Friday, February 13, 2009
BET Premieres The Game One Week Earlier, Adds Sitcom Marathons in March; TVLandPRIME.com Adds High School Reunion Content; Boomerang News
Starting February 28, BET will have sitcom marathons all March long on weekends! On Saturday, Feb. 28 from 9am-8pm we will have an all-day One on One marathon! For the following weekend (March 7-8), we will have Family Matters! Sister station Nick at Nite's series returns to BET for another marathon airing. The marathon airs Saturday, March 7 from 12pm-8pm, following the Proud Family block and Proud Family Movie. Family Matters will also air Sunday, March 8 from 12pm-4pm. The weekend after that (March 14-15), we get more Urkel and company with Family Matters once again on Saturday, March 14 from 2pm-5pm and Sunday, March 15 from 12-2pm. So a shorter block that weekend, but still a whole lotta Urkel on BET. Next, the weekend of March 21-22, will feature another sitcom from sister station Nick at Nite! This time catch Will Smith in The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air on Saturday, March 21 from 4pm-10pm and again on Sunday, March 22 from 4pm-8pm. The final weekend in March (March 28-29), will have yet more Fresh Prince! This time just on that Saturday (March 28) from 6pm-10pm.
So that's BET's sitcom update for you! Of course, as usual, this is subject to change. We will keep you up to date on further developments and we will also provide episode info for those weekend sitcom marathons in March on our message board thread for this. So stay tuned!
TVLandPRIME.com kicks off the second season of TV Land's hit reality series High School Reunion, from Warner Horizon Television, with exclusive and exciting content for the program, which premieres on Wednesday, February 18, 2009, at 10 p.m. ET/PT. The TV Land original eight-part reality series premieres on TV Land PRIME, TV Land's new primetime programming destination designed to appeal to the attitudes, life stage and interests of people in their 40s.
The High School Reunion microsite is jam-packed with interesting features this season, such as a user-generated "Digital Yearbook," extended and deleted scenes from the show, behind-the-scenes video taken by the cast, personal photo galleries, video cast bios and weekly blogs from cast members revealing juicy gossip from the reunion. Additionally, visitors will be able to enjoy full streaming episodes online the day after they premiere on-air, as well as streaming '80s radio and '80s trivia.
View more information about this, the new cast, and more.
Boomerang will ring-in Valentine's Day with a network premiere of It's Valentine's Day, Johnny Bravo on Saturday, Feb. 14, at 8 p.m. (ET). The half-hour animated special follows a six-hour marathon of dating-themed episodes of Johnny Bravo, one of the first three original series created by Cartoon Network in 1997.
Johnny Bravo is a buff, girl-chasing-mama's-boy who can't seem to get a date in spite of his good looks and an even better hairdo. On Saturday, February 14, (Valentine's Day), Johnny Bravo's funniest dating disasters will be showcased in a six and a half-hour marathon beginning at 2 p.m. (ET) on the commercial-free Boomerang network. The marathon will culminate with the network premiere of the special, It's Valentine's Day, Johnny Bravo at 8 p.m. (ET).
In this very special episode, we learn that Valentine's Day is in fact Johnny Bravo's birthday also, which might explain his penchant for amorous antics. He yet again strikes out with the ladies until his "mama," Bunny Bravo, sets him up on a blind date with a real "knock-out"-literally. Meeting the girl of his dreams turns out to be a true nightmare during what should be the most romantic night of the year. A plethora of guest stars appearing in It's Valentine's Day, Johnny Bravo include former Saturday Night Live cast member Molly Shannon, "New Kids on the Block" heartthrob Joey McIntyre, The Brady Bunch's Maureen McCormick and former teen idol Donny Osmond.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, August 23
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bet" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake and Amy’s ongoing bet about who can make more arrests comes to a close. Meanwhile, Charles receives the Medal of Valor for getting shot in the line of duty, but the pain medication he is taking causes him to reveal his true opinions about his colleagues.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Pontiac Bandit" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake is interested in one of Rosa’s perps, Doug Judy (Guest Star Craig Robinson, “The Office”), who has information about the “Pontiac Bandit”, a car thief whom Jake has been tracking for years. Meanwhile, the station tries to accommodate a scooter-bound Charles’ every need when he returns to work, but he proves to be too much to handle. And Captain Holt struggles to find a home for two puppies.
Sunday, August 24
- Maggie Wheeler (Friends/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Maggie talks about how she won the role of Janice on Friends and what it has done for her career on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm Et/PT on OWN. She will also share about her family life and her latest projects. They will also have a special tribute to Robin Williams, with Oprah's favorite moments from Robin Williams' 14 appearances on the Oprah show.
- Michael Cera (Arrested Development) - Watch Michael on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress) - Catch John on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Simon is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Josh Meyers (That '70s Show) - Josh appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Jim chats on a repeat of Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Tune in to see Kathy on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Rachael Harris (Surviving Jack/My Boys/In the Motherhood) - Rachael is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Brittany Daniel (The Game/That '80s Show) - Brittany chats on a repeat of Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer shares her fitness secrets on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Anna Chlumsky (Veep) - Anna will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.