Thursday, March 19, 2015
TBS has scheduled its upcoming new multi-camera sitcom Your Family or Mine for Tuesday, April 7 at 10pm. Your Family or Mine, from the producers of Friends, Will & Grace and Happy Endings, stars Kyle Howard (Royal Pains), Kat Foster ('Til Death), Richard Dreyfuss (The Goodbye Girl) and JoBeth Williams (Poltergeist). The comedy focuses on a different side of young couple's family each week. Kelli (Foster) and Oliver (Howard) are the couple at the center. The series alternates between the in-laws and the casts, including Dreyfuss and Williams as Oliver's parents. It also delivers funny scenarios that every couple can relate to as Kelli and Oliver navigate the complexities and eccentricities of both of their families while trying to maintain their own marriage and sanity. 10 episodes have been ordered. The comedy will premiere a week after the series finale of Cougar Town on Tuesday, March 31.
Sitcom star Tia Mowry (Instant Mom, The Game, Sister Sister) is cooking it up! Come along as actress, wife and mom, Tia Mowry shares her recipes for success - and for dinner - on Tia Mowry at Home, premiering on Wednesday, April 29 at 9:00pm ET/6:00pm PT on Cooking Channel. Growing up with parents in the armed services, she enjoyed tasting a variety of flavors in the different cities they lived. Ever since, these influences have sparked her desire to cook for her own loved ones. Whether it is a healthy meal for her son and husband, or a dinner party for her best friends, creating tasty and tempting foods is the part of her day that brings the biggest smiles. Over the course of the six half-hour long episodes, viewers will get a glimpse at how Tia balances her hectic schedule with spending time with her family and friends. In one episode, Tia prepares the most important meal of the day - breakfast. To kick off the day right, she begins with an outdoor yoga lesson with instructor Alex Crow, and her friend, actress Natasha Marc. Tia has a ball in another episode when her son, Cree's, friends come over for a play-date. It's a winning surprise when they get an impromptu basketball lesson from NBA all-star Metta World Peace. Throughout the season Tia prepares fast, healthy, and delicious meals ranging from Grilled Lollipop Lamb Chops for a romantic date night, to Cornish Game Hens with a side of Collard Greens for a fun girls' night in. It is a busy and full life, but Tia would not change a thing!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.