Monday, August 03, 2015
Seven Questions with Krista Allen of Significant Mother; The CW Moves Up Fall 2015 Monday Shows by a Week
"Seven Questions with Significant Mother's Krista Allen"
SitcomsOnline: Hi Krista! It is such a pleasure to be interviewing you. We've been a fan of your work from the start from Baywatch Hawaii to What About Brian to your fun guest appearance on Melissa & Joey! I personally cannot wait for Significant Mother, because it looks really funny and has a great cast. So, to start it off...it's been such a long time since The CW has had a comedy series. Can you tell our readers a little about Significant Mother and your character Lydia?
SitcomsOnline: Now I know the series was originally developed for CW Seed, which is the digital home of The CW, so were there any changes made to the series when they announced the show would air on the network instead? And I'm sure you guys were ecstatic that it would air on the network instead, too?
SitcomsOnline: You guys have some really cool guest stars coming up as well to join the already well-rounded cast...can you tell us who will be joining in on the ride and how they will fit in to the plot-line?
SitcomsOnline: So you guys shot the series on location in Portland. How was that experience like and how many episodes can we expect to air this summer?
SitcomsOnline: I think you're brilliant in both drama and comedy. You have such versatility in everything I've seen you in. What type of acting do you prefer, you know like comedy or drama, single-camera or four-camera comedies, dramatic dramas, etc.?
SitcomsOnline: I've got to talk about your career to-date. You've done so many TV shows, whether it is guest appearances or a series regular. I personally loved you on What About Brian opposite Barry Watson and recently on ABC's Mistresses, but what shows or movies did you enjoy working the most on, besides Significant Mother, of course?
SitcomsOnline: And finally, what else do you have coming up that we can look forward to? I know I read about a Hallmark movie and something about being on ABC's The Muppets?
We appreciate Krista Allen for taking the time to talk with us! She is very fun and informative. She really seemed excited about Significant Mother and wanted to share with us as much as she could. We encourage fans to check out the series premiere of Significant Mother on The CW tonight at 9:30|8:30c. But first, don't forget to check out/follow Krista Allen all over the web and social media. Follow her everywhere!
Moving on to other news, we'll stick with The CW, as The CW has moved the Fall 2015 premiere date for the series debut of freshman one-hour comedy/drama Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and the return of the award-winning comedy/drama Jane the Virgin to Monday, October 12. The series were originally scheduled to premiere on October 19. The CW's summer Monday series will have their finales tentatively on Monday, October 5, including the half-hour comedy Significant Mother. The new comedy Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, starring Rachel Bloom as an unhappy lawyer who quits her job and moves across the country in search of love, with her inner monologue providing irreverent musical interludes, will debut at 8:00-9:00pm ET, followed by AFI and Peabody Award winning series Jane the Virgin, starring Golden Globe-winner Gina Rodriguez, returning at 9:00-10:00pm ET.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, January 19
The Big Bang Theory - "The Romance Calibration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Penny feels that Leonard is taking her for granted, she decides to go on a spa weekend with Amy. Also, Wolowitz and Koothrappali try to fix a squeaky floorboard in the baby’s room.
The Great Indoors - "Mason Blows Up" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack tries to reassert his dominance as a reporter after Mason scores an investigative coup that turns him into an overnight celebrity. Also, Clark’s low self-esteem causes him to give Emma relationship advice about other guys instead of asking her out himself
Mom - "Good Karma and the Big Weird" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie encourages Christy to pursue Marjorie’s charming nephew, Nick, despite the fact that he’s been declared off limits. Chris Pratt, husband of MOM star Anna Faris, guest stars as Nick, Marjorie’s nephew.
Life in Pieces - "Tailgate Spiral Souvenir Seating" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Colleen and Matt host the family tailgate party at the L.A. Rams game, they invite former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner to spice up their so far dismal event. Also, Tim’s in danger of missing the game when Sophia makes him take her to the restroom and they get sidetracked returning to their seats; Joan and Jen try to sneak into seats closer to the field; and Greg wins a chance to participate in a halftime contest involving a football toss.
The Good Place - "Mindy St. Claire" / "Michael's Gambit" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the help of Chidi (William Jackson Harper) and Tahani (Jameela Jamil), Michael (Ted Danson) faces his biggest challenge yet. Meanwhile, Eleanor (Kristen Bell), Jianyu (Manny Jacinto) and Janet (D'Arcy Carden) are faced with a monumental decision.
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) and her friends contemplate their fates in the Good Place.
Baskets - "Freaks" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chip has to decide between a tarp and snacks.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.