Monday, August 03, 2015
Seven Questions with Krista Allen of Significant Mother; The CW Moves Up Fall 2015 Monday Shows by a Week
"Seven Questions with Significant Mother's Krista Allen"
SitcomsOnline: Hi Krista! It is such a pleasure to be interviewing you. We've been a fan of your work from the start from Baywatch Hawaii to What About Brian to your fun guest appearance on Melissa & Joey! I personally cannot wait for Significant Mother, because it looks really funny and has a great cast. So, to start it off...it's been such a long time since The CW has had a comedy series. Can you tell our readers a little about Significant Mother and your character Lydia?
SitcomsOnline: Now I know the series was originally developed for CW Seed, which is the digital home of The CW, so were there any changes made to the series when they announced the show would air on the network instead? And I'm sure you guys were ecstatic that it would air on the network instead, too?
SitcomsOnline: You guys have some really cool guest stars coming up as well to join the already well-rounded cast...can you tell us who will be joining in on the ride and how they will fit in to the plot-line?
SitcomsOnline: So you guys shot the series on location in Portland. How was that experience like and how many episodes can we expect to air this summer?
SitcomsOnline: I think you're brilliant in both drama and comedy. You have such versatility in everything I've seen you in. What type of acting do you prefer, you know like comedy or drama, single-camera or four-camera comedies, dramatic dramas, etc.?
SitcomsOnline: I've got to talk about your career to-date. You've done so many TV shows, whether it is guest appearances or a series regular. I personally loved you on What About Brian opposite Barry Watson and recently on ABC's Mistresses, but what shows or movies did you enjoy working the most on, besides Significant Mother, of course?
SitcomsOnline: And finally, what else do you have coming up that we can look forward to? I know I read about a Hallmark movie and something about being on ABC's The Muppets?
We appreciate Krista Allen for taking the time to talk with us! She is very fun and informative. She really seemed excited about Significant Mother and wanted to share with us as much as she could. We encourage fans to check out the series premiere of Significant Mother on The CW tonight at 9:30|8:30c. But first, don't forget to check out/follow Krista Allen all over the web and social media. Follow her everywhere!
Moving on to other news, we'll stick with The CW, as The CW has moved the Fall 2015 premiere date for the series debut of freshman one-hour comedy/drama Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and the return of the award-winning comedy/drama Jane the Virgin to Monday, October 12. The series were originally scheduled to premiere on October 19. The CW's summer Monday series will have their finales tentatively on Monday, October 5, including the half-hour comedy Significant Mother. The new comedy Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, starring Rachel Bloom as an unhappy lawyer who quits her job and moves across the country in search of love, with her inner monologue providing irreverent musical interludes, will debut at 8:00-9:00pm ET, followed by AFI and Peabody Award winning series Jane the Virgin, starring Golden Globe-winner Gina Rodriguez, returning at 9:00-10:00pm ET.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 26
Son of Zorn - "All Hail Son of Zorn" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Seeing an opportunity to get Linda’s old job back, Zorn increases Sanitation Solutions’ business by tapping into the Zephyrian market. Alan tries to win Layla back by becoming Prom King – with Zorn’s help.
Bob's Burgers - "They Serve Horses, Don't They?" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a tip from Jimmy Pesto (guest voice Jay Johnston), Bob secures a new meat provider who claims to save clients money on every order. The Belchers quickly realize that the situation is too good to be true, as they find themselves involved in a full-blown investigation, led by Hugo (guest voice Ken Marino) and Ron (guest voice Ron Lynch). Will Bob crack under the pressure or will he lead the investigators to a huge victory?
The Simpsons - "Havana Wild Weekend" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When the Retirement Castle and the V.A. Hospital can’t solve Grampa’s health issues, the Simpsons decide to take a family trip to Cuba to get him cheap medical care.
The Simpsons - "There Will Be Buds" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer gets roped into coaching the kids’ lacrosse team with Milhouse’s dad, Kirk, who is in desperate need of a friend. When Kirk gets too clingy, Homer vents about how much of a loser he is. Kirk overhears his rant and disappears, right when the team needs him most: the championship game.
Family Guy - "The Boys in the Band" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Stewie and Brian form a children’s band that quickly rises to fame until they let a girl get between them and drive the band apart. Meanwhile, Peter and Lois insist that Chris gets a job so he takes a job managing Quagmire’s sex life as his personal assistant.
Family Guy - "Bookie of the Year" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Brian and Lois decide it’s time for Chris to work out his anger management issues by taking up a sport. Chris surprises everyone and becomes a star baseball pitcher, which turns Peter into a gambling father, as he bets on his son’s baseball games. Meanwhile, Stewie, Brian and Frank Sinatra Jr. attempt to open an Italian restaurant .
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.