Monday, October 25, 2010
A few weeks ago we mentioned when Conan starts on Nov. 8, My Name is Earl will move from 12-1am to 5pm half-hour, replacing Everybody Loves Raymond in that slot...that is SORT OF still happening. Now My Name is Earl will replace Everybody Loves Raymond's 1:30pm slot instead. My Name is Earl will also NOT air on Thanksgiving Day now from 6-7pm, as previously planned. Everything else we mentioned remains as is, such as Sex and the City leaving the schedule and the Seinfeld "Happy Festivus" marathon on Friday, Nov. 26.
View the FULL TBS schedule when Conan starts on Nov. 8.
CBS has given full season orders to its entire freshman class - Hawaii Five-0, Blue Bloods, Mike & Molly, The Defenders and $#*! My Dad Says. Of the five, Mike & Molly and Hawaii Five-0 have emerged as the net's biggest new hits even though they are not breakout hits. Five-0 continues to drop in its timeslot each week in Adults 18-49, but still wins its hour. Exact episode count for each are not available yet, but all of them will for sure air beyond the original 13 episodes. Word is that $#*! My Dad Says has only gotten an additional six episodes ordered, giving it 19 episodes for the season--so technically it's not a full season order. The others are likely at the full season of 22 episodes, with maybe The Defenders getting a bit less. None of these episode counts are official, though so stay tuned! In mid-season CBS still has the comedy Mad Love, dramas Chaos and Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior, and reality series Live to Dance with Paula Abdul.
Meanwhile, The CW Network gave full season, back nine episode orders to both of its new freshman dramas Hellcats and Nikita, as well as veteran drama One Tree Hill, now in its eighth season. The latter was only ordered for a 13 episode eighth season, but now will get the full 22 episode season.
Since its premiere, Hellcats has dramatically improved The CW's Wednesday 9-10pm time period by 80% in women 18-34 (1.8/5), 100% in adults 18-34 (1.2/4) and 126% in total viewers (2.5mil). With breakout star Maggie Q, Nikita has become the second most-watched show on The CW (3.6mil), paired with the network's most watched series The Vampire Diaries.
The CW has not given any additional episodes to second year drama Life UneXpected yet. It has an order of 13 only, but is struggling in the ratings. The only other series The CW has in the bench is new reality series Shedding for the Wedding.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 28
Bunk'd - "Treehouse of Terror" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Zuri, Jorge and Tiffany enlist the support of an unexpected camper to help restore an abandoned treehouse, so they can use it as a new hangout; Emma and Lou and Ravi and Xander get competitive during a friendly game of billiards.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Do What You Gotta Do" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Joseph experiences an episode of sexual frustration due to Leslie's vow of chastity.
Friday, October 28
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - Watch John on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about The Price is Right on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine?/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Ricky stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) - Melissa looks back at her earliest memories on Clarissa Explains It All – and says she was really bossy on People Now at 8:30am.
- Damon Wayans (My Wife and Kids) - Damon is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.