who quickly discovers that she is not the prize he thought she was.
Teachers - "Stranger Danger" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
There’s a trespasser at Fillmore and a new security guard is hired. Ms. Snap and Ms. Bennigan hold a “Women Empowering Women” workshop, Mrs. Adler takes stranger danger too far, and Ms. Watson purchases a male safety dummy.
Tuesday, January 24
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Catch Retta on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Claudia O'Doherty (Love) - Claudia is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John talks about Patriots Day on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette visits Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jennifer Esposito (Samantha Who?/Spin City) - Jennifer appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina talks about the new Netflix series One Day at a Time on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.