Wednesday, December 22, 2010
CBS will give freshman drama Blue Bloods a four-week run on Wednesdays at 10:00pm beginning Wednesday, Jan. 19 through and including Feb. 9. After these four weeks, it will return to its regular Friday time period of 10:00pm on Feb. 11. CBS will air repeats on Fridays at 10:00pm from Jan. 7-Feb. 4 until Blue Bloods returns on Feb. 11. The Defenders, which currently airs Wednesdays at 10:00pm, relocates to Fridays at 8:00pm effective Feb. 4 through and including March 25. The series will have its last Wednesday airing on Jan. 12. After Blue Bloods' four-week run on Wednesdays at 10 is over, CBS will premiere a new 13 episode series. Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior, a spin-off of CBS's Criminal Minds, premieres Wednesday, Feb. 16 at 10:00pm, airing right after the parent series. That is the same night Survivor returns with an all-new season at 8pm. Moving on, CBS premieres new drama Chaos on Fridays at 8pm beginning April 1, the week after The Defenders airs its season finale. The series has a 13 episode order, so it will likely run in the summer as well.
Moving on to sitcom news, CBS will premiere a new sitcom, move a sitcom and end one early. Mad Love, a comedy about a quartet of New Yorkers, two of whom are falling in love while the other two despise each other, premieres Monday, Feb. 21 at8:30pm following How I Met Your Mother. The series has a 13 episode order and will remain in this timeslot for the rest of the season. As a result of this change, Rules of Engagement will move from Mondays at 8:30pm to Thursdays at 8:30pm beginning Feb. 24 and airing after The Big Bang Theory. This means $#*! My Dad Says is off the schedule, but it will complete its on-air order of 17 episodes for the season after its Feb. 17 airing.
Yes, that is a lot to digest. View the CBS Mid-season 2011 press release and schedule for more information.
Antenna TV has announced its first week (Jan. 1-9) episodes and movies. We are very happy to report that every series they will air will start with the first episode and go in order from there. The only exception to not starting from the beginning will be on the Sunday series Showcase '39 which starts with episodes 153 and 154 ("Mr. Kagle & the Baby Sitter" and "Panic") in the 7am hour. That series is very rare as it is, so it doesn't really matter. There will be a few series that will go in production order, like Maude, but most will go in airdate order (such as Three's Company). The network launch marathon weekend of Jan. 1-2 with The Three Stooges and Benny Hill will also be aired in order, with Benny Hill's first 46 episodes airing. They will start both series from the beginning again on their regular Friday and Saturday night airings starting Jan. 7.
As for the films, they will air the movies weekdays from 1am-1pm and on weekends from 3am-7am. A nice mix of films from the '50s to the '90s will air from the Columbia Tri-Star library. Premiere week films are Real Genius (1985), Beverly Hills Ninja (1997), Dick (1999), Blind Date (1987), Mrs. Winterbourne (1996), The Freshman (1990), Born Yesterday (1950), Picnic (1955), Muppets From Space (1999) and Muppets Take Manhattan (1984). That is just for week one (Jan. 3-9), look for more classics to come! We are about 10 days away from the Jan. 1 launch! Check out their website for affiliate information and stay with us for further information!
Last week we announced that KTLA in Los Angeles will be airing a preview of Antenna TV on Dec. 18, 19 and 26. And Dec. 18 and 19 was a success with shows like Dennis the Menace, Father Knows Best, Burns & Allen, Sanford & Son, Gidget, Circus Boy, The Monkees and The Three Stooges all getting a preview. We announced that on Sunday, Dec, 26 from 1pm-4pm PT, KTLA would have The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin, The Adventures of Wild Bill Hickok and The Iron Horse, but KTLA has changed the scheduled a bit. The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin remains in the 1pm hour, but at 2pm it will now be an episode of Here Come the Brides and the 3pm hour will feature back-to-back episodes of The Partridge Family. Fans in L.A. please take note of the change! After this preview airs in Los Angeles, Antenna TV is less than 6 days away from launch on Jan. 1 nationwide!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Girls - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Seven (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Eight (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Seasons Seven and Eight (Mill Creek)
01/13 - The Big House - The Complete Series
01/13 - Episodes - The Third Season
01/13 - The Facts of Life - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory
01/20 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 31
Henry Danger - "Let's Make a Steal" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Captain Man gets Henry a spot on his favorite game show, Spin and Win, in an attempt to investigate a string of robberies. But Henry soon finds himself a victim of one such robbery.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "The Secret" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Dawn learns that the boys have been keeping things from her, she decides they must all share a secret to repair the quad circle of trust. But when Dawn's secret is revealed at school, she threatens to expose them all.
Bella and the Bulldogs - "Pretty in Stink" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bella hears her crush Kyle likes her when the big school dance is coming up, but she learns she has to follow a Bulldog superstition to not shower. Bella must decide between the boy of her dreams and the boys on the team.
The Thundermans - "Thunder Van" (Nickelodeon, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Hank brings the Thundervan back from Metroburg for Phoebe to continue her superhero training, but when the kids sneak in to the van for an unauthorized joyride, Hank gives them a ride they will never forget.
Monday, February 2
- Sean Hayes (The Millers/Sean Saves the World/Will & Grace) - Sean guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin visits Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Seth Morris (The Hotwives of Orlando/Go On/Happy Endings) - Seth appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy chats on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Tom Arnold (Roseanne/Tom/The Tom Show) - Tom is a guest on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Simon appears on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET. He also talks about his new film We'll Never Have Paris on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Josh Segarra (Sirens) - Josh talks about USA Network's Sirens on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Gregory Harrison (Joey/The Family Man) - Gregory gives a look at his new Hallmark Channel original movie Cloudy with a Chance of Love on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall discusses his new ABC sitcom Fresh Off the Boat on HuffPost Live at 4:40pm. Fresh Off the Boat premieres on ABC on February 4 at 8:30pm and 9:30pm ET/PT.
- Michael Ian Black (Burning Love/Ed) - Michael is a guest on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea discusses the Super Bowl on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly is part of the guest panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Barry Williams (The Brady Bunch) - Barry talks about his new show A Very Barry Branson on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings. A Very Barry Branson premieres on GAC on February 5.