Monday, July 26, 2010
TV Land Fall 2010 Schedule Part 1 - Good Times, Jeffersons Return; Spike TV Returns Married with Children on Weekdays
First up there are three series that will have contracts expiring but two of those series are not airing currently. Hiatus series 3rd Rock from the Sun and Little House on the Prairie have expiring contracts along with The Cosby Show. It is a bit surprising that Cosby Show will not be renewed. Since three series are expiring, TV Land has three new deals coming this fall! Two of the new deals start in September with the return of The Jeffersons and Good Times! Both series will join the weekday morning line-up in the 10am hour starting Wednesday, Sept. 22 replacing an hour of Sanford & Son, which slides into 9:30am after All in the Family at 9a. The Jeffersons has not aired since August 2009, while Good Times' contract expired a few months ago in June and now has a new deal. Both of these series will be shared with cable network TV One once again. So what will replace The Cosby Show on the schedule? Starting Monday, Sept. 20, the 7pm hour will have another hour of Roseanne, while the 2am hour will have Home Improvement move up an hour, with Three's Company moving up to the 3am hour and M*A*S*H now airing from 4-6am. Everything else will remain the same generally, with The Nanny taking the 7am weekend hour starting Sept. 18.
Highlights for the month has original series She's Got the Look continue airing Wednesdays at 10pm all month long, with the season finale airing on Sept. 29. On Monday, Sept. 6, TV Land presents a Bewitched and The Nanny Labor Day Marathon! This Labor Day join two lovely ladies for some fun on the last unofficial day of summer! Spend the day with Samantha Stevens in Bewitched from 8am-2pm and Nanny Fine in The Nanny from 2pm-10pm. This is the only sighting for Bewitched in September, but more on that a bit later. Finally on Saturday, Sept. 25 and Sunday, Sept. 26 it's The Andy Griffith Show 50th Anniversary Celebration Kick-Off marathon! The kick-off airs 12:00pm-9:00pm on Saturday and 12:00pm-8:00pm on Sunday (ET/PT). As The Andy Griffith Show gets ready to celebrate its 50th anniversary on October 3, TV Land will do an early kick-off celebration for Andy and the gang on the weekend of Sept. 25-26. TV Land will celebrate the 50th anniversary in style in October, so stay tuned for information on that but for now enjoy the kick-off celebration on Sept. 25-26!
Movies for the month are premieres of Crocodile Dundee, How Stella Got Her Groove Back, Black Sheep, and When Harry Met Sally! Encores for the month are Three Men and a Baby, The Client, Top Gun, and Turner & Hooch. TV Land movies air Mondays nights at 10pm with blocks on Monday mornings and Saturday afternoons.
This is just part one of the TV Land Fall 2010 schedule. There will be more changes in October as another classic sitcom returns, while Bewitched is expected back from hiatus as well. Bewitched goes on a little hiatus starting Aug. 9, but not to worry TV Land still rights to the show for all of 2011 still, so it will be back. As for that sitcom returning in October, like The Jeffersons and Good Times, it is a new deal but a past sitcom that aired on the network. We will reveal that in a few weeks in part two of the TV Land Fall 2010 schedule. Hint: The Program Exchange will be syndicating it. Also in October, the new original series Harry Loves Lisa starring Harry Hamlin and Lisa Rina starts on Wednesday, Oct. 6.
View the full TV Land September 2010 schedule and highlights. Stay with us in the coming weeks for TV Land Fall 2010 Part 2 as October 2010 will be revealed. For now, stay with us for the rest of the summer for updates on other fall schedules for cable. Coming up will be TBS, WGN America, and much more! And if that is not all, the TCA Summer 2010 Press Tour starts tomorrow and will run through Aug. 7, so even more of a reason to stay with us everyday! Dog days of summer are over here on the blog now!
Spike TV has brought back Married...with Children back to weekdays effective TODAY (July 26). We got late word on Friday that they are removing The Unit from the schedule and replacing it with Al Bundy and family. The sitcom will air back-to-back in the weekday 9am hour and will continue to also air in its Sundays 9-11am block where it has been airing for a few weeks now.
It seems The Unit did not do too well on Spike TV. The series has been airing on the network since April, but it started off at 6pm before being moved to 9am. It's not too big of a deal, since The Unit airs on other networks. There are no other changes to the Spike TV line-up, so expect a lot of CSI NY, CSI, and Walker, Texas Ranger. Will there be changes come the fall? If there are, we will bring them to you in our Fall schedule barrage...so stay tuned!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.