Sunday, August 22, 2010
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Week 11, week of Aug. 9-15)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did 3.98 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating at 8pm, on par from previous week. A 7:30pm repeat led into the 8pm repeat doing 2.52 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, down a bit from previous week.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - 3.8 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8:30, on par from previous week.
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 episodes - Two repeats did 4.67/4.97 million and a 2.3/2.4 18-49 rating...up some from previous week. No NFL on NBC this week.
- American Dad! (Fox) - A repeat at 7pm did just 1.74 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, down from previous week at 7:30pm but better than Sons of Tucson at 7. The regular 9:30pm airing is not airing currently.
Tonight you can watch encores of Fox's animated comedies from 7-10 tonight. ABC airs repeats of two episodes of America's Funniest Home Videos and one Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Then it will be an all-new The Gates at 10pm. The show has been really good lately according to Pavan, but it hasn't attracted many viewers this summer. NBC will air a new Dateline followed by the Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers from Candlestick Park. Brett Favre makes his yearly return and should see some action. CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7pm followed by Sunday edition of Big Brother 12 and then repeats from 9-11 including Undercover Boss at 9 and CSI: Miami at 10.
Coming Week Preview (Aug. 23-27):
For Monday, on ABC, it's an all-new night with The Bachelor Pad from 8-10pm with hosts Chris Harrison and Melissa Rycroft and Dating in the Dark at 10pm. NBC will have a new Minute to Win It followed by the Miss Universe Pageant hosted by Brett Michaels and Today's Natalie Morales. On Fox, Lie to Me is all-new on its time of 9pm right after a House repeat. CBS and The CW are in repeats with their regular line-ups, which includes sitcoms on CBS.
On Tuesday, ABC will have an all-new episode of Wipeout, leading into Shaq VS Charles Barkley in golf and also competetive eating champion Joey Chestnut at 9pm, and special Tuesday repeat of Primetime: What Would You Do? at 10. NBC has a new Minute to Win It at 8 and an all-new two-hour America's Got Talent from 9-11pm. Fox is in repeats with two Glee repeats. The CW has repeats of Plain Jane and Life Unexpected, replacing the comedy import comedy 18 to Life. And once again CBS is in repeats with their regular Tuesday. Cable is good on Tuesdays too with a new episode of the multi-camera sitcom Melissa & Joey at 8 and a repeat of the second episode from last week 8:30 on ABC Family and the new spy drama Covert Affairs starring the sexy Piper Perabo on USA Network at 10pm.
On Wednesday, Fox has a two-hour MasterChef on its new night. NBC has a new showing of game show Minute to Win It at 8, then a new America's Got Talent at 9pm followed by a repeat of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. ABC has repeats of the comedies and Castle Wednesday at 10pm. CBS will have the Wednesday edition of Big Brother 12 followed by regular repeats. The CW has an all-new episode of reality series Plain Jane at 9pm.
On Thursday, ABC will have a special Thursday repeat of Wipeout followed by an all-new episode of the really good series Rookie Blue (Grey's Academy?) at 9, and then at 10pm its the second part of the four-part series from Nightline called Secrets of Your Mind - Why We Do What We Do. Fox will repeats of Bones and Fringe. CBS has the Thursday edition of Big Brother 12 at 8pm, followed by normal crime repeats. NBC is in repeats with with their comedies from 8-10 and then a repeat of Law & Order: SVU at 10 and The CW is also in repeats like usual.
On Friday, ABC has a repeat of Wife Swap at 8, followed by a repeat of ratings hit Primetime: What Would You Do? at 9pm, followed by a new 20/20 at 10. NBC has a two-hour Dateline from 9-11 followed a repeat of Who Do You Think You Are with NFL Hall of Famer Emmitt Smith. CBS will have the San Diego Chargers at the defending Super Bowl Champion New Orleans Saints from The Superdome in a pre-season game. Fox has the movie Bruce Almighty. The CW will have a concert special called The Gulf is Back followed by a Supernatural repeat.
On Saturday, its slow as usual. CBS has the Dallas Cowboys at Houston Texans from Reliant Stadium in pre-season action. Fox will have its usual crime reality with Cops and AMW. ABC has the movie Meet the Fockers followed by a repeat of Castle at 10pm. NBC has the final new episodes of Persons Unknown from 8-10 and then a repeat of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, February 22
The Goldbergs - "So Swayze It's Crazy" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Adam sees his friend on television, he asks Beverly for her help to become an actor, so Beverly enlists his friend’s mom Edie, who is a kid talent agent in town. Unfortunately, Edie insists Adam can only get “nerd” roles, so Beverly goes on a quest to make Adam a teenage heartthrob. Meanwhile, Barry decides to embrace the punk lifestyle, and Murray attempts to become more involved in Erica’s life, but it backfires.
Speechless - "O-S-- OSCAR P-A-- PARTY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the Dimeos throw their annual Oscar party with other special-needs families, Maya feels threatened by new mom Becca, who seems a little too perfect. Meanwhile, Jimmy encourages the fathers at the party to let loose while Ray tries to impress a girl by pretending to be someone he is not.
Modern Family - "Heavy Is the Head" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Despite their lofty hopes, Phil and Jay’s property investment might turn out to be a bust, forcing Phil to rethink his original dream. Meanwhile, Cam lands in the hospital due to a head injury and refuses to have an MRI thanks to a traumatic incident with a well when he was a child. Determined to finally impress Claire and keep her from re-gifting her birthday present, Gloria surprises her with a day of luxury at the office. However, after Claire had to implement some rather harsh budget cuts at work, a massage at her desk may not be sending the right message.
black-ish - "One Angry Man" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dre is forced to participate in jury duty after Junior responds to the summons that was thrown away. The case is supposed to be open and shut, but when Dre sees that the defendant is a young African American, he feels a civic responsibility to give him a fair trial. Meanwhile, Bow decides to let the kids swear in the house since they are more open with her that way, but she and Ruby soon regret the decision.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "The Gang Tends Bar" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
It's Valentine's Day and Paddy's is packed with customers. Dennis implores the gang to do one day of actual work but everyone else is distracted by a mystery crate Cricket spotted in the alley. Eventually, the gang becomes convinced Dennis really wants them to work on their relationships and everyone shares their grievances without much resolution.
Man Seeking Woman - "Dolphin" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When her mom becomes obsessed with Josh's wedding, Liz seeks out her estranged father (Peter Gallagher).
Schitt's Creek - "General Store" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
David comes up with a new business venture; Alexis adjusts to her first day of school.
Wednesday, February 22
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and George Clooney (The Facts of Life/Roseanne) - Tom and George are guests on a repeat of the 2012 Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ariana Grande (Sam & Cat) - Ariana drops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kelly Ripa (Hope & Faith) - Kelly is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly)- Billy appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Ultimate Beastmaster on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 2pm.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Matt Shively (The Real O'Neals/True Jackson, VP) - Matt is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Justin Bartha (The New Normal) - Justin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Will talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He will also be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette dishes about the new season of SuperMansion on Crackle on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Mike Epps (Uncle Buck/Survivor's Remorse) - Mike is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Eva Longoria (Telenovela) - Eva chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.