Tuesday, January 24, 2017
Teachers Season Premiere Scores for TV Land; Disney to Air Stuck in the Middle Movie Event on Feb. 3
Last Tuesday's second season premiere of critically-acclaimed hit comedy Teachers notched series highs in key demos and was the most-watched episode of the series ever on TV Land, according to Nielsen's Live +3 data. The episode scored double-digit increases in key demos with a 0.47 rating among Adults 25-54, up +57% versus the first season premiere, and a 0.61 rating with Women 25-54, up +53% versus the season premiere. The January 17 season two premiere was also the most-watched episode ever for the series, garnering 811,000 total viewers, up +42% versus the series premiere in January 2016. The critical darling, named to The Best TV of 2016 by both The Hollywood Reporter and LA Weekly, has been praised as "unpredictably funny," "Seinfeld-esque with a dash of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" (VanityFair.com), "a hidden gem" and "stronger and funnier than ever" (HollywoodReporter.com).
Teachers revolves around a group of elementary school teachers who are trying to mold the minds of America's youth, but don't have their own lives together at all, and the second season will see the women facing elections, demotions and team-building exercises. The series is written by and stars The Katydids - Caitlin Barlow, Katy Colloton, Cate Freedman, Kate Lambert, Katie O'Brien and Kathryn Renée Thomas - and in season two, great guest stars pop up, including Haley Joel Osment as Mrs. Adler's husband, Ryan Hansen as Ms. Snap's rival in a school council race, Jessica St. Clair (Playing House) as the school counselor, and more surprising appearances and cameos by famous faces in comedy, pop culture and music, including Lisa Loeb, Coolio and more. In tonight's episode, Ms. Snap and Ms. Bennigan host a "Women Empowering Women" seminar after a trespasser gets into Fillmore and creeps everyone out, while Mrs. Adler goes way too far trying to teach her kids about "stranger danger."
The Diaz family jumps in, slides down and wades right into the metaphorical deep end of a family vacation when Harley's winning invention scores the family a free trip to a waterpark, in the season two premiere of Stuck in the Middle, presented in a movie event, Stuck in the Waterpark - The Movie, on Friday, February 3 from 8:00-9:00 p.m. EST. The telecast will be preceded by family favorites Despicable Me and Disney Pixar's Monsters University (4:30 p.m. EST). Stuck in the Waterpark - The Movie will also be available on Disney Channel's multiple on-demand platforms including the Disney Channel app and Disney Channel VOD on Friday, February 3. Filmed on location in La Mirada, California, Stuck in the Waterpark - The Movie stars Jenna Ortega as Harley, Isaak Presley as Ethan, Ronni Hawk as Rachel, Kayla Maisonet as Georgie, Nicolas Bechtel as Lewie, Malachi Barton as "Beast," Ariana Greenblatt as Daphne, Cerina Vincent as Suzy and Joe Nieves as Tom.
Since its February 2016 launch, Stuck in the Middle has ranked among TV's highest rated series in the Kids 2-11, Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14. During 2016, the series reached nearly 100 million Total Viewers across the U.S. including 28 million Kids 2-14 and 37 million Adults 18-49, as well as an additional 40 million via the Disney Channel app and Disney Channel VOD. A hit worldwide, Stuck in the Middle attracted hundreds of millions of viewers globally throughout the year, including 65 million in third quarter 2016 in 155 countries and 27 different languages.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, April 28
Stuck in the Middle - "Stuck with a Boy Genius" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Harley, Rachel, Georgie and Ethan attend their school spring formal dance, while Lewie and Beast camp out at home in the backyard.
Andi Mack - "It's Not About You" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Andi's frustration boils over when she discovers that Buffy has secretly been confiding in Bex instead of her; Cyrus double-dates with Jonah Beck, Amber and her friend Iris.
Friday, April 28
- Gabourey Sidibe (The Big C) - Watch Gabourey on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Britt Robertson (Girlboss) - Britt is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Anna Baryshnikov (Superior Donuts) - Anna is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened), Joely Fisher (Ellen/'Til Death), Clea Lewis (Ellen/Flying Blind) and David Anthony Higgins (Ellen/Malcolm in the Middle/Big Time Rush) - The Ellen DeGeneres Show celebrates the 20th Anniversary of the Ellen coming out episode, so check your local listings.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec talks about Donald Trump, too much alcohol and the thing that saved his life on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Courting Alex/Accidentally on Purpose/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She also dishes about Imaginary Mary on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Kathryn is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.