Sunday, August 22, 2010
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Week 11, week of Aug. 9-15)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did 3.98 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating at 8pm, on par from previous week. A 7:30pm repeat led into the 8pm repeat doing 2.52 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, down a bit from previous week.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - 3.8 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8:30, on par from previous week.
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 episodes - Two repeats did 4.67/4.97 million and a 2.3/2.4 18-49 rating...up some from previous week. No NFL on NBC this week.
- American Dad! (Fox) - A repeat at 7pm did just 1.74 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, down from previous week at 7:30pm but better than Sons of Tucson at 7. The regular 9:30pm airing is not airing currently.
Tonight you can watch encores of Fox's animated comedies from 7-10 tonight. ABC airs repeats of two episodes of America's Funniest Home Videos and one Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Then it will be an all-new The Gates at 10pm. The show has been really good lately according to Pavan, but it hasn't attracted many viewers this summer. NBC will air a new Dateline followed by the Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers from Candlestick Park. Brett Favre makes his yearly return and should see some action. CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7pm followed by Sunday edition of Big Brother 12 and then repeats from 9-11 including Undercover Boss at 9 and CSI: Miami at 10.
Coming Week Preview (Aug. 23-27):
For Monday, on ABC, it's an all-new night with The Bachelor Pad from 8-10pm with hosts Chris Harrison and Melissa Rycroft and Dating in the Dark at 10pm. NBC will have a new Minute to Win It followed by the Miss Universe Pageant hosted by Brett Michaels and Today's Natalie Morales. On Fox, Lie to Me is all-new on its time of 9pm right after a House repeat. CBS and The CW are in repeats with their regular line-ups, which includes sitcoms on CBS.
On Tuesday, ABC will have an all-new episode of Wipeout, leading into Shaq VS Charles Barkley in golf and also competetive eating champion Joey Chestnut at 9pm, and special Tuesday repeat of Primetime: What Would You Do? at 10. NBC has a new Minute to Win It at 8 and an all-new two-hour America's Got Talent from 9-11pm. Fox is in repeats with two Glee repeats. The CW has repeats of Plain Jane and Life Unexpected, replacing the comedy import comedy 18 to Life. And once again CBS is in repeats with their regular Tuesday. Cable is good on Tuesdays too with a new episode of the multi-camera sitcom Melissa & Joey at 8 and a repeat of the second episode from last week 8:30 on ABC Family and the new spy drama Covert Affairs starring the sexy Piper Perabo on USA Network at 10pm.
On Wednesday, Fox has a two-hour MasterChef on its new night. NBC has a new showing of game show Minute to Win It at 8, then a new America's Got Talent at 9pm followed by a repeat of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. ABC has repeats of the comedies and Castle Wednesday at 10pm. CBS will have the Wednesday edition of Big Brother 12 followed by regular repeats. The CW has an all-new episode of reality series Plain Jane at 9pm.
On Thursday, ABC will have a special Thursday repeat of Wipeout followed by an all-new episode of the really good series Rookie Blue (Grey's Academy?) at 9, and then at 10pm its the second part of the four-part series from Nightline called Secrets of Your Mind - Why We Do What We Do. Fox will repeats of Bones and Fringe. CBS has the Thursday edition of Big Brother 12 at 8pm, followed by normal crime repeats. NBC is in repeats with with their comedies from 8-10 and then a repeat of Law & Order: SVU at 10 and The CW is also in repeats like usual.
On Friday, ABC has a repeat of Wife Swap at 8, followed by a repeat of ratings hit Primetime: What Would You Do? at 9pm, followed by a new 20/20 at 10. NBC has a two-hour Dateline from 9-11 followed a repeat of Who Do You Think You Are with NFL Hall of Famer Emmitt Smith. CBS will have the San Diego Chargers at the defending Super Bowl Champion New Orleans Saints from The Superdome in a pre-season game. Fox has the movie Bruce Almighty. The CW will have a concert special called The Gulf is Back followed by a Supernatural repeat.
On Saturday, its slow as usual. CBS has the Dallas Cowboys at Houston Texans from Reliant Stadium in pre-season action. Fox will have its usual crime reality with Cops and AMW. ABC has the movie Meet the Fockers followed by a repeat of Castle at 10pm. NBC has the final new episodes of Persons Unknown from 8-10 and then a repeat of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, October 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Fetal Kick Catalyst" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Penny is surprised to learn she has fans of her performance in “Serial Ape-ist” when she attends Van Nuys Comic Con with Leonard. Also, Amy hosts a Sheldon-style brunch at Penny’s apartment, and Wolowitz makes an impulsive purchase when he starts stressing out about the baby on the way.
The Great Indoors - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Joel McHale stars as Jack, a renowned adventure reporter for an outdoor magazine who must adapt to the times when he becomes the new desk-bound boss to a group of millennials in the digital department of the publication.
Mom - "High-Tops and Brown Jacket" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie and Adam’s relationship is tested when he moves in with her and Christy for a few weeks. Also, Christy learns the hard way that it may be a mistake to try and meet men with Jill.
Life in Pieces - "Annulled Roommate Pill Shower" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Heather and Tim enlist Clementine’s unusual parents, Mary-Lynn (Megan Mullally) and Spencer (Nick Offerman), to help convince Clementine and Tyler to annul their unexpected marriage. Also, Tommy moves in with Colleen, to the chagrin of her roommate, Dougie (Fortune Feimster); John and Joan run into “complications” after John takes the wrong dose of his daily pill; and Jen and Greg keep a secret from the family.
Superstore - "Halloween Theft" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Dina (Lauren Ash) throws a wrench in everyone's Halloween plans when something goes missing from the store and declares that no employee can leave until someone confesses to stealing. Amy (America Ferrera) is determined to find out who is responsible because she doesn't want to miss trick-or-treating with her daughter and Mateo (Nico Santos) prepares for his secret date with Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin). Meanwhile, Jonah (Ben Feldman) and Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) struggle to bond until they discover they have more in common than they thought. Garrett (Colton Dunn) has a difficult time defending himself during the store-wide investigation.
The Good Place - "Most Improved Player" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Michael (Ted Danson) has a private meeting with Eleanor (Kristen Bell). Meanwhile, Chidi (William Jackson Harper), who has been harboring a secret, contemplates what to do.
Better Things - "Scary Fun" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam makes a point.
Thursday, October 27
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Catch Martin on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Mary-Louise Parker (Weeds) - Mary-Louise visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Lauren Lapkus (Clipped/Are You There, Chelsea?) - Lauren is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on Chelsea on Netflix. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today in the 10am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Charlie Lawrence/Encore! Encore!), John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) and John Slattery (Maggie) - They talk about Broadway's The Front Page on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) - Miley is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Eva Longoria (Telenovela) - Eva appears on The Wendy Williams Show, so check your local listings.
- Angelique Cabral (Life in Pieces/Enlisted) - Angelique talks about Life in Pieces on the AOL Build Show at 11am.