Wednesday, August 31, 2016
Kevin James Hosts CBS Fall Preview Special on Sept. 12; H&I Beams Up Star Trek: The Animated Series Beginning Sept. 4
Kevin James, star of CBS's new comedy series Kevin Can Wait, will host CBS Fall Preview, a primetime special highlighting the network's six new fall series. It will air Monday, September 12 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network and on CBS All Access, the network's digital subscription video on demand and live-streaming service.
In addition, the special will be available on demand across multiple platforms through mid-October, providing viewers with convenient anytime access to information about the Network’s new fall lineup. The platforms include CBS.com, the CBS App, select CBS Audience Network partner sites and participating CBS stations’ sites, as well as on demand via the Network’s various cable, satellite and telco partners.
Throughout the special, Kevin (joined by Kevin Can Wait co-star Erinn Hayes in one segment) introduces the six new series with a mix of “first look” behind-the-scenes moments, cast interviews and select scenes from the shows’ premiere episodes. Their other new comedy series are Man with a Plan (starring Matt LeBlanc) and The Great Indoors (starring Joel McHale). New dramas are Bull, MacGyver and Pure Genius. Stay with us for updates on other fall preview specials.
Heroes & Icons TV Network (H&I) is beaming up weekly Sunday evening broadcasts of the Emmy Award-winning Star Trek: The Animated Series beginning Sunday, September 4 at 7:00 and 7:30pm ET. The debut helps mark the 50th anniversary of the 1966 premiere of Star Trek: The Original Series. Adding fireworks to H&Is Star Trek: 50 Iconic Years programming celebration are broadcasts of all five Star Trek live action series plus six rarely seen authentic Star Trek documentaries featuring interviews with creator Gene Roddenberry, and stars William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Deforest Kelly, George Takei and others. The full-day documentary schedule includes:
1-3pm ET: Star Trek 25th Anniversary Special (1991)
3-4pm ET: Star Trek: Beyond the Final Frontier (2007)
5-6pm ET: Leonard Nimoy: Star Trek Memories (1983)
6-7pm ET: Star Trek: A Captain's Log (1994)
1-2am ET: Ultimate Trek: Star Trek's Greatest Moments (1999)
2-3am ET: Journey's End: Saga of Star Trek Next Generation (1994)
Star Trek: The Animated Series expands H&I TV’s weekly broadcast of all five live action Star Trek TV programs, including: Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek Voyager, and Star Trek: Enterprise. These live action series air six nights a week on the H&I TV Network, Sunday nights beginning at 8:00pm ET and weeknights beginning at 6:00pm ET. Viewers can find out where to watch each night of All Star Trek programming on the H&I AllStarTrek.com website.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, September 24
Henry Danger - "Love Muffin" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man suddenly announces he's getting married, Henry and Charlotte go searching for answers only to discover that things are not as they seem.
Game Shakers - "Secret Level" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Hudson releases false information about a secret level in a Game Shakers' game, Game Shakers is besieged by angry, crazy fans. Babe uses the secret level to go on a date with Mason Kendal.
School of Rock - "Wouldn't It Be Nice?" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Summer's failed attempt to share a locker with Freddy sets off a chain reaction of locker-switching that puts the entire band out of sync. Guest Star: Brec Bassinger
Saturday, September 24
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Watch Norm on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Catch Mark on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.