Wednesday, March 04, 2015
The MeTV Network is asking viewers for their help crown their most memorable program. And it is going to be bracket style like March Madness. Yep, 64 programs will compete to be crowned the most memorable program on MeTV! Register now to pick your favorites from their library of more than 100 programs and help narrow the field. Then, beginning March 16, you'll be invited to vote in each round of their bracket-style competition. Your votes will crown the most memorable program on MeTV, and result in an exciting on-air event! So what shows will it be? Batman, Gilligan's Island, The Brady Bunch, Cheers, Happy Days, Welcome Back Kotter, or Saved by the Bell? You decide! Register now and take part! More info to come, so stay tuned.
NBC has ordered six hourlong episodes of I Can Do That! (working title), a comedy variety series where six celebrities will be asked to put on an entertainment show with skills they didn't even know they had. The series is scheduled to air this summer. Comedian-actor-producer Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) will serve as host. Celebrities participating are acclaimed dancer and choreographer Cheryl Burke (Dancing with the Stars), superstar recording artists Joe Jonas, Nicole Scherzinger and Ciara, national standup comedian Jeff Dye and actor Alan Ritchson (Blue Mountain State). Each week in front of a live studio audience, the six cast members (in teams of two) will put on a show featuring everything from song and dance to magic and danger.
The previous week the celebrities will watch three acts in the studio. The acts will span every variety of entertainment performance and at least one act per week will feature some of America's biggest-name performers in a guest-starring role. If while watching the act a celebrities says I Can Do That!, they put themselves up for the challenge. With their acts selected, the duos make their way into the training studio where they will work with their expert coach for five days to produce an amazing act to perform on next week's show. After a week of intensive training, the celebrities return to the stage to perform their act, impress the studio audience and each other in hopes of scoring the top slot on the night's scoreboard. With no judges or eliminations, I Can Do That! allows the cast to show off their untapped talents, develop a lasting camaraderie with their fellow stars and enjoy a little friendly competition along the way. After six weeks of exploring their own unique talent range, one cast member will be revealed as the season's ultimate entertainer.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, February 28
Fresh Off the Boat - "Living While Eddie" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After her precious morning papaya goes missing and the dishwasher was used for its actual purpose rather than just a drying rack, Jessica automatically accuses Eddie as the culprit. Yet when a record store manager accuses him of stealing a CD, she realizes he has other motives for his actions. Meanwhile, Louis and Emery are bursting with excitement when a TV crew comes to shoot an infomercial at Cattleman’s Ranch.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Heartbreak" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Devastated by his break-up with Brett, Kenny tags along with Pat and Jimmy to a Lonely Hearts happy hour, but when they try to use Kenny’s sadness to get attention from single ladies, Kenny inadvertently steals the show. Meanwhile, Eileen shuns the usual Valentine’s Day traditions until a chance encounter changes her mind.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
New Girl - "Young Adult" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Jess worries that she may not be a cool enough principal, she recruits Nick and “The Pepperwood Chronicles” to help make her popular with the students. Meanwhile, Schmidt hires an eager and overly-aggressive new assistant and Winston realizes that Furguson may be two-timing him.
The Mick - "The New Girl" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Mickey believes Ben’s school is discriminating against him, she stands up for her nephew. Meanwhile, Sabrina and Chip spend time with Alba and learn some surprising things about her.
Kevin Can Wait - "The Power of Positive Drinking" (CBS, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Kevin takes a job as a bartender, he goes too far when he starts dispensing unsolicited advice to his customers.
The Detour - "The Tub" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
As Nate and Robin contemplate having another child, a neighbor's casual get together turns into a home birth; Delilah learns about being a third wheel.
Teachers - "Thirty-One and Done" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Ms. Snap struggles with the idea of turning thirty-one and tries to regain her youth. Ms. Bennigan offers to babysit Blake for Hot Dad. The Teachers deal with every teacher’s nightmare when the copier breaks down.
Tuesday, February 28
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also talks about Table 19 on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 9am hour.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Natalie Zea (The Detour) - Natalie is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Dan Bucatinsky (Marry Me/The Comeback) - Dan drops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. She also talks about the new season of Nashville on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David drops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Katherine LaNasa (Three Sisters) - Katherine bakes a Mardi Gras king cake on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig talks about Table 19 on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh talks about his The Arrangement on the AOL Build Show at 5pm. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Tiffani Thiessen (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The College Years) - Tiffani is a guest on The Doctors, so check your local listings.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate appears on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:50am.