Friday, February 13, 2009
BET Premieres The Game One Week Earlier, Adds Sitcom Marathons in March; TVLandPRIME.com Adds High School Reunion Content; Boomerang News
Starting February 28, BET will have sitcom marathons all March long on weekends! On Saturday, Feb. 28 from 9am-8pm we will have an all-day One on One marathon! For the following weekend (March 7-8), we will have Family Matters! Sister station Nick at Nite's series returns to BET for another marathon airing. The marathon airs Saturday, March 7 from 12pm-8pm, following the Proud Family block and Proud Family Movie. Family Matters will also air Sunday, March 8 from 12pm-4pm. The weekend after that (March 14-15), we get more Urkel and company with Family Matters once again on Saturday, March 14 from 2pm-5pm and Sunday, March 15 from 12-2pm. So a shorter block that weekend, but still a whole lotta Urkel on BET. Next, the weekend of March 21-22, will feature another sitcom from sister station Nick at Nite! This time catch Will Smith in The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air on Saturday, March 21 from 4pm-10pm and again on Sunday, March 22 from 4pm-8pm. The final weekend in March (March 28-29), will have yet more Fresh Prince! This time just on that Saturday (March 28) from 6pm-10pm.
So that's BET's sitcom update for you! Of course, as usual, this is subject to change. We will keep you up to date on further developments and we will also provide episode info for those weekend sitcom marathons in March on our message board thread for this. So stay tuned!
TVLandPRIME.com kicks off the second season of TV Land's hit reality series High School Reunion, from Warner Horizon Television, with exclusive and exciting content for the program, which premieres on Wednesday, February 18, 2009, at 10 p.m. ET/PT. The TV Land original eight-part reality series premieres on TV Land PRIME, TV Land's new primetime programming destination designed to appeal to the attitudes, life stage and interests of people in their 40s.
The High School Reunion microsite is jam-packed with interesting features this season, such as a user-generated "Digital Yearbook," extended and deleted scenes from the show, behind-the-scenes video taken by the cast, personal photo galleries, video cast bios and weekly blogs from cast members revealing juicy gossip from the reunion. Additionally, visitors will be able to enjoy full streaming episodes online the day after they premiere on-air, as well as streaming '80s radio and '80s trivia.
View more information about this, the new cast, and more.
Boomerang will ring-in Valentine's Day with a network premiere of It's Valentine's Day, Johnny Bravo on Saturday, Feb. 14, at 8 p.m. (ET). The half-hour animated special follows a six-hour marathon of dating-themed episodes of Johnny Bravo, one of the first three original series created by Cartoon Network in 1997.
Johnny Bravo is a buff, girl-chasing-mama's-boy who can't seem to get a date in spite of his good looks and an even better hairdo. On Saturday, February 14, (Valentine's Day), Johnny Bravo's funniest dating disasters will be showcased in a six and a half-hour marathon beginning at 2 p.m. (ET) on the commercial-free Boomerang network. The marathon will culminate with the network premiere of the special, It's Valentine's Day, Johnny Bravo at 8 p.m. (ET).
In this very special episode, we learn that Valentine's Day is in fact Johnny Bravo's birthday also, which might explain his penchant for amorous antics. He yet again strikes out with the ladies until his "mama," Bunny Bravo, sets him up on a blind date with a real "knock-out"-literally. Meeting the girl of his dreams turns out to be a true nightmare during what should be the most romantic night of the year. A plethora of guest stars appearing in It's Valentine's Day, Johnny Bravo include former Saturday Night Live cast member Molly Shannon, "New Kids on the Block" heartthrob Joey McIntyre, The Brady Bunch's Maureen McCormick and former teen idol Donny Osmond.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, August 27
Last Man Standing - "The Marriage Doctor" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Mike finds out future son-in-law Kyle fears meeting with the church’s new minister (guest star Bill Engvall), Mike tells Kyle to use him and Vanessa as a strong marriage example. But a recent argument ends up sending them to the minister instead. Meanwhile, Ryan helps Eve with her assignment to debate from the opposite side of her politically conservative beliefs.
Dr. Ken - "Korean Men's Club" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Ken, at the insistence of Allison, reluctantly joins a civics-minded community group – but it may not be what it seems. Randall Park (“Fresh Off the Boat”) guest stars as Gary Chon, the leader of the Korean Men’s Club group.
Saturday, August 27
- Kathy Garver (Family Affair) - Kathy reunites with her former co-star Johnny Whitaker on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Watch Tika on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She also talks about Southside with You on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Jerrod is a guest on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Walton Goggins (Vice Principals) - Walton appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identiy) - Jerry is a guest on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12:05am on BET or on your local stations.
- Chris D'Elia, Ron Funches, Rick Glassman and Brent Morin - The cast of Undateable are guests on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Sally Field (Gidget/The Flying Nun) - Sally whips up a delicious Pea Pesto & Potatoes with Mario Batali on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Valerie bakes up her Sicilian Love Cake for dessert on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Tyler Labine (Deadbeat/Animal Practice/Mad Love/Sons of Tucson) - Tyler talks about Zoom on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril explains the surprising origins of his catchphrase “Bam!” on People Now at 8:30am.