Wednesday, August 31, 2016
Kevin James Hosts CBS Fall Preview Special on Sept. 12; H&I Beams Up Star Trek: The Animated Series Beginning Sept. 4
Kevin James, star of CBS's new comedy series Kevin Can Wait, will host CBS Fall Preview, a primetime special highlighting the network's six new fall series. It will air Monday, September 12 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network and on CBS All Access, the network's digital subscription video on demand and live-streaming service.
In addition, the special will be available on demand across multiple platforms through mid-October, providing viewers with convenient anytime access to information about the Network’s new fall lineup. The platforms include CBS.com, the CBS App, select CBS Audience Network partner sites and participating CBS stations’ sites, as well as on demand via the Network’s various cable, satellite and telco partners.
Throughout the special, Kevin (joined by Kevin Can Wait co-star Erinn Hayes in one segment) introduces the six new series with a mix of “first look” behind-the-scenes moments, cast interviews and select scenes from the shows’ premiere episodes. Their other new comedy series are Man with a Plan (starring Matt LeBlanc) and The Great Indoors (starring Joel McHale). New dramas are Bull, MacGyver and Pure Genius. Stay with us for updates on other fall preview specials.
Heroes & Icons TV Network (H&I) is beaming up weekly Sunday evening broadcasts of the Emmy Award-winning Star Trek: The Animated Series beginning Sunday, September 4 at 7:00 and 7:30pm ET. The debut helps mark the 50th anniversary of the 1966 premiere of Star Trek: The Original Series. Adding fireworks to H&Is Star Trek: 50 Iconic Years programming celebration are broadcasts of all five Star Trek live action series plus six rarely seen authentic Star Trek documentaries featuring interviews with creator Gene Roddenberry, and stars William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Deforest Kelly, George Takei and others. The full-day documentary schedule includes:
1-3pm ET: Star Trek 25th Anniversary Special (1991)
3-4pm ET: Star Trek: Beyond the Final Frontier (2007)
5-6pm ET: Leonard Nimoy: Star Trek Memories (1983)
6-7pm ET: Star Trek: A Captain's Log (1994)
1-2am ET: Ultimate Trek: Star Trek's Greatest Moments (1999)
2-3am ET: Journey's End: Saga of Star Trek Next Generation (1994)
Star Trek: The Animated Series expands H&I TV’s weekly broadcast of all five live action Star Trek TV programs, including: Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek Voyager, and Star Trek: Enterprise. These live action series air six nights a week on the H&I TV Network, Sunday nights beginning at 8:00pm ET and weeknights beginning at 6:00pm ET. Viewers can find out where to watch each night of All Star Trek programming on the H&I AllStarTrek.com website.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.