Thursday, March 19, 2015
TBS has scheduled its upcoming new multi-camera sitcom Your Family or Mine for Tuesday, April 7 at 10pm. Your Family or Mine, from the producers of Friends, Will & Grace and Happy Endings, stars Kyle Howard (Royal Pains), Kat Foster ('Til Death), Richard Dreyfuss (The Goodbye Girl) and JoBeth Williams (Poltergeist). The comedy focuses on a different side of young couple's family each week. Kelli (Foster) and Oliver (Howard) are the couple at the center. The series alternates between the in-laws and the casts, including Dreyfuss and Williams as Oliver's parents. It also delivers funny scenarios that every couple can relate to as Kelli and Oliver navigate the complexities and eccentricities of both of their families while trying to maintain their own marriage and sanity. 10 episodes have been ordered. The comedy will premiere a week after the series finale of Cougar Town on Tuesday, March 31.
Sitcom star Tia Mowry (Instant Mom, The Game, Sister Sister) is cooking it up! Come along as actress, wife and mom, Tia Mowry shares her recipes for success - and for dinner - on Tia Mowry at Home, premiering on Wednesday, April 29 at 9:00pm ET/6:00pm PT on Cooking Channel. Growing up with parents in the armed services, she enjoyed tasting a variety of flavors in the different cities they lived. Ever since, these influences have sparked her desire to cook for her own loved ones. Whether it is a healthy meal for her son and husband, or a dinner party for her best friends, creating tasty and tempting foods is the part of her day that brings the biggest smiles. Over the course of the six half-hour long episodes, viewers will get a glimpse at how Tia balances her hectic schedule with spending time with her family and friends. In one episode, Tia prepares the most important meal of the day - breakfast. To kick off the day right, she begins with an outdoor yoga lesson with instructor Alex Crow, and her friend, actress Natasha Marc. Tia has a ball in another episode when her son, Cree's, friends come over for a play-date. It's a winning surprise when they get an impromptu basketball lesson from NBA all-star Metta World Peace. Throughout the season Tia prepares fast, healthy, and delicious meals ranging from Grilled Lollipop Lamb Chops for a romantic date night, to Cornish Game Hens with a side of Collard Greens for a fun girls' night in. It is a busy and full life, but Tia would not change a thing!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, February 25
The Thundermans - "Ditch Perfect" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Phoebe learns Max’s band plans to dump him, she suspects that his superhero training is hurting his friendships. Determined to help, she attempts to repair things with the band, but her good deeds quickly backfire.
Game Shakers - "Wedding Shower of Doom" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Dub’s brother shows up at Game Shakers and invites everyone except Dub to his wedding, the kids convince him to bring his brother into the fold, promising to make Dub behave himself at the event.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.