Thursday, May 12, 2016
Antenna TV Books Gidget Memorial Day Marathon; Upfront Update: NBC Picks Up First 2 New Comedies for 2016-17
Antenna TV, Tribune's multicast broadcast network, will celebrate the unofficial start of summer with sun, surf, and sand during the 16 hour Gidget marathon airing this Memorial Day. Viewers will be able to watch the entire series and catch a wave with Gidget, Larue, and the Big Kahuna beginning at 7am ET on Monday, May 30, 2016. Antenna TV, which now airs in 128 TV markets across the U.S. reaching 86% of TV households, will air the following Gidget episodes:
07:00 AM Dear Diary...et Al
07:30 AM I God and Nobody Else We Trust
08:00 AM Great Kahuna Story, The
08:30 AM Daddy Come Home
09:00 AM The Gidget Gidget
09:30 AM Hearse, A Hearse, A
10:00 AM Gidget is a Proper Noun
10:30 AM Image Scrimmage
11:00 AM Is It Love or is It Symbiosis
11:30 AM All the Best Diseases are Taken
12:00 PM My Ever faithful, Long Lasting Friend
12:30 PM Chivalry Isn't Dead, It's Just Hiding
01:00 PM War Between Men, Women and Gidget
01:30 PM Gidget's Foreign Policy
02:00 PM Now There's a Face
02:30 PM Too Many Cooks
03:00 PM I Love You, I Love You, I Love You
03:30 PM Like Voodoo
04:00 PM Gidget's Career
04:30 PM Ego a Go-Go
05:00 PM In and Out with the In-Laws
05:30 PM We Got Each Other
06:00 PM Operation Shaggy Dog
06:30 PM Ringa-Ding Dingbat
07:00 PM Love and the Single Gidget
07:30 PM Take a Lesson
08:00 PM Independence Gidget Style
08:30 PM One More for the Road
09:00 PM Ask Helpful Hannah
09:30 PM Hard Night's Night, A
10:00 PM I Have This Friend Who...
10:30 PM Don't Defrost the Alligator
All times Eastern.
Gidget airs regularly on Antenna TV Sundays 7am ET / 4am PT.
NBC has picked up their first new series orders for 2016-17, and both are comedies! And both are single-camera comedies. The first one is titled Powerless. In the first comedy series set in the universe of DC Comics, Vanessa Hudgens (Grease: Live!, High School Musical) plays Emily, a spunky young insurance adjuster specializing in regular-people coverage against damage caused by the crime-fighting superheroes. It's when she stands up to one of these larger-than-life figures (after an epic battle messes with her commute) that she accidentally becomes a cult "hero" in her own right ... even if it's just to her group of lovably quirky co-workers. Now, while she navigates her normal, everyday life against an explosive backdrop, Emily might just discover that being a hero doesn't always require superpowers. The cast includes Vanessa Hudgens, Alan Tudyk, Danny Pudi and Christina Kirk. The second order is for Trial & Error. In this outrageous fish-out-of-water comedy, bright-eyed New York lawyer Josh Segal (Nicholas D'Agosto, Gotham) heads to a tiny Southern town for his first big case. His mission? To defend an eccentric, "rollercizing" poetry professor (John Lithgow, 3rd Rock From the Sun) accused of the bizarre murder of his beloved wife. Settling into his makeshift office behind a taxidermy shop and meeting his quirky team of local misfits, Josh suspects that winning his first big case will not be easy, especially when his client is always making himself look guilty. "Making a Murderer" can be funny! The cast includes John Lithgow, Nicholas D'Agosto, Jayma Mays, Sherri Shepherd, Steven Boyer and Krysta Rodriguez. Keep it right here for continued updates, as NBC will likely announce their fall schedule on Sunday in time for Monday morning's upfront presentation.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 21
Last Man Standing - "Trick or Treat" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Halloween and the Baxter family is excited for their annual party, except for Mike who’s reluctantly tasked with choosing the theme. In hopes of turning everyone against the holiday, Mike decides that maybe if the whole family has to dress up like each other they’ll end up making fun of one another. Eve dresses up like Mandy and Mandy dresses down like Eve, Kristin and Ryan swap roles, and Mike shows up to the party as… Donald Trump!? The impersonating turns into bickering but in the end, the Baxters come together to support Vanessa as she learns that she’s being laid off.
Dr. Ken - "D.K.'s Korean Ghost Story" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Halloween, Allison is disappointed the holiday doesn’t seem to scare Dave anymore, meaning her little boy is growing up, perhaps too fast. But that might change after D.K. tells a scary Korean gwishin (ghost) story. The Park family, as well as the gang at Welltopia, bring the story to life playing the various gwishins.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Jack" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus deals with the loss of one of his former teammates.
Friday, October 21
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Matthew on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah talks about Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1:15pm.
- Lindsay Sloane (The Odd Couple/The Stones/Mr. Rhodes) - Lindsay visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Tom and Ron will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian talks about King Cobra on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Netflix's Good Girls Revolt on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jennifer Grey (Red Oaks/It's Like, You Know...) - Jennifer joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Thomas Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) and Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Thomas and Jason are guests on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marisa appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Paul Reiser (Red Oaks/Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.