Thursday, July 30, 2015
NBC has pulled second season summer comedy Welcome to Sweden off the air after two weeks. NBC was airing the series back-to-back on Sunday nights from 8-9pm, but all four airings struggled really mightily in the ratings. Repeats of Hollywood Game Night will now take over on Sundays at 8pm. In the series, Bruce Evans (Greg Poehler) and Emma Wiik (Josephine Bornebusch) seem to be the perfect couple....when she makes the life-changing decision to move back to her native Stockholm to accept a prestigious banking job after a year together, she is surprised and thrilled that he agrees to move with her to begin a new life together. Moving halfway around the world with a new love is a huge step and Bruce, with no job, friends or real clue about what he is getting himself into, is quick to face the many unique challenges and culture clashes that living in a foreign land presents. Against the backdrop of a cold, dark and icy Swedish winter, season two follows Bruce and Emma's engagement as they navigate unexpected career transitions, unfamiliar customs and meddlesome relatives. No word on if and when NBC will burn-off the remaining episodes, but it seems highly unlikely they will. Perhaps NBC.com? We'll let you know when NBC announces anything.
As part of the network's ongoing summer sampling campaign for its new original series, ABC Family will showcase the network's newest original comedy, Kevin From Work, prior to its on-air premiere on Facebook. As of yesterday, July 29, fans can watch the entire first episode of Kevin From Work exclusively on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/KevinFromWorkTV. The show will premiere on ABC Family on Wednesday, August 12 at 8:00 PM ET/PT with two back-to-back episodes. In "Pilot," airing at 8:00 PM ET/PT, after secretly pining after her for years, Kevin declares his love for his coworker Audrey in a letter, believing he'll never see her again after he accepts a job overseas. But Kevin is horrified when that job falls through, and tries to get the letter back before Audrey can see it. Meanwhile, Kevin's irresponsible sister Roxie arrives in town and ends up as Kevin's roommate.
The summer sampling strategy launched earlier this summer with Stitchers and Becoming Us and is a multi-tiered approach that coincides with the series premiere dates. The sampling tactics continue with exclusive digital premieres on Facebook (Kevin From Work) and Tumblr (Job or No Job, Next Step Realty, Monica The Medium and Startup U), screening events with magazines and websites - such as Hearst Magazines' TrendingNY, OK! Magazine, and digital media company Refinery29; free preview of full episodes on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, YouTube, iTunes, Amazon video and Google Play; previews of full episodes on the WATCH ABC Family app, MVPDs and set-top box VODs; as well as on a special ABC Family website www.ABCFbestsummertvever.com where fans can not only watch the premiere episodes but also post reviews and share across their social platforms.
Kevin From Work is written, created and executive-produced by Barbara Adler. Aaron Kaplan at Kapital Entertainment and McG and Mary Viola at Wonderland Sound & Vision serve as Executive Producers. The series stars Noah Reid (Backpackers) as Kevin, Paige Spara as Audrey, Matt Murray as Brian, Jordan Hinson as Roxie, Punam Patel as Patti, with recurring guest star Amy Sedaris (Strangers with Candy) as Julia.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.