Tuesday, September 07, 2010
I Dream of Jeannie joins The Jeffersons and Good Times (both of those are airing weekdays in the 10am hour starting Sept. 22) in sitcoms returning to TV Land in all-new deals. While Jeannie gets a launch marathon in late October, it won't air as a regular, as of now, until early November. So you will have to wait a bit longer to see when it will air as a regular. Bewitched will likely return from its hiatus with Jeannie.
Original series wise, She's Got the Look finishes its season on Wednesday, Sept. 29 at 10pm with the season finale, while the following week will have Harry Loves Lisa launch on Oct. 6. Harry Loves Lisa showcases the couple’s highs and lows as Harry Hamiln attempts to jumpstart his acting career, Lisa Rinna struggles with the tabloids and they both try to keep their clothing store Belle Gray afloat. The series offers full access to their lives as celebrities and shows that despite their many differences, this Hollywood marriage has managed to survive thanks to their values and undeniable chemistry. Whether Harry rolls his eyes or wrings his hands and Lisa is frustrated by his caution and frugality, Harry truly does love Lisa and the feeling is mutual. Their secret to marital bliss is acceptance...and a sense of humor.
Other TV Land October 2010 highlights include the continuation of The Andy Griffith Show's 50th anniversary marathon on Monday, Sept. 27 from 8am-6pm and the weekend of Saturday, Oct. 2 and Sunday, Oct. 3 from 4pm-8pm. October 3 is the actual anniversary of the series debut. "Dressing Up For Halloween" stunt on Halloween (Sunday, Oct. 31) starting at 2:30pm with movie airings of Mrs. Doubtfire and Tootsie. TV Land movie premieres for the month are Tootsie, The Princess Bride, Romancing the Stone, Mrs. Doubtfire and Airplane!
View the FULL TV Land October 2010 schedule and highlights. As of now, there are no changes to the regular schedule. I Dream of Jeannie is expected to join the schedule in November with the return of Bewitched. If TV Land changes anything in October, we'll let you know, so stay with us!
Moving on to ABC Family, they will have their annual 13 Nights of Halloween this October. They will kick-off the event on Tuesday, October 19 at 8pm with an all-new Halloween-themed episode of original sitcom Melissa & Joey titled "A Fright in the Attic." Each night in primetime and all-day on weekends will feature Halloween related programming including Halloween episodes of That '70s Show, America's Funniest Home Videos, Sabrina the Teenage Witch and movies such as The Goonies, Teen Witch, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Corpse Bride, The Spiderwick Chronicles, and TMNT. ABC Family will also premiere animated shorts--the nine-minute Disney's Trick or Treat and twelve-minute Disney's Lonesome Ghosts.
See the full 13 night schedule for ABC Family's 2010 edition of 13 Nights of Halloween.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, August 22
Last Man Standing - "Hard-ass Teacher" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eve has decided she wants to go to college at West Point. In order to do so she needs to get straight A’s, which might be a problem considering her geometry teacher, Mr. Hardin, is called “Hard-ass” Hardin for a reason. In turn, Eve asks Mike and Vanessa for their approval to switch teachers to an easier class -- a move Vanessa approves of but one that Mike sees as just the easy way out.
Last Man Standing - "April, Come She Will" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Vanessa’s mooching sister April comes to visit, Mike suspects it’s because she needs money. Sure enough, April explains that she’s decided to have a baby but doesn’t have the funds for a donor egg. While Vanessa and Mike aren’t on board, Mandy comes up with a solution. Meanwhile at Outdoor Man, Mike tries pulling a prank on Chuck Larabee that gives him some new perspective.
Jessie - "Coffee Talk" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jessie scores two VIP wristbands to Emma and Zuri's dream concert and the girls compete for the extra spot; Bertram is obsessed with his new talking coffee maker.
Dog with a Blog - "Karl Finds Out Stan's Secret" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Stan's secret talent is revealed to the family's neighbor, Karl; he doesn't find out about the blog, the moon walking or the driving, though.
Friday, August 22
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep/The New Adventures of Old Christine/Seinfeld) - Catch Julia on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Damon Wayans, Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) and Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Watch the stars of Let's Be Cops on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman) - Tune in to see Mary on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison is a guest on a repeat of Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney is part of the guest panel on a repeat of Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Brandy (The Game/Moesha) - Brandy appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Tune in to see Mayim on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Jason is a guest on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Learn how Cedric is killing his cholesterol on a repeat of The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Valerie joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.