Sunday, August 22, 2010
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Week 11, week of Aug. 9-15)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did 3.98 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating at 8pm, on par from previous week. A 7:30pm repeat led into the 8pm repeat doing 2.52 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, down a bit from previous week.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - 3.8 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8:30, on par from previous week.
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 episodes - Two repeats did 4.67/4.97 million and a 2.3/2.4 18-49 rating...up some from previous week. No NFL on NBC this week.
- American Dad! (Fox) - A repeat at 7pm did just 1.74 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, down from previous week at 7:30pm but better than Sons of Tucson at 7. The regular 9:30pm airing is not airing currently.
Tonight you can watch encores of Fox's animated comedies from 7-10 tonight. ABC airs repeats of two episodes of America's Funniest Home Videos and one Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Then it will be an all-new The Gates at 10pm. The show has been really good lately according to Pavan, but it hasn't attracted many viewers this summer. NBC will air a new Dateline followed by the Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers from Candlestick Park. Brett Favre makes his yearly return and should see some action. CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7pm followed by Sunday edition of Big Brother 12 and then repeats from 9-11 including Undercover Boss at 9 and CSI: Miami at 10.
Coming Week Preview (Aug. 23-27):
For Monday, on ABC, it's an all-new night with The Bachelor Pad from 8-10pm with hosts Chris Harrison and Melissa Rycroft and Dating in the Dark at 10pm. NBC will have a new Minute to Win It followed by the Miss Universe Pageant hosted by Brett Michaels and Today's Natalie Morales. On Fox, Lie to Me is all-new on its time of 9pm right after a House repeat. CBS and The CW are in repeats with their regular line-ups, which includes sitcoms on CBS.
On Tuesday, ABC will have an all-new episode of Wipeout, leading into Shaq VS Charles Barkley in golf and also competetive eating champion Joey Chestnut at 9pm, and special Tuesday repeat of Primetime: What Would You Do? at 10. NBC has a new Minute to Win It at 8 and an all-new two-hour America's Got Talent from 9-11pm. Fox is in repeats with two Glee repeats. The CW has repeats of Plain Jane and Life Unexpected, replacing the comedy import comedy 18 to Life. And once again CBS is in repeats with their regular Tuesday. Cable is good on Tuesdays too with a new episode of the multi-camera sitcom Melissa & Joey at 8 and a repeat of the second episode from last week 8:30 on ABC Family and the new spy drama Covert Affairs starring the sexy Piper Perabo on USA Network at 10pm.
On Wednesday, Fox has a two-hour MasterChef on its new night. NBC has a new showing of game show Minute to Win It at 8, then a new America's Got Talent at 9pm followed by a repeat of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. ABC has repeats of the comedies and Castle Wednesday at 10pm. CBS will have the Wednesday edition of Big Brother 12 followed by regular repeats. The CW has an all-new episode of reality series Plain Jane at 9pm.
On Thursday, ABC will have a special Thursday repeat of Wipeout followed by an all-new episode of the really good series Rookie Blue (Grey's Academy?) at 9, and then at 10pm its the second part of the four-part series from Nightline called Secrets of Your Mind - Why We Do What We Do. Fox will repeats of Bones and Fringe. CBS has the Thursday edition of Big Brother 12 at 8pm, followed by normal crime repeats. NBC is in repeats with with their comedies from 8-10 and then a repeat of Law & Order: SVU at 10 and The CW is also in repeats like usual.
On Friday, ABC has a repeat of Wife Swap at 8, followed by a repeat of ratings hit Primetime: What Would You Do? at 9pm, followed by a new 20/20 at 10. NBC has a two-hour Dateline from 9-11 followed a repeat of Who Do You Think You Are with NFL Hall of Famer Emmitt Smith. CBS will have the San Diego Chargers at the defending Super Bowl Champion New Orleans Saints from The Superdome in a pre-season game. Fox has the movie Bruce Almighty. The CW will have a concert special called The Gulf is Back followed by a Supernatural repeat.
On Saturday, its slow as usual. CBS has the Dallas Cowboys at Houston Texans from Reliant Stadium in pre-season action. Fox will have its usual crime reality with Cops and AMW. ABC has the movie Meet the Fockers followed by a repeat of Castle at 10pm. NBC has the final new episodes of Persons Unknown from 8-10 and then a repeat of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.