Monday, November 07, 2005
And now another veteran comedy has been given a cut of episodes. First The WB's What I Like About You went from 22 to 18 episodes, now CBS has cut the order for Yes, Dear. 13 episodes will only be made, while two unaired episodes from last season are also available for a total of 15 episodes this actual season. You might wonder why they cut the order for this show and not Still Standing, which has done worse. Simple answer: Yes, Dear is already in syndication for them while Still Standing isn't yet.
I hate to bring bad news, but I think I have to say this to get the fans of Night Court who have not bought season one to start buying that set. Warner Home Video has told me that they have no plans at this time for a season two DVD due to poor sales. This explains why they will be releasing a TV Favorites set in 2006, which features Markie Post episodes. They have told me if you wish to see season sets, go out and buy the first season right now, if you haven't already, and buy the TV Favorites set when that comes out. Believe me, it WILL make a difference. It is a good thing they told us this information or fans of this smart sitcom would have lucked out. I agree with most fans that this sitcom didn't really make its stride until about season three, but what could we do? So, if you are one of those fans who didn't buy season one because you thought the show really started going in season three, I suggest you buy season one right away. Go out and buy 5 copies and give them to your friends and family for Christmas, ohhhh-kay (as Bull would say)?
Last Man Standing - "Spanking" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After giving his great-grandson Boyd a spanking, Bud (Robert Forster) is surprised that Mike agrees with Kristen and Ryan about not using that style of discipline as a last resort. Meanwhile, when Mandy gives boyfriend Kyle a porkpie hat, he thinks it’s because she wants to “brand” him.
The Neighbors - "Supreme Like Me" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When a water pipe bursts in the Weaver house, Mother Joyner and Father Kersee help the Weavers clean up the mess. Marty and Debbie are so eager to finally have the company of warm, supportive parents that they don’t realize they’re inadvertently causing a rift between Jackie and her parents. Will they ever be able to make up? Meanwhile, Larry steps up his job hunting to prove to Jackie’s parents that he can get a job and support his family. Meredith Baxter and Reginald VelJohnson return as Jackie’s parents.
Raising Hope - "Murder, She Hoped" / Dysfunction Function" (Fox, 9:00-10:00PM ET/PT)
Burt and Virginia get new back-fence neighbors, and Burt is convinced that there is something suspicious about them. Then, Virginia and Burt fear that Jimmy and Sabrina's marriage has lost its spark. So they use their own relationship experiences to try and shake things up.
A.N.T. Farm - "silANT Night" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Grundy tries to surprise the ANTs by dressing up as Santa Claus, but things take a turn when the backup computer locks the kids in the school.
Dog with a Blog - "Twas the Fight Before Christmas" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Avery's Aunt Sigourney plans to visit so she decides to plan the perfect Christmas.
Love That Girl - "Happy Hold Up Day" (TV One, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The gang gets taken hostage on Christmas Eve.
Friday, December 6
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne) - Watch Johnny on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Josh Gad (1600 Penn/Back to You) - Josh appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - Jennie guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Danny DeVito (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia/Taxi) - Danny and Mara Wilson talk about Matilda on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- John Goodman (Roseanne) - John will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He also chats about the new film Inside Llewyn Davis on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/Hot Properties/The Knights of Prosperity) - Sofia dresses audience members in looks from Kmart on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Tim Conway (McHale's Navy/Rango) - Tim will be on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.