Monday, May 07, 2007
Here is the SitcomsOnline.com NBC 2007-08 preview:
New Series Already Picked-Up: None.
New Series We Think That Are Almost Good To Go: Lipstick Jungle (drama), Journeyman (drama), Fort Pit (drama), and The I.T. Crowd (sitcom).
New Series Perhaps Picked-Up for Mid-Season: The Mastersons of Manhattan (sitcom), Life (drama), and Bionic Woman (drama)
OUR FALL 2007 PREDICTION:
7:00PM Football Night in America
8:00PM Sunday Night Football
8:00PM Deal or No Deal
10:00PM Journeyman (NEW)
8:00PM 1 vs. 100
9:00PM Fort Pit (NEW)
10:00PM Law & Order: SVU
8:00PM Thank God You're Here
10:00PM Lipstick Jungle (NEW)
8:00PM My Name is Earl
8:30PM The I.T. Crowd (NEW)
9:00PM The Office
9:30PM 30 Rock
8:00PM Deal or No Deal
9:00PM Friday Night Lights
10:00PM Las Vegas
8:00PM Dateline NBC
9:00PM Drama Repeats
10:00PM Drama Repeats
Comments: So what about Crossing Jordan, Law & Order: Criminal Intent and Law & Order? I say they will be benched until January after the NFL ends and they will bring them to Sundays for a repeat free season...but maybe one will be a goner. The Apprentice might not be back until next winter either...I wish that would just die already. The Black Donnellys, Studio 60, Kidnapped, Identity, Raines, 20 Good Years, Andy Barker, and Real Wedding Crashers are all (or will be) canceled or ended. I really think NBC will only go with one comedy night once again, as we saw what happened to Wednesdays 8-9pm last year. Scrubs is probably gone from NBC, and on the way to ABC for next winter. There is a good chance that The Office will be an anchor show on Thursdays at 9, but I don't think it will do as well as it did at 8:30, but they have to move it to 9pm to try and launch another similar sitcom, as 30 Rock is not a strong show to anchor an hour. So NBC will be multi-camera sitcom-less in the fall, but I have them picking up The Mastersons of Manhattan for mid-season. Life and Bionic Woman could get orders for mid-season. Maybe another drama called Chuck could get in. NBC only has a total of eight drama projects, so that means maybe 1/2 or more could get picked up. NBC had a dismal season once again, but Heroes was a bright spot, as the high power project Studio 60 was a bust. Friday Night Lights was not a good either, but I see them bringing it back to try again. They can use Deal or No Deal on Fridays again as Sundays will be Football, and have 1 vs. 100 on another night, say Tuesday. Will NBC revamp the schedule they released at upfront once again after releasing it, like it did last year? We shall see.
Remember, next Monday (May 14) is the actual date when we will find out NBC's plans for the 2007-08 season. So, come on back next Monday and we will let you know the details and you can see how much we were right (or wrong). Stay tuned tomorrow for a preview on ABC's upfront.
TV Land has announced that it has changed its late night schedule starting for June. Starting June 4, each weeknight starting at 10pm will have three nightly mini-marathons lasting until 4:30am. Each marathon will consist of four episodes. Mondays will be The Cosby Show, Three's Company & Good Times; Tuesdays will be M*A*S*H, Sanford & Son, & The Jeffersons; Wednesdays will be Sanford & Son, M*A*S*H, & All in the Family; Thursdays will be The Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy & Leave it to Beaver; and Fridays will be the Friday Movie, M*A*S*H & Star Trek. Other changes include all Andy Griffith Saturday from 9pm-1:10am with a reairing on Sundays from 7-10pm. So, this means the current 10pm-4:30am line-up will only be on Sundays. The only other change is at 4:30am everynight with The Jeffersons taking over for Sanford & Son. There are no other changes in the daytime and will remain the same as it is now.
What's Happening Now!!, which is airing weekdays at 7am, will get more new episodes starting May 29, but we will let you know when we learn more.
For now click HERE for the list of changes for this nightly marathon changes.
We shall be back with more news, if any.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)
04/07 - Barney Miller - The Complete Seventh Season
04/07 - The Brady Bunch - The Complete Series
04/07 - The Crazy Ones - The Complete First Season
04/07 - Frasier - The Complete Series
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 9th Season
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 10th Season
04/07 - 1600 Penn - The Complete Season 1
04/07 - Wanda at Large - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
04/07 - Wilfred - The Complete Season 4
04/14 - Growing Pains - The Complete Fourth Season (WBShop.com)
04/21 - What's Happening!! - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
04/28 - I Love Lucy - I Love Mom Edition
04/28 - The Jeffersons - Season Seven
04/28 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites: Season 5
04/28 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, May 3
The Simpsons - "Blazed and Confused" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Bart faces a tough test at school when he gets a new teacher, Mr. Lassen (guest voice Dafoe), who vows to crush his spirit.
Bob's Burgers - "Eat, Spray, Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
It's Linda's birthday and Bob needs more time to plan her birthday surprise. But when he sends her out of the house as a distraction, she goes missing! Mayhem ensues as the Belchers must work together to find Linda.
The Simpsons - "Let's Go Fly a Coot" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The Simpsons learn about Grampa’s days in the Air Force, and Bart takes up smoking to impress Milhouse’s Dutch cousin, Annika.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Det. Dave Majors" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jake is excited to work a case with the best detective in the NYPD, Detective Majors (guest star Garret Dillahunt), until Majors shares his intentions to ask Amy out on a date. Meanwhile, Charles and Gina try to convince Terry to stay at the Nine-Nine when he considers accepting an offer to work at a private security firm.
Family Guy - "Fighting Irish" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter claims he would beat Liam Neeson (guest voice Liam Neeson) in a fight, but when he is put to the test, he learns that winning is tougher than it seems. Meanwhile, Stewie becomes jealous when Lois decides to be a class mom and starts paying more attention to the other kids over him.
The Last Man on Earth - "Screw the Moon" (Fox, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Phil and Carol reconcile their differences.
Austin & Ally - "Wedding Bells & Wacky Birds" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Trish helps Dez book a directing gig; Ally and Austin are paired up in their Home Ec class and imagine life as a married couple.
Liv and Maddie - "Flugelball-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Joey tries to bond with Diggie via the sport of Flugeball; Maddie has trouble reconnecting with Diggie; Parker tries to teach his new friend to ride a bike.
Sunday, May 3
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 9pm on Bravo.
- Jeff Garlin (The Goldbergs/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Watch Jeff on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Lily appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Hodgman (Married) - John is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Helen Hunt (Mad About You/It Takes Two) - Helen visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Candice Bergen (Murphy Brow) - Candice stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - Peter appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/The Knights of Prosperity/Hot Properties) - Sofia is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings. She also talks about her new film Hot Pursuit on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe breaks down the hottest headlines on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Davis (Bad Teacher/Sex and the City) - Kristin talks about Gardeners of Eden on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She talks about dating, raising her three-year-old daughter and rumors of a third Sex and the City movie on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings. She will also be on the AOL Build Show.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Surviving Suburbia/Full House)- Bob appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Natalie Desselle Reid (Eve/Built to Last) - Natalie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym will be part of the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Raven-Symoné (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven-Symoné guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Josh Gad (The Comedians/1600 Penn/Back to You) - Josh will be on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Brad Garrett ('Til Death/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Brad talks about his book When the Balls Drop on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.