Tuesday, September 07, 2010
I Dream of Jeannie joins The Jeffersons and Good Times (both of those are airing weekdays in the 10am hour starting Sept. 22) in sitcoms returning to TV Land in all-new deals. While Jeannie gets a launch marathon in late October, it won't air as a regular, as of now, until early November. So you will have to wait a bit longer to see when it will air as a regular. Bewitched will likely return from its hiatus with Jeannie.
Original series wise, She's Got the Look finishes its season on Wednesday, Sept. 29 at 10pm with the season finale, while the following week will have Harry Loves Lisa launch on Oct. 6. Harry Loves Lisa showcases the couple’s highs and lows as Harry Hamiln attempts to jumpstart his acting career, Lisa Rinna struggles with the tabloids and they both try to keep their clothing store Belle Gray afloat. The series offers full access to their lives as celebrities and shows that despite their many differences, this Hollywood marriage has managed to survive thanks to their values and undeniable chemistry. Whether Harry rolls his eyes or wrings his hands and Lisa is frustrated by his caution and frugality, Harry truly does love Lisa and the feeling is mutual. Their secret to marital bliss is acceptance...and a sense of humor.
Other TV Land October 2010 highlights include the continuation of The Andy Griffith Show's 50th anniversary marathon on Monday, Sept. 27 from 8am-6pm and the weekend of Saturday, Oct. 2 and Sunday, Oct. 3 from 4pm-8pm. October 3 is the actual anniversary of the series debut. "Dressing Up For Halloween" stunt on Halloween (Sunday, Oct. 31) starting at 2:30pm with movie airings of Mrs. Doubtfire and Tootsie. TV Land movie premieres for the month are Tootsie, The Princess Bride, Romancing the Stone, Mrs. Doubtfire and Airplane!
View the FULL TV Land October 2010 schedule and highlights. As of now, there are no changes to the regular schedule. I Dream of Jeannie is expected to join the schedule in November with the return of Bewitched. If TV Land changes anything in October, we'll let you know, so stay with us!
Moving on to ABC Family, they will have their annual 13 Nights of Halloween this October. They will kick-off the event on Tuesday, October 19 at 8pm with an all-new Halloween-themed episode of original sitcom Melissa & Joey titled "A Fright in the Attic." Each night in primetime and all-day on weekends will feature Halloween related programming including Halloween episodes of That '70s Show, America's Funniest Home Videos, Sabrina the Teenage Witch and movies such as The Goonies, Teen Witch, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Corpse Bride, The Spiderwick Chronicles, and TMNT. ABC Family will also premiere animated shorts--the nine-minute Disney's Trick or Treat and twelve-minute Disney's Lonesome Ghosts.
See the full 13 night schedule for ABC Family's 2010 edition of 13 Nights of Halloween.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 31
Fresh Off the Boat - "Tight Two" (ABC, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Louis prides himself on being a fun dad, but after he has an accident and is forced to stay home with the boys, he scrambles to find ways to entertain the kids. And while Louis is stuck at home, Jessica struggles to manage the staff and the new takeout service at Cattleman’s Ranch.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Phillip Goldstein" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eddie tries to befriend the only other Chinese kid in school (guest star Albert Tsai, “Trophy Wife”), but he’s in for a letdown after he finds out that they have nothing in common; Louis feels betrayed when Mitch (Paul Scheer) accepts a job at the rival Golden Saddle.
Tuesday, May 31
- Megan Fox (Hope & Faith) - Catch Megan on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley) - Thomas drops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) - Melissa is a guest on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris appears on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) - Kunal is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Rob Corddry (Ballers/The Winner) - Rob appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Paul F. Tompkins (DAG) - Paul is a guest on a repeat of The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Maya talks about Maya and Marty on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin talks about Maya and Marty on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 9am hour.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- David Schwimmer (Friends) - David will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michael Urie (Partners) - Michael discusses hosting the 61st Drama Desk Awards on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Ashley Tisdale (Clipped/The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) - Ashley discusses her first ever beauty line Illuminate by Ashley Tisdale on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Jenna Elfman (Dharma & Greg/Courting Alex/Accidentally on Purpose) - Jenna and her husband Bodhi discuss their hit podcast Kicking and Screaming on the the AOL Build Show at 5pm.
- Kenan Thompson (Kenan & Kel) - Kenan talks about Maya and Marty on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Laura Marano (Austin & Ally/Back to You) - Laura appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.