Wednesday, March 16, 2016
3 Stars from Step by Step, Full House and 7th Heaven Join Pop Series; Friends Star Turns Into a Kennedy on Reelz Channel
Three fan favorite child stars of the '90s - Jodie Sweetin (Full House, Fuller House), Christine Lakin (Step By Step) and Beverley Mitchell (7th Heaven) have signed on to star in Hollywood Darlings, a new unscripted docu-comedy series on Pop. Christine Lakin, of course, is a friend of this very website, as we have interviewed her on multiple occasions. The network ordered eight half-hour episodes, which will follow three lifelong friends who grew up together in "the business," became household names, and now take on even bigger roles as moms, wives and businesswomen. Their social circles include other celebrities, who will make special appearances throughout the series. There is no airdate set just yet for the series, but it could be Fall 2016 or early 2017. Stay with us as soon as we know!
Actor Matthew Perry (Friends, The Odd Couple) will star as Ted Kennedy in The Kennedys - After Camelot, the follow up to the award winning The Kennedys. The new four-hour miniseries is based on the New York Times best seller, "After Camelot: A Personal History of the Kennedy Family 1968 to the Present" by best-selling author and biographer J. Randy Taraborrelli and will premiere on REELZ in spring 2017. Perry will also serve as an executive producer. Matthew Perry portrays Ted Kennedy in the years following the assassinations of his brothers Jack and Bobby and depicts his very complicated public and private life as he tries to live up to the Kennedy family political ambition and fill a male leadership void in the family itself. Perry joins Katie Holmes, portraying Jackie Kennedy Onassis, who despite her desire for privacy had arguably become the most famous and admired woman in the world. Jackie's ties to the Kennedy family remained strong throughout her life and her relationship with her brother-in-law Ted grew ever closer as they constantly turned to one another for support and as confidantes.
Perry is currently starring on stage in London's West End in The End of Longing, a play which is his playwriting debut. The second season of the CBS comedy, The Odd Couple, in which Perry stars and serves as executive producer, premieres April 7. The Kennedys - After Camelot project was brought to Muse Entertainment by Keri Selig of Intuition Productions (The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe) who serves as an executive producer. Jon Cassar (The Kennedys) and Katie Holmes are directing from scripts by Stephen Kronish (The Kennedys) and Sandra Chwialkowska (Lost Girl). Holmes also serves as an executive producer. The Kennedys - After Camelot is filming in Toronto, Canada this spring.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.