Monday, August 03, 2015
Seven Questions with Krista Allen of Significant Mother; The CW Moves Up Fall 2015 Monday Shows by a Week
"Seven Questions with Significant Mother's Krista Allen"
SitcomsOnline: Hi Krista! It is such a pleasure to be interviewing you. We've been a fan of your work from the start from Baywatch Hawaii to What About Brian to your fun guest appearance on Melissa & Joey! I personally cannot wait for Significant Mother, because it looks really funny and has a great cast. So, to start it off...it's been such a long time since The CW has had a comedy series. Can you tell our readers a little about Significant Mother and your character Lydia?
SitcomsOnline: Now I know the series was originally developed for CW Seed, which is the digital home of The CW, so were there any changes made to the series when they announced the show would air on the network instead? And I'm sure you guys were ecstatic that it would air on the network instead, too?
SitcomsOnline: You guys have some really cool guest stars coming up as well to join the already well-rounded cast...can you tell us who will be joining in on the ride and how they will fit in to the plot-line?
SitcomsOnline: So you guys shot the series on location in Portland. How was that experience like and how many episodes can we expect to air this summer?
SitcomsOnline: I think you're brilliant in both drama and comedy. You have such versatility in everything I've seen you in. What type of acting do you prefer, you know like comedy or drama, single-camera or four-camera comedies, dramatic dramas, etc.?
SitcomsOnline: I've got to talk about your career to-date. You've done so many TV shows, whether it is guest appearances or a series regular. I personally loved you on What About Brian opposite Barry Watson and recently on ABC's Mistresses, but what shows or movies did you enjoy working the most on, besides Significant Mother, of course?
SitcomsOnline: And finally, what else do you have coming up that we can look forward to? I know I read about a Hallmark movie and something about being on ABC's The Muppets?
We appreciate Krista Allen for taking the time to talk with us! She is very fun and informative. She really seemed excited about Significant Mother and wanted to share with us as much as she could. We encourage fans to check out the series premiere of Significant Mother on The CW tonight at 9:30|8:30c. But first, don't forget to check out/follow Krista Allen all over the web and social media. Follow her everywhere!
Moving on to other news, we'll stick with The CW, as The CW has moved the Fall 2015 premiere date for the series debut of freshman one-hour comedy/drama Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and the return of the award-winning comedy/drama Jane the Virgin to Monday, October 12. The series were originally scheduled to premiere on October 19. The CW's summer Monday series will have their finales tentatively on Monday, October 5, including the half-hour comedy Significant Mother. The new comedy Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, starring Rachel Bloom as an unhappy lawyer who quits her job and moves across the country in search of love, with her inner monologue providing irreverent musical interludes, will debut at 8:00-9:00pm ET, followed by AFI and Peabody Award winning series Jane the Virgin, starring Golden Globe-winner Gina Rodriguez, returning at 9:00-10:00pm ET.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 10
Saturday, December 10
- Dennis Haskins (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The New Class) - Dennis will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Watch Jennifer Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also chats about the film Why Him? on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. She joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Matthew stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will talks about Collateral Beauty on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice/Arrested Development) - Henry will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Megan Mullally (Will & Grace) - Megan is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.