Monday, May 02, 2016
Beginning today (Monday, May 2), getTV (American digital multicast television network that is owned by the Sony Pictures Television Networks subsidiary of Sony Pictures Television) is drastically changing their lineup this week, adding a bunch of classic sitcoms and classic dramas to the schedule. The network is reducing the number of movies they air by a lot, too. Among the series being added include classic sitcoms The Jimmy Stewart Show at 7:35AM. That is followed by Nanny and the Professor at 8:15AM and then The Ghost & Mrs. Muir at 8:50AM. The westerns will air from 9:30am-12pm with A Man Called Shenandoah, The Restless Gun and Laredo. Dramas are being added later in the afternoon with Tour of Duty at Noon, S.W.A.T. at 1PM, Airwolf at 2PM, Riptide at 3PM, Hardcastle & McCormick at 4PM, The Equalizer at 5PM and then back-to-back In the Heat of the Night at 6 & 7PM
The best dinner parties are filled with good food, great company, and lots of laughs. That holds especially true when Andy Richter (Late Night with Conan O'Brien, Conan, Andy Richter Controls the Universe, Andy Barker P.I.) is the host, famous foodies and chefs are on the guest list, and crazy culinary games are on the menu. At this ultimate dinner party, as each course is served, so is a new round of the competition where stars are paired up to compete in fast-paced trivia games and food-themed challenges. The team that earns the most points will win the coveted Golden Dinner Plate, while the losing team will have to wash the dishes. Catch all the action unfold on Celebrity Food Fight, with double episodes premiering on Sunday, May 29th at 10pm & 10:30pm ET/PT on Food Network. Joining the fun in the 10 half-hour episode season are Tom Arnold, Jonathan Bennett, Richard Blais, Anne Burrell, Kim Coles, Scott Conant, Coolio, Andy Dick, Graham Elliot, Bill Engvall, Jennie Garth, Duff Goldman, Greg Grunberg, Alex Guarnaschelli, Penn Jillette, Kristen Johnston, Kevin Jonas, Christopher Knight, Katie Lee, Tara Lipinksi, Antonia Lofaso, Carlos Mencia, Damaris Phillips, Dr. Drew Pinsky, Caroline Rhea, Melissa Rivers, Aaron Sanchez, Jean Smart, Ruben Studdard, and Kendra Wilkinson. Two teams of two, each consisting of a chef and a celebrity, will compete in a variety of unique food-related games designed to test their culinary knowledge. From Cooking The Books, where the teams must find the fake cookbook title, to Talking With Your Mouth Full, where contestants read the names of entrées with their mouths full, while their teammates must correctly guess what they said, to Finger Foods, where the contestants must put their hands in a box and use their fingers to correctly identify each edible item, playing with food has never ever been this fun!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.