Thursday, March 19, 2015
TBS has scheduled its upcoming new multi-camera sitcom Your Family or Mine for Tuesday, April 7 at 10pm. Your Family or Mine, from the producers of Friends, Will & Grace and Happy Endings, stars Kyle Howard (Royal Pains), Kat Foster ('Til Death), Richard Dreyfuss (The Goodbye Girl) and JoBeth Williams (Poltergeist). The comedy focuses on a different side of young couple's family each week. Kelli (Foster) and Oliver (Howard) are the couple at the center. The series alternates between the in-laws and the casts, including Dreyfuss and Williams as Oliver's parents. It also delivers funny scenarios that every couple can relate to as Kelli and Oliver navigate the complexities and eccentricities of both of their families while trying to maintain their own marriage and sanity. 10 episodes have been ordered. The comedy will premiere a week after the series finale of Cougar Town on Tuesday, March 31.
Sitcom star Tia Mowry (Instant Mom, The Game, Sister Sister) is cooking it up! Come along as actress, wife and mom, Tia Mowry shares her recipes for success - and for dinner - on Tia Mowry at Home, premiering on Wednesday, April 29 at 9:00pm ET/6:00pm PT on Cooking Channel. Growing up with parents in the armed services, she enjoyed tasting a variety of flavors in the different cities they lived. Ever since, these influences have sparked her desire to cook for her own loved ones. Whether it is a healthy meal for her son and husband, or a dinner party for her best friends, creating tasty and tempting foods is the part of her day that brings the biggest smiles. Over the course of the six half-hour long episodes, viewers will get a glimpse at how Tia balances her hectic schedule with spending time with her family and friends. In one episode, Tia prepares the most important meal of the day - breakfast. To kick off the day right, she begins with an outdoor yoga lesson with instructor Alex Crow, and her friend, actress Natasha Marc. Tia has a ball in another episode when her son, Cree's, friends come over for a play-date. It's a winning surprise when they get an impromptu basketball lesson from NBA all-star Metta World Peace. Throughout the season Tia prepares fast, healthy, and delicious meals ranging from Grilled Lollipop Lamb Chops for a romantic date night, to Cornish Game Hens with a side of Collard Greens for a fun girls' night in. It is a busy and full life, but Tia would not change a thing!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 22
Henry Danger - "Green Fingers" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
fter Schwoz creates a disease that accidentally effects Charlotte, Henry, his family, and even Ray, he quarantines them in Henry’s house in order to find a cure.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "This Little Piggy Went to the Harpers" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When The Quads kidnap a rival soccer team’s pig mascot as a prank, they have to pass it off as Anne’s surprise birthday present in order to not get caught forgetting her birthday.
Monday, April 24
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Watch Kathryn on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about the new series I Love Dick on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Briga Heelan (Great News/Ground Floor) - Briga is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Matt Walsh (Veep), Mary Holland (Blunt Talk) and Timothy Simons (Veep) - Matt, Mary and Timothy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about making her Broadway debut in Present Laughter on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Katie Gill (Baby Daddy) - Katie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa joins Clinton Kelly in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert with an ingredient she’s never had before—Rhubarb on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate talks about 13 Reasons Why on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.