Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Now that we got that out of the way, we can move on to the TBS Fall 2010 schedule! The schedule starts on Monday, Sept. 20 with weekdays from 6am-9am remaining the same as it is now, which means Married...with Children from 6-7am and Saved by the Bell from 7-9am. Then the 9am hour will see changes as Yes, Dear moves to the hour replacing Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Not to worry because Fresh Prince will move to 10am-11:30am, as it replaces House of Payne and Home Improvement from 10:30am-11:30am. At 11:30am & 12pm TBS will air an hour of House of Payne, replacing two more airings of Home Improvement. TBS is pulling Home Improvement from the weekday schedule, but more on this later. At 12:30pm, TBS adds weekday airings of Wednesday hit, Meet the Browns replacing According to Jim, which slides to 1pm replacing Yes, Dear. TBS will air Everybody Loves Raymond from 1:30-3pm, as it replaces Yes, Dear at 1:30pm. According to Jim airs at 3pm replacing House of Payne, while The Office moves to 3:30pm replacing According to Jim. The 4pm hour will see Friends take over replacing Raymond in the 4pm half-hour. Another Everybody Loves Raymond airs at 5pm, followed by The King of Queens replacing Friends/The Office. At 6pm, we have another The King of Queens followed by Seinfeld, replacing King of Queens at 6:30. At 7pm Seinfeld remain, but American Dad! joins the line-up at 7:30pm replacing Seinfeld.
In primetime (8-11pm), the schedule remains the same, but American Dad! will air Fridays 8-9pm replacing Family Guy. And on Saturdays, the morning sitcom block remains unchanged, but the late afternoon/early evening block starting at 3:30pm has changed a bit. According to Jim still starts it off at 3:30pm, followed by only one airing of Raymond now at 4pm, King of Queens moves to 4:30 & 5pm, and Seinfeld airs 5:30 & 6pm. A block of American Dad! has been added airing from 6:30-8pm. Late nights/early mornings will have Married..with Children at 5am and Home Improvement at 5:30am, its only airing on the schedule now.
No further changes are expected in October, so this is officially the TBS Fall 2010 schedule. Highlights for the month include a Labor Day at The Office marathon on Monday, Sept. 6 from 10am-8pm and a catch-up marathon of My Boys on Saturday, Sept. 11 from 10pm-1:30am leading into the one-hour season finale on Sunday, Sept. 12 at 10pm.
View the full TBS Fall 2010 schedule and highlights, and feel free to discuss the schedule. Stay tuned for another fall schedule tomorrow as our annual cable fall schedule barrage continues! Stay with us!
Apparently NBC has switched dates for the TCA summer press tour, so they are up now on Friday. Originally set visits were on Friday, but now they are today. Sorry about that and stay tuned tomorrow for CBS.
We will bring you a news story instead today due to the mix-up. Nick at Nite has announced a Monday, Aug. 30 premiere date for its new acquisition My Wife & Kids. We previously announced the news at Nick at Nite's upfront in March, but now we have a launch date. Promos started airing last night announcing the premiere date. The Damon Wayans sitco will air in the weekday 8pm hour, but what about the rest of the schedule? You'll have to stay tuned to our fall schedules barrage for that! So keep coming back everyday!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, January 19
The Big Bang Theory - "The Romance Calibration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Penny feels that Leonard is taking her for granted, she decides to go on a spa weekend with Amy. Also, Wolowitz and Koothrappali try to fix a squeaky floorboard in the baby’s room.
The Great Indoors - "Mason Blows Up" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack tries to reassert his dominance as a reporter after Mason scores an investigative coup that turns him into an overnight celebrity. Also, Clark’s low self-esteem causes him to give Emma relationship advice about other guys instead of asking her out himself
Mom - "Good Karma and the Big Weird" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie encourages Christy to pursue Marjorie’s charming nephew, Nick, despite the fact that he’s been declared off limits. Chris Pratt, husband of MOM star Anna Faris, guest stars as Nick, Marjorie’s nephew.
Life in Pieces - "Tailgate Spiral Souvenir Seating" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Colleen and Matt host the family tailgate party at the L.A. Rams game, they invite former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner to spice up their so far dismal event. Also, Tim’s in danger of missing the game when Sophia makes him take her to the restroom and they get sidetracked returning to their seats; Joan and Jen try to sneak into seats closer to the field; and Greg wins a chance to participate in a halftime contest involving a football toss.
The Good Place - "Mindy St. Claire" / "Michael's Gambit" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the help of Chidi (William Jackson Harper) and Tahani (Jameela Jamil), Michael (Ted Danson) faces his biggest challenge yet. Meanwhile, Eleanor (Kristen Bell), Jianyu (Manny Jacinto) and Janet (D'Arcy Carden) are faced with a monumental decision.
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) and her friends contemplate their fates in the Good Place.
Baskets - "Freaks" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chip has to decide between a tarp and snacks.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.