Monday, November 07, 2005
And now another veteran comedy has been given a cut of episodes. First The WB's What I Like About You went from 22 to 18 episodes, now CBS has cut the order for Yes, Dear. 13 episodes will only be made, while two unaired episodes from last season are also available for a total of 15 episodes this actual season. You might wonder why they cut the order for this show and not Still Standing, which has done worse. Simple answer: Yes, Dear is already in syndication for them while Still Standing isn't yet.
I hate to bring bad news, but I think I have to say this to get the fans of Night Court who have not bought season one to start buying that set. Warner Home Video has told me that they have no plans at this time for a season two DVD due to poor sales. This explains why they will be releasing a TV Favorites set in 2006, which features Markie Post episodes. They have told me if you wish to see season sets, go out and buy the first season right now, if you haven't already, and buy the TV Favorites set when that comes out. Believe me, it WILL make a difference. It is a good thing they told us this information or fans of this smart sitcom would have lucked out. I agree with most fans that this sitcom didn't really make its stride until about season three, but what could we do? So, if you are one of those fans who didn't buy season one because you thought the show really started going in season three, I suggest you buy season one right away. Go out and buy 5 copies and give them to your friends and family for Christmas, ohhhh-kay (as Bull would say)?
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, September 2
New Girl - "Cruise" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jess and Nick invite the gang along with them on a cruise they booked while still together as a couple. Coach tries to suppress his fear of boating, Schmidt attempts to win back Cece and Winston tries to mend Jess and Nick’s fractured relationship.
The Mindy Project - "Danny and Mindy" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mindy thinks she’s met the man of her dreams after he writes a description of their encounter in a New York newspaper, leading to a surprising reveal.
Sullivan & Son - "A Kiss Is Just Never a Kiss" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Steve goes all out to impress an exciting new woman, with the help of Melanie. Meanwhile, Hank's doctor prescribes him testosterone, but a mishap leads to a "juiced up" Hank.
Tuesday, September 2
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Catch Allison on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- David Koechner (The Office/Hank) - David stops by @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- George Lopez (Saint George/George Lopez) - George appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Albert Tsai (Trophy Wife) - Albert is a guest on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Seth Green (Dads/Greg the Bunny) - Seth talks about his new film The Identical on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Brooklyn Decker (Friends with Better Lives) - Tune in to see Brooklyn on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke is a guest on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.