Thursday, July 01, 2010
TV Land and Nick at Nite Doing Well in Ratings; Network Notes Includes CW Premiere Dates and CBS New Midseason Sitcom
The month of June was very successful for TV Land in primetime as the network posted a 0.4 rating and 393,000 viewers among Adults 25-54, up 37% in 25-54 rating and 36% in viewers 25-54. The network attracted an average of 904,000 total viewers for the month. Among Women 25-54, TV Land scored a 0.4 rating and 232,000 viewers up 43% in W25-54 rating and 45% in viewers W25-54. The first two episodes of the fiery hit Hot in Cleveland propelled TV Land to its highest-rated and most-watched month in prime since January 2008 with a 2.3 rating and 2.4 million among A25-54 viewers. The sitcom is averaging over 5 million total viewers and is also a smash with Women 25-54, pacing at a 2.9 rating and 1.6 million viewers.
For the quarter in primetime, TV Land posted a 0.3 rating and 360,000 viewers among its target demo of Adults 25-54, up 21% in both 25-54 rating and viewers 25-54 over a year ago. Among Women 25-54, TV Land scored a 0.4 rating and 210,000 viewers, up double-digit gains of 34% in W25-54 rating and 35% in viewers W25-54 over last year. In addition to the huge premiere of Hot in Cleveland in June, regularly scheduled programming such as Everybody Loves Raymond and Roseanne remained strong performers among Adults 25-54 for the quarter with Raymond posting a 0.4 rating and 415,000 viewers and Roseanne scoring a 0.3 rating and 341,000 viewers for that demo. Additionally, the original series How'd You Get So Rich? starring Joan Rivers also performed well with a 0.3 rating and 341,000 viewers among A25-54.
Nickelodeon closes the quarter with its biggest second quarter performance ever with total viewers in the network's history and its 61st straight quarter as the top basic cable network with kids 2-11 and total viewers - the longest run of its kind. Nick also claims basic cable's top spot in total day with kids 2-11 and total viewers for 2Q10. According to Nielsen Media Research (3/29/10-6/27/10), Nickelodeon averaged 2.2 million total viewers; a 3.4 rating and 1.2 million K2-11; a 3.0 rating and 649,000 viewers K6-11; and 2.3 rating and 491,000 viewers T9-14 for the quarter.
Also, Nick at Nite, TeenNick, Nicktoons and Nick Jr. boast their most-watched second quarter performances ever. Nick at Nite drew its most-watched second quarter ever with total viewers (1.7 million total viewers) and finished 2Q10 as the top cable network among W18-49 (0.7 rating and 409,000 viewers).
The CW Network has set its fall premiere schedule, launching its fifth broadcast season with 10 hours of original programming of returning favorites and two new series. The season will launch all outside of premiere week, beginning on Sept. 8 with America's Next Top Model 15 and the series premiere of drama Hellcats. The next night (Sept. 9) will see the return of The Vampire Diaries and new drama Nikita. On Monday, Sept. 13, 90210 moves to its new night at 8pm, followed by the season premiere of Gossip Girl. If I were The CW, I would have had a special season premiere of 90210 on Thursday, Sept. 2 (get it? 9/02/10). Anyway, One Tree Hill launches its eighth season on a new night on Tuesday, Sept. 14, followed by the season premiere of Life UneXpected. And finally 10 days later, Friday dramas Smallville and Supernatural launch their new seasons on Friday, Sept. 24. The Friday dramas are the only CW series launching in the TV premiere week (Sept. 20-26), as the other CW series are launching between Sept. 8-14.
CBS has officially made the pick-up of sitcom Mad Love for mid-season. CBS has made some casting changes bringing on Sarah Chalke ([scrubs]) and Judy Greer (Miss Guided) to replace Minka Kelly and Lizzy Caplan respectively.
The comedy Mad Love, starring Jason Biggs, Sarah Chalke, Judy Greer and Tyler Labine, has been ordered by CBS for mid-season. Mad Love is about a quartet of single friends in New York City - two who are falling in love and two who despise each other... at least for now.
Matt Tarses and Jamie Tarses are the executive producers for Sony Pictures Entertainment in association with CBS Television Studios. Pamela Fryman directed the pilot.
Meanwhile, NBC is making some summer schedule changes...again. Rookie summer drama Persons Unknown will get one more Monday airing on July 5, then it will be moved to Saturdays at 8pm starting July 17. More repeats of America's Got Talent will be added, airing Mondays at 8pm and Sundays at 9pm. This is in addition to its regular Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 9 slots. Saturday repeats will be removed after this week (July 3). Also, the Thursday comedy block has not been repeating well, so Thursdays will have Law & Order: SVU repeats now at 10pm (in addition to the regular Wednesday at 10pm repeats) starting July 15. 8-10pm will now be Community, 30 Rock, The Office and Parks & Recreation.
View the updated NBC Summer 2010 day-by-day schedule.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.