Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Now that we got that out of the way, we can move on to the TBS Fall 2010 schedule! The schedule starts on Monday, Sept. 20 with weekdays from 6am-9am remaining the same as it is now, which means Married...with Children from 6-7am and Saved by the Bell from 7-9am. Then the 9am hour will see changes as Yes, Dear moves to the hour replacing Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Not to worry because Fresh Prince will move to 10am-11:30am, as it replaces House of Payne and Home Improvement from 10:30am-11:30am. At 11:30am & 12pm TBS will air an hour of House of Payne, replacing two more airings of Home Improvement. TBS is pulling Home Improvement from the weekday schedule, but more on this later. At 12:30pm, TBS adds weekday airings of Wednesday hit, Meet the Browns replacing According to Jim, which slides to 1pm replacing Yes, Dear. TBS will air Everybody Loves Raymond from 1:30-3pm, as it replaces Yes, Dear at 1:30pm. According to Jim airs at 3pm replacing House of Payne, while The Office moves to 3:30pm replacing According to Jim. The 4pm hour will see Friends take over replacing Raymond in the 4pm half-hour. Another Everybody Loves Raymond airs at 5pm, followed by The King of Queens replacing Friends/The Office. At 6pm, we have another The King of Queens followed by Seinfeld, replacing King of Queens at 6:30. At 7pm Seinfeld remain, but American Dad! joins the line-up at 7:30pm replacing Seinfeld.
In primetime (8-11pm), the schedule remains the same, but American Dad! will air Fridays 8-9pm replacing Family Guy. And on Saturdays, the morning sitcom block remains unchanged, but the late afternoon/early evening block starting at 3:30pm has changed a bit. According to Jim still starts it off at 3:30pm, followed by only one airing of Raymond now at 4pm, King of Queens moves to 4:30 & 5pm, and Seinfeld airs 5:30 & 6pm. A block of American Dad! has been added airing from 6:30-8pm. Late nights/early mornings will have Married..with Children at 5am and Home Improvement at 5:30am, its only airing on the schedule now.
No further changes are expected in October, so this is officially the TBS Fall 2010 schedule. Highlights for the month include a Labor Day at The Office marathon on Monday, Sept. 6 from 10am-8pm and a catch-up marathon of My Boys on Saturday, Sept. 11 from 10pm-1:30am leading into the one-hour season finale on Sunday, Sept. 12 at 10pm.
View the full TBS Fall 2010 schedule and highlights, and feel free to discuss the schedule. Stay tuned for another fall schedule tomorrow as our annual cable fall schedule barrage continues! Stay with us!
Apparently NBC has switched dates for the TCA summer press tour, so they are up now on Friday. Originally set visits were on Friday, but now they are today. Sorry about that and stay tuned tomorrow for CBS.
We will bring you a news story instead today due to the mix-up. Nick at Nite has announced a Monday, Aug. 30 premiere date for its new acquisition My Wife & Kids. We previously announced the news at Nick at Nite's upfront in March, but now we have a launch date. Promos started airing last night announcing the premiere date. The Damon Wayans sitco will air in the weekday 8pm hour, but what about the rest of the schedule? You'll have to stay tuned to our fall schedules barrage for that! So keep coming back everyday!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, February 22
The Goldbergs - "So Swayze It's Crazy" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Adam sees his friend on television, he asks Beverly for her help to become an actor, so Beverly enlists his friend’s mom Edie, who is a kid talent agent in town. Unfortunately, Edie insists Adam can only get “nerd” roles, so Beverly goes on a quest to make Adam a teenage heartthrob. Meanwhile, Barry decides to embrace the punk lifestyle, and Murray attempts to become more involved in Erica’s life, but it backfires.
Speechless - "O-S-- OSCAR P-A-- PARTY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the Dimeos throw their annual Oscar party with other special-needs families, Maya feels threatened by new mom Becca, who seems a little too perfect. Meanwhile, Jimmy encourages the fathers at the party to let loose while Ray tries to impress a girl by pretending to be someone he is not.
Modern Family - "Heavy Is the Head" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Despite their lofty hopes, Phil and Jay’s property investment might turn out to be a bust, forcing Phil to rethink his original dream. Meanwhile, Cam lands in the hospital due to a head injury and refuses to have an MRI thanks to a traumatic incident with a well when he was a child. Determined to finally impress Claire and keep her from re-gifting her birthday present, Gloria surprises her with a day of luxury at the office. However, after Claire had to implement some rather harsh budget cuts at work, a massage at her desk may not be sending the right message.
black-ish - "One Angry Man" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dre is forced to participate in jury duty after Junior responds to the summons that was thrown away. The case is supposed to be open and shut, but when Dre sees that the defendant is a young African American, he feels a civic responsibility to give him a fair trial. Meanwhile, Bow decides to let the kids swear in the house since they are more open with her that way, but she and Ruby soon regret the decision.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "The Gang Tends Bar" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
It's Valentine's Day and Paddy's is packed with customers. Dennis implores the gang to do one day of actual work but everyone else is distracted by a mystery crate Cricket spotted in the alley. Eventually, the gang becomes convinced Dennis really wants them to work on their relationships and everyone shares their grievances without much resolution.
Man Seeking Woman - "Dolphin" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When her mom becomes obsessed with Josh's wedding, Liz seeks out her estranged father (Peter Gallagher).
Schitt's Creek - "General Store" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
David comes up with a new business venture; Alexis adjusts to her first day of school.
Wednesday, February 22
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and George Clooney (The Facts of Life/Roseanne) - Tom and George are guests on a repeat of the 2012 Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ariana Grande (Sam & Cat) - Ariana drops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kelly Ripa (Hope & Faith) - Kelly is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly)- Billy appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Ultimate Beastmaster on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 2pm.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Matt Shively (The Real O'Neals/True Jackson, VP) - Matt is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Justin Bartha (The New Normal) - Justin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Will talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He will also be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette dishes about the new season of SuperMansion on Crackle on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Mike Epps (Uncle Buck/Survivor's Remorse) - Mike is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Eva Longoria (Telenovela) - Eva chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.