Wednesday, August 31, 2016
Kevin James Hosts CBS Fall Preview Special on Sept. 12; H&I Beams Up Star Trek: The Animated Series Beginning Sept. 4
Kevin James, star of CBS's new comedy series Kevin Can Wait, will host CBS Fall Preview, a primetime special highlighting the network's six new fall series. It will air Monday, September 12 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network and on CBS All Access, the network's digital subscription video on demand and live-streaming service.
In addition, the special will be available on demand across multiple platforms through mid-October, providing viewers with convenient anytime access to information about the Network’s new fall lineup. The platforms include CBS.com, the CBS App, select CBS Audience Network partner sites and participating CBS stations’ sites, as well as on demand via the Network’s various cable, satellite and telco partners.
Throughout the special, Kevin (joined by Kevin Can Wait co-star Erinn Hayes in one segment) introduces the six new series with a mix of “first look” behind-the-scenes moments, cast interviews and select scenes from the shows’ premiere episodes. Their other new comedy series are Man with a Plan (starring Matt LeBlanc) and The Great Indoors (starring Joel McHale). New dramas are Bull, MacGyver and Pure Genius. Stay with us for updates on other fall preview specials.
Heroes & Icons TV Network (H&I) is beaming up weekly Sunday evening broadcasts of the Emmy Award-winning Star Trek: The Animated Series beginning Sunday, September 4 at 7:00 and 7:30pm ET. The debut helps mark the 50th anniversary of the 1966 premiere of Star Trek: The Original Series. Adding fireworks to H&Is Star Trek: 50 Iconic Years programming celebration are broadcasts of all five Star Trek live action series plus six rarely seen authentic Star Trek documentaries featuring interviews with creator Gene Roddenberry, and stars William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Deforest Kelly, George Takei and others. The full-day documentary schedule includes:
1-3pm ET: Star Trek 25th Anniversary Special (1991)
3-4pm ET: Star Trek: Beyond the Final Frontier (2007)
5-6pm ET: Leonard Nimoy: Star Trek Memories (1983)
6-7pm ET: Star Trek: A Captain's Log (1994)
1-2am ET: Ultimate Trek: Star Trek's Greatest Moments (1999)
2-3am ET: Journey's End: Saga of Star Trek Next Generation (1994)
Star Trek: The Animated Series expands H&I TV’s weekly broadcast of all five live action Star Trek TV programs, including: Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek Voyager, and Star Trek: Enterprise. These live action series air six nights a week on the H&I TV Network, Sunday nights beginning at 8:00pm ET and weeknights beginning at 6:00pm ET. Viewers can find out where to watch each night of All Star Trek programming on the H&I AllStarTrek.com website.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.