Monday, April 06, 2015
Parenthood, That '70s Show on NickMom; CMT Acquires Friday Night Lights, Orders New Comedies, Airs George Lopez & Hot in Cleveland
NickMom has acquired the rights to the family drama Parenthood. The series is airing Fri-Sun at 10pm & 11pm. Those six airings encore during the week, Mon-Sat at 1am as well following reruns of That '70s Show at midnight, which is now also on the network. That '70s Show of course is on other Viacom-owned networks like TV Land and has aired on other networks like TeenNick, MTV and Nick at Nite. Anyway, back to Parenthood. The drama series - based on the movie of the same name - just wrapped its sixth and final season on NBC, and tells the story of the Braverman family as they face life's triumphs and struggles. The series stars Lauren Graham, Mae Whitman, Craig T. Nelson, Peter Krause, Bonnie Bedelia, Erika Christensen, Dax Shepard, Miles Heizer, Sam Jaeger, Savannah Paige Rae, Max Burkholder, Tyree Brown, Sarah Ramos, Xolo Maridue and more. Stay with us for continued updates.
Having recently scored its biggest hits to date, CMT continues to expand an impressive slate of original programming with five new series, a NASCAR event and several returning favorites. The new originals include two comedies: Still the King starring singer-songwriter/actor Billy Ray Cyrus and a forthcoming series I Love Kellie Pickler (working title) featuring country singer Kellie Pickler and her husband Kyle Jacobs produced by Ryan Seacrest Productions. CMT will launch its first-ever nightly talk show, The Josh Wolf Show, starring comedian Josh Wolf and produced by Chelsea Handler. Also coming to CMT are The Ed Bassmaster Show, starring YouTube phenomenon Ed Bassmaster; Gainesville, a coming of age docu-series from the award-winning producers of Brick City; and American Speed: The True Story of NASCAR, a first of its kind limited series event that gives fans an unparalleled look at NASCAR narrated by Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Additionally, the entire series of the highly lauded ensemble drama Friday Night Lights starring Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton will begin airing in May on CMT. It will be shared with sister network TeenNick, which will start the series this Friday (April 10) and will air it 9pm-12am Fri-Sun. CMT is now also airing reruns of George Lopez and Hot in Cleveland in the daytime to go along with reruns of Reba. The comedies are airing from 1pm-8pm, with two-hours each of George and Hot and three-hours of Reba from 5-8pm. The Dukes of Hazzard will be off the schedule starting the 13th, as the series was airing 1-3pm. As for the new comedies,Still The King starring Billy Ray Cyrus, the scripted comedy features Cyrus as Vernon Brown, AKA "Burnin' Vernon," a scandal-ridden washed up one-hit wonder who is kicked out of country music, only to emerge 20 years later as the second best Elvis impersonator in Laughlin, Nevada. After crashing into an old country church outside of Nashville during a drunken bender, he is sentenced to return and perform community service. Along the way, he pretends to be the congregation's new minister and discovers he has a 15-year-old daughter he's never met. In I Love Kellie Pickler, Kellie Pickler catapulted from small-town obscurity and became a household name thanks to American Idol and Dancing With the Stars, but has since gone on to become a country sensation and part of the CMT Family. Recognized and beloved for her quirky personality, uniquely hysterical witticisms and Southern charm, the series will follow her marriage to Kyle Jacobs - her complete opposite.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, January 19
The Big Bang Theory - "The Romance Calibration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Penny feels that Leonard is taking her for granted, she decides to go on a spa weekend with Amy. Also, Wolowitz and Koothrappali try to fix a squeaky floorboard in the baby’s room.
The Great Indoors - "Mason Blows Up" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack tries to reassert his dominance as a reporter after Mason scores an investigative coup that turns him into an overnight celebrity. Also, Clark’s low self-esteem causes him to give Emma relationship advice about other guys instead of asking her out himself
Mom - "Good Karma and the Big Weird" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie encourages Christy to pursue Marjorie’s charming nephew, Nick, despite the fact that he’s been declared off limits. Chris Pratt, husband of MOM star Anna Faris, guest stars as Nick, Marjorie’s nephew.
Life in Pieces - "Tailgate Spiral Souvenir Seating" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Colleen and Matt host the family tailgate party at the L.A. Rams game, they invite former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner to spice up their so far dismal event. Also, Tim’s in danger of missing the game when Sophia makes him take her to the restroom and they get sidetracked returning to their seats; Joan and Jen try to sneak into seats closer to the field; and Greg wins a chance to participate in a halftime contest involving a football toss.
The Good Place - "Mindy St. Claire" / "Michael's Gambit" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the help of Chidi (William Jackson Harper) and Tahani (Jameela Jamil), Michael (Ted Danson) faces his biggest challenge yet. Meanwhile, Eleanor (Kristen Bell), Jianyu (Manny Jacinto) and Janet (D'Arcy Carden) are faced with a monumental decision.
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) and her friends contemplate their fates in the Good Place.
Baskets - "Freaks" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chip has to decide between a tarp and snacks.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.