Wednesday, December 22, 2010
CBS will give freshman drama Blue Bloods a four-week run on Wednesdays at 10:00pm beginning Wednesday, Jan. 19 through and including Feb. 9. After these four weeks, it will return to its regular Friday time period of 10:00pm on Feb. 11. CBS will air repeats on Fridays at 10:00pm from Jan. 7-Feb. 4 until Blue Bloods returns on Feb. 11. The Defenders, which currently airs Wednesdays at 10:00pm, relocates to Fridays at 8:00pm effective Feb. 4 through and including March 25. The series will have its last Wednesday airing on Jan. 12. After Blue Bloods' four-week run on Wednesdays at 10 is over, CBS will premiere a new 13 episode series. Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior, a spin-off of CBS's Criminal Minds, premieres Wednesday, Feb. 16 at 10:00pm, airing right after the parent series. That is the same night Survivor returns with an all-new season at 8pm. Moving on, CBS premieres new drama Chaos on Fridays at 8pm beginning April 1, the week after The Defenders airs its season finale. The series has a 13 episode order, so it will likely run in the summer as well.
Moving on to sitcom news, CBS will premiere a new sitcom, move a sitcom and end one early. Mad Love, a comedy about a quartet of New Yorkers, two of whom are falling in love while the other two despise each other, premieres Monday, Feb. 21 at8:30pm following How I Met Your Mother. The series has a 13 episode order and will remain in this timeslot for the rest of the season. As a result of this change, Rules of Engagement will move from Mondays at 8:30pm to Thursdays at 8:30pm beginning Feb. 24 and airing after The Big Bang Theory. This means $#*! My Dad Says is off the schedule, but it will complete its on-air order of 17 episodes for the season after its Feb. 17 airing.
Yes, that is a lot to digest. View the CBS Mid-season 2011 press release and schedule for more information.
Antenna TV has announced its first week (Jan. 1-9) episodes and movies. We are very happy to report that every series they will air will start with the first episode and go in order from there. The only exception to not starting from the beginning will be on the Sunday series Showcase '39 which starts with episodes 153 and 154 ("Mr. Kagle & the Baby Sitter" and "Panic") in the 7am hour. That series is very rare as it is, so it doesn't really matter. There will be a few series that will go in production order, like Maude, but most will go in airdate order (such as Three's Company). The network launch marathon weekend of Jan. 1-2 with The Three Stooges and Benny Hill will also be aired in order, with Benny Hill's first 46 episodes airing. They will start both series from the beginning again on their regular Friday and Saturday night airings starting Jan. 7.
As for the films, they will air the movies weekdays from 1am-1pm and on weekends from 3am-7am. A nice mix of films from the '50s to the '90s will air from the Columbia Tri-Star library. Premiere week films are Real Genius (1985), Beverly Hills Ninja (1997), Dick (1999), Blind Date (1987), Mrs. Winterbourne (1996), The Freshman (1990), Born Yesterday (1950), Picnic (1955), Muppets From Space (1999) and Muppets Take Manhattan (1984). That is just for week one (Jan. 3-9), look for more classics to come! We are about 10 days away from the Jan. 1 launch! Check out their website for affiliate information and stay with us for further information!
Last week we announced that KTLA in Los Angeles will be airing a preview of Antenna TV on Dec. 18, 19 and 26. And Dec. 18 and 19 was a success with shows like Dennis the Menace, Father Knows Best, Burns & Allen, Sanford & Son, Gidget, Circus Boy, The Monkees and The Three Stooges all getting a preview. We announced that on Sunday, Dec, 26 from 1pm-4pm PT, KTLA would have The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin, The Adventures of Wild Bill Hickok and The Iron Horse, but KTLA has changed the scheduled a bit. The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin remains in the 1pm hour, but at 2pm it will now be an episode of Here Come the Brides and the 3pm hour will feature back-to-back episodes of The Partridge Family. Fans in L.A. please take note of the change! After this preview airs in Los Angeles, Antenna TV is less than 6 days away from launch on Jan. 1 nationwide!
Bob's Burgers - "The Frond Files" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT)
Bob and Linda visit school and learn that their kids' essays about their fantasy version of Wagstaff are "too creative" and "offensive." Eugene transforms the school into a "Fart School for the Gifted" (watch out for Keyboard Jail); Tina, to her delight, depicts a world where she is romanced by countless zombie teenage boys; and Louise creates a school where she takes down a robotic Mr. Frond from the future ("We need more creamed corn!").
The Simpsons - "Diggs" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
Bart is rescued from a confrontation with Springfield Elementary's bullies by Diggs (guest voice Daniel Radcliffe), a recent transfer student and aspiring champion in the niche sport of falconry. But, Bart soon discovers that Diggs wants to do more than just wrangle falcons: he wants to take to the sky himself.
The Simpsons - "The Man Who Grew Too Much" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
On a research trip, Lisa is shocked to discover that Sideshow Bob is now the chief scientist at a massive chemical engineering company, but her fears are allayed as she becomes enamored with his likeminded appreciation of high-culture. Meanwhile, Marge's attempt to preach healthy sexual practices to a teen church group goes awry.
Family Guy - "Mom's the Word" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Peter's mother passes away, he forms a special friendship with her longtime pal, Evelyn (guest voice Lauren Bacall), who attempts to seduce Peter. Meanwhile, Stewie is distraught when he understands the reality of death for the first time.
Liv and Maddie - "Slump-A-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Maddie and Willow are excited to try out for the school's varsity softball team but Willow is in a slump and Maddie figures out why.
I Didn't Do It - "If It Takes Like a Brussels Sprout" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jasmine and Logan invent a spray that makes vegetables taste even more delicious.
Austin & Ally - "Cupids & Cuties" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Trish is nervous about an upcoming visit from a boy she has a crush on and acts strangely when he takes her on a date.
Monday, March 10
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Watch Steve on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Minnie Driver (About a Boy) - Minnie is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Weeds) - Kevin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nia Long (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air), Zulay Henao (Love Thy Neighbor), Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) and Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs) - The cast of The Single Moms Club are guests on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul appears on The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten talks about her new movie Veronica Mars on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - Jennie joins Clinton Kelly and prepares a savory layered dish with mushrooms and polenta and discusses her new book (Deep Thoughts from a Hollywood Blonde) on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey and Troy Gentile (The Goldbergs) - Wendi and Troy will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings. Wendi will also be on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Chris Lowell (Enlisted) - Chris talks about the new Veronica Mars movie on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jenna Elfman (Growing Up Fisher/1600 Penn/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- The Cast of Mixology - The cast of Mixology will be guests on Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.