Sunday, August 22, 2010
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Week 11, week of Aug. 9-15)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did 3.98 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating at 8pm, on par from previous week. A 7:30pm repeat led into the 8pm repeat doing 2.52 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, down a bit from previous week.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - 3.8 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8:30, on par from previous week.
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 episodes - Two repeats did 4.67/4.97 million and a 2.3/2.4 18-49 rating...up some from previous week. No NFL on NBC this week.
- American Dad! (Fox) - A repeat at 7pm did just 1.74 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, down from previous week at 7:30pm but better than Sons of Tucson at 7. The regular 9:30pm airing is not airing currently.
Tonight you can watch encores of Fox's animated comedies from 7-10 tonight. ABC airs repeats of two episodes of America's Funniest Home Videos and one Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Then it will be an all-new The Gates at 10pm. The show has been really good lately according to Pavan, but it hasn't attracted many viewers this summer. NBC will air a new Dateline followed by the Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers from Candlestick Park. Brett Favre makes his yearly return and should see some action. CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7pm followed by Sunday edition of Big Brother 12 and then repeats from 9-11 including Undercover Boss at 9 and CSI: Miami at 10.
Coming Week Preview (Aug. 23-27):
For Monday, on ABC, it's an all-new night with The Bachelor Pad from 8-10pm with hosts Chris Harrison and Melissa Rycroft and Dating in the Dark at 10pm. NBC will have a new Minute to Win It followed by the Miss Universe Pageant hosted by Brett Michaels and Today's Natalie Morales. On Fox, Lie to Me is all-new on its time of 9pm right after a House repeat. CBS and The CW are in repeats with their regular line-ups, which includes sitcoms on CBS.
On Tuesday, ABC will have an all-new episode of Wipeout, leading into Shaq VS Charles Barkley in golf and also competetive eating champion Joey Chestnut at 9pm, and special Tuesday repeat of Primetime: What Would You Do? at 10. NBC has a new Minute to Win It at 8 and an all-new two-hour America's Got Talent from 9-11pm. Fox is in repeats with two Glee repeats. The CW has repeats of Plain Jane and Life Unexpected, replacing the comedy import comedy 18 to Life. And once again CBS is in repeats with their regular Tuesday. Cable is good on Tuesdays too with a new episode of the multi-camera sitcom Melissa & Joey at 8 and a repeat of the second episode from last week 8:30 on ABC Family and the new spy drama Covert Affairs starring the sexy Piper Perabo on USA Network at 10pm.
On Wednesday, Fox has a two-hour MasterChef on its new night. NBC has a new showing of game show Minute to Win It at 8, then a new America's Got Talent at 9pm followed by a repeat of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. ABC has repeats of the comedies and Castle Wednesday at 10pm. CBS will have the Wednesday edition of Big Brother 12 followed by regular repeats. The CW has an all-new episode of reality series Plain Jane at 9pm.
On Thursday, ABC will have a special Thursday repeat of Wipeout followed by an all-new episode of the really good series Rookie Blue (Grey's Academy?) at 9, and then at 10pm its the second part of the four-part series from Nightline called Secrets of Your Mind - Why We Do What We Do. Fox will repeats of Bones and Fringe. CBS has the Thursday edition of Big Brother 12 at 8pm, followed by normal crime repeats. NBC is in repeats with with their comedies from 8-10 and then a repeat of Law & Order: SVU at 10 and The CW is also in repeats like usual.
On Friday, ABC has a repeat of Wife Swap at 8, followed by a repeat of ratings hit Primetime: What Would You Do? at 9pm, followed by a new 20/20 at 10. NBC has a two-hour Dateline from 9-11 followed a repeat of Who Do You Think You Are with NFL Hall of Famer Emmitt Smith. CBS will have the San Diego Chargers at the defending Super Bowl Champion New Orleans Saints from The Superdome in a pre-season game. Fox has the movie Bruce Almighty. The CW will have a concert special called The Gulf is Back followed by a Supernatural repeat.
On Saturday, its slow as usual. CBS has the Dallas Cowboys at Houston Texans from Reliant Stadium in pre-season action. Fox will have its usual crime reality with Cops and AMW. ABC has the movie Meet the Fockers followed by a repeat of Castle at 10pm. NBC has the final new episodes of Persons Unknown from 8-10 and then a repeat of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, December 7
The Goldbergs - "Globetrotters" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Adam attends a Globetrotters game, he falls in love with the “theatrics” of the team and tries doing his own tricks on the court. But when he cuts together a video that makes Barry look like he lost a game to Adam and his friends, Barry demands a rematch, culminating in an epic battle at the school gym. Meanwhile, it’s Murray’s 50th birthday, and, despite his protests, Beverly throws yet another surprise party for him but gets more than she bargained for.
Speechless - " S-L--SLED H-O--HOCKEY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
JJ instantly wants to join a sled hockey team made up entirely of people with disabilities, but Jimmy is not thrilled and thinks it’s dangerous. Meanwhile, Maya takes a CPR class with Kenneth, and she sees how popular he is and realizes that she needs to be nicer in order to keep him as JJ’s aide.
Modern Family - "A Tale of Three Cities" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After recent trips take the Dunphys to New York; Mitch, Cam and Lily to the Midwest; and Jay, Gloria, Manny and Joe to Juarez, Mexico; the Pritchett-Dunphy-Tucker clan reunites.
black-ish - "Nothing but Nepotism" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bow urges Dre to use his connections and secure Zoey a fellowship, but he doesn’t want his daughter relying on nepotism. When Bow finds Zoey a place at the hospital, Dre balks at the idea and successfully pulls some strings at Teen Vogue. Meanwhile, Junior loses his first job at an arcade pizza joint that the twins love after he reports their unclean practices to corporate, and they shut it down.
Younger - "Pigeons, Parrots, and Storks" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Liza and Josh’s future together is thrown into question after having opposing reactions to a near miss.
Impastor - "The Neighbor's Wife" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Buddy deals with the shocking arrival of Alexa’s husband. Dora makes a frightening discovery. Schmidt’s engagement party takes an unexpected turn.
Wednesday, December 7
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - Watch T.J on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Lily appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jane Lynch (Angel from Hell) and Kate Flannery (The Office) - Jane and Kate give a musical performance on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor/Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane) and Mircea Monroe (Impastor/Episodes) - Michael and Mircea are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer and the cast of Office Christmas Party are guests on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Aimee Carrero (Young & Hungry) - Aimee appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emmanuelle is a guest on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10am.