Thursday, March 25, 2010
Nick at Nite Upfront 2010: My Wife and Kids Coming Fall 2010; Raymond Marathon Scores in Ratings for TV Land; New Blog Feature Coming Saturday
As of Fall 2008, My Wife & Kids has been airing on cable network ABC Family. The series has been in local broadcast syndication since Fall 2005. Will it continue on ABC Family or will Nick at Nite end up sharing the cable rights with ABC Family? We have confirmed it is a shared deal between the two cable networks, so ABC Family will continue to air next fall when Nick at Nite starts airing it. Stay with us for updates on the timings of the deal (and if we do have an update today, we will EDIT it in here ASAP).
The series aired originally on ABC from 2001-2005. The series was paired with George Lopez, which is Nick at Nite's highest rated show, on two separate occasions on ABC (2002-2003 on Wednesday and 2004-05 on Tuesdays). Now they will possibly air together again come this fall!
Additionally, Nick at Nite announced that it will premiere the second season of the family favorite Glenn Martin, DDS, on Father's Day, June 20, 2010.
TV Land viewers fell in love all over again with the hilarious Barone family during the Emmy Award-winning sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond launch marathon on Thursday, March 18 through Sunday, March 21 from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. ET/PT. The primetime launch marathon event averaged nearly 1 million total viewers and posted double digit ratings and delivery increases over recent and year ago primetime levels.
According to Nielsen Media Research, the marathon posted an increase of 56% over recent levels among total viewers and was up 22% over a year ago attracting 942,000 total viewers. The event scored a 0.4 rating and 430,000 viewers among the network's target A25-54 audience, up 37% in rating and 35% in viewers 25-54 over recent levels and up 41% in rating and 39% in viewers 25-54 versus a year ago.
Among TV Land's core A40-54 audience, the launch event posted a 0.5 rating and 276,000 viewers 40-54, scoring double digit increases of 26% in both rating and viewers 40-54 over recent levels. Compared to a year ago, it scored a 20% increase in rating and was up 18% in viewers 40-54.
The event was a success with TV Land's female audience posting a 0.5 rating and 278,000 viewers among W25-54, up 44% in rating and 42% in W25-54 viewers over recent levels. Versus a year ago, it was up 58% in rating and 57% in W25-54 viewers.
All in all, a decent start for Everybody Loves Raymond on TV Land. Will it continue? We will have to see, so stay with us for further updates! We will have the TV Land May 2010 highlights soon, so stay with us for that as well!
Finally, there will be a new feature coming to the blog this Saturday. It will be called "Digital Digest" and we will have it every Saturday effective this Saturday (March 27). Just what does "Digital Digest" mean? Basically we will give you some news on sitcoms on DVDs, along with a reminder of what sitcoms are coming on DVD for the coming week. And don't fret, our blog review will immediately follow with a new name that we will reveal on Saturday. You'll have to come and see on Saturday to see what this is like! I think it is going to be a refreshing change to Saturdays! Do come by and check it out!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.