Thursday, March 25, 2010
Nick at Nite Upfront 2010: My Wife and Kids Coming Fall 2010; Raymond Marathon Scores in Ratings for TV Land; New Blog Feature Coming Saturday
As of Fall 2008, My Wife & Kids has been airing on cable network ABC Family. The series has been in local broadcast syndication since Fall 2005. Will it continue on ABC Family or will Nick at Nite end up sharing the cable rights with ABC Family? We have confirmed it is a shared deal between the two cable networks, so ABC Family will continue to air next fall when Nick at Nite starts airing it. Stay with us for updates on the timings of the deal (and if we do have an update today, we will EDIT it in here ASAP).
The series aired originally on ABC from 2001-2005. The series was paired with George Lopez, which is Nick at Nite's highest rated show, on two separate occasions on ABC (2002-2003 on Wednesday and 2004-05 on Tuesdays). Now they will possibly air together again come this fall!
Additionally, Nick at Nite announced that it will premiere the second season of the family favorite Glenn Martin, DDS, on Father's Day, June 20, 2010.
TV Land viewers fell in love all over again with the hilarious Barone family during the Emmy Award-winning sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond launch marathon on Thursday, March 18 through Sunday, March 21 from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. ET/PT. The primetime launch marathon event averaged nearly 1 million total viewers and posted double digit ratings and delivery increases over recent and year ago primetime levels.
According to Nielsen Media Research, the marathon posted an increase of 56% over recent levels among total viewers and was up 22% over a year ago attracting 942,000 total viewers. The event scored a 0.4 rating and 430,000 viewers among the network's target A25-54 audience, up 37% in rating and 35% in viewers 25-54 over recent levels and up 41% in rating and 39% in viewers 25-54 versus a year ago.
Among TV Land's core A40-54 audience, the launch event posted a 0.5 rating and 276,000 viewers 40-54, scoring double digit increases of 26% in both rating and viewers 40-54 over recent levels. Compared to a year ago, it scored a 20% increase in rating and was up 18% in viewers 40-54.
The event was a success with TV Land's female audience posting a 0.5 rating and 278,000 viewers among W25-54, up 44% in rating and 42% in W25-54 viewers over recent levels. Versus a year ago, it was up 58% in rating and 57% in W25-54 viewers.
All in all, a decent start for Everybody Loves Raymond on TV Land. Will it continue? We will have to see, so stay with us for further updates! We will have the TV Land May 2010 highlights soon, so stay with us for that as well!
Finally, there will be a new feature coming to the blog this Saturday. It will be called "Digital Digest" and we will have it every Saturday effective this Saturday (March 27). Just what does "Digital Digest" mean? Basically we will give you some news on sitcoms on DVDs, along with a reminder of what sitcoms are coming on DVD for the coming week. And don't fret, our blog review will immediately follow with a new name that we will reveal on Saturday. You'll have to come and see on Saturday to see what this is like! I think it is going to be a refreshing change to Saturdays! Do come by and check it out!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, March 26
The Simpsons - "Dad Behavior" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer finds a new app that makes his life much easier and outsources his father-son bonding. Meanwhile, Grampa finds that he is about to be a father again.
Bob's Burgers - "Aquaticism" / "Ain't Miss Debatin'" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Tina learns that the aquarium is in danger of closing, the Belcher children devise a scheme to keep it running. Meanwhile, Bob realizes that he could learn a thing or two from Linda’s customer service skills. Then, when Tina is recruited by the debate team, she finds unexpected success and an even more unexpected relationship. Meanwhile, Louise and Gene convince their parents to help fund a stop-motion movie focusing on a surprising subject matter.
Making History - "Chadwick's Angels" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
In need of a victory, the trio heads back to the 1990s to give Dan another shot at his childhood dream: finishing the infamous “Bellybuster” ice cream sundae at a local parlor. As Deb bonds with the parlor’s owner, Chris is on a mission to save a life in honor of his late British friend. But all of their plans are derailed when Dan runs into the bully that tormented him.
Family Guy - "Peter's Lost Youth" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter gets jealous of Lois when she upstages him at a Red Sox fantasy baseball camp. Meanwhile, Stewie runs away from home when Meg is left to babysit him.
The Last Man on Earth - "Find This Thing We Need To" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Carol makes a big discovery, enlisting Tandy and Erica to help her track down some answers. Meanwhile, Todd has a major breakthrough with Melissa.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.