Tuesday, December 29, 2015
Two more series are coming to Pop TV as we enter 2016. One sitcom and one drama. The sitcom will be the classic sitcom I Love Lucy. The Lucille Ball all-time great series will start on Friday, January 1, 2016 and will air weekday mornings at 9:30am leading into Dynasty at 10am and 11am. The other series joining Pop TV will be the Jennifer Love Hewitt drama Ghost Whisperer. The series will air Sundays and Wednesdays beginning Sunday, Jan. 3. On Sundays it will air from 12-3pm. On Wednesdays it will air in primetime from 9pm-12am. The rest of the Pop TV schedule will remain the same with as we mentioned Dynasty 10am and 11am, Beverly Hills 90210 at noon and 1pm, Dawson's Creek at 2pm & 3pm, and That '70s Show from 4-6pm. The early evening line-up will still be Celebrity Name Game at 6 leading into soap opera encores from 6:30pm-9pm. Looks like series like Family Ties, Wings and The Love Boat are not going to pop-up on Pop anymore it seems.
One of the most beloved comedies in television history will light up the airwaves at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Day, Friday, January 1 in NYC, when WLNY-TV (Channels 10/55) presents The Odd Couple marathon from 12am to 6:00pm. The marathon will include 36 episodes from the classic series, culminating with the 1973 "My Strife in Court" episode, featuring Felix attempting to act as his own attorney in court (5:00pm) and the 1972 "Password" episode where Oscar is invited to be a celebrity contestant and brings Felix as his partner (5:30pm). WLNY's The Odd Couple marathon will also feature the 1973 "The Ides of April" episode where Felix inadvertently gets Oscar called in for an audit from the IRS (3:30pm), 1973's "Let's Make a Deal" episode, where Felix and Oscar appear on a game show in an attempt to win Felix a new bed (4:00pm) and the 1973 "Take My Furniture Please" episode where both Felix and Oscar take turns redecorating their apartment (4:30pm).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, September 30
Last Man Standing - "Gameday Forecast: Showers" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When a Jack and Jill wedding shower for Mandy and Kyle is announced, Mike is disappointed to learn it’s on the same day as the big Broncos-Chargers game. In an effort to catch the game with Joe (Jay Leno) and the guys, Mike convinces the couple to hold separate showers. Ryan offers to host the men’s festivities at his place, and to Mike’s dismay, he’s more into party planning than anyone would have thought. Meanwhile, Ed’s convinced that sticking to his superstitious rituals is the only way to see to it that the Broncos pull out a big win, even if it means interfering with Mandy’s wedding shower.
Dr. Ken - "Ken and Allison Share a Patient" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Allison’s first work day at Welltopia, she and Ken try to prove the other wrong when it comes to a patient’s diagnosis. After Damona introduces her new boyfriend, Eric, to co-workers, Pat surprises everyone and announces he’s also dating someone. Meanwhile, it’s Dave’s first day of middle school, and he’s nervous he won’t be able to make friends, so he turns to D.K. to help reinvent his image.
Liv and Maddie - "Linda & Heather-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Liv thinks she landed a small role on a hit show called ``Linda and Heather'' but her part turns out to be much bigger; Joey experiences relationship woes.
Bunk'd - "Luke Out Below" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Luke comes back to camp and takes Griff and Zuri on an adventure to prove that he's just as responsible as the other CITs.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Three Times" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Leslie and Angela try to fix their seemingly broken friendship with Jennifer.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "The Flower Delivery" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Keisha manages to intercept Richard's gift for his new love interest.
Friday, September 30
- Minnie Driver (Speechless/About a Boy) - Watch Minnie on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Clark Gregg (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Clark is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Ashley Williams (The Jim Gaffigan Show/How I Met Your Mother/Good Morning, Miami) - Ashley talks about her Hallmark Channel original movie Love on a Limb on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah stops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim talks about Madam Secretary on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Less Than Perfect) and Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor) - Sara and Michael talks about Season 2 of TV Land's Impastor on People Now at 8:30am.