Friday, December 03, 2010
IFC Acquires Larry Sanders Show and Short-Lived Series; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of December 6, 2010)
IFC will air these critically acclaimed and award winning series within a new 90-minute comedy block, which will feature exclusive new interviews with writers, creators and stars of each show along with comedians who have been influenced by them. Each interviewee will give anecdotes and behind-the-scenes commentary and reveal personal stories related to each series. Hosted by comedian Scott Aukerman, founder of the Comedy Death-Ray weekly live comedy show in Los Angeles, the comedy block will launch on Monday, January 3 and air on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10:00-11:30PM ET/PT. The debut will feature interviews with actors Andy Dick (The Ben Stiller Show) and Sarah Silverman (Mr. Show).
The Larry Sanders Show will air Mon-Wed in the 11PM half-hour beginning Jan. 3; The Ben Stiller Show will air Wednesdays in the 10:30pm half-hour beginning Jan. 5; Mr. Show with Bob and David will air Fridays at 11:30pm half-hour beginning Jan. 7; and Action starring Jay Mohr will launch sometime later in 2011 (4th quarter). Arrested Development airs Mon-Wed at 10 and Undeclared Mon-Tues at 10:30pm.
IFC will offer viewers a sneak peek of Mr. Show and The Larry Sanders Show during special New Year's Eve and Day marathons. Mr. Show will air on New Year's Eve from midnight to 6am on New Year's Day. IFC will also showcase 24 hours of The Larry Sanders Show beginning New Year's Day at 6am and ending on Sunday, January 2 at 6am. More back-to-back episodes of Mr. Show will then air on Sunday from 6am to 6pm.
View more on these series in the press release.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Dec. 6-10, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, December 6, 2010
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Watch Ray on CBS Early Show sometime btween 7-9am, then on an all-new LIVE! with Regis & Kelly on your local affiliate and later that night on Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Catch the lovely Alyssa Milano on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly on your local stations and then on NBC TODAY show in the 10am hour, as her Lifetime movie premieres tonight at 9pm!
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show/Family Guy) - Mila appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on ABC at 12:06am.
- Nicole Sullivan ($#*! My Dad Says, King of Queens/Rita Rocks) - Catch Nicole on The Talk at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT on CBS.
- Busy Phillips (Cougar Town) - Catch Busy on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on at 12:37am on NBC.
- Rainn Wilson (The Office) - Watch Rainn on Conan on TBS at 11pm.
- Bob Saget (Full House/Surviving Suburbia/Entourage/Raising Dad) - Catch Bob on Lopez Tonight on TBS at 12am.
- Portia de Rossi (Arrested Development/Better Off Ted) - Watch Portia on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Ty Burell (Modern Family/Back to You) - Catch Ty on an all-new The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your local listings.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Catch Marlo with Phil Donahue on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your listings.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Catch Steve on ABC's Good Morning America, sometime between 7-9am.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Catch Ray on an all-new Conan on TBS at 11pm.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Catch Julie on a REPEAT of The Rachel Ray Show, so check listings for some Modern Family stars secrets!
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Catch Steve on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on your local station then later on Lopez Tonight at 12am on TBS.
- Florence Henderson (The Brady Bunch) - Watch Florence on an all-new The Joy Behar Show on HLN at 9pm.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser M.D.) - Catch Neil on an all-new Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
Michael J. Fox appears on Weekend TODAY show on Sunday (Dec. 12) at 9am on NBC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.