Tuesday, September 07, 2010
I Dream of Jeannie joins The Jeffersons and Good Times (both of those are airing weekdays in the 10am hour starting Sept. 22) in sitcoms returning to TV Land in all-new deals. While Jeannie gets a launch marathon in late October, it won't air as a regular, as of now, until early November. So you will have to wait a bit longer to see when it will air as a regular. Bewitched will likely return from its hiatus with Jeannie.
Original series wise, She's Got the Look finishes its season on Wednesday, Sept. 29 at 10pm with the season finale, while the following week will have Harry Loves Lisa launch on Oct. 6. Harry Loves Lisa showcases the couple’s highs and lows as Harry Hamiln attempts to jumpstart his acting career, Lisa Rinna struggles with the tabloids and they both try to keep their clothing store Belle Gray afloat. The series offers full access to their lives as celebrities and shows that despite their many differences, this Hollywood marriage has managed to survive thanks to their values and undeniable chemistry. Whether Harry rolls his eyes or wrings his hands and Lisa is frustrated by his caution and frugality, Harry truly does love Lisa and the feeling is mutual. Their secret to marital bliss is acceptance...and a sense of humor.
Other TV Land October 2010 highlights include the continuation of The Andy Griffith Show's 50th anniversary marathon on Monday, Sept. 27 from 8am-6pm and the weekend of Saturday, Oct. 2 and Sunday, Oct. 3 from 4pm-8pm. October 3 is the actual anniversary of the series debut. "Dressing Up For Halloween" stunt on Halloween (Sunday, Oct. 31) starting at 2:30pm with movie airings of Mrs. Doubtfire and Tootsie. TV Land movie premieres for the month are Tootsie, The Princess Bride, Romancing the Stone, Mrs. Doubtfire and Airplane!
View the FULL TV Land October 2010 schedule and highlights. As of now, there are no changes to the regular schedule. I Dream of Jeannie is expected to join the schedule in November with the return of Bewitched. If TV Land changes anything in October, we'll let you know, so stay with us!
Moving on to ABC Family, they will have their annual 13 Nights of Halloween this October. They will kick-off the event on Tuesday, October 19 at 8pm with an all-new Halloween-themed episode of original sitcom Melissa & Joey titled "A Fright in the Attic." Each night in primetime and all-day on weekends will feature Halloween related programming including Halloween episodes of That '70s Show, America's Funniest Home Videos, Sabrina the Teenage Witch and movies such as The Goonies, Teen Witch, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Corpse Bride, The Spiderwick Chronicles, and TMNT. ABC Family will also premiere animated shorts--the nine-minute Disney's Trick or Treat and twelve-minute Disney's Lonesome Ghosts.
See the full 13 night schedule for ABC Family's 2010 edition of 13 Nights of Halloween.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.